Dieter leveling - Page 2 - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dieter leveling

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 06 October 2012 - 05:33 PM

The event increases the VIP bonus. The VIP bonus does not effect homun exp, hence this event does not effect homun exp.

Homun exp is calculated and awarded before taking account of any effects which might only apply to some players.

Of course, VIP/Manuals/etc will effect experience gained by the owner for homunculus kills, but not exp gained by the homun.

#27 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:35 AM

So.. not affected by vip bonus then, just checked it lol.
Btw, still don't finda good place to lvl. Brasilis is JUST good for manual lvling, not awesome exp, but good if you mob pretty huge mobs, OD1 -_-ty exp, OD2 *meh* but not ppl around. Checked Harpies because someone told me to go to south maps of Juno, they rape him and no good exp. I still don't know why chemist in OD2 left, even if there's x2 exp event, they don't go there, what the hell happened?
I know there's ppl with their lvl 150 dieters around here, so please guys, share your knowledge.

#28 KodeX

KodeX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationEU Ban
  • Server:Ex iRO Chaos

Posted 10 October 2012 - 03:57 AM

I dont have a lvl150 homunculusS yet but I might hit it soon. Unfortunately you wont like my answer how I lvled it. Anthell, since 6 months. Every time I am at home and not playing other chars, anthell! By spending there about 5-10h afk per day I get ~1 lvl per week (normal exp).
I am really hoping for a special homunculus map where monsters have fixed spawn. But this will never happen I guess.

#29 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 04:13 AM

OMG! What's your homun and what lvl is it? 10h afk per day is just too much lol, and ant eggs ar very weak, I lvl'ed there when my homun was a normal one, and he was low lvl but then I changed to OD1 and then OD2.

#30 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 October 2012 - 10:51 AM

Oh god, ant eggs to 150? That sounds horrible.

Once you're 121 on dieter, you can level with magma flow.

#31 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:03 AM

Yeah, that's a pain in the a$$, I wouldn't be able to do that lol. A little more than 60% to 113, 8 lvls in Brasilis doesn't sound THAT much.. But I can't bear it, manual lvling is so damn boring (I was gonna say hard, but it's not xD). But hey, if I reach 121 down there, and I get Magma Flow, where should I lvl? All the way til 150 on NoggRoad2? AFK? :rice:

#32 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 10 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

You don't AFK with magma flow. Magma flow leveling is very active. You keep magma flow up, and teleport around, making huge mobs on your homun, and watching magma flow vaporize them. It involves lots of potions being thrown to homun, or lots of homun res, plus teleporting and active play. I hear its unreasonably fast though.

#33 Kasmalisus

Kasmalisus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:55 AM

Being someone who also had the same problem with a lack of AFK participants, I was left to find out a solo method of leveling my Dieter.

I have an Amistr -> Dieter. I can't give you exact percent/hr specifics, but I found Kunlun 1 to be the best choice for non-AFK leveling exp rate-wise. It is, however, costly on pots to both yourself and the hom' (if you prefer not to res), so I'd not recommend it unless you've proper defensive gear, or don't mind burning a lot of zeny. Second to Kunlun 1 is Amatsu 2, which is far more kind on the wallet, albeit much slower in the long run.

In the case of Kunlun 1, I recommend making an entry in the AI to have your hom' ignore Zipper Bears — they're not quite as much exp as bloody butterflies or enchanted peach trees, and therefore killing them is wasted time better spent killing the aforementioned two. I grinded my Dieter up to 109 here.

For 109 to 122, I headed to ein_fild05 during the spotlight event (I'm not too sure, but I think global 2x exp was also present at the time?). The map is disgustingly mobby, and therefore really easy to gather 20+ monsters, call out Dieter, and use lava slide. Grinded on one of my days off of work, and went 111->122 in that time span. Unfortunately, I'm not sure if this method is still viable in terms of speed, but you can give it a shot.

When you get to the 109 mark, try both that field, and OD2. See what's quicker. In the case of the field, though, you've a chance at getting some Noxious cards (and Teddy, too).

At 122, Nogg 2 to 150, I've heard. My own, at 124, gets about 10~20% every half-hour there. And from greeding all the loot and NPCing with lvl10 overcharge (sans RK rune materials), easily 400~800k in that time, as well.

#34 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 03:06 AM

What about a 110 sera with vani base.

What's a good place? Amatsu 2? I'm planning to manual ilevel it. I don't have aoe so its terribly slow.

Can't wait for poison mist. I hear ppl say brasillis when I get aoe? Is that correct? I'm just not sure what poison is good for cause od2 is bad for poison given they undead and I'm not sue about brassilis.

#35 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 09:58 PM

My dieter just reached lvl 116, I was manual leveling him at Brasilis. I just started today, didn't took advantage of the exp event but meh.. had better things to do lol. Where can I afk lvl him? I was at ein_fild05 but the exp is just fine and it's not that mobby, do you know better places to afk lvl? OD2 is dead and OD1 sucks lol.

#36 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 26 November 2012 - 09:13 AM

Dude I got my nub dieter 103 just now, if I go to brasilis you sure I can get 116 fast? coz Im bored watching it AFK level in OD forever <_<

#37 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 10:07 AM

Try something like this. Mob -> Call Homun
Mobs dont switch + good loot + good xp + low HP on mobs
http://forums.irowik...&pictureid=4011

EDIT: NEVER DO THIS OH GOD NEVER LEVEL A HOMUN MANUALLY ITS JUST NOT WORTH IT

Edited by Scuba, 26 November 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#38 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 01:08 PM

Mobbing > Calling Homun is what I do on brasilis, is the only way you can lvl fast there. (that's what I call manual lvling him lol) I'm on OD1 atm, just nice exp, but not that good. Any other good place to afk him?

#39 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:19 AM

So.. it's been a month now since it was 116, but I started lvling him at OD2 when the merge happened. It's 120 with 14%, I'm so damn close to 122 and he's lvling so fast with Lava Slide. I was told that once It gets Magma Flow, I should lvl him at Nogg2 but not AFK lvling. Is it the same way as I lvled him at Brasilis? (Mob > Call him out > Lava Slide the -_- out) Just that now I have to Magma Flow. Is it the right way? And one last thing, will it be able to tank the whole mob? A man told me that I gotta Aid pot him a lot, but.. Nogg2 is being spotlighted so, more exp but.. more mob x.x

#40 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 09:43 PM

http://forums.irowik...9&postcount=141

Dieter leveling @ Magma dungeon 2... pretty nice with exp event, cant recall what was the exp rate but 1hr of active leveling was like 20 hours of afk leveling.

#41 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 09:43 AM

Oh great but.. was that at lvl 122 or 148 like the ss shows? lol. And did you lvl at nogg2 till 150?
Btw, it's kinda hard to target your Dieter to Aid pot, isn't it? >.<

#42 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 10:55 AM

My pet was 148 (same as me), but it really does not matter much because all its stats were already 150 like by lv 120 and no, of course I did not level there, I stopped at 124 then dragoons, then quit playing, then level my homunculus during exp event.

Yes, is a bit hard to target the homunculus, but I usually let it die and cast homun res (lv 5). I think there is a trick that consist on casting the skill right before using a fly wing, which will remove the casting time of the skill, not sure if is a bug/legal thing to do tho.

Edited by Uyuni, 30 December 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#43 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

And by dragons you mean Abyss Lake 1, 2 or 3, right? I have Homun Res. lvl 1 for now >.<
Edit: So where do you recommend me to lvl my homun from 122 to 150?

Edited by Joaco, 30 December 2012 - 11:44 AM.

#44 Uyuni

Uyuni

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 07:05 PM

And by dragons you mean Abyss Lake 1, 2 or 3, right? I have Homun Res. lvl 1 for now >.<
Edit: So where do you recommend me to lvl my homun from 122 to 150?

If you have magma flow and pyroclastic go to magma dungeon 2, take advantage of the exp event. I dont really recommend active leveling without exp event, is really slow and if you can afk 8-10 hours a day you will get the same results.

#45 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:07 PM

Well, my dieter needs 70% to 122, so I don't have Pyroclastic..But since it's an Amistr, it has Blood lust. It's not the same but it adds a good amout of ATK (72). Do you think I can handle it without Pyro? And I think the spotlight is going to leave for the next maint >.< So maybe I only have a whole day to try there..

#46 Kasmalisus

Kasmalisus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 09:59 PM

Well, my dieter needs 70% to 122, so I don't have Pyroclastic..But since it's an Amistr, it has Blood lust. It's not the same but it adds a good amout of ATK (72). Do you think I can handle it without Pyro? And I think the spotlight is going to leave for the next maint >.< So maybe I only have a whole day to try there..

Yeah, it should be able to handle it. My Ami -> Dieter handled it well right off from 122.

#47 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 11:48 AM

Yeah, it should be able to handle it. My Ami -> Dieter handled it well right off from 122.

Until what lvl?

#48 Gambri

Gambri

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:12 PM

This. I took my Dieter from 122-150 in magma 2 in only a few days.

#49 Joaco

Joaco

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3569 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:04 AM

I reached 122 yesterday, I've been in Nogg2 and just got 36% >.< Homun Res lvl 1 sucks so bad right now...

#50 Kasmalisus

Kasmalisus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

Honestly, I had only taken my Dieter up to 124 there before the exhaustion of the grind from 99->122 set in, and I went on break from leveling him. Those two levels weren't an issue for me, but I have hom res maxed — I can see how having this at the bare minimum could be a problem, though...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users