FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide) - Page 5 - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#101 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 January 2011 - 01:36 AM

foc set is great for dmg, i think gork uses it or maybe he mixed it with 75 set idk

#102 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:03 AM

Premium will not offer you any advantage in terms of better reinf or enchanting % rates. It only has to do with increased exp, lant and drop rates, and few other features. But when it comes to upgrading everyone has the same exact chances. The only way to increase them is by buying the appropriate mall items, i.e. there are +10% coupons to add to reinf and enchant slots in the blacksmiths menus. Also there is reinf insurance which will prevent your items from breaking, if the attempt fails. And from time to time deterioration protection coupons may be available, which will prevent losing reinf levels, if again the attempt fails. As for enchanting there is only the +10% increase one. You can see details of all these in the mall item menu. Now you could either buy these yourself with hard $$$s or also ingame with lant from people who sale mall points.

I would STRONGLY advice to use such mall items, whenever you can afford them, especially if you are working with important items or going for fairly high levels of upgrading. And, to be honest, it is practically impossible to achieve high levels without using these items, since % chances of success will get REAL low (10% is lowest base rate for reinf).

Yes, you can have 2 different sets of ornaments, it all depends how you play the game, i.e. if you do also tanking or whether you concentrate on dps. Same goes for armour sets, more or less. If you are purely interested in damage, skill spamming and skill criticals, then I suppose Sylrium might be a better choice, though it isnt a particulalry great set. Might be OK for a few levels after 65 I guess... Though ultimately you would need some rare armour to use. I am not talking about carus yet, since it is quite hard to acquire carus sets and even harder to upgrade them.

Finally, you could also work on lower grade reinf ornaments, for example supernus ones. Their stats are far less than the eximius or rare ones, but on the other hand you do get the same physical damage bonus and they are much easier to upgrade. I proposed the bijou ones as probably the best you will ever use, so it would be a good idea to start investing on those. And dont worry too much if they are not +ed too much. You have to start somewhere and I am telling you it takes a long time and determination (and HUGE resources) to get them REAL high, so no worries and just take it easy. :unsure:

#103 Omega30

Omega30

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 04:21 AM

@Ninnghizhidda

Thank you, you just game an old commie a good advise.

@Famous

I dont know what you just said, i was distracted with you bouncing set (avatar) XD.
but i will experiment on your mix FOC + Sylrium idea.

I really appreciate you quick comments. :)

#104 SadistiK

SadistiK

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 12:34 PM

hi there:P i have a little questions about some skills in the build:P
1.-why all the builds i found in shield strike they only lvl up until lvl 5? dont is better lvl 10 with the 95% of succes ?(or at least lvl 8 with 85%?)
2.-if quick attack is only for auto attack and i wanna play only with skills isint better to avoid this skill?
3.-why beam slash lvl 4? i read that this has a good attack and ignore defense, dont will be good having this skill in lvl 10?
4.- if i dont wanna tank and i will use taunting cry for detect assa isint better that spend that 2 points in this three(taunt--->taunting cry) in other skills and use moonlight slash for detect the assa?

ty for the answers :rolleyes:

#105 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:04 PM

Will attempt to answer...

1) Experience has shown that shield strike success mainly depends on the level difference between characters. This is of course true with all other melee skills. But especially with shield strike which has a variable rate of success. A while ago, a patch increased the % success of melee skills to 95%, from 85% that was before. So, all melee skills now have an overall better rate to succeed. There is a penalty for any skill if a character is fighting a higher level opponent. The larger the gap the more pronounced is the effect, or it should in theory be.
So, spending too many points in shield strike only to gain a few more %, perhaps doesnt justify it.

2) Quick attack increases the attack speed indeed. Even if you use skills a lot, I doubt you would be doing so 100% of the time. I believe several hits would be "normal" or AA hits. Would not it be better if those hits have a decent attack speed? I think it is advisable for any class that has a skill that increases attack speed to use it. Even Zerks try to get their attack speed as close to 1.0 as possible, and everyone else does the same.

3) Beam Slash is pretty cool. However, the extra amount of damage gained per level isnt exactly spectacular. For PvP it would be more advisable to spend some DNA on it and make it faster to fire. Also, having a good % skill critical rate and perhaps also good SCAD, would mean more to beam slash than the raw damage from level increase.

4) I dont think you can use moonlight slash to unstealth assasins. Will not take an oath about it, but I believe only an area taunt, that is Taunting Cry, can have this result.

#106 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 14 January 2011 - 02:34 PM

if you wanna pvp, need higher than lvl 5 shield strike, max beam slash, :rolleyes: taunts - useless, aoes can unstealth

#107 SadistiK

SadistiK

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 04:25 PM

for the point 4 of my question i have understand that moon is a AOE skill and have DOT and think that really will unstealth like anothers aoe skills in the game or im wrong? someone has try it?

ty nnin and famous for answer me :rolleyes:

#108 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

Ah, OK, you meant the DoT damage from Moonlight... Yes, correct, if hit they cant go into hiding again until DoT is over. I thought you meant to use the skill when they are already in stealth. This way, Boomerang can work too, since it has DoT. However how can you unstealth them if you dont know where to target? Our skills are not magic ones where you can just target a location in the ground...

#109 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 15 January 2011 - 01:33 AM

you can unstealth sins if they are too close to other targets, so you will aoe someone else and sin gets hit and unstealthed.

i am sure he knows how commies aoe work and whats their range

#110 SadistiK

SadistiK

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:16 AM

but moon is a AOE that need a target for use it? or just can press the skill and will do it like taunting?
remember that i dont get that lvl so i dont know how is the skill :rolleyes:

#111 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:56 PM

Commander aoe attack skills NEED targets, they are not taunts. Taunts, specifically Taunting Cry, yes, you can just fire one in empty space and see if something is hidden. If sins are hiding too close to other potential targets, they arent too brilliant sins if I may say... A host of aoe and DoT skills can easily catch them then, Commander ones included.

P.S. Taunting Cry is also useful to reveal all those funky mobs who have a habit to go hiding into walls, such hilarious stuff...

#112 csman1a4e

csman1a4e

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts
  • LocationPlancy

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:37 AM

Will it be good to mix Siesmic with RH armor ?
:P

#113 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 06 May 2011 - 12:08 PM

I would rather go for a full RH Fierce set. I dont particularly fancy the Seismic set. However, I guess it would be possible to use Seismic set together with Fierce gloves + boots, then you would also need something else for shoulders too. Benefits for just 2 Fierce pieces arent that great. In all, you would need pieces from 3 different sets for all 6 slots, and this looks too fragmented to me.

I would rather try to use one complete set wherever it is possible, or pieces from 2 sets maximum, if there is no other choice (something I have to do myself too).

#114 tally

tally

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1136 posts
  • LocationDisgruntled
  • Server:Velik - Vermillion

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:12 PM

I can't speak for Commanders wanting a STR set, but for an HP build it's better to have the full RH set than any combination of it and the Biskra Sea Prot set.

For Seismic, depends on how much you're willing to compromise HP for some STR and crit stats...

#115 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 08 May 2011 - 03:51 PM

It would be alright to have the Sea Protector with RH instead of Seismic in my opinion since it has health instead of str, you would get some skill crit that way, would not got the 62 con bonus from rh though. On the otherhand you are only gaining 3% skill crit. Up to you though, could use biskra stuff till you get rh or better yet carus set.

#116 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 10 May 2011 - 03:57 AM

It would be alright to have the Sea Protector with RH instead of Seismic in my opinion since it has health instead of str, you would get some skill crit that way, would not got the 63 con bonus from rh though. On the otherhand you are only gaining 3% skill crit. Up to you though, could use biskra stuff till you get rh or better yet carus set.

Fixed it. ;)

Dorky I know, just couldn't help it.

#117 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:16 AM

matt any data on the 72 briliant set..? im making an ss comie and atm i got 1 plu 12-14 foc 65 set , but i thoguht about switching to 72 briliant later... what i have in mind brialiant set tb (or 75 shield) and 70 till i get 75 sword. thanks

annubis

#118 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts
  • LocationWhy do you need to know?
  • Server:Where all the drama is.

Posted 06 July 2011 - 12:43 AM

No no! Dont go for 72 brill set!

As they say!

"IT HAS NO HP! Its a worthless set lol"

Go 75 like most. Its the win button /thumbs up

#119 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 06 July 2011 - 02:01 AM

but even u use 72 set and for ss is god option i think or..?

#120 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 10:04 AM

I went 72 set because majority of req believed it was trash and most went 75 set.(Chose to be different)

For SS it is very good. But you gotta withstand its holes and learn to fill them.

72 brill is a hardmode set. So do what ya think will make ya survive.(Already have my own plan laid out for brill)

#121 zealotta

zealotta

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 04:57 PM

No no! Dont go for 72 brill set!

As they say!

"IT HAS NO HP! Its a worthless set lol"

Go 75 like most. Its the win button /thumbs up

think i will make a brill set iza.. -_-
brill set with scad jewels + tb resist costume -_-

think i had like 12k hp. less ofc but not bad if u had some hp buffs in the tvt :waddle:

#122 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 06:17 PM

think i will make a brill set iza.. -_-
brill set with scad jewels + tb resist costume -_-

think i had like 12k hp. less ofc but not bad if u had some hp buffs in the tvt :waddle:

Stay away from meh brill Yuki-chan >_O

You'll be surprised how much hp you'll lose by going brill.

Don't need scad jewels. Brill automatically pumps up scad per reinforcement.

I am guessing you more than likely have a +30 alosa so your covered to think about TB costume.

But w/e you do... don't put resistance in brill =3

#123 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 20 July 2011 - 10:54 PM

you probs want to put some good con xeons, at least s2 rh ones or better to make up for hp lost i guess, never paid much attention

#124 IzaOkami

IzaOkami

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 792 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 12:04 AM

you probs want to put some good con xeons, at least s2 rh ones or better to make up for hp lost i guess, never paid much attention

Yep. RH con xeons are what you plug into Brill armor alone. Anything else is just suicidal lulz.

Still, majority of commanders go 75 set.

Kinda makes me feel uncomfy seeing other comies now going for brill like I did. )=

#125 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 21 July 2011 - 01:25 AM

well dc con scales and biskra con ammonites aint too bad either :waddle:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users