FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide) - Page 8 - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#176 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:26 AM

Cad build sin + ET duals +30 and so on , what do you expect ? .....

I expect to kick his ass in september;)

#177 ThugSoulja

ThugSoulja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 347 posts
  • LocationRight behind you , with two katanas pointed at you

Posted 30 July 2011 - 03:55 AM

I expect to kick his ass in september;)

If he wont improve his gear and if you'll spend good amounts of $ , then maybe but who knows maybe he'll kick ur ass even after the reinf event xD

#178 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 04:21 AM

Well he would have to change something major. His gear is nearly done. Mine has a long long way to go. Idk we will see what I can afford come event time but if ican do what I hope there will be a massive difference on Nex

#179 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:57 PM

Well I updated with the new nerf patch. I wrote down what I plan to do for 85. I think this is a good final build for skill spammers who aren't going to change after beam nerf. Without beam I felt it necessary to get onslaught for a third powerful attack. And even use Dire Strike slash to skill spam :/
But I'm seriously thinking about becoming an Auto Attacker! Even though moonlight still has nice damage that can do 4k, Auto Attack is way faster and more reliable to hit. Me spamming buttons 4 or 5 of them isn't really a fast way to kill ppl even with good skill %. I'm sure auto attack would be more relaxing, easier, faster and probably more kills.
But I'm still weary of the decision. This won't be happening for a long time anyway. First I need a 30% reinf event to make a new cad/cc ball D:<

#180 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 October 2011 - 10:45 PM

Ok, i know i havent been a comie for long, realy long, but today i job chaned to comie for like 1 hour so i could reset my skills, and since i was allready a comie i went 1 foc.
Alright, my dmg sucked badly (was on tank HP jewels duh! <_<) but with 15k hp and crappy resistances (30% or less on all, exept on elec wich maybe its at 50%)i didnt feel like i was easy to take down. OK, i had mooi healing us, thats allways a big pluss. But since everyone does scad/cad builds now resistances dont play such a huge roll as they did idk, 6 months back or more, maybe just good HP and dmg (wich comies can get) could be enough??

And more on topic with this.... Ty for the update matt, great work :wacko:

#181 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 October 2011 - 08:02 PM

Er ya such low resistance like that is very fatal no matter what hp you have. No healer can save you with such low resistance. I remember one time I forgot to put on my theme gear and rushed at someone and died in less than 2 seconds. Big difference with capped resistances. Even yet it is hard to live for very long with 15k hp and 80% resistances. All long range classes are way OP since I lasted played. Often I don't want to rush into a group anymore. I usually wonder around like an assassin hoping to fight people 1 by 1. It's very difficult being a comm, I can't even imagine myself playing for much longer like this. There is no such thing as survival anymore only damage. Back when we first talked about commanders dess, I was way wrong, hp is garbage now. Although one should have at least 10k >.>. Anyway the only way to be an OP comm is be all +30. It seems it's crucial for me to get a +30 carus shield now.

#182 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 14 October 2011 - 02:59 PM

Noob question, but for PVP, why not DNA Adamant Mind and Face Strike? Is it not useful, or are there simply just not enough points to go around?

#183 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 03:19 PM

Well, the only way to be OP anything is to be all +30, maybe with the exeption of radiants. And thats goes specially for meles since normally they are fighting alone with rad 30M behind or more. Also AA and skills for meles are harder to land on moving targuets than ranged casters skills.

Tbh, i dont know if its so crucial for you to get a +30 carus shield, i remember trying to escape many times from you in FoC lol Probably you are still one of the best commies arround, and since all beamslashmanders will change job for sure youll be one of the few left :wacko: Lol i can see an invasion of rads and then nerfing us again. Allready saw many tempys go rad, apparently being 1 of the best aoe classes is not enough now....

Maybe ill go foc on Dess as prot a little bit more to check how much i survive and make rangers :wacko: with my defence buff :wacko:

#184 Loyalty1

Loyalty1

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9069 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:♪ ♥ ♪

Posted 14 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

Allready saw many tempys go rad, apparently being 1 of the best aoe classes is not enough now....

Haven't you heard? Tempests are the worse class of requiem now.

#185 mnmI

mnmI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:48 AM

Haven't you heard? Tempests are the worse class of requiem now.

dadadadadada :wacko:

tempest=suck, don't even try to change job!

someone should make tempest guide also, nice job matty :wacko:

#186 Rapsod

Rapsod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3611 posts
  • LocationCroatia
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 15 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

dadadadadada :wacko:

tempest=suck, don't even try to change job!

someone should make tempest guide also, nice job matty :wacko:

you should make some =D put ping / speed hacks in it too =D :wacko:

#187 mnmI

mnmI

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 15 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

you should make some =D put ping / speed hacks in it too =D :wacko:

no hacks for trolls! :wacko:

#188 FranticEuphoria

FranticEuphoria

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 389 posts
  • LocationNoming on my sweetheart!

Posted 18 October 2011 - 03:12 PM

This has to be a comparison of sets only. If you start trying to throw in other items it skews the results because you can throw in other items regardless of the set. Anything here will be assumed to be all +30 as we are looking to "endgame"

What does conquerors gain that is not in Brilliant?

Con 541 = 2705
Fire res = 130% roughly

What does Brilliant gain that is not in Conquerors?

Scad = 460 Net gain including bonuses
Wind resistance = 130% roughly

Now from a practical point of view you will never get the 541 con back. No matter what you reinforce you just cannot recover that much con in your armor. If you reinforce jewels with con then maybe but you will lose the skill crit chance that you will need if you do this. If you decide to use Con in jewels and recover skill crit chance with scad ball then you cannot use Alosa to get some hp back. Any Commie will try to get 79 weap/shield if possible so you cant say you will regain your hp from this as any commie can gain this same hp and would be stupid to not try to acquire these parts regardless of the set they use.

Fire resistance is a win for Conq IMO since there are lots of shammies and they get a HUGE debuff which when active will drop you from 130% to capped. A commie has 15.05% res to all as a base stat. Using a TB shield +30 is no good as that will gain you only 38% and leave you at 53% res to all which is suicide. Also with the TB shield you lose the 75/79 shield HP/Con and Block benefits which are huge. The Only weak spot to a commie using Coq as far as Res goes is when using a scad ball 1 you will have low water res. Big deal. One Class with One skill uses water (the stun doesnt hit you due to AM so this means only one water skill will bother you)

You have to think mass PvP which is the only PvP which is common. If you dont have cap res casters will eat you. If you rely on Def and max res but drop Block rate and Block def then melee will eat you (trust me on this sins/zerks dont hate my def they hate Block)

As a commie you CAN do a pure SS build if you like but IMO it is not getting everything out of the class that is possible. Commies will have 400+ CAD no matter which of the three sets they use. An AA crit rate of 20% is not utilizing this stat at all. Brill uses str main stat which builds CAD. Glorious adds CAD when you + it and Conq adds str which adds CAD. You might as well get some use from that CAD and AA some because guess what, SKILLS MISS!!! A lot.

You cannot be a pure AA commie because unlike a sin you cannot stun lock your opponent for 10 seconds so you must get some Skills in there somewhere. The problem is most players relegate a commander to EITHER AA OR SS. A commie needs to balance both and IMO Conq is the only set that allows this.

Soooo, does it still balance? o:

#189 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 18 October 2011 - 09:01 PM

Lol what thread is that from? I agree with commander conqueror's set is nice for any commander and is a good balanced set. Although to be both AA and SS you would really have to use 79 set or better 85 set. I really hope to get 85 set and try to be a little bit AA but mostly SS. The cad from str on conqueror's won't go far without any crit %. I think the best way to be both AA and SS would have both +30 cad and +30 skill ball and switch between them. :/ And put those special .50 cc .50 sc in jewels xD That's my two cents . Not sure what you asking though frantic. I'll leave commander to answer that.

#190 Commander

Commander

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 215 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:47 AM

While I think this is not a real question and only some pointless trolling I will attempt to answer it to the best of my abilities seeing as I have not decided a final destination for my commie.

Nothing in my original post has changed. There are still no sets which will balance in a great way. 85 set is similar to the 79 set and is mainly for SS commie only and doesn't even add that much scad and does not +scad.

Commie still cannot stun lock an opponent although with slow better we can now keep up with ONE target which will not net you very well in mass pvp if you are playing a commie for what it's intention is (disabling/killing radis and defy IMO). Radis are hard for a commie to kill and the best thing to do is disable them with stuns and FS while killing the other players around them. To do this you will have to SS for a good bit.

Again, it is nice to use the AA power so I am still looking to balance things out. Have I considered the Brill set? Yes. I still think that it is a suicide set though do to the loss of over 2700 HP and no fire res. The DPS would be nice for those skills we use believe me I don't overlook these things but as it stands with max res to fire/elec/curse/wind I already die very fast so I cannot imagine dropping fire res.

#191 WarDrac

WarDrac

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1296 posts
  • LocationLithuania
  • Server:I'm xazeN

Posted 10 November 2011 - 07:59 AM

Hello FloorMatt now DNA is 55 you wrote build for 25 DNA's where your other 30 goes? :)

Edited by WarDrac, 10 November 2011 - 08:00 AM.

#192 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 10 November 2011 - 11:01 PM

Hello FloorMatt now DNA is 55 you wrote build for 25 DNA's where your other 30 goes? :D

Well I figured most of the community isn't going to like a cash shop-_- build. I didn't even go that far with my dna. I got 35, and that's good enough. The rest would be luxury.

For 55 DNA I'd probably put...
rush 10
face strike 10
adamant mind 10
boomerang of sword aura (range extension) 9
potens moonlight slash 9
extended moonlight 7

I think I'll put a few different DNA's maybe. Bare minimum 25, 35 minimum for cash shop, 55 luxury xD

#193 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 16 November 2011 - 08:54 AM

Er ya such low resistance like that is very fatal no matter what hp you have. No healer can save you with such low resistance. I remember one time I forgot to put on my theme gear and rushed at someone and died in less than 2 seconds. Big difference with capped resistances. Even yet it is hard to live for very long with 15k hp and 80% resistances. All long range classes are way OP since I lasted played. Often I don't want to rush into a group anymore. I usually wonder around like an assassin hoping to fight people 1 by 1. It's very difficult being a comm, I can't even imagine myself playing for much longer like this. There is no such thing as survival anymore only damage. Back when we first talked about commanders dess, I was way wrong, hp is garbage now. Although one should have at least 10k >.>. Anyway the only way to be an OP comm is be all +30. It seems it's crucial for me to get a +30 carus shield now.

i know this is bit old post but i like it a lot, i play same way with serk.

#194 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:07 AM

wel i took the time and got my comie to 83, out of queests now anyway, now comes the dilema....i thgought of a lets say hybrid build since i got my hands on a cheap briliant set, i use 79 uncursed shield +3 and a 75 sword +11, ornaments are cad ball 1 +4 atm, earings rings bracelets + 15 bijou and neck/ belt rare + 11, each jewel has 1% skill crit and 1,5-3% crit enchanted (0, 50 ion mine)

per total with +0 bril set i got 7000 hp 44% crit rate and 23% skill cri rate 3xx scad and 4xx cad these are my stats
def is like 3300

i honestly dont know if i should start pluss briliant for damge or switch to a glorious set(already got 4 parts) i want some opinions briliant is more dmg skill wise but i lack hp bad only 7k, with full glorious i would gain around 7700 hp at +0 will have 50% + crit rate more cad and my skill crit would drop to like 17%.

if i would pluss my glorious i would gain more hp + cad so more survival, with costume / guild boost and + 5-10 glorious i would get ~10k hp so more survival and elec resitance too

i wanna make my comie so that he can do nice damage and tank maybe some mall bosses like rh/biskra

matt want ur opinion on this . thanks

#195 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:12 PM

wel i took the time and got my comie to 83, out of queests now anyway, now comes the dilema....i thgought of a lets say hybrid build since i got my hands on a cheap briliant set, i use 79 uncursed shield +3 and a 75 sword +11, ornaments are cad ball 1 +4 atm, earings rings bracelets + 15 bijou and neck/ belt rare + 11, each jewel has 1% skill crit and 1,5-3% crit enchanted (0, 50 ion mine)

per total with +0 bril set i got 7000 hp 44% crit rate and 23% skill cri rate 3xx scad and 4xx cad these are my stats
def is like 3300

i honestly dont know if i should start pluss briliant for damge or switch to a glorious set(already got 4 parts) i want some opinions briliant is more dmg skill wise but i lack hp bad only 7k, with full glorious i would gain around 7700 hp at +0 will have 50% + crit rate more cad and my skill crit would drop to like 17%.

if i would pluss my glorious i would gain more hp + cad so more survival, with costume / guild boost and + 5-10 glorious i would get ~10k hp so more survival and elec resitance too

i wanna make my comie so that he can do nice damage and tank maybe some mall bosses like rh/biskra

matt want ur opinion on this . thanks

Well better to have more crit rate and make every hit count. Since you are more AA I would go for Glorious, 23% skill crit and 17% skill crit are both so low there's no difference between them. And ya since you can get hp with it, I say glorious all the way. But really if you are worrying about being a hybrid you should try to get sacred patterned.

#196 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 04 January 2012 - 10:34 PM

last night i managed to get a nice + 30 75 1h sword combined with my uncursed shield and briliant set i saw some damn nice damage i really liked it. ima go full dps with briliant set more crit i will gain anyway cuse i will plus my cad ball. atm only with guild bonus i got like 8,4k hp in briliant +0 and core dmg is 12xx-14xx. glorious is nice too cuse of hp con(still miss some parts anyway) but i cant play a class when i dont like the set for it :thumb: and for tanking st mobs and pvp fun i prefer go full dps <3

thanks anyway matt and my honest opinion why i went briliant cuse besides the cool looks , it adds a nice str bonus and str per + what is cad too, so instead of gaining 600hp with glor set i prefer go all the way with this set :(

here some stats atm still low but under construction its an alt :(
hp : 9k + with costume item mal, no pet
short damage: 12xx-14xx
cad 4xx atm
scad 3xx
short def 3300 +0 set
resitance low atm like 30% need + cad bal.

#197 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:14 AM

Welp totally pointless to put cad/scad in your gears now. Eyup. Nobody do that now.
Now all about crit rate and hp I'd say.

Hahaha for me this has really been the best patch ever, I hardly changed a bit because i never bothered with these cad/scad things. I had actually quit because of it, and now I have a reason to come back. Totally opposite for me. Yet everyone gonna quit. Though I say a few op players quiting never hurt anybody (cept gravity) let them quit, fighting less people is fun to me.

o___O;

edit: oh ya I was gonna say, I think making a commander now wouldn't be such a bad idea, now it's more about the crowd control. I like crowd control >.>
bet sayuz and other scadies probably think otherwise. Dunno the future

Edited by Laner, 11 January 2012 - 02:16 AM.

#198 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania

Posted 11 January 2012 - 03:49 AM

well i will stick to the briliant set cuse of str and skill % that i can balance a bi skill% chance too, would go for 79 one but atm to few pieces left in ah and i dont have lant to invest will +10 my 79 uncursed shield and enchant my 75 +30 weapon, +10 cad ball too for mor resitance..

and prob i will stick with bril since i love the looks honestly....in my opinion is most beautifull comie set...

prob the final comie resutls will be 50% crit / 24-25% skill crit and dmg like 11xx-12xx, hp around 9k no cotums and pet.

#199 Theron

Theron

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 02:55 PM

i think again FOC set i kinda cool after nerf :P

#200 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts