FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide) - Page 9 - Turan Temple - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

FloorMatt's Altar of Commander (PvP Guide)

• Please log in to reply
238 replies to this topic

#201 IAmAbomination

IAmAbomination

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Playing:Requiem
  • Server:Hammerine

Posted 15 January 2012 - 12:57 AM

Welp totally pointless to put cad/scad in your gears now. Eyup. Nobody do that now.
Now all about crit rate and hp I'd say.

Hahaha for me this has really been the best patch ever, I hardly changed a bit because i never bothered with these cad/scad things. I had actually quit because of it, and now I have a reason to come back. Totally opposite for me. Yet everyone gonna quit. Though I say a few op players quiting never hurt anybody (cept gravity) let them quit, fighting less people is fun to me.

o___O;

edit: oh ya I was gonna say, I think making a commander now wouldn't be such a bad idea, now it's more about the crowd control. I like crowd control >.>
bet sayuz and other scadies probably think otherwise. Dunno the future

I kinda agree with you about the Patch being good (maybe the game has lost quite a few more people xD Sadly Gravity's greed has no limit)

Now I know my Commie totally sucks and I'm a newbie, I was close to killing you once in SvS though ^_^ probably thanks to luck... major luck... like outta' this world luck. Anywho, only reason I'm mad at this Nerf/Bug fix/"Evil Scheme to Suck More Money Out of the Player Base and Slowly Take Over the World" is because I started collecting Brilliant parts, nearly finished the set (which looks -_- AMAZING, looks quite evil to me, makes a Commander look though! My second favourite after Resolute ^^) I was going to use a +10 - 15 Brilliant with my +20 Conqueror Pants, then I read that Scad had been nerfed...
Spoiler

Hopefully they will make 85 FoC sets, if not I will try collecting 79 / 75 set, which is gonna be a pain. 79 MND/DEX/INT parts can probably be bought for a relatively cheap price, and then just compounded into CON.

My question is would you say that would be worth it? Or just wait and pray that a new FoC set comes out? Or just get the rest of 75 set?

#202 IAmAbomination

IAmAbomination

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:23 AM

And also 79 Commander armour looks incredibly gay, I got a high res image of one, opened it in my totally legit Photoshop and took me 17 seconds to make it look 200% less gay, looks kinda cool now xD Replaced the pink with a dark but glowing/vivid green and made it slightly darker overall. I will still never be more impressed with a piece of armour than my Nightingale Set in Skyrim.

#203 Ninnghizhidda

Ninnghizhidda

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1903 posts
  • LocationAthens, Hellas

Posted 15 January 2012 - 01:30 AM

Conqueror set all the way, like it was before, the same is now. We obviously needed a major "nerf" patch to learn the hard way... ^^

#204 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada
  • Server:Valdetrarine

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:25 PM

Yea indeed conqueror's or 79 set. I think it would be worth switching to one of these sets. Right now I'm using both, 4 parts conqueror's 2 parts sacred. I just need 2 parts more to complete 79 set. The only advantage now it would give me is more skill crit rate and phys crit rate. Now I'm feeling a little lazy like I could still keep conqueror's and be totally fine.

LOL I know 79 set is retarded looking. And any photoshoper could put any color to replace pink and the set would be fine. Never thought of using green, I tried replacing pink with red or blue and those looked nice. Lots goes with gold.

#205 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 15 January 2012 - 02:32 PM

only reason i didnt went 79 set...1 i dont like helm and pink...just lol..

#206 IAmAbomination

IAmAbomination

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:37 PM

Yea indeed conqueror's or 79 set. I think it would be worth switching to one of these sets. Right now I'm using both, 4 parts conqueror's 2 parts sacred. I just need 2 parts more to complete 79 set. The only advantage now it would give me is more skill crit rate and phys crit rate. Now I'm feeling a little lazy like I could still keep conqueror's and be totally fine.

LOL I know 79 set is retarded looking. And any photoshoper could put any color to replace pink and the set would be fine. Never thought of using green, I tried replacing pink with red or blue and those looked nice. Lots goes with gold.

I got the idea of green from the Dream Chaser set (Ranger/Avenger one), looked cool, well at least better than that pink. Think I might add it to suggestions or something, to change the damn texture from pink to something less... pink! And yeah lots of good combinations possible, and they chose to go with pink. *sigh*

The only thing I will miss from the Conqueror Set is Fire Res, but I plan on making use of the enchant slots for that.

#207 IAmAbomination

IAmAbomination

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 07:40 PM

only reason i didnt went 79 set...1 i dont like helm and pink...just lol..

LOL like Matt mentioned, the set would've looked fine if it wasn't pink xD But it's stats are very nice, hopefully I can get about 70% Skill Crit when done.

#208 Sasuke21

Sasuke21

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4248 posts
  • LocationRomania
  • Server:AionEU/Nexus

Posted 02 February 2012 - 08:06 AM

updates on my comie. went balanced hybrid build like i sad to crit with aa and skills ok.
lvl. 83
short atack power: 1178-1299
hp:10470
def 4800 short lon 3100
cad 370
scad 2xx
crit 50%
skcrit % 25%

stats with gvg only no costume no pet.

gear: +30 75 sword, +15 shield 75, 75 conq set (+30 upper, 20 lower gloves, 14 rest)
+13 curse cad ball.

Edited by Sasuke21, 06 February 2012 - 06:50 AM.

#209 bloodymale

bloodymale

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 06:46 AM

How do you ppl think about the new nightmare ornaments...did anyone already use some of them and what do you think of making a C-C set (CON phys dmg) of that for SS commi?
Should i spend lant and time for that or better use Reinf stuff?

#210 Famous

Famous

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6209 posts
  • LocationEngland
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

How do you ppl think about the new nightmare ornaments...did anyone already use some of them and what do you think of making a C-C set (CON phys dmg) of that for SS commi?
Should i spend lant and time for that or better use Reinf stuff?

Nightmare jewels are better than reinforced jewels but will take long time to farm or much lant to buy so depending how serious you are about this ghost ship, chose to use them or not.

Ah, and new carus grade nm jewels will come out at some point in future possibly.

#211 War87

War87

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 09:12 AM

Question:

Tranum Ion Set The Eximius lvl 60 o-o Is it a good option if U cant or dont want to take FoC or Kinda hard to get Seamless?

#212 Dess

Dess

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 11:01 AM

Question:

Tranum Ion Set The Eximius lvl 60 o-o Is it a good option if U cant or dont want to take FoC or Kinda hard to get Seamless?

If you think Seamless its hard to get dont even try with lvl 60 tranum, its much worst.

#213 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

LoL Tranum xD Just..no...

#214 War87

War87

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Well I didn't mean that Polar was "HArd" but...
Anyways Matt's answer on "Tranum NO" is enough xD

I'd rather go Polar then xD. I'm just having problems cuz I started in Hammerine (used to play in Valdes) and first toon in a "new" server is quite poor lol... So I was wondering cuz Tranum prices are cheaper... but... Bleh.. Polar FTW xD

#215 Darkus0

Darkus0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Hey guys, i just come back of a long time without play, the commander still good in pvp? And what is the best weapon for the class now?

#216 Temperion

Temperion

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 859 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Hey guys, i just come back of a long time without play, the commander still good in pvp? And what is the best weapon for the class now?

Yes and weapons are still the same as before. Sword/shield for skill spam, axe/shield for aa.

#217 sonemere

sonemere

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2350 posts

Posted 27 December 2012 - 07:11 PM

item mall 65 foc/seamless to +20 ion mine con cheap easy armor. hella lot cheaper than anything carus and the material prices. next 4 rare nm con jewel +10 or whatever ur comfortable with cad/scad according to skillspam or aa. next mix str mnd jewels. u can easily get over 15k hp have enough mnd to skillspam forever and str for ur damage. nm jewels let u do anything without sacrificing very much.

#218 ARAGOD

ARAGOD

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 06:51 PM

I need commander
PvP Guide plis

#219 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:43 PM

I need commander
PvP Guide plis

Hello sir.
Well this build is pretty old indeed, I don't know if you noticed but the title does say PvP.
Maybe what's swaying you to the pve side of this build is that there is not beamslash dna?
Well after coming back for a bit, it does seem beamslash is still necessary. However I wouldn't add any points to the actual skill, just the dna.

This build should still be pretty accurate though, at least for skills and dna, today I took out some points out of somewhere? added them to beamslash.
Also this was when the cap was 85.
I suppose the dna should now look something like this
potens rush 10
beamslash 10
face strike 10
adamant mind 10
potens moonlight 10
aoe boomerang 5

Anyhooow, sorry for the late reply (I kinda quit lol), and btw commander is a dead class, completely dead. I'm not even sure there is any benefit to making one anymore.
Pvp they are myeh, pve they are lame.

Meh if you still wanna be one, go ahead, I also completely forgot about AA comm, but those are self explantory, even if you were AA this build would still be good, you don't need skills but you might as well have them anyway, nothing else importantish, maybe accuracy or weapon mastery. LOL. AA just get the gear for it and you'll be fine I guess.

TLDR; comm sucks anyway don't play it, skill and dna still accurate, maybe add beamslash dna?

#220 Darkatila

Darkatila

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

Play casters + all reinforced to 31 = profit.

#221 Viole

Viole

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1148 posts
  • LocationTR

Posted 29 May 2013 - 07:09 PM

Play casters + all reinforced to 31 = profit.

40k HP casters everywhere!

:p_idea:

#222 Darkatila

Darkatila

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1111 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Valdes

Posted 29 May 2013 - 08:05 PM

lol, that remains me of Dragon Nest

#223 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:20 AM

Hmm I've updated this page once again. My Build is slightly different. I've went the AA route, so now I've been both AA and SS. But this build works for either/or, with some slight changes if you are only SS.  But really this is pointless thread, I shouldn't be attracting people to the commander class! It requires too much +30s.

Well whatever , I make it so that when ppl ask about my build I can be lazy and tell them to go to forums xD!

Besides I like this thread. Makes me feel important-ish. 

#224 kristoffer

kristoffer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:06 PM

just wondering if AA comm is still possible for both pve and pvp?i was thinking of going aa comm since w/ aa i only need to spend my skill points on aspeed buff and the rest of the skill point can go to my disabling skills and def buffs. but im thinking of maxing beam slash(i knw its nerfed) for last hitting people who are running away?i knw its a stupid idea thats why i need a pro to guide me to a better path  :3

Edited by kristoffer, 29 August 2013 - 11:18 PM.

#225 Laner

Laner

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 554 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 30 August 2013 - 04:10 PM

just wondering if AA comm is still possible for both pve and pvp?i was thinking of going aa comm since w/ aa i only need to spend my skill points on aspeed buff and the rest of the skill point can go to my disabling skills and def buffs. but im thinking of maxing beam slash(i knw its nerfed) for last hitting people who are running away?i knw its a stupid idea thats why i need a pro to guide me to a better path  :3

Well for pve it's quite nice for bosses. So for end game it makes a decent tank and good dps if well geared. For pvp it's fine too, it's just that AA has a hard time against running targets. It works kinda like sin, good for taking out one target, but not practical against other commies and sins as well. Also if your slow is on cd you are kinda in trouble, it heavily relies on slow, speed buff isn't good enough you still only hit your target every 1-2 seconds it seems. Anyway any +30 comm is a successful comm xD.

As for skills even though you don't technically need skill attacks, you will find yourself with a TON of extra skill points, so point it into whatever you feel you need most, be that defense taunts or accuracy.

Edit: oh and I see you mentioned beamslash. I don't think maxing beamslash is ever good idea, be it ss, aa or hybrid. I know I use it, it is a good utility skill, but you won't gain that much damage for leveling it up. Yes it's good for last hitting, but only if you have some skill crit to back it up. Are you thinking of a hybrid build like mine? I rather have the dot skills than the max beamslash personally. It already hits good enough on a crit. Beamslash is something like 16sec cd so you can't use it a lot.

Edited by Laner, 30 August 2013 - 04:18 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users