Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 21 May 2012 - 01:59 PM

Hi :) I am new to the mage class in general.. I have gotten all my basic killing spells as sorc maxed and am ready to work on summons.

My question is.. Which summon is best; what version and all that jazz. They confuse me, all have different effects.. I heard from someone that they can change attribute of pwave.. but I dont see that in their descreption.

Anyone expert on summons, can you give me advice on which to get and such? :<

#2 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:22 PM

How good a summon is for you depends on what you do and what your stats are.
Summons are best with flee. I think they get like +100 to whatever flee you have the moment you summon them.
If you can get them to have 450-500 you'll find them a nice tank when you want to solo.

What summon you pick depends on what you spend the most time doing and what spells you have to compliment it.
Most casters either choose aqua or ventus. Aqua gives matk while ventus reduces fixed cast time.

Did I mention elemental pwave is rape. 100k pwaves ain't no laughing matter and all summons at level 2 in passive mode let you change the element of pwave. Level 2 defensive mode changes your element which makes you a beast tank against the corresponding magic and is good for ET and low level mvps.

Agni is often preferred by spellfisters and hindsighters. He's tough enough to be left in offensive mode to tank and gather aggro.
He boost warmer signifigantly and makes you a nice alt healer. Terra is the only one i don't reccommend. I think a soldier build could find some use for it but...meh.

#3 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:24 PM

Ventus - Reduces All your Skills cast times (even Fixed) by 1 second, Changes P. Wave Element to Wind. Increase PW Damage by 20%/Varteyr Spear Damage Boosted (Level 2 Ventus)
Aqua - Provides Equip MATK Bonus. Changes P. Wave Element to Water. Increase PW Damage by 20% (Level 2 Aqua)
Agni - Provides 10% Extra Warmer Health Bonus Healing. Agni Changes P. Wave Element to Fire Increase PW Damage by 20% (Level 2 Agni)
Terra - Provides 10% HP Bonus... Not very Practical. Changes P. Wave Element to Earth. Increase PW Damage by 20% (Level 2 Terra)

All these effects are usually active at level 1 Spirit Control, which puts the summon into Passive Mode, including the above effects it also changes element of your psychic wave according to the summon you called out. I believe each Summon has to be at lv 2 for the elemental change to P. Wave. since iRO Wiki is down at the moment I can't check...

In most cases where monsters take no extra elemental damage whatsoever during TIs I try to use Ventus for the reduced cast time. Otherwise if there's elemental advantages I may swap between Aqua/Agni/Ventus, I don't bother with Terra because honestly even the passive is a bit of a joke...

Edited by Senkasa, 21 May 2012 - 03:36 PM.

#4 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:28 PM

The first 3 summons are all useful at level 2 defensive and passive mode. If you don't want to devote a lot of skill points to
getting them just get level 2 spirit control and like a level 2 ventus to try out.

#5 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:34 PM

Summon Agni/Aqua/Ventus/Tera

Fixed Cast Time: 2 seconds
Variable Cast Time: (1 * Skill Level) seconds
Skill re-use Delay: 60 seconds
Duration: (300 + 300 * Skill Level) seconds

Fire Elemental Agni will receive the following STAT bonus.
ATK + (Summon Agni Skill Level x 20) / HIT + (Summon Agni Skill Level x 10)
Agni (Fire Elemental) Level 1 ~ 3, Caster’s Bonus ATK = (Summon Agni Skill Level x 60) ATK
Level 2 Passive:
  • Increases the damage done by Fire Walk by (Caster’s Job Level / 2) %.
  • Increases the HP recovery effect from Warmer skill from (Wamer Skill Level x 1)% to (Warmer Skill Level x 3)%.
  • Changes Psychic Wave element to Fire, and increases the SP Cost of Psychic Wave by 1.5 times.
-Main Points
  • Warmer Heals 15% instead of 5% to only the Caster.
  • Psychic Wave is Fire Property.
Water Elemental Aqua will receive the following STAT bonus.
MDEF + (Summon Aqua Skill Level x 10) / MATK + (Summon Aqua Skill Level x 20)
Aqua (Water Elemental) Level 1 ~ 3, Caster’s Bonus MATK = (Summon Aqua Skill Level x 40) MATK
Level 2 Passive:
  • Crystallization chance from Diamond Dust is increased by (Caster’s Job Level / 5)%.
  • Increases the damage done by Diamond Dust by (Caster’s Job Level x 5)%.
  • Changes Psychic Wave element to Water, and increases Psychic Wave SP cost by 1.5 times
-Main Points
  • Increase Crystallization chance & Diamond Dust damage.
  • Psychic Wave is Water Property.
Wind Elemental Ventus will receive the following STAT bonus.
FLEE + (Summon Ventus Skill Level x 20) / MATK + (Summon Ventus Skill Level x 10)
Ventus (Wind Elemental) Level 1 ~ 3, Caster’s Bonus Stat: 5 ASPD increase and 1 second Fixed Cast time reduction
Level 2 Passive:
  • Increases the damage done by Electric Walk by (Caster’s Job Level / 2)%.
  • Increases the damage done by Varetyr Spear by (Caster’s Job Level x 5)%
  • Changes Psychic Wave element to Wind, and increases the SP Cost of Psychic Wave by 1.5 times
-Main Points
  • ASPD +5 Flat
  • Reduce All Fixed Cast time by 1 second.
  • Psychic Wave is Wind Property.
Earth Elemental Tera will receive the following STAT bonus.
DEF + (Summon Tera Skill Level x 25) / ATK + (Summon Tera Skill Level x 5)
Tera (Earth Elemental) Level 1 ~ 3, Caster’s Max HP bonus: (Summon Tera Skill Level x 5)%
Level 2 Passive:
● Increases the damage done by Cloud Kill by (Caster’s Job Level)%
● Increases the damage done by Poison Burst by (Caster’s Job Level x 5)%
● Increases the damage done by Earth Grave by (Caster’s Job Level x 5)%
  • Changes Psychic Wave element to Earth, and increases the SP cost of Psychic Wave by 1.5 times.
-Main Points
  • Increases the damage of Earth Grave, Poison Burst, & Cloud Kill.
  • Psychic Wave is Earth Property.

Edited by Riakuta, 21 May 2012 - 03:35 PM.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 May 2012 - 03:53 PM

I didn't get Tera because Earth Grave is a strong spell already. I've used it in Rachel TI and did like over 50k damage to a Beholder. :D

#7 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:38 PM

So,, let me get this right. I pretty much wont need level 3 of the summons, rather. Level 2 is what I want for elemental pwave, and if I am looking for better cast time but not caring about elemtal pwave I want level 1 ventus. Aqua level 2 sounds good for nogg leveling while ventus sounds good to reduce cast time. :s and I will need level 2 spirit control (to either change pwave damage or my taken damage?) and for the sake of summons not dying right away, max out sympathy?

@_@ /ragequit lol.

I have deleated so many mage class I have made, this is first time I actually MADE it to 3rd class. C: Thanks for helping.. I'll get it figured out with your guyses help!

#8 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 21 May 2012 - 05:55 PM

Hmm while I am at it, I was wondering if the equiptment I am using is what most sorcerer's would concider good. D:

Posted Image

I see sorcerers at my level doing much more damage then myself. I do 15k DD on Nogg, but one I saw wearing Witches Pumpkin Hat (howwwwww!?) was doing 16k DD with the same int I have..Making me feel like my gears can be better. D:

I have 108 dex and 75 dex/vit

#9 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:02 PM

Aqua level 3 is good for more magic attack, so you should consider maxing her. I see people get Ventus level 3 too because they just want the cast time reduction instead of turning Pwave to wind elemental.

#10 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 21 May 2012 - 06:50 PM

Ventus level 3 defensive skill is actually pretty nice.
It works like blinding mist and can totally save your ass in a tight spot.

Consider Agni lvl 2 for your long term ambitions. It rapes the-_- out of scarabs as well and is super lulz in pvp with fiberlock.

#11 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:36 PM

Hmm while I am at it, I was wondering if the equiptment I am using is what most sorcerer's would concider good. D:

Posted Image

I see sorcerers at my level doing much more damage then myself. I do 15k DD on Nogg, but one I saw wearing Witches Pumpkin Hat (howwwwww!?) was doing 16k DD with the same int I have..Making me feel like my gears can be better. D:

I have 108 dex and 75 dex/vit

So... What's your INT then?

#12 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 21 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

So... What's your INT then?

heh, I meant 108 int xP

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:32 PM

The trick is: Don't get elementals level 3 unless you want the insignia. Level 2 may be enough at 90% of the times. (unless on my statements below the screen)

And the advantage of Tera: PRICE. Nobody cares about earth, so it's way easier to afford the supplies (Last time I bought a Great Nature it was 3.9k each. Rough Winds on Valk were 45k each on the last shop I saw).

[Haha, all my sorc friends hate me for maining Tera by the way :heh:]

By the way, Tera 2 - Defense mode: (For whoever did not understood, the Tera is the one taking the damage. HELL WHY WHITE NUMBERS ON SUMMON DAMAGE D: )

Posted Image

And 15% Max HP from Tera 3 passive (35% if you shuffle T3P with T3D) may be pretty neat on a precast. To remember, In tera 3 defense mode, you can't move to receive the buffs. And Ventus 3 defense is your own version of Pneuma. Suras on screen, if you are on Ventus 3, change to defense mode, then dispell him (To make the sura unable to gfist you. He will only be able to GoH, but you are protected by Ventus)

Will have to review the Ventus 3-defense usefulness (As stated above, Rough Winds are too expensive D:), but yeah.

Edited by asayuu, 21 May 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#14 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:47 PM

hmm, ores to summon aren't an issue with me really, I enjoy farming things. Im weird I know c:

I have like 200 of the catalist for aqua 3. Mystic frozen i think its called o Ao, and huuuuuuuundreds of flame hearts. lol, ontop of that, I have about 300 wind of verdenturerw XD I just collect them when I see them and save em. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users