Equipment + Stats for AFK leveling? - Homunculus Headquarters - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Equipment + Stats for AFK leveling?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2012 - 02:56 AM

Hello, i tried to AFK with my homun but i always get killed. I can read on iROwiki that the build doesnt needs AGI (just INT,DEX and VIT) because i use the fireblend for autoattacking and the ice clips. (the damage is not much but the wiki says it is the best equipment for AFKing with the homunc.

Is there a way i dont get attacked that much? (homun killing faster, being stronger, or just having a lot of flee?)
What equipment can you recommend?

I want to AFK and not having to heal myself and the homun every 3 minutes.

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

AFKing with autocast gear is only a good idea if you can take the damage.

If you can't, you should go with stuff like Loli Ruri (to get some autocast heals), and your best flee/defense gear. Fortune swords, flash clips, etc. I use dual flash, Asprika, and fortune sword, plus a zodiac hat that gives flee. I still die on one of my chars, and I've been trying to figure out why for like 2 weeks (that's why next 1.50 dev version has been delayed so much, I'm pretty sure there's a freeze bug in it, but I've never been able to catch it in the act.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 May 2012 - 11:57 AM.

#3 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 22 May 2012 - 01:10 PM

Either reduction/perfect dodge gear for survival.
(Raydric, Thara Frog, Beret/Poo Hat) [Neutral/Demi-Human for Orc Archers]
(Fortune Sword, Yoyo Acc.) [PD]

Then you can put on some status armor, and/or auto heal items to increase your survival.
(Loli Ruri Armor [Autoheal 3], Valkyrie Hairband [Autoheal 1], RoR [Autoheal 5], Easter Egg Shell (1% HP per 10 seconds)
(Stun/Sleep armors.[Can't recall cards, and there are 3 of each type])

That's pretty much it for something like OD2. (Or even something like TI Surface)
Of course, if you go to another area, wear the appropriate reduction gear. And if the area requires it, wear specific armor for those places. (Bio2 Aco Card for Amatsu2; Fire Armor for Ein...5? The one with the teddy bears)

Extra: If your Biochem/Genetic is strong enough, wear a good weapon, and use the RoR. The auto-Venom Splashers can help clear mobs.
Extra: If you have 2000+ SP, you can wear a +9 Easter Egg Shell, with a Shinobi accessory. And cloak infinitely by a wall. Just be prepared for people to steal your spot because they think "nobody is there". (Even though its obvious your Homunc is destroying everything in the area...)

========

Oh, and it depends on the area you are AFKing at, and the homunculus + level...

Like at OD2, a 70+ Vani should be able to barely do fine. 80+ it is easily AFKable.
But I've had a 90+ Filir, that is still barely doing fine. Big mobs every now and then will kill it. (When I evolved it, it had SP to Moonlight everything, and all became fine)
I think Amistr should be able to go down early like Vani (70~). It's defense should let it live long against most.
I'm unsure when my Lif was doing good... but it was soloing much quicker then my Filir (75~80?) [Although, it was already Evolved at 40~ because of the loyalty event... so extra hp/sp/def/flee/hit/etc.]

Edited by Realus, 22 May 2012 - 01:14 PM.

#4 kiefer

kiefer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 805 posts
  • LocationNext Door

Posted 22 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

If you ask me flame skull card is very useful if you only want the homun to kill the mobs.

#5 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:36 PM

First of all, thanks for the tips, ill be buying some of that stuff soon. Still a lot of questions to answer ;)

1) Do you think fortune sword + 2 flash clips (yoyo card) are better than fireblend + 2 clips of hail (gazeti card)? (having high int)
2) What is better, 2 gazeti clips or gazeti + siroma? (20% chance vs 10% with 25% more damage)
3) What about the exp? Does the homun get more exp if only he kills the monster? (in this case autocast spells is not good)
4) Does the charcater gets more exp if he participates in the fight using spells?
5) What about the stats? Do you think 99 AGI is preferable over 99 INT? (how much flee does 99 AGI add?)
6) Do you think thara frog is better than flame skull card in this case? (if leveling at orcs, 30% less damage Vs 25% stone/stun chance)
7) When using a mercenary and he participates in the fight, does the homun gets the same exp or less? Does the mercenary kills give the exp only to me or also to the homun?
8) What is the better balance for leveling my char, to just use the homun, or to combine it with my mercenary?
9) What is the better balance for leveling my homun, to just use the homun, or to combine it with my mercenary?
10) What do you think is better, valkyrian manteau (+5% to +25% damage) or raydric (-20% damage)? (so it is better to kill faster or to last longer?)
11) What is RoR [Autoheal 5]???

#6 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 02:55 PM

First of all, thanks for the tips, ill be buying some of that stuff soon. Still a lot of questions to answer ;)

1) Do you think fortune sword + 2 flash clips (yoyo card) are better than fireblend + 2 clips of hail (gazeti card)? (having high int)
2) What is better, 2 gazeti clips or gazeti + siroma? (20% chance vs 10% with 25% more damage)
3) What about the exp? Does the homun get more exp if only he kills the monster? (in this case autocast spells is not good)
4) Does the charcater gets more exp if he participates in the fight using spells?
5) What about the stats? Do you think 99 AGI is preferable over 99 INT? (how much flee does 99 AGI add?)
6) Do you think thara frog is better than flame skull card in this case? (if leveling at orcs, 30% less damage Vs 25% stone/stun chance)
7) When using a mercenary and he participates in the fight, does the homun gets the same exp or less? Does the mercenary kills give the exp only to me or also to the homun?
8) What is the better balance for leveling my char, to just use the homun, or to combine it with my mercenary?
9) What is the better balance for leveling my homun, to just use the homun, or to combine it with my mercenary?
10) What do you think is better, valkyrian manteau (+5% to +25% damage) or raydric (-20% damage)? (so it is better to kill faster or to last longer?)

1/2) For what reason are you using autocast equipment? You say you "always get killed," so why are you saying you don't want survival gear on?
We suggested this so you can live longer, not so you can try to alter your experience gain.

What's the point of gaining an extra 5% job (Note: This number is made up) an hour when you die 5x more (Note: Also made up) an hour?

3) Yes, Homunc needs to kill to get the most experience.

4) Character... may get some extra experience for exp tapping... I'm not sure if homunculus really applies for that though.
You will get some job exp for dealing damage however. But you will be robbing your Homunc of EXP this way.

5) Stats shouldn't matter. You don't really want an "AFK build", as it's useless. By the time your a 99/1 Genetic, you can have 1/1/1/1/1/1 stats, and live fine.

6) IDK, they're both good. I've tried both and my alchemists have been fine. (I ran out of cranials, so I had to use my flame skull)
Honestly, I think Flameskull is more effective if your having trouble with the Drainlier/Orc Skeleton. But Thara is better for Orc Archers. (Since they hit harder, and aren't as common so they won't get statused all too often)

7) Mercs are pretty much treated as if you killed the monster. So see questions 3 & 4

8) Technically, Merc + Homunc is better.
But I'd rather level by killing high level monsters, in mobs. Leeching off Homunc+Merc is really slow...

9) Only use Homunc, no autocast gear.

10) Same question as 1/2, so see that answer.

11) Ring of Resonance (Oops, it actually does heal 10. That's even better)

Edited by Realus, 23 May 2012 - 03:03 PM.

#7 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 May 2012 - 12:31 PM

1) 2x Flash, unless you never die and can afford to be more fragile. I do not recommend using autocast gear on afkemists, it doesn't help noticably and it comes at a high cost in terms of survivability.
2) Gaz + Siroma, of course, since multiple Gaz cards don't stack, because they both do cold bolt on attack.
3) Homun only gets exp for damage they inflict
4) No, if they hit the player, they've been exp tapped. Of course, players get job exp for damage they inflict, while damage done by homun doesn't give job exp.
5) For pure afking, you go agi/vit, optionally with some int for loli card heal. 1 agi adds 1 flee, 99 agi adds 99 flee. What are you getting int for? Is this a biochem w/free reset used, so you need to get stats for acid bomb, and genetic leveling? Or is this an alchemist that you're just afking with? If you're just afking with it, and you have a reset before you need to do anything else with the character, int isn't very useful. If you're not planning on resetting before genetic, or plan to do hand leveling on the char, build appropriately for that purpose, and don't build with AFKing in mind.
6) Debatable. Bear in mind that orc skeletons are not demihuman.
7) Homun only gets exp for damage they inflict.
8) Homun + merc - but the merc contributes comparatively little.
9) Homun only.
10) Valk mant does not give +5-25% damage, it adds damage reflect, and the damage that is inflicted by reflect is not relevant. The point of reflect gear is to make monsters attacking you "stick" to you, which is exactly what you don't want. Also, valk mant is slotted, so you can put raydric into it, but you're better off with different gear.
11) Ring of Resonance, more autocast crap. Possibly worth using because of it's array of defensive abilities though... certainly the only autocast accessory you can consider. Like all autocast effects, having more than one doesn't stack.

Edited by DrAzzy, 25 May 2012 - 12:33 PM.

#8 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 May 2012 - 02:17 AM

Lots of thanks, i keep getting better on this, now im about buying stuff for having perfect dodge or flee and last longer, but i still need some recomendations on this.

What may be better?

- Morrigane Set (+21dodge +13luck) = TOTAL: +22dodge
- Mocking Mufler (+20 flee) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +25flee +13dodge
- Falcon Muffler (+15flee +5dodge) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +30flee +8dodge
- Morrigane (+8dodge) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +5flee +21dodge
- Immune Muffler (-20% to neutral) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +5flee +13dodge -20% neutral

#9 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:00 AM

Aside from the gear, you can also configure Azzy AI to make it pick up & kill any monster attacking your character to increase survivability. But then that depends on how fast your homun can tank/kill.

#10 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 May 2012 - 07:19 AM

I know that... i always use AzzyAI with my homun. I just need good equips.

#11 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 10:11 AM

Ha, quiet the opposite situation when I leveled my homunc :P. Had similar gear setup as mentioned in the previous posts. Though, kept dieing a lot. Found out was due to a bad configured AI.

Nothing much to add but I used:
- Cranial shield / Resistant shield.
- Immune garment => switched to punk carded garment at higher levels.
- Loli Ruri carded armor.
- Fortune sword.
- Status inflicting headgear (e.g. snowman hat [1], neko mimi kafra [1]).
- Yoyo carded accessories.

#12 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:33 PM

My question is mainly because i dont know if AGI is better or Perfect Dodge. I think PD is better because at Orc Dungeon you can be mobbed by 10+ monsters, and i can read in the wiki that when you are mobbed by 10+ monsters the FLEE doesnt matters, it goes directly to 0%, is that true?
In that case it doesnt matters if my AGI is 0 or 99, it would be the same, but for dodging some single enemies when you are not mobbed it will be nice.

So i dont know if i should get AGI gear or PD gear, or just reducing my damage. And i can not test it because im not rich U.U

#13 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 05:34 AM

I'd personally go with PD/reduction gear and a touch of vit over flee, since flee drops if over mobbed making it useless at crowded maps.

#14 hartsa

hartsa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts
  • LocationFinland
  • Server:iRO Ymir

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:24 AM

Here's a few more I haven't seen on this topic yet:
- Vital tree shoes
- Anti arrow accessory (Errende Ebecee card)
- Mandragora cap
- Muscipular carded shield (heals+agi)
- Ifrit mask
- Geographer carded armor (Blessing)

Flame skull carded shield and Punk carded garment are my favorites.

Most of my AFK level builds have a lot of VIT, some of them have 20-40 AGI.

And added to those I think it's more about the AI of your homu than it is about the gear or stats of your alchemist how you survive in places like OD2. If your homu gets stuck or if someone purposely mob trains you with MVPs or monsters you will most likely die regardless of your gear or stats if you are AFK.

Edited by hartsa, 28 May 2012 - 06:28 AM.

#15 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 28 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

Lots of thanks, i keep getting better on this, now im about buying stuff for having perfect dodge or flee and last longer, but i still need some recomendations on this.

What may be better?

- Morrigane Set (+21dodge +13luck) = TOTAL: +22dodge
- Mocking Mufler (+20 flee) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +25flee +13dodge
- Falcon Muffler (+15flee +5dodge) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +30flee +8dodge
- Morrigane (+8dodge) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +5flee +21dodge
- Immune Muffler (-20% to neutral) with 2 Yoyo Clips (+10dodge) and Catfoot Hairpin (+5flee +3dodge) = TOTAL: +5flee +13dodge -20% neutral

My question is mainly because i dont know if AGI is better or Perfect Dodge. I think PD is better because at Orc Dungeon you can be mobbed by 10+ monsters, and i can read in the wiki that when you are mobbed by 10+ monsters the FLEE doesnt matters, it goes directly to 0%, is that true?
In that case it doesnt matters if my AGI is 0 or 99, it would be the same, but for dodging some single enemies when you are not mobbed it will be nice.

So i dont know if i should get AGI gear or PD gear, or just reducing my damage. And i can not test it because im not rich U.U

Reduction Gear > PD Gear.
You cannot PD the higher damage hits, which are skills. (Critical Attack, or Double Strafing come to mind)
Not to mention PD is a chance of working, so if your unlucky enough, you can still get hit 100% of the time with 99 Perfect Dodge. (Unlikely, but possible)
Reduction gear gives you a specific life expectancy if your getting hit. So this should be preferred.

Of course, if you have extra equipment slots still open, feel free to use PD gear in those. (Such as a Fortune Sword as a weapon, if you are not using Ring of Resonance as an accessory)

Flee gear should not even really be considered.

Here's a few more I haven't seen on this topic yet:
- Vital tree shoes
- Anti arrow accessory (Errende Ebecee card)
- Mandragora cap
- Muscipular carded shield (heals+agi)
- Ifrit mask
- Geographer carded armor (Blessing)

Flame skull carded shield and Punk carded garment are my favorites.

Most of my AFK level builds have a lot of VIT, some of them have 20-40 AGI.

And added to those I think it's more about the AI of your homu than it is about the gear or stats of your alchemist how you survive in places like OD2. If your homu gets stuck or if someone purposely mob trains you with MVPs or monsters you will most likely die regardless of your gear or stats if you are AFK.

I disagree with Ifrit mask, as it got my friend killed a bunch of times by dragging zenorcs onto her level 85 alchemist. She couldn't handle the extra monsters on her.
And I'm wondering what's the point in autocasting blessing (Geographer) instead of Heal (Loli Ruri) or using a status armor (Stun/Sleep). Is this only to boost RoR's heal? Or is it for using Ifrit mask offensively? >_>;

Otherwise, I agree with the rest.

---

And yes, vit will most likely be in any build. So 60~100 total wouldn't hurt I think. [Depending on how vit heavy you think you'll go]
Put points into Vit, and it'll help your survival in the long run. (That is, if your running around with 1 base vit. Going to 50~ will help out)

I also want to second both points of:
- Homunc Level, and AI matters.
- BBs will kill you, regardless of gear.

Just as an FYI with gears, my 99/1 Genetic with a 99 Sera was doing fine with Eden gears (So I can keep my real gear on my main account). And that's all I wore with her. (60~ vit IIRC as well) [And Bloody Axe... but that was just for homunc movement speed]

So the only time you should struggle to stay alive is with a low level alchemist (maybe biochemist); and/or with a homunculus who can't kill fast.

==================================================

You don't really need to put too much effort into gearing for AFKing....
But if you really need help; I'd say:

Easter Egg Shell Hat (1% HP recovery every 10 seconds)
[Whatever Mid Headgear]
[Whatever Low Headgear]
Loli Ruri Carded Armor (Lv3 Heal when attacked) [Note: High DEF would be good here]
Fortune Sword (20 PD) [Note: If you use RoR, then use something you can 1shot orc skeletons with Venomsplasher. And possibly 1shot orc archers also.]
Thara Frog Carded Shield (-30% from Orc Archers) [Note: If you have the funds, you can also do Ogretooth Shield, for -25% on Archer/Skeletons. Or Hodremlin for -15% From all] [Note2: High DEF would be good here]
Raydric Carded Garment (-20% Neutral damage) [Note: High DEF, or a helpful effect (Such as Nyd Garb giving -7% from all elements) would be good here]
Vital Tree Shoes (HP Regen up, +30 HP every 10 seconds, +10% Max HP) [Note: Alternatively you can use Variants for a higher HP pool]
2x Yoyo / 1x Errende Ebecee / 1x Shinobi Carded Accessories, or Ring of Resonance. (5x2 PD / Auto-Pneuma for Orc Archers / Cloaking to get monsters off you, so they switch to your homunc) (or Chance at auto heal10, auto assumptio5, and auto Venomsplasher)

The point is reduction (Shield/Muffler), PD (Weapon/Yoyo-Accessory), and restoring HP automatically (Headgear/Shoes/Armor/RoR-Accessory).
With the slight defensive autocast as a backup plan (Errende Ebecee or Shinobi Accesory)
Notice, how all of that is defensive.

The only time it goes offensive, is if you choose to use a better weapon (So no PD with fortune sword) with the RoR's auto-venom splasher.
However this is also being used defensively, as it's meant to kill mobs that are on you. The point isn't to get exp from these mobs, but to make sure they are no longer attacking you.

That's probably a good start if you really need afk gears.
Some optimizing can still be done to it, and some things can be switched off for something else based on preference...
But it your Homunc isn't terrible (Level 60, Unevolved Filir [No SP pool, nor Def]), and you aren't a 1/1/1/1/1/1, level 60 Alchemist.... I think you should be fine with something like that.

#16 KodeX

KodeX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationEU Ban
  • Server:Ex iRO Chaos

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:37 AM

I am using an Antonio Card Armor (Teleport lvl1 by 50% if get hit). If a monster hits you, you teleport away. With that armor I have never died within many many many hours/months/years in OD2.

Disadvantage:
- You cannot chose your spot where you want to AFk because you will randomly teleport an the map anyways. EXP is slower but since you wont die you dont lose exp and you can lvl all your afk time (you wont be dead on the ground for hours and might get res-killed).
- Sometimes ppl PM you and insult you beeing a Bot because you teleport (I am trying to solve this with showing my gear to public).

BTW this Armor is also GREAT if you leech someone on the map. Let the leech wear it and he will never die.

#17 olbaid

olbaid

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:19 AM

My setup was
Easter Egg Shell
Pest Armor for stone curse
Fortune Sword
Ring of Resonance for assumptio/heal
Correct Race shield or Horn Shield

Edited by olbaid, 29 May 2012 - 04:19 AM.

#18 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 June 2012 - 07:34 AM

I know i opened this some time ago but i have one last question ti finish my equipment, what do you think its better, 2 yoyo clips or 1 yoyo clip + 1 shinobi?
I have the loli ruri armor, so maybe i will need the sp for it, or it is better shinobi clip with the loli ruri armor? Or just shinobi clip with an high def armor?

Thanks

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 June 2012 - 08:25 AM

Autocasts don't eat SP.

2x yoyo accessories is the way to go.

And shinobi sash is ninja and thief classes only, and it only gives the sp consumption bonus in combo with ninja suit....

#20 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:58 AM

Autocasts don't eat SP.

2x yoyo accessories is the way to go.

And shinobi sash is ninja and thief classes only, and it only gives the sp consumption bonus in combo with ninja suit....

He's asking about a Shinobi Carded Accessory.

As for if you should use it... keep in mind some things;
- If monsters hit fast enough (Venatu speed at least), or there are many monsters who are all hitting you.... then they will hit you while you are doing the cloak animation. Kicking you out of cloak before it even starts.
- You need to be by a wall. This means you cannot stand in the center of a path, so your homunc's field of view is less. Meaning, less coverage, and possibly less exp.
- When you are cloaked, people seem to not understand that a lone homunculus killing, is still a homunculus killing. So they'll park next to you (or as they see it, an "open space"), so you will be competing with another homunc at times because of this accessory.

The plus side is that if you have something on you, you can auto-cloak, and let the monsters switch to your homunc instead.
Also in some instances where my homunc got glitched up at the edge of the screen (Back when this was a huge issue with the AI), I'd be able to cloak safely with this, and come back to notice my homunc glitched. So I'd move toward it, and start issuing manual commands. This lead to less deaths.

And of course, with a +9 Easter Egg Shell and at least 2000 Max SP, you can be permacloaked. This is nice if your Homunc dies for any reason, and you are AFKing the night. That way you can wake up to a full HP, Cloaking character.

By how it sounds, lots of the negatives and positives of using a Shinobi Card is similar to using the Armor card; Antonio. (Auto Tele on hit)

--------

As Shinobi card has both ups and downs... it may not be appealing to you.
A safer bet is just going with the Yoyo card for the perfect dodge.

But if your server has the Shinobi card for cheap (I think I bought 2 for alt alchs at the price of 700k each?), why not pick one up and give it a shot? You may like it. If you don't however, just switch back to the Yoyo card.

=========

Btw, why Loli Ruri OR a High Def armor?

If it's pre-carded, I understand. If not, you can card it in something with high defense.
And as Azzy said, but I'm just going to clarify; you don't need SP for Auto-Heal from Loli Ruri Card.

#21 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

Oh, the shinobi CARD /dum

Totally forgot about that.

#22 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

Hehe thanks guys. I guess with the shinobi card you dont even need the loli ruri armor or any perfect dodge gears, not even the yoyo clip, because you trust in the shinobi effect and you will never die.
I think it is a much safer and cheaper way of AFK leveling with the homun rather than trusting in your perfect dodge right?
PDodge seems more like something for tankers.

What kind of gears like the Easter Egg Shell Hat that recovers SP fast can i find out there?
Maybe Variant Shoes is better? Or Arc Angeling card?

Edited by Bahamut2, 07 June 2012 - 01:29 PM.

#23 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Hehe thanks guys. I guess with the shinobi card you dont even need the loli ruri armor or any perfect dodge gears, not even the yoyo clip, because you trust in the shinobi effect and you will never die.
I think it is a much safer and cheaper way of AFK leveling with the homun rather than trusting in your perfect dodge right?
PDodge seems more like something for tankers.

What kind of gears like the Easter Egg Shell Hat that recovers SP fast can i find out there?
Maybe Variant Shoes is better? Or Arc Angeling card?

Shinobi Card activates at 10% chance or something I think....
And note that it is by chance. Meaning you could still take 30 hits, and not activate it once.

I never said you don't die with shinobi clip.
I said that when my homunc was bugged out, I'd still have enough time to come back and notice so I could fix the situation.
Or with perma-cloak, I'd be able to AFK the entire night long without worrying about being revealed. Even if my homunc died during the night.

There is still the possibility that you are simply too weak, and an orc archer hits you for strong numbers before it activates.
(Say you have 4k HP as a non-trans alchemist... and if the Orc Archer does 300 damage per shot; after just 14 hits, you'll die. If the thing never activates for all 14 hits, it won't save you) [Note: numbers are made up on the spot]

There's also the chance that someone drags 20 orc skeletons on you, and they keep hitting you so you can't get cloak off.

In the above situations, 5% Perfect Dodge will probably give you more time to live while your Homunc kills the targets.

---

Easter Egg Shell needs to be +9 to restore 1% of your Max SP every 10 seconds.
the Bio2 Female Swordie Boss (Egnigem Cenia... however you spell it) gives something like +10 SP every 10 seconds.

Other then that, you have nothing else that can regen during cloak.

Speaking of; that's another negative about the Shinobi Clip. You don't regen your HP while cloaking either.
So if your hit to half life, and you cloak. When you uncloak, your still at half life.
Granted, I use Easter Egg Shell with Shinobi card (even +0 regens like 1% hp every 10 seconds), so this isn't a problem for me. But it's just a heads up.

---

Notice how on many of our replys, we list alot of armor you can use?
If Shinobi clip fullproof, and allowed you to live just by using that, and that alone... don't you think we would have saved ourselves the trouble of thinking of gear if we could have just listed that single piece of equipment?

This was just -one- piece of equipment I suggested, out of the many others. I'm pretty sure I gave reasons on why I suggested everything that I did.
Not everyone agrees on what the "Best" is for "AFK Gears", everyone has their own ideas.
This is why I suggested so many alternatives. That way you can pick and choose what sounds good, and do that for your alchemist.
Just think about what is getting your alchemist killed, and equip things to prevent it.

Examples:
Spoiler

Find your flaws, and use a suggested piece of armor to correct it.
We don't know what your specific level,stats, gear, build, homunc (and level), AI, AI Setup, and specific problems you have.
We can't be the ones to specifically determine the optimal gear.
Only you can decide on that.

#24 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:20 PM

Wow that was like a "final sentence" lol. im sorry if it sounded like i wanted you to solve my life, it was not that lol
Im just trying stuff to make a decent AFK equipment for my homun (maybe just for fun because i also like playing a lot).
And while i have examns i think its a good idea. I just didnt remember about the shinobi clip being a 10% chance (i thought it was 100%). Now everything is more balanced because i will need defence no mather what.

Anyways i still have some questions as i dont have money to buy RoR, Hodremlin and Flame Skull Shield (expensive stuff) i just went for more cheap gears (but still effective). Still having problems finding some gears like easter egg (i dont have th money to make it +9).
So i have made these decisions, i hope you can calculate them better for me as i tried to do some maths but i think im not very good (or maybe too lazy?)

So, keeping in mind you are transcended and you can equip extra stuff, i concluded there are 2 ways to AFK with your homun (and maybe without homun too): Build 2 is for lazy people 100% AFKable, Build1 is more for damage reduction gears and 90% AFKabel (dependes on your stats and gears)

Build 1: Protection Build (PDodge + Damage Reduction)

SHOES:
Eggyra Boots = 16DEF+15%SPregen
Vital Tree Shoes = 16DEF+10%HP+5%HPregen+5% more recovery for loliruri+3HP/sec
+9 Firelock Soldier Boots = 16DEF+ugrading_extradef+10%HP+10%SP
Vidar's Boots Set (with odin blessing and vali's manteau) = 13DEF+9%HP+9%SP+10%HPregen+10%SPregen
(variants too expensive to put on this build, and about the Boss Egnigem Card noone ever sold it on valkyrie, and its only 1SP per sec wich is far from the easter egg effect, also its for boots, and variants maye better)

GARMENT:
Immune Muffler = -20% from neutral
Vali's Manteau (if vidar boots are selected -15% from neutral instead of -20%)

ARMOR:
Pest Armor = 6% chance of stone cursing enemies
Loli Ruri Armor = 5% chance of lvl3 heal
Armor = Assaulter Plate [1] (-2% from demihuman) vs Bone Plate [1] (1% chance of casting bleeding) vs I dont know if it would be better to use a earth armor or some undead protected armor, because of the archers. I heard you get less damage from demihumans by using a fire armor (i cant really find this on irowiki) but the archers make earth 1 attacks, taht means maybe a Claytos Cracking Earth Armor [1] (def 25) can be a better potion, it has less defense but earth property and you can card it.

WEAPON:
Fortune Sword will be the weapon = +20 Pdodge

SHIELD:
Cranial Bradium Shield [1] = -30% from demihuman
Horn Card Bradium Shield [1] = -35% from long ranged attacks
(hodremlin shield too expensive to put on this build)

ACCESORIES:
2 Yoyo Clips = +10Pdodge
2 Errende Ebecee Clips = 10% chance of pneuma (will it stack?)
1 Yoyo Clip + 1 Errende Ebecee Clip = +5 Pdodge and 5% chance of pneuma

HEADGEAR:
Mandragora Cap [1] (3% chance of casting Dazzler lvl5 = 50% of stuning enemies) = 1.5% chance of stun
Feather Beret = -10% from demihuman
Valkyrie Feather Band [1] = 1% chance of lvl1 heal
Catfoot Hairpin [1] = +5flee +3Pdodge
Easter Egg Shell (not upgraded, so its only 1%HP/10sec, having 7000HP) = about 7HP/sec

LOWER HEADGEAR:
Umbala = +1%HP
Donut in Mouth = 1HP/10 seconds

Build 2: Hiding Build (Shinobi Build Vs Teleport Build)

Type A - Shinobi:
Same as build one, just changing the accesories for:
1 Yoyo Clip + 1 Shinobi Clip = +5 Pdodge and 10% chance of hiding behind walls (100% protection while SP lasts = a lot o time of surivial)
1 Errende Ebecee Clip + 1 Shinobi Clip = 5% chance of pneuma and 10% chance of hiding behind walls (100% protection while SP lasts = a lot o time of surivial)
*Faster as Teleport Build because you are always in the same place and killing stuff
*Having good gears helps on not having high SP because when the shinobi effect is over, you still have the PDodge, autoheals, and all the other stuff, this way a +9 Easter Egg isn't that necesary

Type B - Coward:
Same as build one, just changing the armor for:
Antonio Armor = 50% chance of teleporting (will he teleport even if you Pdodge the attack succesfully?)
*No LoLi Ruri Card so no heal Lvl3 but will have the clips equiped so better chance of dodging attacks than the shinobi build
*The cost of teleport is 10SP but it will regen fast because you may teleport in a non-monster area, almost infinite SP
*Killing may be lower because you have to rely on your homun getting all the targettings and not you (this may be good for AFKing in a alchemist maps because you tele and research for new mobs)

For build 1, what is the best set i can have? (doing maths i can conclude that it may be better to use X shield instead of the other one because it may be better to have damage reduction instead of X% chance of something) same with headgears
For build 2, what do you think it is better? Shinobi or Coward Build? If Coward build, do you think it could be better to AFK in a different map than Orc Dungeon? (because you dont need the other homuns to fill the room as you will tele and search for more mobs automatically)

Does it worth to even bother on having more SP regen if i dont have the +9 Easter Egg Shell?
How many SP/sec can an Arc Ancheling Card recover? I tried doing some numbers, based on iROwiki i got this:
Natural SP Regen is +1 for every 100 SP and +1 for every 6 INT every 8 seconds. (That means, in my case having 60 INT and 700SP, i would have +17SP every 8 seconds = about +2,1SP/sec)

+9 Easter Egg Shell: 1% recovery every 10 seconds, me having 700SP will be about +7SP/sec
+10% SP regen from Vidar: based on my char, that would be +0,2SP/sec
+15% SP regenfrom Eggyra: based on my char, that would be +0,3SP/sec
+100% SP regen from AA card: based on my char, that would be +4,2SP/sec
It seems it doesn't worths, if AA card is about 120M and regens about 40% less. I guess i'd better buy the Easter Egg Shell if i had to select one, instead of AA card, at least for this class, for Arch Bishops the thing is way different.

Edited by Bahamut2, 07 June 2012 - 05:38 PM.

#25 Realus

Realus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:11 PM

@Equipment

I already had a sample gear set in this post... But if you want me to specifically pick from your list:

Headgear: Easter Egg Shell, or Feather Beret
Lower: Donut in Mouth
Armor: Loli Ruri
Weapon: Fortune Sword
Shield: Horn
Garment: Raydric
Shoes: Vital Tree Shoes
Accessory: 2x Yoyo or Yoyo+Errende Ebecee
(Yes, sadly you have to pick your own Headgear/Accessory. As they aren't as clear cut as the rest of the equipment)

@Shinobi Setup...
Same as above. They are both good, pick and choose yourself. It's not that cut and dry that I can say with 100% certainty.

@Shinobi or Antonio.
No clue, I never actually owned an Antonio card.
[Btw, Shinobi Clip is called "Cowards Clip". So it could be confusing to say antonio = coward]

@Antonio in an empty map
Not a good idea. Eventually you'll land into an area with few monsters around. (Or you simply clear out all the monsters.
When there aren't many monsters close-by, it'll make you get hit less, meaning less teleports.
Less teleporting = you don't run into more monsters = slower exp.

@SP Regen
Why? As Azzy said earlier; you DO NOT use ANY SP from autocast skills.
The only reason it's needed for Cloak, is because cloak drains your SP as part of its effect, not as a casting cost.
(It costs 10 SP to cast normally, but this is voided as an autocast. Its effect takes 2 SP / Second, this is the effect, not an autocast, so this still effects you)

Heal, Teleport, Cloak (Only the Casting Cost), Venom Splasher, Dazzler, etc. etc. etc.
All skills AUTOCASTED take NO SP to CAST the skill.

Again, Cloak is unique because the EFFECT of it drains your SP to upkeep it.

@SP Regen Continued
Easter Egg Shell and Boss Egnigem Cenia Card are the ONLY things a Alchemist can use (At least that I can recall) that restore SP During the cloaking status.
I only mentioned this for perma-cloaking. By that, I mean being able to regen more SP then it takes to upkeep. (It takes 2sp/second to upkeep)

For AFKing, NO OTHER SP regen abilities are necessary at all.
If you don't want to permacloak, you DON'T need Gear that allows you to regen while cloaking.

And yes, Cloak is useful even without perma-cloak. It still gets monsters off you. So even if it only lasts for 3 seconds, that's more then enough time for monsters to change to your homunculus.

@SP Regen, Finished this time
If you are going to invest in a +9 Easter Eggshell; only do it because you want to Perma Cloak. Either when AFKemisting, or Leeching somewhere. (Such as Cloaking in Juperos, while leeching with a Sorc/Royal Guard on another client)
If you want an actual useful headgear for regening SP, go for the Arc Angeling card. Or better yet, use a Rideword Hat. [Or better yet, AA RWH + AA BFG]

I have never used my +9 Easter Eggshell for actual leveling / item hunting / mvping / woeing / pvping. And I never intend to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users