#226 TruPain

TruPain

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 728 posts
  • LocationMEnTal iNstItUtiOn
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:40 AM

Another patch that decreases my fun for playing for the sake of PvP.
I don't care at all about class balancing or if Raider, Champs or whatever are OP. All I see is, that leveling and farming for me got harder again with the nerfing of cleric buffs. Especially after my chars already lost 10-20% of ATK after the last refinebonus calculation patch.
I wonder if there will be ever be an update again for people who prefer pvm.

Agreed... If updates like this continue... I will be clicking UnInstall... Seriously though... when can rose go back to being fun for the PvM player instead of all this crap catering to PvP??? Guys should pull their heads out of their rectum before the suffocate themselves... PvP is fine for those that want to do extra in the game... but you still have to PvM to level up your characters...

#227 Dusk1PS

Dusk1PS

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1355 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 23 May 2012 - 07:54 AM

My wand knight has become even more OP.

Be afraid...be very afraid.

Buff the Bourgs(Gun), Scouts, Crossbow Scouts/Knights, Mages please. They're patiently dying for it.

#228 Sathanas

Sathanas

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 745 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:04 AM

Can someone explain?

Dunno if anyones explained but, what i THINK hes talking about is a bug with non reliable skills and addtitonal damage...Basically additonal damage buff did NOT apply to skills that werent reliable, which is why mages and borgs suck so hard, thier best skills are not reliable, and the ones that are hit for crap damage because champs have batsh!t high def, and raiders have too much dodge to bother with since mages and borgs have crap accuracy...(haha, the class whos main stat is con has too low accuracy to deal with raiders)

I love how a lot of forumers are shocked and litterally complaining about the devs trying to make money !! This is ridiculously normal lol... it's a company, it's not made to entertain you but actually making money and make a lot of people live. It has a cost (a high cost you wouldn't probably imagine actually) ... and to run it, you need money .. so it's pretty obvious business is in updates they're making, and it's nothing but ..a normal thing.

stop whining, play the damn game ... free if you want, because they offered it (like I do ! thx to them) ... and you can also use your real cash if you have, this company isn't charity.

Spoken like a true idiot....We don't mind them making money, however we DO mind these failures of updates...What they seem to fail to realize is good updates = better im sales. As i said in another thread, I dont pay for fail. I havent spent a dime on this game in about 3 months, because all i see are stupid gimmics to get people to buy more item mall, while our cries at balance and content continue to be ignored, and if you were playing the same game i was, you would see this too. Obviously you are probably one of those types that see some crappily made im costume in the patch notes and go "OMG SWEET PATCH, CANT WAIT TO SEE!! :D" While all i see is another week or so of my rose updater being ignored...The only thing that keeps me playing,(and what seems to keep the majority of the other people playing) are the friends ive made in this game if it werent for that id have sold my crap and uninstalled loooooong ago.

Edited by Sathanas, 23 May 2012 - 08:10 AM.

#229 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:19 AM

Agreed... If updates like this continue... I will be clicking UnInstall... Seriously though... when can rose go back to being fun for the PvM player instead of all this crap catering to PvP??? Guys should pull their heads out of their rectum before the suffocate themselves... PvP is fine for those that want to do extra in the game... but you still have to PvM to level up your characters...

Champs were more overpowered in pvm than they were in pvp. The cleric buff changes, while I can't say I completely agree with were to reduce the gap between a full buffed and unbbuffed/self buff player. This applies to pvm also as they advantage you get from say partying with a cleric will be not as big as if you were soloing on self buffs.

As far as pvm goes we are supposed to be seeing the Ulverick Instance, and Oblivion Temple Raids redone and incorporated into the game arena within the next couple weeks.

#230 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:23 AM

really? all gm's use raider?

Personally, I'm not a raider.

Delete char bug isn't fix already ?

For me, it seems to be working fine. Let me know if that's not the case.

To everyone else, if you're still having problems with anything with the patch... Personally PM me and I will address them with you. I don't feel like filtering through the hate. If you plan to flame me, don't expect a message back.

We're working on the friend's list and we will keep you updated.

You can ask anyone who PM'ed me with an appropriate question, I always get back to them.

#231 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:26 AM

And the new Valor gear is all for PVM. Now if they just fix the drop rate and the things that actually drop from various monsters things will be better for farmers. But people got used to solo farming at the highest level maps and getting great return for their efforts (think champ soloing "bosses" in Orlo). That is not how the game should be. At your highest level you should need to party some and actually have a tougher time fighting mobs that are high level for you. Granted, right now with the crappy drops and drop rate there is not much reason to farm, but they are working on balancing out mobs and classes for PVM.

If farming is that easy people get bored with the game even faster. Think back to when we were highest level in game and had a tough time in prison trying to farm. Needed a good party to get to the back room and if one thing went wrong you all died. But it was worth it, the drops there were good. I would love to see that kind of thing come back to the game, challenges that encourage co-operation. It was fun and made you feel like you really accomplished something at the end of the day. Now farming is mind numbing for no return.

Edited by Bendersmom, 23 May 2012 - 08:28 AM.

#232 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:27 AM

For me, it seems to be working fine. Let me know if that's not the case.

To everyone else, if you're still having problems with anything with the patch... Personally PM me and I will address them with you. I don't feel like filtering through the hate. If you plan to flame me, don't expect a message back.

We're working on the friend's list and we will keep you updated.

You can ask anyone who PM'ed me with an appropriate question, I always get back to them.

personally you choose to filter out and ignore the feelings of the community and focus on doing things that don't matter to us. good job cm :)

#233 ZullyFace

ZullyFace

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 507 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

You are just a visitor I guess... btw you know what is raider?

#234 jerremy

jerremy

Knight Representative

• Members
  • 6045 posts
  • LocationYour closet.
  • Server:Currently unknown

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:50 AM

According to ShazamO's blog he's making a scout, so I suppose he does know about classes.

#235 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 23 May 2012 - 08:52 AM

You are just a visitor I guess... btw you know what is raider?

He's a Hawker going into a scout! He's a badass! :3

Instead of complaining on here what you see within the patch notes how about you log in, test it and give feedback appropriately, its never as bad as it looks and if it is i'll give you 1z!

#236 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:13 AM

The class balance has been working fine and effective nothing to outragous stop complaining children and play before crying wolf..

#237 Zjuu

Zjuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:draco / leo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:37 AM

Class & Skill Balances

Knight
  • Advanced Defense Training
  • Defense % has been increased.
  • Maximum is now 30%, increased from 20% (Good change, Knights can now actually go on the front line and fullfill the role of a tank).
Champion
  • Combat Resilience
  • Defense % has been reduced by half.
  • Maximum is now 5%, decreased from 10% (As it should be)
Cleric
  • Battle Charm & Advanced Battle Charm
  • Reduced Attack Speed % by 5%
  • Maximum is now 20%, reduced from 25%
  • Clobber Charm & Advanced Clobber Charm
  • Reduced Attack Power % by 5%
  • Evasive Charm & Advanced Evasive Charm
  • Reduced Dodge % by 5%
  • Maximum is now 15%, reduced from 20%
  • Critical Charm & Advanced Critical Charm
  • Reduced Critical % by 5%
  • Valkyrie Charm & Advanced Valkyrie Charm
  • Reduced Additional Damage % by 5%
  • Maximum is now 25%, reduced from 30%
(Reducing these buffs will actually bring all players closer in strenght wich is a good thing. And with all buffs nerfed all classes are nerfed. So basicly this means longer fights and more survivability). This might be a step closer where actuall selfbuffs will be usefull again wich an interesting feature and will add more depth to the game.

Once all classes gain their unique partybuff(wich i hope will come and be stronger than a cleric buff) Then players are maybe willing to take up different roles and classes to help as a team.
So maybe clerics wont be bitched around when ppl r missing single buffs but can actually focus on healing as main).
(It hasnt come that far yet but who knows in the future to come)

Raider
  • Combat Weapon Mastery
  • Both Weapon Attack Power Bonuses have been standardized.
  • Dual no longer has a 5% jump for the final mastered level. It has been moved to the Advanced Dual Weapon Mastery passive bonus.
  • Advanced Katar Mastery
  • Increased Attack Speed % by 5%
  • Maximum is now 30%, increased from 25% (not a big deal)
  • Advanced Dual Weapon Mastery
  • Increased Dual Attack Power % by 5%
  • Also adding in 5% Dual Attack Power, taken from Combat Weapon Mastery.
  • Maximum is now 20%, increased from 10% (10% extra would make this class a little more interessting to play)

#238 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:42 AM

Was something changed with the queuing system? It seems like wars aren't starting even though there are 30 people in queue, surely there are 2 clerics because this isn't the first time it's happened.

#239 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:49 AM

Champs are indeed OP, raiders just have a nice amount of dodge.
But giving them a little boost was unnecessary just give the weaker classes some boosts..
so it's all equal and it's harder to kill eachother wich will make wars much more enjoyable.

#240 Zjuu

Zjuu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 561 posts
  • Server:draco / leo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

I forgot to say the balancing thing is FAR from complete. not to mention the buggs in CD
But its a shot in right direction i guess :l

#241 MidnightSmurf

MidnightSmurf

Artisan Representative

• Members
  • 1424 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:08 AM

A Nasty Skill Balance.

+1

Not much left to say really, if they can't understand better then why even try.

Was something changed with the queuing system? It seems like wars aren't starting even though there are 30 people in queue, surely there are 2 clerics because this isn't the first time it's happened.

Something is messed up for sure. We were 3 clerics online in the clan, each joined individually. Now we repeated this a few times to check how we were added since a game refused to start. We had a game at 12 vs 9 then I enter and it shows 13-9. We made several attempts to start the game (while we had other clannies in que to check the numbers before we joined as well) before we gave up. Something seems to have been changed/gone wrong.

Edited by MidnightSmurf, 23 May 2012 - 11:12 AM.

#242 johniscu

johniscu

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts
  • Server:leonis

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:14 AM

good lookover JT i agree this patch was actually a good one to the people that can see what the game needs instead of being selfish players

#243 GlennFroggy

GlennFroggy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • LocationAvatar by: Bora

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:48 AM

thanks for this new patch. It is heading in the right direction.
Champ def nerfed: good, they where op and where king of pvm.
dual sword raider boosted: good, they need this. This class under power.
Katar raider: already a bit op, unnecessary buff but 5% is nothing at all. Is less than a p7 which would increase like 7%
scout, mage, bourg: Just need to boost these class a bit and everything is good.
cleric, battle cleric buff nerfed: Im fine with this coming from a player who played nothing else but cleric (Have a full int cleric as well a war support cleric). this nerf allow other player not to be too dependent on cleric buff. Having said that, cleric need a small boost in the offensive department for those that wish to pvm with a cleric or fight other with cleric (battle Cleric) instead of using cleric just solely for support role.

Edited by GlennFroggy, 23 May 2012 - 11:52 AM.

#244 PureCreativity

PureCreativity

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2164 posts
  • Location--

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:58 AM

I love how a lot of forumers are shocked and litterally complaining about the devs trying to make money !! This is ridiculously normal lol... it's a company, it's not made to entertain you but actually making money and make a lot of people live. It has a cost (a high cost you wouldn't probably imagine actually) ... and to run it, you need money .. so it's pretty obvious business is in updates they're making, and it's nothing but ..a normal thing.

stop whining, play the damn game ... free if you want, because they offered it (like I do ! thx to them) ... and you can also use your real cash if you have, this company isn't charity.

Without any ENTERTAIN/JOY no one would play this game =]

#245 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:06 PM

My raider loves GA now :>

#246 Howie

Howie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:13 PM

I've always wondered why Scouts are the only ones without an accessible AOE skill. don't you think it'd be a fairly simple concept if they pulled out more than one arrow to shoot at multiple targets? Just a thought. (IMPLEMENT!)

#247 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 23 May 2012 - 12:39 PM

btw ; does anyone have screen shots of the new crafting items? I'd like to see them, don't have a crafter nor find anyone selling them, thanks =)

Edit;Just the bunnydoll is fine, seen the other ones now =)

Edited by DigitalKitten, 23 May 2012 - 12:40 PM.

#248 leonardoe

leonardoe

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:04 PM

Class & Skill Balances

Knight

• Advanced Defense Training
  • Defense % has been increased.
  • Maximum is now 30%, increased from 20% (Good change, Knights can now actually go on the front line and fullfill the role of a tank).

the only problem was. this was no change the 10% they removed from the soldier branch they added to the knight tab so its the exact same as it was before the patch.

#249 JavedIqbal

JavedIqbal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 103 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:11 PM

I've always wondered why Scouts are the only ones without an accessible AOE skill. don't you think it'd be a fairly simple concept if they pulled out more than one arrow to shoot at multiple targets? Just a thought. (IMPLEMENT!)

Sounds like a certain amazon skill from Diablo 2 (strafe), wouldn't be a bad idea, considering scouts almost just have to leach their way to 220, pvm is all about aoe in Rose.

As for the update, i find it hard to believe so much hate has arisen from such a small update... The champion update was a good idea (high def, high off, high acc, etc. all together...), for a long time champions were the end-all, be-all of classes, and they're experimenting to get them back into line. The Cleric update seems a good idea to me, but I do kind of feel like buff pots are going to be a little be crazy if they don't decide to nerf them down in a similar manner. I like the idea of having class-specific self-buffs being useful a lot more though, rather than each class having a single buff that's useful and everything else being dwarfed by the cleric's. I don't think I need to repeat that the raider buff was unnecessary, but it's not that huge of an update to get everyone upset. The biggest issue seems to be what they haven't done more than what they have.

Personally I think that it would be helpful if the community would release patch notes along with their updates as many other games do. For example, I haven't played guild wars in a long time, but when I did, they would have developer notes on skill balances to give the community an idea behind why they were nerfing certain skills or buffing others. It lets people see that there's some reason behind it and makes it more clear to everyone involved what's going on.

For future updates, I would honestly like to see a reworking of the cleric class. This may seem strange, but the cleric class is pretty stale. I understand that each of the heals is either stronger, or does something different, but there's really only 2 types of heals, yet there's 6 skills: 4 single target heals and 2 party heals. Of course, there's also the health and mana flames, but for the most part it's really just using 2 types of skills, and spamming them forever until either you outheal your opponents damage, or they outdamage your spammable heals. I think it would be interesting to see more active protection skills with cooldowns. This would add another layer to pvp as well as making the cleric class more interesting, as it would add a level of skill to clerics besides spamming 1, 2 and 3 to max heals on your target (Yes, I'm perhaps over-simplifying it a little bit, but it really is pretty simplistic in comparison to many healing classes), instead requiring healers to manage cooldowns to be able to effectively prevent damage, allowing for effective target switching to reduce the effectiveness of those same protections on the offensive side, and generally making pvp more active.

I also think it would be good to simultaneously nerf the insane mana capabilities of clerics. The issue I see is that, while clerics can potentially run out of mana in the level 150 range, assuming they don't have mana flames, by the time they're 220, they've only gotten more mana while the same skills are actually cheaper (due to the improved gear). I honestly think that mana flames/bonfires/health flames shouldn't stack anyway (in large numbers they are just absurd) and perhaps mana flames could be changed to something different, such as clearing debuffs every few seconds (which would aid in pvp keeping clerics from being perma-stunned/sleeped/silenced). The way that the loss of mana efficiency would be balanced would be via the protective skills allowing effective damage prevention, reducing the need for as many heals.

Anyway, I don't know what most people think about those sorts of ideas, but I feel like it would make being a primary healer a lot more interesting if there was actually stuff that you had to think about, and the idea of actually being able to pressuring a group out (by making their healer actually run out of mana) I think is a good idea (although the capability of just healing mana with food at any given time kind of ruins a lot of strategy like that when it comes to pvp).

On a side note if you required managing cooldowns on clerics in order to be effective, as well as making it possible for clerics to run out of mana, it could really effect all the botting, as it pretty much depends on the fact that they can just spam heal a target forever with no issue.

Edited by JavedIqbal, 23 May 2012 - 01:20 PM.

#250 Howie

Howie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 468 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 01:24 PM

Lol right on the dot about the Diablo thing. But not just strafe but multi-shot.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users