where is everyone? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

where is everyone?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 warmpudgy

warmpudgy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2012 - 11:58 PM

Did warp portal run off half the clientele?

What happened to this game?

Whats the point of having 3 servers when hardly anyone is going to use 2 of them?
Seriously, on Ymir there are about 300 people logged in
of those 300, how many do you think are AFK merchants? my guess is 75%

How do you expect someone to play multiplayer game virtually by them selves?

Ive had a chat up in Eden for my PRIEST, A FARKING SUPPORT PRIEST for nearly 2 hours, and no one has joined, NO ONE
At this point I would rather play on a server with bots than a nearly empty one that for some reason lags all the time

Posted Image

#2 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:06 AM

Do you see what time it is right now in the united states? I know this is "International" Ragnarok, but do remember that a large portion of this player base is actually stationed in the United States. The Sun hasn't even rose where I am yet.(2 AM)

Player base on Ymir tends to Peak at around noonish.(not counting WoE times ofcourse).

Edited by Tetsamaru, 24 May 2012 - 12:07 AM.

#3 warmpudgy

warmpudgy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:11 AM

I'm terribly sorry sir, I wasn't aware most people sleep at night
please sir, forgive me! sir please no, not the whip sir!

>.>

#4 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:49 AM

I'm terribly sorry sir, I wasn't aware most people sleep at night
please sir, forgive me! sir please no, not the whip sir!

>.>

Honestly, I ate them all :(

But to be completely honest, the Number are accurate most of the times and wont go much higher than 500 for ymir and 900 for Ygg even at the ,,peaked time".

There have been more players Online, but due to D3 and other games a lot have left temporally or for ever - we dont know for sure.
However, please also notice that the GM-Team has done a lot of banning Bots, Bad People lately which also caused a massively drop (mostly on Val down, overall prolly 1000 Player~).

Combined with the lately stuff coming from Maintenance (Exclusive Headgears from Merchandise got recycled, Port Malaya Bugs, regular and irregular as well as random RAGEQUITTING!!! bout stuff I dont know off and just overall frustration) dropped another part of the Playerbase. No raging from my side - I am totally relaxed with my previously worth 200 million Heagear which can now be bought for about 2m~4m thanks to May Groove Pack^^

#5 warmpudgy

warmpudgy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:57 AM

oh well, I gave up trying to find a party
i put in a request for server transfer

#6 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:01 AM

oh well, I gave up trying to find a party
i put in a request for server transfer

To where? You wont found any party for Priest on Valk as well xD Everyone and their Grandmother got an Leech Priest for their own xD

If you tell me your Name, Level and server you are own, probably you can join my guild and have a blast time :D?
We are on Ymir by the way^^

#7 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:12 AM

Just merge all the damn server already.

#8 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:14 AM

Ya, sounds like your problem may be that you aren't part of an active guild. Active guilds have no shortage of things to do and everyone usually can find something to do with guildmates and friends. I never once had a problem finding parties and even quest buddies on Ymir.

#9 warmpudgy

warmpudgy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:15 AM

im on ymir
was originally loki but when i come back we have all this

i put the request for valk

Mr Sparkles lvl 57 high priest just job changed, took me nearly a week to do because of the complete lack of willing parties
everybody wants to do that gramps thing, it seems like there are no low levels left on this server

Edited by warmpudgy, 24 May 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#10 Superpass

Superpass

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Server:Classic, Yggdrasil

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:18 AM

everybody wants to do that gramps thing

Yeah, Turn-Ins killed regular parties. Once in a while there are some Nogg parties for 90-105, but other than that you won't find high demand before level 70.

#11 warmpudgy

warmpudgy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:25 AM

Yeah, Turn-Ins killed regular parties. Once in a while there are some Nogg parties for 90-105, but other than that you won't find high demand before level 70.

What am I supposed to do until then?
Click those stupid bulletin boards?

Int is my only stat I'll get right on killing all these monsters with my quad vit staff
OH! OH! maybe i can holy light them to death!

/sarcasm

Edited by warmpudgy, 24 May 2012 - 01:25 AM.

#12 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:04 AM

What am I supposed to do until then?
Click those stupid bulletin boards?

Int is my only stat I'll get right on killing all these monsters with my quad vit staff
OH! OH! maybe i can holy light them to death!

/sarcasm

Sad you go away from our server. But yeah find a guild and all your problems are solved.
I doubt that you will find more parties on Valk out of the TI Share range without an guild.

I could 99 you in a day btw.

#13 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:11 AM

What is your ingame name on which you are Online right now, would like to PM you^^

#14 warmpudgy

warmpudgy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 02:14 AM

its Mr Sparkles

#15 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:48 AM

Welcome to valk ; ) we LOVE priests (and rangers) here. /heh

#16 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:55 AM

Go away, he is mine!!! I rather destroy iRO Valkyrie then to give him to you guys!
This is my last warning, the nuclear missile is directed to your Main Server, dont move a bit or kabuuuuum!!

Other than that, he already joined my guild :D

#17 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:01 AM

Once you get past the first huddle, people are very demanding for Priests/High Priests/Arch Bishops after the 80's range.

Your best bet is to somehow find an active guild that can give you aid in your leveling endeavors.

Don't try Ygg though, unless you can solo like a pro with KP. It was very unwelcoming to people looking for support in the early levels.

Go away, he is mine!!! I rather destroy iRO Valkyrie then to give him to you guys!
This is my last warning, the nuclear missile is directed to your Main Server, dont move a bit or kabuuuuum!!

Try that and I will send my army of Shadow Chasers to precast Manholes to keep you away.

Edited by GuardianTK, 24 May 2012 - 05:02 AM.

#18 simca437

simca437

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 684 posts
  • Server:valkyrie

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:04 AM

Did warp portal run off half the clientele?

What happened to this game?

Whats the point of having 3 servers when hardly anyone is going to use 2 of them?
Seriously, on Ymir there are about 300 people logged in
of those 300, how many do you think are AFK merchants? my guess is 75%

How do you expect someone to play multiplayer game virtually by them selves?

Ive had a chat up in Eden for my PRIEST, A FARKING SUPPORT PRIEST for nearly 2 hours, and no one has joined, NO ONE
At this point I would rather play on a server with bots than a nearly empty one that for some reason lags all the time

Posted Image

pretty true
500 players(most afk)
100 venders
99 afk genetics
2000bots

#19 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:22 AM

Honestly so far I've seen Valk has more people actively playing at any time of the day compared to Ygg/Ymir. Yes, Valkyrie has a crap load of bots but so Ygg does, either way you can just walk around prontera/eden and check the difference in real player base between servers and decide yourself.

#20 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:56 AM

part of the reason that valk has more people (and bots) is because its a free server and you can start with 3 character slots without having to have vip status... and with having so many people online on a single server it draws more people to that server (cuz nobody wants to play alone)

#21 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:45 AM

two time I founded someone to party with a lvl 16 acolyte (up to lvl 27 in payon cave)

then another mage lvl 26 to 46...

just walk and kill stuff.. then when you see someone smashing stuff AND picking the loot... ask him politely... 80% of success... and then follow him or tell him what you want from him :)

#22 majorBoobage

majorBoobage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 373 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:17 AM

Diablo 3 coming out didn't help the numbers much either...

#23 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 08:22 AM

Diablo 3 coming out didn't help the numbers much either...

According to their official Forum (which I do not link here nor link to the many QQ and I QUIT YOU NOOB!! Topics) it seems like they release a lot of BS and not so many are happy with what came out after like 10(?) years of development.

Last but not least nobody really quits RO for good, they all come back time after time, game after game, girlfriend after girlfriend!

#24 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:31 AM

Don't try Ygg though, unless you can solo like a pro with KP. It was very unwelcoming to people looking for support in the early levels.

I'm a Ygg player and I agree with you. Support classes won't be going too far in our server unless you belong in the Big 5 guilds (Valkyrie, Boss, WN, Volkiba, Loki's) or you are able to dump some KP for EXP manuals. I suggest all Archbishops in our server to play an ME AB first before going full support so you can solo and get your own EXP in case the downtime for TI parties becomes too long.

#25 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

I triple-cliented to level my priest/high priest. Not really recommended for everyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users