New Bot Epedemic? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Bot Epedemic?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:34 AM

On Yggdrasil first time I have seen this?

Posted Image

Bots rage quitting Valkyrie & joining Yggdrasil? This is actually pretty funny they are all being killed by 1 Hell Fly.

#2 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:38 AM

I've noticed more spam bots in Pront now, and for the first time, in Payon. Blah.

#3 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 24 May 2012 - 12:40 AM

They are conquering more and more land, its time to fight back!!!
Launch the ticket missle!!!

Please send in a ticket as soon as possible, since the chance they get banned (without recieving a prior notice!) is MUCH higher via ticketing than posting a picture on the forum + giving them a nice notice that they got caught

#4 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:03 AM

That...is epic O_o

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:20 AM

I've heard the bot ratio in YGG is actually higher than Valk now. Which isn't hard since the overall population numbers are much smaller.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:35 AM

I like all these Valk server people spreading rumors just to make their server look better. :P

Are you guys that desperate in getting actual players than bots?

#7 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:04 AM

Never went and checked myself, but someone else posted a thread about YGG bots too: http://forums.warppo...434#entry867434

Looks like 10% of your total population there already. /heh

#8 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:15 AM

Solution to all problems:

-> Merge all 3 Server into ,,Bascojin"
-> Get rid of f2p
-> Make a one-time-activation-license fee (Otalf) which means you need to pay a small fee like 1~3$ per Account to activate, once activated you can make as many chars as you wish and as often as you wish.
-> Hire 5 new people that can work 24/7 in shifts so every shift is covered
-> Make a GM-Bot ingame char which people can PM. The GM-Bot will copy every PM he gets into an MIRC system that the GM Bot's can check
-> Investigate the PM reported chars, ban them and $$
-> Repeat till no Farming Bots are there anymore, be happy bout the extra $$ you got and like my post <3
-> According to my Bot-creation-till-frustration-and-no-profit>cost-model it would take us up to 1 year till we are botfree and got rid of the Zenyfarmer/ Screamer

Edited by Bascojiin, 24 May 2012 - 06:17 AM.

#9 Sammier21

Sammier21

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 321 posts
  • LocationSanta Monica
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 24 May 2012 - 07:14 AM

I did notice that there are more zeny bots in less populated Cities. Like today I saw one in Aldebaran.

I just try to report as many bots as possible and be done with it ^^;

#10 Droyd

Droyd

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:48 AM

-> Get rid of f2p
-> Make a one-time-activation-license fee (Otalf) which means you need to pay a small fee like 1~3$ per Account to activate, once activated you can make as many chars as you wish and as often as you wish.
-> Make a GM-Bot ingame char which people can PM. The GM-Bot will copy every PM he gets into an MIRC system that the GM Bot's can check
-> Repeat till no Farming Bots are there anymore, be happy bout the extra $$ you got and like my post <3
-> According to my Bot-creation-till-frustration-and-no-profit>cost-model it would take us up to 1 year till we are botfree and got rid of the Zenyfarmer/ Screamer

Yes. Yes! YES!!

#11 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:53 AM

submit a ticket and dont expect the problem to be solved on the forums.
large groups of bots like that IS something they can focus on when people submit tickets

#12 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 24 May 2012 - 10:12 AM

I didn't expect a solution I just found it hilarious that 1 Hell Fly was wiping bots out instantly :rofl:!

#13 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:22 AM

-> Get rid of f2p

Can someone make this person GM because he thinks like one? Our current GMs seem to only be GMs in name.

#14 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:49 AM

Can someone make this person GM because he thinks like one? Our current GMs seem to only be GMs in name.

I think, no wait actually I am more then sure that Heimdallr would rather nuke the whole building before he would even consider making me anything like an GM.

#15 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 24 May 2012 - 01:34 PM

I think, no wait actually I am more then sure that Heimdallr would rather nuke the whole building before he would even consider making me anything like an GM.

Posted Image

#16 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

-> Get rid of f2p

-_- ideas.

- Merging servers always makes people quit the game. Its been proven twice on iRO already.
- Game would lose probably half its population if it goes p2p again
- One-time activation is ok. However, it will really diminish the new players. A smarter idea would be to just have a level cap (say 40), no trading, no mailing, from un-activated accounts. This really limits where the bots can level (easy to find them too) and still allows legitimate players to have an enjoyable game.
- Gravity can't afford new staff. The staff they do have get paid peanuts because they are herping their derp all day long.

There are a huge amount of positive things Gravity can do to improve the bot situation. But they aren't. They're just Milking loyal players until the servers close.

#17 Chigikogou

Chigikogou

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1778 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:33 PM

Yawn. Same old problem, always discussed, never get solved.

#18 BoingBoing

BoingBoing

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 553 posts

Posted 24 May 2012 - 06:45 PM

They're just Milking loyal players until the servers close.

Which shouldn't be long now, so this server merge/population talk is irrelevant. :D

Edited by BoingBoing, 24 May 2012 - 07:12 PM.

#19 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 24 May 2012 - 09:47 PM

Which shouldn't be long now

I highly doubt it. People have been saying "shouldn't be long now" for 6 years.

1. The servers are most likely leased. If they close down tomorrow, they still have to pay until the end of the lease so may as well stay open.
2. The servers are utter garbage - thus, cheap - the royalties are also very cheap when you look at their stock info. Staff also get paid peanuts. So they really don't have to make much to cover their outgoings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users