Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 17 September 2010 - 07:12 AM

I think its time for gravity to take out the class description u gave for every class and see for urself which things currently doesnt make any sence in the way we play this game right now.

Stop screwing around with skills and remake it all for every class and use ur mind on how to build it up the way u ever had the intention on how a class should function.
Give weapon requirements for all classes and give their 'extra weapon' passives a requirement to.
Make it eaual for all classes on how to get your passives. (Give ap/accu/aspeed passives the same value for every class and for those who are ment to have higher value of any of these stats have an extra passive for this, aiming on the way raiders and scouts have to get their accuracy passive here while other classes have them mixed up with another passive)

For stuns:
- Give every class 1 stun without weapon or pre requirements which take up 5 skillpoints. No difference in duration, succes rate, casting time, range or whatsoever.
- Give their specific weapon 1 stun/sleep with or without range compared to weapon, Same succes rate, same durration.

For mute:
- cleric and mages only, they are the magical classes, lets keep it that way.

I'm not gonna tell you (again) what I think is wrong currently, I'm prety much sure if you go look through the class descriptions and the way skills are build up currently u will find out urself.
But stop the way you are currenly 'fixing' things.

#2 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 17 September 2010 - 09:38 PM

i soo was thinking bout the same thing.......i m gonna make a post about it but dont get time to write such a big post

#3 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 03:25 PM

First of all, you should add words in parenthesis in your title (Not like they will read this anyways) so the GM must speak up and bla bla bla xD then they will read it.

Haven't actually played the game in these months, but up to patch 303 I have the following thinking.

Dual Raiders need to have their DEX to AP ratio push up by a lot more, it's wrong that DEX give such tiny amount of insignificant AP to dual swords.
I don't know katar raiders.
In general hawkers are kinda slow compare to all other classes, so make Sprint to 20% mspeed passive and keep Rapid twitch at 50% dash. Reason is many classes have mspeed debuff skills, my scout can barely run away from them(Thanks for purify effect from camouflage). But dual raiders definitely cannot.

Next is, well I'm not sure about this but I see artisan is stronger than gunbourg?

Mage class I played a lot but I don't know how to fix them, basically the non mspeed mages are like glass cannon, die in few hits. So may be make their skills casting animation much faster. One issue is, I remember the PvP update that makes everyone start using skills, then dealer, hawker, soldier all have their skills MP consumption reduced by half, however mage is the only class that keep the same MP consumption, so what's up with that?

I don't know about launcher bourgs and XbowKnight but I know the skill charge for champion needs to be fixed. This game has display bug issue for long, and to be specific, if you use dash in front of someone, your character velocity on someone screen does not change. Instead, the character just start teleporting, which is very annoying to me and don't know where the champion is really at. Temporary dash is not good for this game I would say.

#4 Graziano

Graziano

Scout Representative

• Members
  • 756 posts
  • LocationLost
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 18 September 2010 - 04:05 PM

U shouldnt give another class more of something cause its not right compared 2 another single class.
Champs are 2 fast its well known, by givving raiders more an mspeed passive would probably solve the problem of champs being faster then raiders, but there are other classes 2 which will be affected by this changes, they will suffer the most from these changes.
A: problem solved raiders are faster again
B: new problem: the rest off the classes will be even slower now.
This kind of things arent balancing the game but unbalance it even more, thats the biggest problem whats goin on now, and thats what i mean by this threat.

Artisan being stronger then gunbourg doesnt make sence, ur right. Thats just an example what this threat is all about. Think first what it does and compare it to all other classes and how it would effect the game.

True about mages they die easaly but they have high attack power compared 2 that (so i dont know how ppl who play the champion class even have the guts to start complaining about their attack power), but then again a champion deals more damage with an aoe than a mage does in my experience.

I hardly doubt much champs use that skill now, since they are so fast. But i must say that ur right even on ur own screen u can see a kind off a teleportation.
But there are many other things which isnt right in the champion skilltree in my opinion.

And i dont think it would matter how i name it. I'm prety much sure they look in all threaths, but it would be more helpfull if we get answers on their thoughts about our suggestions on how they think about it.

#5 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:00 PM

I don't have much experience with raiders but here are some suggesions I have:

Instead of raising hawker mspeed by a fair amount or lowerin champs mspeed why not do both? Make sprint a 10% mspeed passive and reduce champs quick step by 10%. (Rapid Twitch was 60% a few months ago anyway and was lowered to 50%)

Also I think atleast the first job weapon requirements should be removed for the raider tree; that is a dual raider should get access to stealth again and the 1st job katars skills and katars should get access to the dual side of the hawker tree. (Alot of katar raiders already use evasive guard by buffing in duals and switching back to katars anyway.)

Also Enfeeblement in the dual tree is pretty lousy, it is a 50% mspeed debuff that does no damage. Although it has 15m range and lasts 20 seconds it is pretty unappealing compared to most other classes.

Champs have space attack which has 16m range 880 power reliable magic attack with 60% mspeed down and lasts 15 seconds.
Mace Knights have Sword force which is exactly the same except 50% mspeed down and unreliable.
Crossbow knights have slow shot that is 27-29m range 1147 power with 70% mspeed/45% aspeed down for 10 seconds
Mages Have Permafrost CHill which is 18m range, 1706 power, 80% mspeed/50% aspeed down for 10 seconds
Scouts have entangling arrow which is 27m range 925 power, 80% mspeed down/36% dodge down and lasts 5 seconds
Launcher Bourgious have Cannon Splash burst which is 30m range, 1206 power, 44% mspeed down aoe that lasts 5 seconds (although 80% success) *not very good as far as mspeed goes either.

Anyway, since enfeelment does no damage it should have a slighlty bigger debuff (maybe 70%) or be an aoe like mental storm.

And Destiny the mage skills weren't cut in mp because unlike most other classes their primary stat is int and they have mp passives in their tree. (ALthough champs and scouts get mp passives too) I'm not sure how fast mp goes down as mage though.

Also Graziano I agree somewhat on the stuns. Each class should get 1 reliable stun (70-85% success) with fair priority and 2 second duration and reliable. Classes with more than 1 stun can have the others with a lower duration or success.

*cough clerics have terrible priority stuns with mediocre success and alot of skillpoints to use

As far as mute goes. I see aboslutley no problem with a knight being able to use it. I don't think champs should have it removed because it is 'overpowered' so to say; but , I forgot who said it in another thread but they said something along the lines of 'having 3 stuns on a champ makes more sense than having mute' which I can agree with that way.

I had another idea about that too: Soundless vaccuum could be moved to the knight tree, and the champions slugger (currently a 70% 2 second stun) could be changed to a 70% 3 second mute in a sense that 'you get the wind knocked out of you when hit by it'. As a result, leap attack could be changed to a 'reliable' stun again, giving it a 2 second duratio nand 70% success. Doing this not only knocks off 1 stun from champs but also reduces their mute duration for all the haters.

#6 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 05:02 PM

Let's say if we forget about this 20% mspeed passive for hawker now. Then base on your "balancing thread" aspect, we should remove that 25% mspeed passive quick step from champion. Very hard for GM to do, cuz this means suppressing their customers and if customers don't like it and they leave, so you think the GM want money or a balancing game? xD

In my opinion, the profit of an MMORPG comes from the chaos of unbalancing. :D :wah: :wah:

By the way, there is still 20% mspeed passive for soldier spear class, but let's take care of that quick step first. I hate to post anything that makes other people unhappy, but champion is just too fast, I don't care if they have too much def since they are soldier class, however having such outstanding mspeed is unacceptable. :D

#7 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 18 September 2010 - 10:20 PM

i guess best would be to make
sprint-15% passive
quickstep-40% movespeed up buff(420 secs duration)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users