• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 swiftybolt

swiftybolt

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

I am working on a hindsight sage, and after following a solo guide posted on this thread, i ended up with this so far:

Level: 77

Str: 1 +1
Agi: 70 +5
Vit: 1 +4
Int: 83 +5
Dex: 12 +4
Luk: 1 +1
Flee: 264 +1

I have Hindsight 10 and freecast 10, and study 7.

I'm using the final Eden gear as my equips for the moment.

I do not have a linker, and do not plan to have one at any point.

I can't seem to kill anything around my level as my flee apears to be too low. Is there a feasable way to level this character (other than bolting stuff, which I'm stuck doing now).

Thanks.

#2 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:44 PM

not really pro at sages but i think the spec would work more on a scholar with the extra stats that you get for being Trans as a regular sage i think it would require a lot of good gear to counter the weaker stats

#3 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:27 PM

u def need more flee and attack speed gear :) mora equips alone would make this too challenging , especially without the linker ! get yourself like a mocking or a de lux, some evolved side ribbons, etc to increase your flee.Idealy ur main gears to concern yourself with at first are those and attack speed things, and use books for faster speed. with my hindsighter i then pumped my agi to 95 or so then finish int then finished agi =) ur problem isnt ur stats tho, its the gear. eden gear simply does not suffice with this character. it gets even EASIER as trans tho, cuz of double bolt *drool* Once you get the better gear tho, it is a really fun class haha.

u def need more flee and attack speed gear :) mora equips alone would make this too challenging , especially without the linker ! get yourself like a mocking or a de lux, some evolved side ribbons, etc to increase your flee.Idealy ur main gears to concern yourself with at first are those and attack speed things, and use books for faster speed. with my hindsighter i then pumped my agi to 95 or so then finish int then finished agi =) ur problem isnt ur stats tho, its the gear. eden gear simply does not suffice with this character. it gets even EASIER as trans tho, cuz of double bolt *drool* Once you get the better gear tho, it is a really fun class haha.

#4 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2012 - 10:50 PM

Hellos, I always glad to see people having hindsighters. I shall help you.
First of all bolt damage is crap and you will not hugely benefit from having 99 int.
Here on out, agi all the way. Skin of Ventus is very nice with a ninetails or orc baby card in it. to really get your flee up there.

Second, because your base damage is crap for bolts, you benefit a lot from having a high atk weapon.
Even with 99 int you'll be lucky to get more than 600 a cast from your auto-bolts.
My favorite weapon for sages is Dagger of Counter, 90% Crit. 140 atk. Endow and enjoy. You'll get better damage overall than using a book.

Try to get a Siroma Card. It boost colt bolt damage by 25% and will get you though to 99 with some Bolt action in magma 1.
you can also boost your auto spell output some auto-proc accessories. Wind ghost Card, Gazeti Card, Owl Baron/Duke Combo all very useful.

But as Bestie has already advised, gear is very important to a hindsighter.

#5 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 19 June 2012 - 11:33 PM

YA i want to get an owl duke card too :) good point about siroma card, that card would be useful for many places, so i tink it would be a good investment ! Dagger of Counter !? I never even thought of that :o i like cecil demon cards but...hmm ill look into that ;)

#6 Piers

Piers

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts
  • LocationEmsworth

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:05 AM

But as Bestie has already advised, gear is very important to any character in Ragnarok Online.

Fixed.

I typically start up a Lv 10 bolt skill before moving in to attack. The bolts strike for about 2.4k and the rest can be supplemented with physical and magical attacks. If done right, the mob dies shortly thereafter. Eden Gear does fine for me.

Bump up your DEX some if you can however since you'll likely miss your mob more often than not which...can lead to frustration. >< 30 in dex should do the trick and sprinkle in more if you need to. Endow can be a big help, naturally.

I use the Ledger of Death...which is unfortunately unusable until whopping Lv 85. They can go for cheap on the market now and then, though. Got mine for 400k which isn't shabby. The point is that on top of the helpful magic attack, higher upgrades can increase the ATSP by 1%. Imagine that book at +10 - damn!

The other plus is the dreaded Hell's Judgement which strikes everything onscreen for around 1100 damage and likely causes them coma. It's good and bad depending on the mob, but the slowdown can really help. That and it's hilarious in Turn-Ins when 100+ enemies on screen are suddenly attacked and turn their attention to you.

#7 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 20 June 2012 - 10:17 AM

YA i want to get an owl duke card too :) good point about siroma card, that card would be useful for many places, so i tink it would be a good investment ! Dagger of Counter !? I never even thought of that :o i like cecil demon cards but...hmm ill look into that ;)

I used to have a mentor some years ago that taught me the ways of hindsighting and introduced me to Dagger of Counter. Crits aren't dependant on dex so it allows you to ignore you DEX investment for more AGI.
Cecil cards in a Ledger of death is nice, but in the long term you will find very limited use for it.
I prefer Ancient Magic because if you collect the combo pieces you'll end up with enough MaTK and sp bonus to be very effective in a party without giving up your hindsighting roots.

#8 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Owl Duke and Owl Barn card combo is pretty damn nice on my Hindsight Sorc.

Combine that with level Call Ventus in passive mode and hindsight in Lightning bolt and Double bolt, and well, any water monsters you go up againsts pretty much can kiss their ass goodbye.

Auto lex is nice, very very nice indeed.

Edited by Tetsamaru, 20 June 2012 - 12:01 PM.

#9 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 28 June 2012 - 07:56 PM

I used to have a mentor some years ago that taught me the ways of hindsighting and introduced me to Dagger of Counter. Crits aren't dependant on dex so it allows you to ignore you DEX investment for more AGI.
Cecil cards in a Ledger of death is nice, but in the long term you will find very limited use for it.
I prefer Ancient Magic because if you collect the combo pieces you'll end up with enough MaTK and sp bonus to be very effective in a party without giving up your hindsighting roots.

Hindsight doesn't need your attack to hit to proc.... DEX is only for casting OR if you build a battle sage that uses hindsight as just an added bonus damage ( STR based battle sage). Of course without a linker the lower bolt damage may ( will ) be annoying because it takes so long to kill anything...

#10 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 28 June 2012 - 08:19 PM

Hindsight will also proc off reflected damage and provoke (for some reason). If you don't have a lot of agi yet, high orc shield is your friend.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users