May 29th Maintenance - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

May 29th Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
244 replies to this topic

#51 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:All

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:15 PM

Aww cmon, can I have an answer on my safe 10 certs please <3 I'll be a good girl I promise :puppyeye:

Will hold you to it even though I have no answer for you.

#52 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:18 PM

hey i got a quick question why does this game only use pay to win tactics and games like tera dont need a cash shop? also why is this game so damn onesided in woe and nothing happens? hmm one last question why come this game cant be like before with tactic please dont sensor the truth

#53 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:19 PM

Will hold you to it even though I have no answer for you.

Hey! I haven't seen you around in a very very long time, welcome back! O: If you don't mind my asking, what caused the poofage D:

#54 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

hey i got a quick question why does this game only use pay to win tactics and games like tera dont need a cash shop? also why is this game so damn onesided in woe and nothing happens? hmm one last question why come this game cant be like before with tactic please dont sensor the truth

...Umad? Anyways If you don't like it you can just take a break off the game. Highly suggested.

#55 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:20 PM

was this to me or inny?

#56 brandiebear

brandiebear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:21 PM

wow. So the ultimate game card option wasnt working. damn. I thought it was just removed. I should of just keep my 4 game cards insted of trading them back to the store for half of what I paid for them. /sob

#57 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:28 PM

Look at it this way, UGC can be used anytime, its realistically not going anywhere or will expire if I remember correctly. It sucks to not be able to use them for what you intended to do, but it doesn't mean you can't use them for the up coming anniversary month stuff.

#58 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

its not just RO.. most phone apps & games and facebook games apply this strategy

Edited by Helios0, 29 May 2012 - 07:31 PM.

#59 Fluffylovr

Fluffylovr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 782 posts
  • LocationHawaii~
  • Server:Valk

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:30 PM

I litterally went to walmart for a 10 to 15 dollar UGC the day after it was removed, and was struck with sadness that walmart had only the 20 dollar one and went home instead with a new rug for my cats cage. Then I saw the announcement and I felt better that I didn't get UGC xP

#60 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:39 PM

The safe to 10 certs will be Distributed Wednesday. We have to pull the data for the prior week then manually put them in the for the qualifiers.

Pope hat was intended to be put in next Monday so we only have to do 1 check and distribution, but we may do 1 tomorrow, and a 2nd one on Monday for those that may have qualified. I am going to give mulitple pope hats per 4000 pts spent per game acct. I did tell Oda that it would be 1 per account, but I'd rather be generous than rules lawyery.

For UGC cards, yes it is a problem, which is being fixed tonight, it has been worked on for the past 10+ days. I do regret that inconvenience.

#61 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:44 PM

is it possible to fix the 1 hour extension bug on all timers today ? this is really annoying x_X

#62 lvket86

lvket86

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 79 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

4K WPE spent on cash shop ? the bonus wpe will be counts on 4k wpe spent? im curious abt this.

did the gift voucher page happen mistake ? im try to pass wpe to my another acc to purchase vip but its show me gift voucher sold out.

#63 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:45 PM

what do you mean facebook is not iro though at least fix all these damn buggs

#64 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:47 PM

If you think you can fix bugs faster, by all means please take the floor. Other than that I'm anticipating the anniversary quest/event next week~

#65 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:48 PM

are you for real? this is one of the worst ti ideas ever........thanks in advance for sticking it to us again.....

-115-130
-Alicel / Hillslion

#66 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

are you for real? this is one of the worst ti ideas ever........thanks in advance for sticking it to us again.....

-115-130
-Alicel / Hillslion

TIs may be subject to change, especially at the last minute. Remember when we had Ratas change to Lady Solace?

I thought so. Patience until the final changes are posted.

#67 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:50 PM

its not just RO.. most phone apps & games and facebook games apply this strategy

Subscription models would require a very steady player base that never dips below X#. There are so many more games in the marketplace nowadays that the players are spread out where such a steady playerbase is just not a "sure thing", doing item sales stabalize the revenue so the business can both meet its current financial obligations but also work on expansion. RO went a long time with Subscription only, and I can be honest to say that we wouldn't be a viable game today if we didn't add the item mall, our VIP sales are barely a tip to the iceberg when it comes to what we need to stay going. How many of you would keep 2+ accounts active at $8 a month per acct, and that is also me realizing that you posters here are a bit more likely to do so than if I asked that question in-game.

Hindsight being what it is, yes there were some sales and mistakes that I wish we hadn't done, or different implementation strategies we could have used. But I also remember when we were doing it and we really didn't have the option of "hold off" at those times we did the best we could with the resources available to make sure the game continued as stabley as possible. Starting from scratch with all the resources we now can pull from would be a very different path. Example being costume system, if that was available from day 1 we would have likely gone with more a cosmetic affect and a seasonal effect with headgears so that we maintain constant sales for lower amounts rather than a few "must have" items like rideword hat for example. Probably would make all the "high value" gears from monsters be in tradable boxes, once opened they are acct bound. This would keep some of the gear hand me downs that has made the trade market somewhat "crushed" in this year and date.

#68 Majinakakillakam

Majinakakillakam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • LocationClarksville tn

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:51 PM

#69 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:54 PM

is it possible to fix the 1 hour extension bug on all timers today ? this is really annoying x_X

This is the bug that is rustling my jimmies right now. There is no reason for its existence, other than an oops exe build. Fixes were hoped for before last Friday's maint, expected before today's maint (not happening) and now prayed for by the end of the week.

#70 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:55 PM

is bio going byebye

#71 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:56 PM

This is the bug that is rustling my jimmies right now. There is no reason for its existence, other than an oops exe build. Fixes were hoped for before last Friday's maint, expected before today's maint (not happening) and now prayed for by the end of the week.

Better have your staff constantly spamming Gloria for that bug-fix in that estimated timeframe... Would like to farm KVM again but hardly doable when I have to wait 1 hour 5 mins each run ._.

@Xellie: Yes Bio3 is going byebye, I thought they said 2 week extension but I might have misread it.

Edited by Senkasa, 29 May 2012 - 07:57 PM.

#72 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:06 PM

TIs may be subject to change, especially at the last minute. Remember when we had Ratas change to Lady Solace?

I thought so. Patience until the final changes are posted.

you are right, but this is part of the problem......it seems more like they are just grabbing at air, hoping to find a safety line.......things like this should be better planned out

#73 Apocalis

Apocalis

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

Thanks anyway! that you look into this matter ^^ and for the information

#74 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:07 PM

I would say just wait until the end of maintenance. Anything could happen really

#75 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei

Posted 29 May 2012 - 08:09 PM

HOT DOG! Kasa and Salamander TI FTW! I think that's going to be a lot of fun. I'm really looking forward to it! Also, hurray for Skel Prisoner and Rybios! ME builds priests and ABs are going to be able to have fun for once, lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users