Lv80 Overlord Skill Build (End-Game) - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Lv80 Overlord Skill Build (End-Game)

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 eSkape

eSkape

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationKanto
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:43 AM

Yes, overlords are a fun class to play but one has learn how to use it in order for it to be fun. Likewise, I have had many friends as well as I, play this class and yes it deemed fun, but now seeing that this is an undermined class compared to the rest, I think a more helpful build should be established (IAH forums are now gone and it sux).

Overlords go parallel with MVSP and high Aim + CD/CR builds. For the skills however, it is always best to pick ones that combo within cooldown times as well as seeing the damage output. Overlords do have the highest damage output but their DPS (damage per second) is quite low compared to ninjas.

Although overlords may be seen to be undermined due to not significant requiem of defense but insane Rambo-ness, it is common to see them die in the frontlines of EW or group PvP. The lasting ones are the Pros.

Before Overlords had to be fit with the Dianos equipment build with jelly-like defense, but now seeing the pretty Elga set, this class may pose a threat to many classes.

As for now, here is my opinion of how a skill build should look like for this class:

http://irowiki.org/~...121120051551001

This skill build focuses on fast kill. Quick, clean, finished, and done. As you can see, skills like Wrath of Earth or other slow processed skills are not worthy of casting. MVSP will help solve this problem. Bears are the most common skill that you see for overlords. Low cooldown, high damage, and simply put, its a rampaging bear heading towards you with a dynamic kick, so why not?

Base Skills:

Blow (1/5) - Prerequisite for Storm Blade.

Cutdown (3/5) - Good for the launch and your double devastating air combo-ing duo. (Storm + Wyvern Blade)

Storm Blade (3/5) - Damage output is not very high and doesnt last very long. Leave it at 3/5 for the aerial combo and mob-hit-count (8). 8 mobs are a standard amount to hit in most F1 or PvE stages.

Air Combo Launch (1/5) - Prerequisite for SD.

Re-Launch (1/5) - Prerequisite for SD.

Swords Dance or SD (1/5) - This does absolutely no damage at all, but simply amazing for PvP purposes. Once hit, your bears can go off.

Hammer Crush (0/5) or (5/5) - 70% chance to stun? Not bad, but the probability of hitting and the stun percentage depends on you.

Gladiator Skills:

Grizzly Power (5/5) - Increase of Base Phys. Att power. Buff with long duration and right-on cooldown for reuse? Get it.

Advanced Sword Mastery (1/5) or (5/5) - You may set it to 1/5 for prerequisite or 5/5 for more brute strength, which i see worthy for many overlords.

Dashing Blow (1/1) - Knock-em down np.

I'm Gone Bear! (10/10) - Raise this skill up to 10/10 if possible. Its amazing 8 Bruce Lee kick deals the highest damage output there is aside from Sniping in the game. Not to mention its cooldown is noteworthy as well.

Aerial Blow (1/5) - I like toys that can crack skulls. Prerequisite for Gamble.

Incoming Bear! (5/5) - not favorable for damage output, but it can knock down enemies with great fury and speed in a 2-punch combo. Not bad for saving yourself.

Gamble (10/10) - Wrath of Fury -> "Dat CR."

Stumblebum (5/5) - Large area to stun enemies and lessen their aim for a certain amount of time? Priceless.

Myrmidon Skills:

Sharpness Blade (1/5) or (5/5) - 1/5 for prerequisite or 5/5 for brute strength.

Gust Slash (5/5) - Another form of Swords Dance and has a good range, I've seen some good overlord players use this range well to their advantage and eventually giving them a high pvp win ratio. The damage is very high and tempting as well.

Bloody Roar (0/5) or (5/5) - To Blow up yourself like mad or go for the steady kill? The choice is yours.

Magnum Break (1/5) - Prerequisite for Wyvern Blade.

Death Bound (2/5) - Combos well with Death Grab. (As you can see, the name of the skills match as well)

Physical Training (1/5) - Prerequisite skill.

Whirlwind (1/5) or (5/5) - Not very fond of this skill but the damage output looks tempting.

Raising Storm (5/5) - Another summon skill. With all the bears and now a wrestler, you can pretty much run around and spam these skill while wearing down your enemies' HP, just like how Twin Fighters play.

Wyvern Blade (5/5) - Once combo'd in the air, it's deadly.

Overlord Skills:

Death Grab (5/5) - Cooldown time is only 5s and the damage output is ridiculously high with 200% att increase for the skill. Not to mention it can stun.

Awakening (1/1) - Obvious

Wind Step (5/5) - Max this since MVSP is most essential for all classes. Simply put, all classes crave MVSP.

Awakening Charge (1/3) - For PvP and PvE, so yeah, obvious.

The rest of the skill points is determined by you. You can see that I haven't put in any of the skill points into the awakening skills for I am not very fond of these. If you see or play one of these skills to your liking, play it. Wise man said one who likes something will become experienced at it with the help of other judgments.

I hope this guide helped and for equipment for overlord builds, they can be found here. http://ds.irowiki.or...ki/Overlord_Set

I would recommened getting the Black Dragon Lord Set along with the 50 agi premium alex gloves for more CR and a truckload of scary CD. The stacking and time worth spending is worth it if you like to play this agile class.

I wish you all a happy day and thanks for reading! Any comments or helpful criticizes would be much appreciated.

#2 Scizor

Scizor

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:59 PM

Can you give some points at passive skills also ? I'm new and I can see that some passive skills are really good, the 2k5 and 1k2 one. Plus I saw someone is going for buff like Wild Rage, what are your thought ab these skils

#3 eSkape

eSkape

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationKanto

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:21 AM

If possible, i would grind all i can to maximize all passive skills for any class. As you can see, passives are always working, whereas active skills must be used within a duration. Passives will always give the character who has the most skill points to it the most advantage. From my perspective, i see this somewhat as unfair and imbalanced to raise skills higher than what it normally is using skill cards and thus following it with using cash items such as monster card insurance. (If only this game would give non-cash players a chance...lol). But most importantly, the only passives u need to learn are the 1k5 and the 2k5 skills u mentioned, the sword mastery skills. These passives give somewhat of a great boost up towards your max physical attack, somewhat like having solar caracha rings that give bonus att. Remember, an overlord is based off of attack and only for quick attack, it has no defense whatsoever in pvp, which is why they are one of the most scariest classes to face in naked pvp and probably in the baclines of guild pvp or group pvp.

A buff like wild rage, as mentioned by Yurai before, these skills are active, not passive, and the 5/5 duration for the skill pertains to only be up to 60 seconds, equivalent to 1 minute which is not that much TBH. For PvE yes it may be vital but it is only based on your perspective to lower other skills in order to raise this one, whereas i would rather recommend going with the build i have in place as a balanced-aggressive skill build. For pvp, this skill is useless as you will always either run or charge without the use of any buffs except for something like gamble since in the psychological concept, people will forget to rebuff their skills unless it is for a long duration, like striking (priest active skill). In conclusion, it is always the choice of the player to balance out which skills, but based on the amount of players not using it or recommending it, i say Wild Rage is useless unless u really want to raise for your party members and waste sp on it. (Not to mention it raises physical attack power, in which mages will be quite sad to c that their buff is useless haha).

#4 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:33 AM

Have you tried Bloody Roar? I can't take a build without it seriously. The difference in damage is insane.

#5 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:42 AM

Ever considered Death Stinger for Pvp? A very good skill if you use it right.

#6 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:43 AM

Have you tried Bloody Roar? I can't take a build without it seriously. The difference in damage is insane.

You can't take my build seriously :(

#7 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:45 AM

You can't take my build seriously :(

Yeah, but you're Nilla. =(

#8 eSkape

eSkape

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • LocationKanto

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

I have tried it and i did like it before a glitch happened to decrease the damage from which others and I have seen. Some skills were happened to be glitched and therefore i have quit playing with my overlord due to the supports' unanswerable comments to my tickets. Also it depends if u want to play riskingly for aggro-plays or no bloody roar for defensive plays. IMO i love bloody roar and i would max it out since overlords are indeed meant for high damage, which in the psychological gaming part, it is best to intimidate your opponent and win through that intimidation of power. Although u question me, i thought i have raised bloody roar, hm, thanks for letting me know and you can max it out in which i assuringly recommend.

Ever considered Death Stinger for Pvp? A very good skill if you use it right.

"If you use it right."

People have their own preferences :)

Edited by eSkape, 06 June 2012 - 06:58 PM.

#9 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 06 June 2012 - 09:34 PM

I use it mostly because it can fit in with Overlord combos. Wyvern blade can catch them right after it knockbacks and death grab can be used after Wyvern.

It can also escape attacks however electricity, magnets, and freezes can cancel it.

Also about bloody roar, as long as your not stunned or frozen you can deactivate it. Also what I do when I catch them is bloody roar during the flinch/knockdown animation of gust or swords dance. That way they still can't escape and you can continue the combo. If you want after they've escaped deactivate it immediately. The cooldown isn't bad as you can still fight normally waiting for it to come back. It makes a huge difference in damage and can really help against those who love to throw up slow heals combined with PDD and/or Defense once you've caught them.

I'm not sure about your glitch. I'm assuming it's the one where Bloody roar occasionally doesn't activate despite you doing the animation and triggering the hotkey again just puts it in the cooldown.

Edited by Coolsam, 06 June 2012 - 09:41 PM.

#10 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 27 December 2012 - 01:30 PM

sam gimme ur skill tree! i have an overloard on the way D:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users