Bloody Branch turn ins? - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Bloody Branch turn ins?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:37 PM

I don't know for sure how this would work but it would certainly make more 150s run TIs and make more players interested in150ing characters instead of making 50 lvl 100 characters.

My suggestion would be that you run a TI on the 135-150 TI and the reward would give a bloody branch as part of the reward if your character is already base 150.

This would motivate the 150s to run more TIs, thus increasing the number of parties being run and more players willing to participate in the TIs. This would also motivate the lower level players who get bored of doing TIs (so they stop leveling before they hit 120 and make an army of noob 3rd class instead) to get their characters to 150 as well.

This would also help guild leaders run more events that are guild oriented as well since everyone likes a good BB party.

As a player with several 150 Characters I feel no obligation nor take any interest in running TIs any longer aside from gainIng un-needed guild exp. I accept that the exp I get on this character is going to waste aside from what is dumped into guild exp so I would like some kind of reward in place of this. Let's face it, Merit Badges don't make a TI worth running at 150. I could be (and do MvP or PvP) instead.

Just a thought but I figured I'd throw it out there.

Edited by Tyrael, 01 June 2012 - 06:48 PM.

#2 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

Pretty much. No class needs EXP after 150 except Royal Guards and archbishops, but who needs Redemptio nowadays?.

For badges, yeah, they can always keep a perma-99 character just to earn the badges, way less effort than making one 150.

VIPs could get a random (Grand) prize (BB, OCA, Reset Stone [Rarer than the others, due to the uses of it], Halter Lead... High Weapon boxes and HE manuals could be acceptable too) of the Daily Quen list.

The problem is only one. What would mean "a TI"? One 400-killcount or two?

#3 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:19 PM

Pretty much. No class needs EXP after 150 except Royal Guards and archbishops, but who needs Redemptio nowadays?.

For badges, yeah, they can always keep a perma-99 character just to earn the badges, way less effort than making one 150.

VIPs could get a random (Grand) prize (BB, OCA, Reset Stone [Rarer than the others, due to the uses of it], Halter Lead... High Weapon boxes and HE manuals could be acceptable too) of the Daily Quen list.

The problem is only one. What would mean "a TI"? One 400-killcount or two?

I mean per set of 400 off the list. And no you are getting my point wrong, I'm not asking for random stuff because as great as BBs are they are just MVPs with little chance of card drop (where as their regular drops are typically garbage, just a fewer big ones are worth killing for loot). I asked for BB's because I'm not talking about making zeny here. I'm talking about giving out items to characters that are capable of utilizing their purpose properly. Can a 120 kill an MVP? Sure, but a 150 will more than likely be more effective for the job. 150s don't need reset stones unless they intend to reset their stats constantly, sell them for zeny or level other characters to 150. I don't agree with the quen list as the goal I'm trying to reach here is not a zeny profit but a reason for a 150 to want to do a TI. Sure you can sell BBs for zeny, but if enough of them are on the market because tons of 150s are doing TIs now the price is going to drop significantly. I want my 150s to have a reason to run a TI other than just for sport, guild exp or to get merits to purchase resets and level more of my 3rd class noobs to 150. I want it to directly affect my enjoyment playing my 150 and BB's are the one thing a 150 excels at better than any character a lower level. (even if you have to party to kill it).

Will this directly increase the number of MVP cards out there? Sure it will eventually, but at the same time so does the MVP summoner, the groove packs and other quests. This will legitimately keep BBs from ever getting overpriced so guilds can use this as an event for the guild on a regular basis rather than as a special once every 3 month treat. It will also directly influence our 150 mains to have a food reason to want to run TIs without having their other characters in mind and can't be used as a consistent source of mass income due to how low the BB price rates will drop.

I also think this is a way to tip a certain amount of power in the market to players who aren't ungodly rich and stacked with godlike gears (the ones I'm referring to that can horde their zeny since they don't need to buy anythig). It will give the poorer man the ability to be on a equal playing level as the people who have been collecting the god monopoly market for ages in woe now. I know people will disagree because it's like givin out free MvP cards for doing a 15 minute TI run but I believe it will make a significant impact on how many people get their characters to 150 instead of massing noob chars instead, which I value as more important.

Edited by Tyrael, 01 June 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#4 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:51 AM

I like the idea but maybe change it up to like 1 BB after doing maybe 3 ti's? if not then the game will just be flooded with bb's Imagine the 135-150 ti 12 BB's from just 1 party each day then ppl will switch to another 150 some ppl will get 5 or more bb's in just 1 day so like 35 a week which is just to much imo.

#5 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

Hahaha, I forgot to state this would be only to the last-level quests, because the lowest levels already get enough rewards....

And only if the character is over 141(Or being 150), because level 140 characters can do the 125~140 quests, SO THEY DON'T NEED IT.

So yeah, the game needs more incentive to the level 150 players, where is when I get your point. Eden Badges, you can get either at a level 150 quest or a level 90 quest, so why having extra effort for the same reward? The only thing after 150 is KVM gearing (Which you can do with eden badges, aka with a level 90 alt) and WOE.

With the current incentivating, what to do after 150? MAKE A NEW CHARACTER. This is what is lame with the current gameplay right now. At this rate, GMs should put Red Envelopes as turnin prizes, to give EXP to new alts.

Could even have a level 150 only turnins, with a few (CARDLESS OF COURSE) boss huntings. And the bloody branch as the prize (being a prize able to drop cards). Or something else less boring to higher levels to do.

Edited by asayuu, 02 June 2012 - 07:01 AM.

#6 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:17 AM

I like the idea of the boss type TI, but most of the mobs we fight at our level are miniboss anyways (discluding scarabas) so I think we're still entitled to some sort of compensation for it (or just nerf rangers already so ti's aren't so easy and boring).

I'm thinking it would best to have 1 BB earned per TI group (make it so You have to finish both first to get a BB), this would make it so the VIP members only have to run it once to get their BB and non VIP have to do both counts (1 at a time unless they have the temp VIP status) before gaining theirs. Again this would make it so they aren't flooding the market, but there would be enough their prices would stay low so people would rather use them and hope for an MVP card instead of selling them for profit.

#7 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

Or it could cause a lot of 150s with like job 30...

#8 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 12:54 PM

Least they'd have stats capped out. RK's only need job 35 to have all their better skills maxed

#9 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:00 PM

Least they'd have stats capped out. RK's only need job 35 to have all their better skills maxed

Okay, but do you know how many classes need better job levels? I rushed to 150 on my Sorc, and that was one of the worst ideas I had.

I still like the idea, but I feel as if it would be better if it were 150/50.

#10 Tyrael

Tyrael

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 01:02 PM

I would be on with that. Although job levels come a lot faster from grinded and TI exp when you can do the higher lvl TIs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users