• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:07 PM

This guide is current as of version 414 ROSE Evolution

With the somewhat recent boost to mob difficulty, soloing kings and Giants have become nearly impossible to solo at level -100. So far I've found 1 Class to be effective enough to farm them, with the proper build of course.

As of currently the only class I can stand toe-to-toe with a king is a Soldier [Knight] class.

My build for this was rather simple.

At level 65 my skills were as follows.

Repose 9
Defensive Training 9
Weapon Mastery 9
Double/Triple strike 9
Soul Wreck 1
Battle Alertness 1 [for soul wreck requirement]
One Hand Mastery 9
Shield Mastery 5
Fatal Thrust 4

Gems and Gear
Full Set of refined 9 Reinforced Trunket Armor, with Lion Bakcshield 9 bonus stats STR
Jewelry & Gems: Lvl 20 HP recovery jewely with Zircon 7's in all slots.
I total this gave me 300+180+reinforced bonuses throughout all levels + %'s from gems.
At minimum My HP regen was around 530HP recovery, with around 2.5-3k defense.

Taking down the king is nothing but a series of potting, and waiting, you're strikes won't kill it fast, but it WILL go down, and it won't 3 shot you in the process.

-Note: this is only attacking slightly orange and yellow kings, not red-purple-

With this build I farmed a Dark Buster Axe, Falchion Gladius and Gatling Multilauncher. The hardest about this build to be honest, was finding the Zircon, they're not a high demand gem, but they work AMAZING for almost all classes to use for leveling without a healer/party. -Muse's should get MP recovery, as they can always learn the shared class healing skill.-

This is all for now, the weapon I used for this test was the IM lv 20-9x 1Hand Sword, so it has less AP than a Unique, but it didn't require me to go banana sandwich with rubies and STR gear.

My next test will be a battle muse/cleric will summons and healing. I want to test the ability to use the sword for tanking mobs, and only healing them as a solo farmer, but this will require time for me to get the proper gears. more-so to find someone with endowed armors and MP% cost reduction weapon craft, or just make my own dealer for that. Happy Farming

-Feuer

#2 IchigoXitachi

IchigoXitachi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 206 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:33 AM

Nice guide mate.

Although personally I prefer using a Hawker/raider when farming, the whole farming cycle is as below:

Posted Image

I found that by using this cycle, the way I create a farming character is a lot better than what I used to.
When making my farmers I also decide against the use of any attack skills, I only choose to grab the passives, as at a lower level I have noticed that unless you have massive loads of either con or sen, skill DMG on a whole is not as good as just single hitting the mob/King.

My preferred build:
Lvl 50 Farmer ( Hawker, either katars for the ASPD for duals for the AP )
Combat Mastery: Max
Knuckle Mastery: Max
Focused Impact: Max ( but only as a prerequisite to use the passives below )
Katar Mastery: Lvl 5
or if going Duals
Dual weapon Mastery: Lvl 5

Lvl 100 Farmer ( Raider, either Katars for Aspd or Duals for AP )
As Above
Then:
Sprint: Lvl 5
Quick reflexes: Lvl 5
Combat Weapon Mastery: Max
Advanced Katar Mastery: Max
Precision Slash: Max

or for Duals:

Sprint: Lvl 5
Quick reflexes: Lvl 5
Combat Weapon Mastery: Max
Advanced Dual Weapon Mastery: Max
Precision Assault: Max

Gear:
As for your gear, its totally up to you guys what you choose to use for farming, as feuer is using Rein gear, I'll suggest using Dark ( for katars ) or Legendary ( for duals ), If your pro enough, then go farm some valor points and grab some brave or courage gear and ref it up a little

Weapons:

Katars: With a grade 3/4/5 Weap, you can refine this bad boy to about 10 if your patient, slot it and stick a P7 inside, or find a gem that complements your Gear, ofc if you have access to a unique, then use it.

Duals: Same as katars, ref those swords up as much as you can, Gem wise, I'd go with either a D7 or P7, same rule applies, gem is dependant on your chosen Gear. Same again, if you have access to a unique, then use it.

Acc:

For both types of raider / hawker, Id suggest either a Gale set for Lvl 100's or a Sharp Set ( NPC Bellia, Junon, Lvl 50 )

I prefer the AP Duals build if I'm going to farm Kings at higher levels as most of the time someone is there with a huge cannon ( max lvl 220 on a medal ) and me being closer to the king ensures I get at least a half decent chance of getting the drop ( depending on total DMG dealt/1st hit/and other *secret* factors ) :)

Lets keep this thread going with more farming builds :)

Edited by IchigoXitachi, 03 June 2012 - 01:44 AM.

#3 Didah

Didah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts
  • Server:Draconis, Leonis

Posted 22 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

Cleric is a good farmer because I have one too

#4 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Cleric is a good farmer because I have one too

Please explain why a cleric is a good farmer, because you have one doesn't make them a good farmer lol, what perks do they have?

#5 Didah

Didah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:11 PM

Does that means your lvl +100 muse/cleric is not a good farmer?

#6 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconics

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:05 PM

I guess the ability to Aoe and Heal is an added bonus, but no different than a champ aoe'ing and potting :)

Maybe the mdef increase from the int suppresses monster stuns.... :o

Didah post your Farmer here so we can see better how your farming cleric/muse works :)

#7 Didah

Didah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 415 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

I guess the ability to Aoe and Heal is an added bonus, but no different than a champ aoe'ing and potting :)

Maybe the mdef increase from the int suppresses monster stuns.... :o

Didah post your Farmer here so we can see better how your farming cleric/muse works :)

I don't really use aoe unless I am attacked by two or more monsters or when I want to see lightning.

Depend on which heal skill u use. Which heal skill do you mostly use to farm kings?

I like to know why some people think cleric may not be a good farmer first

Edited by Didah, 27 June 2012 - 01:41 PM.

#8 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconics

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:45 AM

I sometimes use food to heal, depends on my farmers Def, if I have my cleric with me I use her Pt Heal to keep me topped up on hp, Its not botting if you click the king once with your farming character, then swap screens to heal with your cleric :)

#9 GrungyPhReaK

GrungyPhReaK

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 336 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:54 AM

I usually use my cleric to heal both of my low level knights and katar raiders

Currently I use the level 70 dodge rate accesory on the hawker and level 70 defense accesory on the knight.

If I use the level 70 hp recovery with the zircons(hp recovery) would I not need the cleric? It seems your saying you can but yeah.

#10 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:56 PM

I usually use my cleric to heal both of my low level knights and katar raiders

Currently I use the level 70 dodge rate accesory on the hawker and level 70 defense accesory on the knight.

If I use the level 70 hp recovery with the zircons(hp recovery) would I not need the cleric? It seems your saying you can but yeah.

Yes and No? You need some time of slow heals, When I tested this out, and to my surprise, I very infrequently needed HP foods/pots. In order to get that high of a HP recovery rate thoguh you have to max all the HP passives and use reinforced gears with an HP recovery+Z7 combo. This pumps your HP recovery up sooo high, that if a boss is melee attacking, you dont need pots, if it uses skills, you will need some. But defo not need a cleric to keep you alive.

As for Didah, the point of this thread is to post King farming guides that we have tested out, not ask us to go make one for you to use.

If you want a really good Cleric farmer, you need MP recovery, Def set of Jewelry with MP recovery gems, and Reinf or Def+ armors. Use a magic tool so you can take advantage of the higher block% chance, and either choose the magic spells in support/cleric tree, or use summons, AoE will do less damage to a king than a strong single target spell.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users