Another one of the 300 "performers are useless" thread. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Another one of the 300 "performers are useless" thread.

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:30 AM

And for the classic wandering issues. Bellum patch must come already, I want my song amplifiers to instant cast everything without fixed casts. Deep Sleep status needs to be fixed, the INT immunity is lame, but yeah, pre-balance patch the skill was stupid. 98% chance in half-screen AOE, and Arullo with 100% chance wherever it throws. And if you were NOT 150 (or was intless class), you took years during the status, like 20 seconds or more. There was a time my linker got stuck on Deep Sleep for 50 seconds. But yeah. Now the skill is heavily bugged. So first the skill must work like the formulas on the balance patch data said. 60% chance to work at everyone, for around 8 seconds. It's enough. This INT immunity must disappear, because as the duration (and success rate) is way lower, there is no reason to keep them.

Siren is pretty much the "cute skill which got useless after balance". Even with half second of aftercast, there is not much you can do in 2 seconds (maximum REAL duration of level 5 Siren). Fever and Sinking have fixed cast times, and well, no other skills can cover it. Siren only catches non-150 characters now. Would be nice if the formula was reversed. Like:

Duration: [(3 * Skill Level) + {(Target’s Base Level / 10) + (Target’s Job Level / 5)} - 12] seconds

So the skill would be perfect to catch the 150 characters. If Siren could not be broken on next hit, it would be another story too, would not need that massive skill change. But the additional job level resistance is what breaks the skill.

Duration: (12 + 3 * Skill Level) - {(Target’s Base Level / 10) + (Target’s Job Level / 5)} seconds

Without this, the skill would last 12 seconds on targets if it worked. And it would be in no way in hell overpowered, because it breaks on next hit, or next performer song (Circle of Nature is used to break the normal charm, but another Siren also works.)

Gloomy is something funny. I have a logic when I talk about Gloomy. If cast by a Maestro, it's a debuff, if cast by a wanderer, it's a buff. Why? BECAUSE SLOW GRACE IS WAY BETTER. Devs should allow SG stack with Gloomy again to make wanderers the doom of ANY ctrl+click class.

And Gloomy should work on performer skills. Not Severe Rainstorm, but Arrow Vulcan and the Reverberation (sound) skill tree (aka: Things you can use with a whip), and be able to be self-casted in this case.

The sound skill tree looks cool, except for three reasons:
1- Reverberation: Split damage.
2- Metallic Sound: They create a MATK skill in an ARCHER class. Where is the sense on this?
3- Great Echo: DAMN. TEN. SECONDS. COOLDOWN.

And Reverberation. DAMN SPLIT DAMAGE GO AWAY. The skill is as effective as... Double Strafe on level 1, but twice as strong on level 5. Good, except for the lame activation area (1x1. Even being able to cast below targets, this activation area is lame. Ranger's Cluster Bomb can't even do this, it must obey the "trap rules"), but the split damage is stupid. Actually anything with split damage is stupid. So unnerf hunter traps too. Suicidal Destruction should have split damage, just to KNOW the pain of split damages.

Metallic Sound is a cool skill. 1200% damage on max level (but level 1 is the most effective level), if Voice Lessons is maxed, drain SP on hit. Cool huh, except the 1200% is MATK. The best weapon a Maestro can equip for MS is Bazerald (Or Ancient Dagger). A. DAGGER. A wanderer can get Rose Vine... When Ancient Dragon (Yeah that thing in Mora) have their drops fixed to drop the whip. To make Metallic Sound useful, they need to create a 250+ MATK instrument and whip which casts Mystical Amplification 10 by chance. Or add Destruction to KVM whip, but this is another topic I want to state later.

And Great Echo is the last skill of the tree. GE is supposed to be the ultimate performer skill... Except of how horrible the DPS is. GE pretty much should be the performer's Arrow Storm... Except for the 10 seconds cooldown. HELL ARROW STORM IS 3.2s. And the best I could reach with it was 12k. With Elven Bow. GE needs a White Wing-type buff. And a HEAVILY lowered cooldown.

Well, it all comes to the equipment. Arrow Storm is useless without WW set and Elven Bow. Just ask any Shadow Chaser about how strong their Arrow Storms are. Or sura fist/GoH without KVMs. Yeah, performers have no useful equipment. Wonder when they would come.

I have no time right now, but I will write more later.

Point is. Performers need new equipment. But what, when the class is pretty much broken on all sides?

Some "omg double severe rainstorm damage" equipment? Okay, the class will be a PVM-only class, pretty much like Rangers. "But the skill will be overpowered". *rant mode on*
Spoiler
*rant mode off*

There are so many broken things, that making one equipment for each broken thing... Will take 8 or 9 sets. Three of them being female-exclusive, because maestros have four things which make them superior:

1- Berserk Guitar
2- Magic Strings
3- Harmonize
4- One wide status effect which work [Frost Joke, or Unbarring Octave]

And of course, battleground weapons should be made useful, because they have a small problem (aka being useless).

So maybe, a suggestion proposal to change the effects of both battlegrounds performer weapons would be pretty nice, besides ideas for new equipment.

Edited by asayuu, 04 June 2012 - 11:06 AM.

#2 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:50 AM

Why you make epic topics that I have to lrn2read D:

I agree Great Echo could be so much more useful without the insane cool down.

Edited by Inubashiri, 04 June 2012 - 07:51 AM.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:58 AM

I've basically given up on the class and moved on to other classes, as any suggested changes really don't do anything. All we got is "performers MIGHT get mora / new class specific gears" and it seems pretty dependent on kRO. There just isn't much point on playing a performer as a main or trying to convince GMs to do something about it in the near future (probably 2+ years).

I might actually make a maestro as a strings slave though. But hey, isn't "slave" already implied when making a performer? /heh

#4 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

Why you make epic topics that I have to lrn2read D:

I agree Great Echo could be so much more useful without the insane cool down.

Good I'm not posting my skill tree proposal change :heh: <3

Two wordpad pages and I only talked about support skills (aka buffs). No fever, no deep sleep, no other stuff yet... Yeah.

Now I will write moar, now I'm home, about the easy stuff (aka only equipment tweaking). Yes I'm bored so I write about how I am useless :heh:

Now I am playing sorc and Inu will teach me because she is cute :rice:, but I still keep my wanderer because I luv her~

Edited by asayuu, 04 June 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#5 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:02 AM

Plz update the irowiki skill descriptions, I'm thinking of making a maestro. /heh

#6 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

When you are a seasoned RO player, you don't trust descriptions. :heh:

But I thought Akin did it already. (Updating the skill effects to the balance patch)

Edited by asayuu, 04 June 2012 - 11:09 AM.

#7 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Even if these skill suggestions are not taken into consideration, at least hear out my request for bigger, better bust size for my Wanderer. She's flat as a board. :(

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 04 June 2012 - 11:13 AM.

#8 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:30 AM

Even if these skill suggestions are not taken into consideration, at least hear out my request for bigger, better bust size for my Wanderer. She's flat as a board. :(

For now you can stick with this image

Spoiler

#9 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:00 PM

Good I'm not posting my skill tree proposal change :heh: <3

Two wordpad pages and I only talked about support skills (aka buffs). No fever, no deep sleep, no other stuff yet... Yeah.

Now I will write moar, now I'm home, about the easy stuff (aka only equipment tweaking). Yes I'm bored so I write about how I am useless :heh:

Now I am playing sorc and Inu will teach me because she is cute :rice:, but I still keep my wanderer because I luv her~

<3

#10 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:30 PM

Plz update the irowiki skill descriptions, I'm thinking of making a maestro. /heh

IT'S A WIKI - UPDATE IT YOURSELF.

CONCEPT OF A WIKI - COMMUNITY WORK TOGETHER AND UPDATE IT. I'm sick of updating the wiki for lazy people like you who just demand everyone else does it and cries about it not being done.

Edited by Xellie, 04 June 2012 - 01:30 PM.

#11 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Are you stalking my posts or something?

I do make updates, on stuff I'm knowledgeable about. I've played with asayuu in game and I know she knows a helluva lot more about performers than I do, especially things that aren't explicitly written in descriptions. I was just making a suggestion on how she could unbore herself potentially. Ugh.

#12 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 04:26 PM

It'd be nice if we had some way to tell whether kRO is even aware and working on the situation with performers. (Or any other class for that matter.) We've been stuck twiddling our thumbs ever since the balance patch with no sign of anything...

I've been tempted to go into skill specifics, but I feel it'd just be a waste of time trying to suggest changes to them when anything I suggest would likely never factor into kRO's balancing decisions.

And while we're here:

When Ancient Dragon (Yeah that thing in Mora) have their drops fixed to drop the whip.

Is there some way to alert them to the complete lack of the Rosevine dropping? I sent in a ticket asking about it, and all they said was that it was a rare drop, which means it either must be 0.02-0.03%, or simply bugged and they don't know. =/ If it's a card drop rate then that's just stupid; they should at least up it to 1% and throw us a bone for the underpowered skills.

#13 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

Apparently, most RO official info says the whip drops in 1%. I never saw any around though.

#14 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:01 PM

Apparently, most RO official info says the whip drops in 1%. I never saw any around though.

Kinda wishing I didn't sell the one I got from Wandering Purple Dragon to the NPC now...

#15 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 10 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

Kinda wishing I didn't sell the one I got from Wandering Purple Dragon to the NPC now...

Don't worry, that horrific, bone-chilling noise you heard was only Ahine's heart breaking.

On the upside, maybe Inu's new equipment set will help with some of these issues, if you hadn't worked on the project and knew differently.

#16 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:04 AM

Whaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Oh wait, you're on a different server anyway. xD

One actually dropped from the dragon though?

#17 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 05:17 AM

D:

D:

D:

Well, yeah, I am part of the project, but the project is limited, we can't touch PVP balance with it. And performers are broken everywhere. On pre-balance, my wanderer was a pretty decent MVP killer, I could solo a few lower and mid tier bosses (the best thing I could beat was OL, I know very bad, but great for the race)

And the wanderer hat is being re-evaluated again. Oh how people can't stop complaining...

#18 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

I'm making a Maestro for a pure strings slave. I reached the pinnacle of the whole class in one day in terms of skills (base level 65, magic strings and music lessons maxed). "Slave" is kind of implied when you're playing a performer though. :heh: MC slave, strings slave, GK slave, CP slave... all I'm looking forward to is getting 90+ VIT and base level HP modifier so I won't get one-shotted by MVPs, and being a windmill rush slave.

I would actually say to leave Severe Rainstorm alone. The damage isn't great but it's not BAD... we could just let other classes take a jab at the monsters while we're waiting on the cooldown. Or switch to stringing / GKing. Instead, buff the debuffing third class skills slightly to make it a debuffing / disabling WoE oriented class. Make it sorta similar to the role of a Sorc / SC. Good at WoE, average at PVM, bad at MVP = balance.

#19 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 June 2012 - 12:51 PM

It'd be nice if they were stronger, I mainly use my maestro as a pefect dodge tank these days. I should really concintrate and 150 my maestro. . .

#20 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:10 PM

More creativity mode for me...

Gloom Chime [1]
A cursed device found hanging in the underhalls of Glast Heim. What could it be used for?
LUK -5, INT +2, MATK +20. Increases the damage of [Metallic Sound] and [Great Echo] by 25%.

If worn with Sound Amplifier, increase the damage of [Metallic Sound] and [Great Echo] by an additional 25%.
If equipped with a whip type weapon, MATK +5%.
If equipped with a instrument type weapon, ATK +3%.

When casting [Metallic Sound] there is a 100% chance to automatically cast [Gloomy Shyness] on the target.

Type: Accessory
Req. Level: 110
Weight: 10
Job: Wanderer or Maestro

Siren's Sea Shell [1]
Worn in the hair, this magical sea shell calls upon the spirits of the deadly sirens to protect its wearer.
Vit +2, Int +2.
Reduce damage from demi-human enemies by 10%. Increase damage from all other enemy types by 20%.
When attacked, there is a chance to cast [Siren's Voice] level 1 or the highest level learned.

If equipped with a whip or instrument type weapon, increases the success rate of [Deep Sleep Lullaby] by 10%

Req. Level: 130
Weight: 10
Job: Wanderer or Maestro

Resounding Melody Flute [3] / Resounding Melody Chain [3]
A magical flute retrieved from a lake that was guarded by a faerie. Or something.
Dex +3, Int +3. MATK +40.

Increase MATK by 10 per refine.
If upgraded +9 or higher, MATK +20.
if Upgraded +12 or higher, MATK +30.

When casting [Reverberation] there is a 50% chance to automatically cast [Reverberation] of the highest level learned on the same target 0.1 seconds later.

Type: Instrument / Whip
ATK: 170
Weapon Level: 4
Weight: 120
Req. Level: 125
Required Jobs: Wanderer or Maestro

#21 kentoriyama

kentoriyama

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:37 PM

It'd be cool to see improvised song be useful, like a hindsight/shadow spell type menu. With the spells changed/added at each level. Then a maestro could strings while casting SG, if only to freeze noobs without freezing noob guildies (frost joke.)

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:44 PM

I would love to get some nice buff on Improvised Song. xD

Well, not to the point that Performers would do better than High Wizards in the magic department.

#23 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:55 PM

I am not sure how to buff improvised song at all

He's a try...

Chaos Orb
Super awesome orb that when you hold it, improvised song is awesome!

When casting [Improvised Song] there is a 20% chance to auto-cast safety wall on yourself.
When casting [Improvised Song] there is a 20% chance to auto-cast Pneuma on yourself.

Reduced Fixed Cast time of [Lord of Vermilion], [Storm Gust], and [Meteor Storm] by 100%.

When casting [Storm Gust] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Lord of Vermilion]
When casting [Cold Bolt] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Fire Bolt] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Lightning Bolt] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Fire Wall] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Meteor Storm] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Thunderstorm] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Napalm Beat] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Fire Wall] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]
When casting [Soul Strike] there is a 100% chance to cast level 10 [Storm Gust]

Job: wanderer or maestro

------

basically no matter what spell you get with improvised song, it will then do SG and LoV after xD

Edited by Jaye, 12 June 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#24 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:08 PM

^
Wouldn't that create an infinite loop?

#25 Kadelia