June 5th, Anniversary Maintenance! - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 5th, Anniversary Maintenance!

• Please log in to reply
201 replies to this topic

#51 johnnyz

johnnyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:20 PM

They will be 300 pts, they should likely be 500pts, but we offered them at 300, so that is what it is.

Boxter is leaving as well this maint.

Right now Cure Free and all the other methods don't clear those Homun S statuses, so it is a bug that is a bit OP to leave in now that it is a known method. We should be getting a skill update patch in the upcoming weeks, it will be reevaluated then and restored to its normal goodness.

if that's the case heim, can you also disable volcanic ash? or just silent breeze?

#52 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:22 PM

Enriched is back from Mexico however it seems he's spending time in Italy now, I dont think he'll be back for a while yet ._.

Damn Italians for attracting too many tourists!

#53 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:25 PM

Is Enriched Hammer back from his vacation in Mexico yet? All of us are dying to get our Chibi Popes upgraded. :D

The question would be "did he came back alive from Mexico??"

PS: Creza-chan, marry my warlock on Ygg =)

Red pom band need it now!!!

Now everyone would have +12's Pom hat... Me and my 5 +12's Pom Hats (1 on each of my warlocks/sorcerers across RO) won't feel special anymore...

Edited by Wizard, 05 June 2012 - 08:26 PM.

#54 GryphonYoyo

GryphonYoyo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 338 posts
  • Server:ymir

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:26 PM

hey!!!! i resemble that remark!!

#55 KodeX

KodeX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts
  • LocationEU Ban
  • Server:Ex iRO Chaos

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:27 PM

Any update on the homunculus flee bug?

#56 LangyLang

LangyLang

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:35 PM

There's one thing I would like to see in the updates some day is the increase in storage size. You have the heavy weigh for increasing the ability to carry more how about a heavy weigh box for more storage spaces?

And I kept seeing ppl biatching about this one charged too much and that one over priced and this person trying to cheat this person. It is called SUPPLY and DEMAND! If you don't want to pay the price don't buy it! No one twisted anyone's arm to buy anything. Be it some prices are too high because there are low in supplies and some prices are too low because they are too many of that items for example the week before - carga mace. And sometimes the prices are low because the vendors want the zenny NOW. No matter what the circumstances maybe, you as a buyer DO NOT HAVE TO BUY!!

#57 Masterpiece

Masterpiece

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 376 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:37 PM

GM's Version of surprise:
2x exp only then 2x drops only another week, Enriched Hammer, Back Gear Eater back, More +10 Certs, lousy turn ins with too little mobs to start, then when every one complains so they over mob it, New Hats that every one wants because they are better then anything before that instance, and mvp summons on random ass times when no one's paying attention.

My Version of a good surprise:
3x exp/drops (when's the last time we had that? pre- valk?), Every one get's 1 week-month of VIP, Increased EXP from Prize Medals, because they will be inside the kafra boxes, MVP summoner back, Event to earn the hats that will surely be in the Kafra Boxes to make it fair for those who aren't ballin like rick james, Troy comes back, and Gm's occasionally do well orchestrated events to Summon mobs and a few MVPs (I would suggest asking Ultimate to help for ymir server one).

Another Suprise I thought of but I didn't know if it would be good or bad. Is raffle comes back to drain zeny out of economy.

They should do a Troy version of that zeny draining event but idk if it's good because usualy every one gets crabby because there's no zeny left.

#58 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:40 PM

I thought silent breeze was countered with Cure Free. According to a kRO patch notice Cure Free should work against it. I guess we well be hearing a lot of Genetics complaining about a Homunculus S change soon. LoL. Way to start the Summer. :p_sad:

That was a bug fix on kRO, not iRO. We did not receive the fix yet.

#59 johnnyz

johnnyz

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:44 PM

so I still want an answer for volcanic ash as well... it can't be cure and it's 40 SECONDS, worse than silent breeze?!

#60 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:55 PM

not to be sarcastic, but there has never been a straight up server wide 3x/3x. its nice to dream though.
I do kind of wish monsters would drop 2x the amount of items. not 2x droprate but just straight up 2x drop amount of loots.(No boss/mvp of course/equipables) It may requires double the monster drop slot per monster i guess.
I dont know the mechanics, but Say you kill 1 migao, it could drop 2 of the same items instead of one type available. So 2 sand patches will drop.

Edited by Ashore, 05 June 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#61 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:59 PM

.... o_o
i see porings...
Posted Image

LoL. Nice one. Gonna be electrifying.

Posted Image

I can see it now, everyone qq-ing on forum, having been blown to bits.

#62 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

so I still want an answer for volcanic ash as well... it can't be cure and it's 40 SECONDS, worse than silent breeze?!

Good call. It also has an Aoe effect vs silence breeze, which affects 1 playera at time when casting.
By logic wouldnt non counterable skills have to be temporary be removed like silent breeze? especially if its
from homunculus S?

or do we need alot of people to email suggestions through the power interest groups to affect action?

OR leave silent breeze in?

Does it affect woe power balance that much to have it removed? Please consider the audience of the emails you get. Are they from the same guild or alliance? Could the amount of emails being sent by the alliance/guilds just want a skill removed because woe battles strength in numbers are outmatched by few Eira using genetics casting the skill on a player 1 by 1 ( because Eira can cast on 1 player at a time) . What is the benefit of a Homuculus anyways? its a pet type monster that helps its master , the genetic.

It takes skills to play any class. Just because genetics have access to silent breeze does it mean there is no other way to disable the opponent? You could fight fire with fire. Some guilds make new classes or recruits the one they need to help win the woe battles.

Why dont other people just make genetics and make Eiras and get that skills to use on opponents instead. It's understandable if they dont want to play genetic or take the time others have to level their Eiras.

Edited by Ashore, 05 June 2012 - 09:08 PM.

#63 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:00 PM

still no summoner?its seems to be hard to edit summoners timers xD

#64 Beemaomao

Beemaomao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

i like x3 exp too, but this guy got a point.

Eira is not that useful to begin with. It is the least popular Homunculus S among all the others. taking silent breeze away is just not helping it. Can we all agree that lvling a vani is way easier than lvling a lif? So now you are making it the same for homunculus S? I see Dieter aoeing while Eira kill one by one. The huge different between the dmg done and range in aoe should make you reconsider about doing anything to silent breeze if not making it better. In addition, Eira is more like a support type, taking a supporting skill away from it is just not fair. You might as well take Ash away from Dieter then.

it is just gross.

#65 ShinWolf

ShinWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 441 posts
  • LocationWhere Purple Drank is King
  • Server:You know that one server

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:09 PM

OH man awesome I can finally leave IRO(small break) on a good note lol

#66 Ashore

Ashore

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 716 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:11 PM

Regarding removal of Eira skill.

If you are player going agaisnt another player who has over powered items ie God items or skills how do u deafeat them?

-find a strategy to defeat
-use a special skill to defeat
-use more players to fight 1 player
-or get the same item/skill (try to be on equal settings ) and try to defeat , meanign get the same buffs /god items/ gear upgrades/cards, etc

the solution currently to COunter silent breeze is to cast it back on against the opponent.

Requirement = people can make genetics and homunculus to counter. they just dont feel like they want to.

I could cry about facing people with god items and try to have GM bann their usage, because usage of those items make the player over powered and hard to defeat. how can the little guy with same upgrades defeat another with super gears?
but that wouldnt make sense.

Maybe I can persurade GMs to remove a skill to make it more conveneient for me to win Woe.

Anyways I've stated my case, if it will affect any changes it has yet to be seen.

Edited by Ashore, 05 June 2012 - 09:31 PM.

#67 Beemaomao

Beemaomao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:12 PM

Good call. It also has an Aoe effect vs silence breeze, which affects 1 playera at time when casting.
By logic wouldnt non counterable skills have to be temporary be removed like silent breeze? especially if its
from homunculus S?

or do we need alot of people to email suggestions through the power interest groups to affect action?

OR leave silent breeze in?

Does it affect woe power balance that much to have it removed? Please consider the audience of the emails you get. Are they from the same guild or alliance? Could the amount of emails being sent by the alliance/guilds just want a skill removed because woe battles strength in numbers are outmatched by few Eira using genetics casting the skill on a player 1 by 1 ( because Eira can cast on 1 player at a time) . What is the benefit of a Homuculus anyways? its a pet type monster that helps its master , the genetic.

It takes skills to play any class. Just because genetics have access to silent breeze does it mean there is no other way to disable the opponent? You could fight fire with fire. Some guilds make new classes or recruits the one they need to help win the woe battles.

Why dont other people just make genetics and make Eiras and get that skills to use on opponents instead. It's understandable if they dont want to play genetic or take the time others have to level their Eiras.

I totally agree, feeding a homunculus to loyal twice is no easy task. Not to mention that no blank card or any other exp manuels work on these homunculus. Making them to the highest lvl is harder to get a renewal 150. I mean, You can burn all zeny and get a lvl 150 in 1 day if you have enough z, but you can't do that with a alchemist pet. Therefore people who has one mean they put hard work, patience, love, and time into it. I took more than a week, to get my pet from 93 to 97. It will take me 1 day to get a trans character to that level.

I thought gravity rewards legitimacy and hard work?

#68 Sully

Sully

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationGreed Island

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:16 PM

Oh god why D: It took me so long to level my eira to get that skill, And now i cant use it...? I'm still killed many time over with it, and why in woe? The guild should be their to help eachother.
If they are alone, the question is, Why are they alone !?!
The guild should e able to wipe ur and ur pet out if they are together
It has interruptable cast, And as said above, it hits 1 player,

P.S I Have never seen anybody else is valk with this skill, Its hard to afk leave ur pet in valk because they only lvl in x2 exp,

Why cant they be like the old KVM weapons? D: Hard To Get, But OP

#69 Beemaomao

Beemaomao

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

Actually a surprise because I don't know what it is yet, and I don't want to be fielding rage about it before you even try it. Our focus this week is the Anniversary, Gramps is barely on the radar.

I am hoping for some fun TI for lvl 132 :D

it has been a little dry imo. ice, spider, knocker, ewwwww

maybe kasa will be nice though, i have VIP, take me anywhere you can imagine :D

#70 heartless132

heartless132

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts
  • LocationTake a guess
  • Server:Chaos,Classic

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:24 PM

A surprise Ti huh i hope it's a port Malaya type Enemy

70-95 Bangungot (0/800)
105-120 Buwaya (0/800)
135-150 Bakonawa (0/800)

Total epicness

#71 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:30 PM

Biggest Surprise Ever! - Get SUMMONER BACK :D

#72 Rafa07

Rafa07

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 909 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie/Classic

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:38 PM

A surprise Ti huh i hope it's a port Malaya type Enemy

70-95 Bangungot (0/800)
105-120 Buwaya (0/800)
135-150 Bakonawa (0/800)

Total epicness

even better
100-150: Kiel(0/400)Fallen(0/400)Beelzbub(0/400)

#73 shOrtz

shOrtz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 944 posts
  • Server:bot infested

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:40 PM

@Heimdallr

Need some official comments on the following:
1: Inubashiri's new equips. Too strong and then having a balance makes no sense to make equips that buff skills plus will end up replacing some kp shop items.

2: 10min a day to clean up some bots on popular bot maps that really affect economy (one map a day 4 days a week possible?).

3: Can you give some details about what you know and we dont about maint like TI, anything else you are working on besides anniversary and chibi and RWC hats.

4: Close old maintenance thread please.

Looks like a awesome maintenance to me plus morocc update.
I like the general direction you are taking. Thx.

Reply at your convenience since im sure your very busy..

Edited by shOrtz, 05 June 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#74 Nine

Nine

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 280 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:49 PM

Biggest Surprise Ever! - Get SUMMONER BACK :D

-Repeatable MVP dungeon for 99+ characters

Bossnia? I am imagining people complaining about MvP cards dropping more than when summoner was added. :p_sad:

#75 ExDarkrb

ExDarkrb

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1234 posts
  • LocationSingapore
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

There's one thing I would like to see in the updates some day is the increase in storage size. You have the heavy weigh for increasing the ability to carry more how about a heavy weigh box for more storage spaces?

And I kept seeing ppl biatching about this one charged too much and that one over priced and this person trying to cheat this person. It is called SUPPLY and DEMAND! If you don't want to pay the price don't buy it! No one twisted anyone's arm to buy anything. Be it some prices are too high because there are low in supplies and some prices are too low because they are too many of that items for example the week before - carga mace. And sometimes the prices are low because the vendors want the zenny NOW. No matter what the circumstances maybe, you as a buyer DO NOT HAVE TO BUY!!

Apparantly you need more economics knowledge, if people buy it, then it is definitely due to the lack of information and this over paying causes welfare loss to the buyer. Eventually to the whole economy. So people SHOULD biatch abt it to make sure the info goes around

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users