Does Bloody Roar, only affects normal attack combo? - Warrior Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Does Bloody Roar, only affects normal attack combo?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Mugetsucaelum

Mugetsucaelum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Just wanna ask, Im curious.

#2 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:08 PM

No, it affects everything.

#3 Mugetsucaelum

Mugetsucaelum

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

Oh I thought it doesn't affect skills. the other forums sucks making me believe its only use for normal attack speed builds -_-". What was the buff at lvl 5 again??

#4 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:revreS

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

+60% max phys attack
-1% hp a second (automatically turns off @ 10% max hp or less)
Some base defense dropped.

#5 Satisfy

Satisfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:13 PM

Bloody Roar is extremely viable in my case. Being an Overlord with great attack speed and equipped with an end-game eclipse earring (10% HP restore on regular attacks), really would cancel out the defense drop and hp drop when engaging in PvE. I read that Myrimidon/Overlords never use normal attacks, but I enjoy it a lot and it's been a part of my own build ever since. I haven't consumed or bought HP pots since I obtained the earring.

Edited by Satisfy, 14 August 2012 - 06:15 PM.

#6 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 08:08 PM

Bloody Roar is extremely viable in my case. Being an Overlord with great attack speed and equipped with an end-game eclipse earring (10% HP restore on regular attacks), really would cancel out the defense drop and hp drop when engaging in PvE. I read that Myrimidon/Overlords never use normal attacks, but I enjoy it a lot and it's been a part of my own build ever since. I haven't consumed or bought HP pots since I obtained the earring.

Yea but you'd need a 5 star Avice or Kryos (Kryos being rare from pre-New Origins) for level 5/5 Bloody Roar's 1% hp drain a second.

The trick with bloody roar only a few Myrm's/Overlords I've seen (including myself) do is to have it on for the duration of a combo in PvP. It's literally no cast time and can be triggered inbetween attacks and turned off as long as you aren't stunned or frozen. It helps getting past those defensive types. Seeing your Phys Attk break 60,000 on a +20 Zauharant you will obviously see a difference in damage.

The chain combo's for Myrm's are a beautiful asset for us IMO especially in PvE where all of them are useful and have some good damage against normal mobs. Some I don't like such as the charging up finishing hit as it's just a Demolition charge for lower levels which wasn't worthwhile to begin with.

I use Bloody Roar as a boss killer in PvE. It gives me a smile to see me combo it w/ God of Fury and kill Bone Dragon in under 30 seconds. A crit w/ any skill being backed by Bloody Roar w/ decent CD is a frightening power. I've literally pulled Crit's from I'm gone bear on bosses passing 400-500k damage at 5/5. I've seen teammates go "wtf" when a boss get's groggied and I killed them before the team gets started attacking.

It's essentially a glass cannon mode to keep it on always. And it turns itself off @ 10% or lower hp remaining. If you wanna have Bloody Roar on always in PvE I suggest having a Slow heal mage in the party with lvl 5+ slow heal or Invokers healing you up alot. The defense drop strangely is Base Defenses which doesn't drop your defense too low.

#7 Satisfy

Satisfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:30 PM

I didn`t realize there were more earrings with similar HP recovery stats like mine above level (i assume so; haven`t looked into the stats for 5 star Avice or Kryos yet[if you can tell me, that would be great!]). I started playing 3 weeks ago and I already feel like somewhat a vet, but I can definitely learn a lot more from you.

#8 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:47 PM

5 star Avice can be found @ F7 Haven of Peace and F7 Dragon's Valley. However a full 1-50 run of those F7's can be pretty difficult without the right team/build and you won't get the specific earring everytime you open the box.

5 star Kryos is a rare unobtainable variant from F7 Kryos Pre-New Origins which changed F7. Those earrings are better than Avice however due to rarity few actually are willing to sell without wanting a good amount of gold. Again F7 Kryos was the same map you see for F7 Valley but different monsters so again a 1-50 wasn't easy to do w/o the right team/build.

The eclipse earrings HP steal works only for X-attacks? If so then Myrmidon's chain combos aren't the hardest hitting tbh. High attack speed is needed combined with decent CR/CD to even match to our bear skills, gust slash, Wyvern blade, Rising storm, etc. They outdamaged Whirlwind guaranteed IMO and they can combo well with other skills. But just using them to keep bloody roar on constantly? I doubt it'd be good because again our skills can extremely out-damage chain combos but some chain combo's hit harder in faster time w/ attack speed. It's a tough choice but balancing combos and skills is what I like to do so that may help as well.

And for eclipse earrings, it's recovering X amount of hp on attack with a certain % chance of happening when you do. 5/5 Bloody Roar is 1% hp drain every second until you hit 10% max hp or below. Combined with potions the highest variants of the rings could out-heal your damage. But on bosses it'd be a tough call due to them only flinching either randomly or during groggy. Chain combos aren't the best for filling Fury mode's groggy bar so that's where your normal skills will come in to fill it quickly. (Which would be gust slash, both bears, death stinger, Wyvern blade, and maybe Rising storm) And with other bosses that don't use a Fury mode/Groggy state mechanic, that's all on your skills. I don't know if eclipse only works with x-attacks or chain combos however.

#9 Satisfy

Satisfy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

I forgot to mention I only spam X (no chain-combos) with eclipse earring and sometimes with bloody roar active when I find that I am low on HP and needing some HP recovery. Aside from that bit, I do most of my PvE applying skill combos like every other Myrmidons/Overlords. As far as my bloody roar, I currently have it sitting at Lv.1. Works well so far, but when I decide to max it, I will consider your suggestions.

EDIT: HP recovery is also triggered from activated skills.

Edited by Satisfy, 15 August 2012 - 08:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users