Thursday June 7th mini-maint - Page 19 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday June 7th mini-maint

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
521 replies to this topic

#451 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

please allow xfers from ygg to ymir i dont want to be on a pre-renewal server.....

#452 DarkDan

DarkDan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1280 posts
  • Server:Valk

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:26 PM

I hope the good Ygg players come to valk lol. Come on Jaye and Cerulean. We could use you lol. Get us crappy valk players in line. :e4:

#453 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:28 PM

please allow xfers from ygg to ymir i dont want to be on a pre-renewal server.....

They announced that there will be an NPC in Eden Next Maint to vote whether you want your account to be transferred to Ygg or Ymir, I'm not sure if VIP is required to transfer to Ymir... they have not made that quite clear yet.

#454 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

In the most recent screenshot there are less than 70 people in south pront, you can even count them. I wouldn't care if they merged Ymir with Ygg instead, as long as they made it VIP and got rid of the bots. I mean Ygg takes the worst qualities of ymir and valk and combines it into one server. I mean you have the low population and bots? Why are you even there?
But I'm not a whiny-_- like the ygg players posting false numbers and assumptions that haven't even been confirmed by GMs. I'll gladly merge with Ygg if they get rid of the bots there. You realize they are scrapping ygg because it is the least financially viable server, it's not just because you lie all the time.

[mod]Oda: No more, Plushy. Leave it be. [/mod]

#455 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:30 PM

They announced that there will be an NPC in Eden Next Maint to vote whether you want your account to be transferred to Ygg or Ymir, I'm not sure if VIP is required to transfer to Ymir... they have not made that quite clear yet.

From what I know, you don't need VIP to play on Ymir, you need VIP to create characters on Ymir. Paying for VIP just gets you all of the nifty bonuses.

#456 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:31 PM

Okay that's enough arguing... If you wanna argue take it to PMs or calm it down a lot. All this arguing is unnecessary FFS.

@Lynex: I know you need VIP to create characters but I'm unsure if you need a current VIP Subscription to be able to transfer to Ymir, they haven't cleared that up yet because if not then all the bots can transfer too unless they put a fail-safe in place.

Edited by Senkasa, 07 June 2012 - 05:32 PM.

#457 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

^this... alot of people from valk/ymir went to ygg to siege to take advantage in the gap in player skill

edit: idk if this is happening, but the ygg players should have the op to choose wat server they want to switch to thro wp service and any left over accounts get thrown onto valk

This is what's happening, it is the very first post, but Ygg people can't read so they need an audio file as well.

#458 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

In the most recent screenshot there are less than 70 people in south pront, you can even count them. I wouldn't care if they merged Ymir with Ygg instead, as long as they made it VIP and got rid of the bots. I mean Ygg takes the worst qualities of ymir and valk and combines it into one server. I mean you have the low population and bots? Why are you even there?
But I'm not a whiny-_- like the ygg players posting false numbers and assumptions that haven't even been confirmed by GMs. I'll gladly merge with Ygg if they get rid of the bots there. You realize they are scrapping ygg because it is the least financially viable server, it's not just because you lie all the time.

Some people don't understand what it takes to keep a business afloat.

#459 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.

I think they are bringing a pre-renewal server not only to give already official ragnarok players a feel for pre-renewal, but they are also thinking that with the release of an OFFICIAL PRE-Renewal Server, people from all over the private servers will flock back to official ragnarok. Loose 100-200 people and transfer the rest to valk and ymir, but they potentially could stand to gain thousands of players.

#460 DrPaddles

DrPaddles

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:33 PM

This is what's happening, it is the very first post, but Ygg people can't read so they need an audio file as well.

You are literally the most obnoxious prick.

#461 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

I think they are bringing a pre-renewal server not only to give already official ragnarok players a feel for pre-renewal, but they are also thinking that with the release of an OFFICIAL PRE-Renewal Server, people from all over the private servers will flock back to official ragnarok. Loose 100-200 people and transfer the rest to valk and ymir, but they potentially could stand to gain thousands of players.

With big business comes big risks, we will have to wait and see what happens in the next year...

#462 twotails

twotails

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 59 posts
  • Server:ygg

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

so the pre server mines no eden, biofrost, mora, new world and the old exp tree and emp is not a plant type so u can do more than 1 dmg to it?

#463 Velad

Velad

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:35 PM

As a former Iris player; renewal did far more damage to the player base than killing a low population server did. This is a good move. I am already talking with people who are going to return and check it out when it goes live. See you soon.

#464 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio

Okay that's enough arguing... If you wanna argue take it to PMs or calm it down a lot. All this arguing is unnecessary FFS.

@Lynex: I know you need VIP to create characters but I'm unsure if you need a current VIP Subscription to be able to transfer to Ymir, they haven't cleared that up yet because if not then all the bots can transfer too unless they put a fail-safe in place.

I'm pretty sure they'll be out with a large ban-hammer after the merge. I'm not really worried, sure there are bots on Ymir, but they usually don't last all that long. I usually see them harvesting Bear Footskins and Mandragora Blossoms.

#465 DeathDealer

DeathDealer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 437 posts
  • LocationJefferson State
  • Server:Chaos

lol at Ygg having more players than Ymir! Minus the bots and you will see that Ymir's population is greater than Yggs. I would love to have more competition on Ymir but i have to say Gravity sure pulled a shady move here. I think community input beforehand would have been the more ethical way to handle it instead of just taking a dump on Ygg's players and their hard work to be a server started from scratch.

#466 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:36 PM

so the pre server mines no eden, biofrost, mora, new world and the old exp tree and emp is not a plant type so u can do more than 1 dmg to it?

Pre-renewal is essentially BEFORE the major overhaul of RO: The Third Classes, New Party System, EXP System, MATK Formula... (Wait... THIS CHANGE IS GOOD), and a lot more.

#467 RiceMarine

RiceMarine

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:38 PM

First you need to go back to school and work on your grammar. Second, no one is paying attention to your posts. Why? Because you have posted the same thing three times in this thread. I dont know if you are just using Ctrl+c but stop posting here your wasting time and un-needed stress on your keyboard, since you are slamming on it like a 6 year old again.

#468 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:39 PM

It's up to around 90 now and it's just south pront. There are more @ Eden and you know what they say in the business world, for every 1 person that actually complains, 10 more are probably unhappy too. I doubt Ymir could field this number of people, btw.

Posted Image

There's one happy poring at the top left.

#469 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:40 PM

Stay on target thread. Ironplushy and others need to stop arguing and sniping at each other or they will have to take a break from posting.

#470 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

Pre-renewal is essentially BEFORE the major overhaul of RO: The Third Classes, New Party System, EXP System, MATK Formula... (Wait... THIS CHANGE IS GOOD), and a lot more.

This is like the best thing to happen to RO in a long time. PvP/WoE is going to be so accessible and competitive when people aren't immune to status effects and all attacks are not OHKO.

#471 heyxsean

heyxsean

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 715 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

God just merge and rename Ymir Ygg...it seems like that's what most people are really QQing about...

I welcome pre-renewal, I don't understand why there's so so much QQ over this lol forget renewal.

Edited by heyxsean, 07 June 2012 - 05:42 PM.

#472 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:42 PM

Everyone needs to chill out for a bit... How about some Epic Sax Guy, if this is allowed?

I understand a lot of people are upset and words cannot express sympathy, I just hope for the best after the merge... :\

#473 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:44 PM

I understand a lot of people are upset and words cannot express sympathy, I just hope for the best after the merge... :\

Make the new server a pvp server? :p_devil:

#474 Tanthalas23

Tanthalas23

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 447 posts
  • LocationSurrey, BC, Canada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Well Heim is ingame at Prontera PvP building to talk things over with the masses, so come get in on the convo!

#475 Unifan

Unifan

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 711 posts
  • Server:Private Server

im so happy with the decicion with the pre renewal server,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users