Thursday June 7th mini-maint - Page 21 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Thursday June 7th mini-maint

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
521 replies to this topic

#501 Geofrebu

Geofrebu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

alot of people thta played pre renewal server went into a private server and continue playng pre renewal. im prety sure if iRO decided to make a pre renewal server, those people will come back and check it out. iRO was their home server, when renewal hit it prety much hit them and left. i hope tht this pre renewal server will work out. im sorry for the ygg players, i hope it will be a win win ssituation for all of us

Why would you go from free and better to cash shop driven and outdated? And anybody who thinks they wont add a cash shop just like they did in renewal is delusional.

#502 Hanfeizi

Hanfeizi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 430 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

Until they realize they can't pay the resources to manage 4 servers and have to slash out one server to be able to manage it. Merging is inevitable, it's a marketing strategy to save money.

In other words, you have to bear it if you get more lags after they open the new server, unless of course, you are willing to merge.

#503 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:07 PM

Is this more lies from the ygg people or are they really not making a pre-renewal server? GMs please clarify.

Rudeypoo >,>
Posted Image

#504 Avarwen

Avarwen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Making RO 3D will kill what little resilience it has in the market, namely niche appeal with the cutesy 2D sprites.

You do have a point on the gameplay, though. Sadly RO's engine is ancient and I doubt anyone in iRO knows how to make any significant changes to it (nor can they without kRO's permission, right?)

So they can't really change anything besides numbers when it comes to skills, I think.

I don't think going back to the 02 style of play will help the game RO is dated and it's time has come and gone that's why so many old players left. The best they can do is make sure that remaining time left is fun for those who are here because they will not be attracting many new players anytime soon.

#505 Tigra

Tigra

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1656 posts

Ygg: the server full of pussies and baddies who QQ too much

And hey, I was right!

Posted Image

Edit: Good job killing server population further <3

Edited by Tigra, 07 June 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#506 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

In other words, you have to bear it if you get more lags after they open the new server, unless of course, you are willing to merge.

Unfortunately yes, for a game like RO managing 4 servers is no easy task resource and money-wise. It costs money to make it happen and to keep all servers alive they're REALLY gonna need cash poured onto them as well as extra people to do work/moderate the servers.

Edited by Senkasa, 07 June 2012 - 06:08 PM.

#507 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

yall really aint sick of this argument? its been settled for now... now go play

#508 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

yall really aint sick of this argument? its been settled for now... now go play

Cant play until I get my GoCash Costume Boxes. *Camps Code the Redeemer*

#509 Sackof

Sackof

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

Too bad it has to come at the expense of ygg ppl but this pre-renewal server is a good idea i think a lot of ppl will come back to test the waters...

#510 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Making a new post, the information is no longer the case, and the many pages no longer reflect the current happenings.

#511 Halation

Halation

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 540 posts

Ygg: the server full of pussies and baddies who QQ too much

And hey, I was right!

Edit: Good job killing server population further <3

If you don't like it, come join bestest server Ygg.

#512 Azyrk

Azyrk

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1884 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Hiem, can you talk to the Ygg guild leaders still?

#513 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Making a new post, the information is no longer the case, and the many pages no longer reflect the current happenings.

Good to see you came out of the War Zone in one piece, that's all I have to say.

#514 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

I say let Ygg cry.
Merge needs to happen and potential income from a non-renewal server is too great.
if they want to save the server that bad put a price on kick starter and let em raise it.

I'd rather this game be around in some form than go the way of the many ROs that went under when their player base rejected renewal.

#515 IronPlushy

IronPlushy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1747 posts
  • Server:Between Servers

Great, Ygg people just killed the game......
You people realize we are going to have to merge eventually? This game isn't getting anymore financially viable.

Edited by IronPlushy, 07 June 2012 - 06:11 PM.

#516 Tora

Tora

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

This is interesting going to have to transfer my GX but don't have space, oh well.

I would actually like to see up to trans server that still uses renewal mechanics on stats, leveling (locations limited), equipment (limited), and skill balancing. I think it would be a lot more fun and varied and make certain builds (like flee based) a lot more viable. I hope the GMs could consider this idea.

#517 kuroneko0509

kuroneko0509

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • LocationKL, MYS
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:13 PM

Cant play until I get my GoCash Costume Boxes. *Camps Code the Redeemer*

lol... camping again at the code the troll :p_laugh:

#518 Scuba

Scuba

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3225 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

Too little too late. Pre-Re won't be getting any updates or new content or support. Good luck those who go there now. Would have been happy to do it 2 years ago. Not so much today.

#519 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:15 PM

For now, we are doing 4 servers. We will give a good amount of time and evaluate how we should use those and possibly additional resources. Ragnarok is doing well, but of course it can do better. There is an upper cap of how well iRO can do with just having exactly what we have now. To leap ahead and possibly bring about another golden era will require something new, or in this case offering something vintage.

Renewal is a dividing point of RO, before is a very different game feel than after. Of course there are many changes that happened incrementally throughout pre-renewal time but none were as drastic as Renewal was. I have strong feelings that offering renewal as a viable legal option could do wonders for growth, or at the least be a viable self sustaining server setup. That is exactly why we are finally doing this. We have been discussing then negotiating opening a pre-renewal server for quite some time, now is the opportunity and we will take it. More specifics on the server setup will be released as soon as I can get it posted.

#520 Avarwen

Avarwen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 149 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:16 PM

Great, Ygg people just killed the game......
You people realize we are going to have to merge eventually? This game isn't getting anymore financially viable.

IRO has been dead for quite some time and there is no way to save it RO2 should fill the void whenever it gets here. All Gravity can do is breath a little life into the game till it dies.

#521 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:18 PM

[mod]Heim will be making a new post with updated information. Locking this.

To clarify, there is no longer a merge. A 4th server is being made.[/mod]

#522 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

http://forums.warppo...renewal-server/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users