Are You Lagging? - Page 3 - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Are You Lagging?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
67 replies to this topic

#51 Strelko

Strelko

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 12:14 AM

Hi there! Im living in Russia and the ping when i start playing in iRO was terrible. I use WTFast program and Leatrix Fix.. What can i say?)) It works! But not so smooth like on the official russian server. My question is that - if i click on NPC and dialog window appeared in 0.5 sec is it normal? I interest because of i dont want having problems when my ranger will have 193 aspd... How'd you think?

Thx for your answers!

Or it is one more fix that helps to WIN the Lags?))

#52 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

Sounds like it's still laggy. Try using Lowerping - it's sometimes better than WTFast. 

#53 Strelko

Strelko

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Lowerping is not helpfull.. WTFast is the best choice for me. I doing some more test, and i can said that is npc dialogs loads instantly, game runs smooth but if it compare with euRO the iRO have relatively high ping. I dont know what i can do to solve this problem.. I like iRO because of high online on the srver...

May be somebody can help me to improve the ping?

Thanks to all your answers.

#54 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

Lowerping is not helpfull.. WTFast is the best choice for me. I doing some more test, and i can said that is npc dialogs loads instantly, game runs smooth but if it compare with euRO the iRO have relatively high ping. I dont know what i can do to solve this problem.. I like iRO because of high online on the srver...

May be somebody can help me to improve the ping?

Thanks to all your answers.

If you're suffering from high network latency and you're certain that your LAN and Internet connection are running at maximum efficiency, then the cause of the problem is traffic travelling between your computer and the IRO servers by an inefficient route, which unfortunately is a problem beyond your control. The only action action you can take to lower your latency in such a situation is to use a traffic rerouting service such as WTFast, change your ISP (which may not make any difference), or move to a different area.

#55 Strelko

Strelko

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 03:11 AM

I use WTFast, im sure that my connection is in maximum efficiency)) I cant migrate in LA because of iRO server )))) I want to change area but it is many factors because of i cant do that )))

Now i try to know is my ping normal or i have problems with gameplay in future when my ranger will have 193 aspd )

As i say dialog with npc loads instantly and lattency between i click on the ground and my char is start run is less than 0.5 s))

If it is normal for comfotable gaming i continue play on iRO. Now i try to understand what have other players on server with ping...

#56 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2013 - 04:59 AM

I use WTFast, im sure that my connection is in maximum efficiency)) I cant migrate in LA because of iRO server )))) I want to change area but it is many factors because of i cant do that )))

Haha, I wasn't suggesting that you move a different country; I only listed that option to be thorough. :)

Now i try to know is my ping normal or i have problems with gameplay in future when my ranger will have 193 aspd )

I'm almost certain that lag doesn't affect your attack speed.

As i say dialog with npc loads instantly and lattency between i click on the ground and my char is start run is less than 0.5 s))

If it is normal for comfotable gaming i continue play on iRO. Now i try to understand what have other players on server with ping...

I live in England and my average ping time for the IRO servers is currently 163 ms. I think a latency greater than 250 ms will significantly hinder gameplay.

#57 Strelko

Strelko

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:32 AM

Hmmmm... I think my ping is approximately 160-170 ms with WTFast and i know that using wtfast dont change numbers in tracert but differnce in game is amazing.

#58 Junchikun

Junchikun

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 27 November 2013 - 06:41 AM

Been so many years, till now even IRO also have the same problem with ERO with ENDLESS lag  that can nv been solve...Just dont get the link...With a MORE higher graphics online gaming also dont really have so much laggy problem .. Start to wonder is it the host server too cheap...Why do we need addition program to "control" the lag..Cant the host do something on it? 

#59 4903130505104317417

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 53 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

My Ping is so bad that I will never complete this Sign quest dance test, After trying for over 4 hour. I still fail the test not to mension that sometime the flash spot show up 2 different location at the same time. I will never gain entrance to certain dungeon for sure, it seem like if you did not get it perfectly you don't pass it as well. Do you know how to solve this problem ?

Edited by 4903130505104317417, 05 December 2013 - 10:33 PM.

#60 Scythelike

Scythelike

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:04 AM

Hello, i'm using WTFast and it decreases my Ping a lot. But sometimes i'm getting random DC's which i only get when i'm using the Programm. Does someone has the same Problem and can help me? And another Question: What have i to do when the 30d are running out? Can i use the 30d Trial again or have i to pay for a Premium Account?

#61 susunasional

susunasional

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 04:56 AM

Sorry if I kinda necro-ing the thread, I have just one question.

Do you really need to install message queuing to disable nagle algorithm? In the first post, lifeandcode link doesn't instruct you to enable MSMQ to make it disabled, but in the 2nd post, you'd need to turn MSMQ on and repeat the same way to add TCPNoDelay. Which one is correct?

note: My machine run on windows 7, and doesn't have MSMQ enabled (by default).

#62 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 15 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

You don't need to disable Nagle's algorithm. The nospam mod automatically does it within the client.

You do need to set TcpAckFrequency=1 (unless you're using LowerPing/WTFast/etc.).

Edited by renouille, 15 December 2014 - 05:25 AM.
sdf

#63 kingbapho

kingbapho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 March 2016 - 04:51 AM

Ok, just throwing this out here but this guide is great all up to windows 7, how many people have done and used " Set-NetTCPSetting " , acts as previously aforementioned , but for windows 8 / 8.1 or should i write a guide on it ?

P.S. Dont kill me for reviving old thread

Edit //

Only suggesting this because Regardless of the other suggestions ive furiously looked for online do not help with input / positional latency ( click move / rubber banding with a 125 down / 20 up connection )

Edited by kingbapho, 23 March 2016 - 04:56 AM.

#64 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 05:45 AM

distance to game servers matters far more than your personal up/down.

#65 kingbapho

kingbapho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:04 AM

While that may be true , Ive been doing some testing and how the packets are received is a big deal as well, more factors than anyone can count. but using above what i suggested has made it so i can actually move / play my sage now. lol instead of having enemies attacking me from across the map ( melee monsters / positional lag ) now it all shows accordingly, been testing in high volume areas like low / mid / high ti , as well as going to mobby maps.

Nothing more frustrating then not being able to move and not knowing why :P

edit //

unless there is something from point a to z that is causing an issue. tracert usually reveals where the issue lays . so reflecting on that distance would be a moot point. when you can actually play on servers across the world with less than 80 ms ping, its kinda nice ;)

Edited by kingbapho, 23 March 2016 - 06:12 AM.

#66 Necrohealiac

Necrohealiac

10,000 posts and not even a Tiki-Shirt.

• Members
  • 13389 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:14 AM

some undersea cable is causing major issues for SEA region; not sure if that's been fixed yet.

#67 kingbapho

kingbapho

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 23 March 2016 - 06:16 AM

only place in the world i have issues connecting with as far as latency goes is Australia. but that's a given if you know anyone who lives there. Worst place in the world for internets xD , well malaysia coming in second place actually :/

#68 mamabeb

mamabeb

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 April 2016 - 08:34 AM

HI~ Globe subscriber here from Philippines. 
I kept on disconnecting since yesterday. 
WarpPortal site can't even load completely. 

Thought it'll be ok after maintenance, but nothings change.
I think you gotta do something with it! Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users