No replies to this topic

#1 Kocka

Kocka

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 September 2010 - 02:33 AM

Vulcanic Activity

It was a quiet afternoon in Eucar when suddenly a devastating earthquake has shaken the planet of Luna. The earthquake caused panic, but fortunately nobody got hurt. Olleck Basilasi has sent a visitor to the shamanist Est to help her investigate the source of the earthquake.
Est suspects that it is related to the Vulcans of the Crystal Snowfields, as they are capable of controlling the lava under the ice of the planet. Vulcans are fiery creatures which are roaming the frozen wastelands, they are led by the Mighty Hell Vulcans...

Part 1

This is the beginning of the quest, the visitor receives a task from Olleck Basilasi, he sends the visitor to the shamanist Est in Crystal Snowfields. Olleck Basilasi informs the visitor about the recent earthquake and about the importance of Est's investigation regarding the earthquake.

Part 2

Est explains her suspicion towards the Vulcans and asks the visitor to collect clues from the area where the Vulcans are located. There will be 3 clues in the area, Raging Firestone, Scar of Lava and Poisoned Giant Heart.
The Raging Firestone is a burning stone which is lying on the ground similarly to those shining stones in Junon Polis, the Scar of Lava is a crack in the icy ground where some lava spilled to the surface, this is probably the result of the recent earthquake, the Poisoned Giant Heart comes from a dead Vulcan...
After receiving all 3 proofs the quest changes and directs the visitor back to Est.

Part 3

A Raging Firestone, a Scar of Lava, and a Poisoned Heart??? Apparently the Vulcans are raging and trying to bring the lava to the surface... This Poisoned Heart might be the answer for our questions, but... Who would want to kill the Vulcans? Est sends the visitor back to Ishtal, he will surely know who would want to see the Vulcans dead...

Part 4

Ishtal indeed knows much about the creatures of Luna. He informs our visitor about the Titans. Although the Titans and Vulcans are the same, the Titans have an ancient hatred against their own race, because long time ago goddess Lunar punished the Titans and their leader Hell Mag for exploiting their strenght. Hell Mag was the most powerful creature on the planet before this punishment, but Lunar took this power from him and shared it equally between the Hell Vulcans, since then the Hell Vulcans are the leaders of Vulcans.

Part 5

According to Ishtal, the Titans are responsible for the rage of the Vulcans. This can not remain unpunished... Est sends the visitor to destroy the Titans and Hell Mag for their betrayal. Hell Mag shouldn't be hard to deal with, as he was severely weakened after Goddess Lunar's punishment. While the visitor fights the Titans and Hell Mag, Est prepares an antidot that will cure the poison which turned the Vulcans into rage.

Part 6

After finishing off the Titans, Est sends the visitor back for a final task. The visitor receives a vial of antidot, which he has to spill near the Scar of Lava. The Vulcans are receiving their strenght from the lava, so if the antidot is spilled into the lava it will be spread between the Vulcans in no time...
After finishing this task, the visitor has to report at Olleck Basilasi to claim the rewards.

I just felt like I want to create some story for these "easter egg" looking creatures who seem to pointlessly roam the icy lands with their fiery appearance. Some new story never hurts, you know?

The "clues" in part 2 would require some modification to the map, but I don't think it would be too difficult to throw in some lava and a burning stone... hehe.

I hope you enjoyed reading it! I also hope it will make it's way to the game!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users