ATI Radeon HD Graphics issue - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

ATI Radeon HD Graphics issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ZeroGrav007

ZeroGrav007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:23 PM

Now i want to help anyone else with this issue, as i just figured out my own problem and fixed it. This is for Windows 7.

Just so people know, i have a ATI Radeon HD 4200 Graphics card. So i used it to write this post.

If anyone has the ATI Radeon HD Series as their graphics card, and you experiance a fuzzy or blurry image when playing ragnarok, i have a solution for this. (hopefully)

Now i just updated my graphics card and noticed that when i opened RO, it was fuzzy and the letters in text were bunched together. Instead of going to the setup.exe in your RO folder, you can do this instead:
1. You can right click your desktop and open the Catalyst Control Center. This should open up the AMD Vision Engine Control Center. (came with update of graphics card).
2. Click on the tab "Gaming" and there will be 2 choices from there: 3D App settings, and Application Profiles. Click the 3D App Settings.
3. After clicking 3D App settings, scroll all the way down until you get to Mipmap Detail Level.
4. Move the switch thing over toward the "Quality" level, and it should improve the vision of RO back to being much less fuzzy and readable.

Now i don't know any other way to fix the fuzziness, but this is just out of my own experiance with updating my graphics card. So if you end up with a blurry or fuzzy screen after updating your ATI Radeon HD Series graphics card, this should help with getting RO looking the way it should.

Edited by ZeroGrav007, 11 June 2012 - 01:24 PM.

#2 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

Interesting, I have a 4800 series but never had this problem before. I'll be sure to keep this in mind if I ever do run into it though, thanks.

#3 ZeroGrav007

ZeroGrav007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 324 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 11 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Yeah i made this just in case someone has an issue like i did :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users