What is happening to item prices? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What is happening to item prices?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:38 AM

Luna Bow dropped from 7kk to 1kk
Giant Axe dropped from 40kk to like 5kk
Paper Card dropped from 60kk to 15kk

what caused this? :p_swt:

#2 Balthi

Balthi

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 763 posts
  • LocationVeins, Arunafeltz
  • Server:Chaos (Ygg), Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:42 AM

Luna Bow dropped from 7kk to 1kk
Giant Axe dropped from 40kk to like 5kk
Paper Card dropped from 60kk to 15kk

what caused this? :p_swt:

Double drops + Bot hoarding. Save your items until DD is removed, and they should stabilize.

#3 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:41 AM

I don't think it's a double drop.. Giant Axe has been dropping for months and finally reached this low price. Double drop hasn't even been on most of the time. I don't have a Luna Bow, but I've noticed it's price go down like this. Paper card probably is a result of OCA being so massively popular.. I'm sure other items will follow the same fate soon. Meteo Armor and Life Link, for example.

P.S I have just noticed Giant Axe price go up again on ragial, strange things are happening :p_sick:

Edited by sniperkenny, 12 June 2012 - 06:42 AM.

#4 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:48 AM

Supply and demand. MVPs are so easy, the population is too low and nothing breaks anymore due to Certs and HD Ores, so prices keep dropping and dropping and dropping.

Double Drops only speeds up the process. Fact is, the amount of Certs in this game has killed the market.

#5 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:54 AM

So true WORST thing to ever to be put into ro was certs and hd, Killed the game imho

#6 Ralis

Ralis

[TOS] The Man Trap

• VMod Retired
  • 6982 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:58 AM

HD is not as bad by itself.

The sad part was, they realized what these things were doing to the market and made HD only work at +7 or higher, so there was still a chance to break going from +4 to +7. For a time things went up a bit and probably would have gone up quite a bit more... and then, for some unknown reason, Certs came out. >_<

Edited by Ralis, 12 June 2012 - 06:59 AM.

#7 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:04 AM

As far as prices going up and down on Rag, Ragial prices can be manipulated. Don't sweat them too much. Rag is a useful tool, but don't take it too seriously.

#8 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

Nobody will be upgrading expensive equipment without certs now. Expensive as in maybe 10M+ for the equipment un-upgraded, or maybe 20M. Some people might use enriched or regular elu/ori for +5/6 and then use certs for the rest so there is still a slight chance of breaking, but only on the cheap stuff.

Although even without certs, prices may still drop inevitably anyway, but at a slower rate. I guess there are just too many people who have reached the peak or near-peak of RO already and have all the equipment they need besides gods / mvp cards. Older players are just finding gears a lot faster than newer players are joining the game.

#9 sniperkenny

sniperkenny

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 653 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 07:57 AM

Well, ragial prices can indeed be manipulated. But many people use it and when they see item price at a low value they will only buy it for that value or cheaper, so putting your item for it's normal price will not sell it. same thing with ragnastats, because you can see all prices for the item for some time period.

#10 battle

battle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Well its because why do you need those weapons. The elven bow better Only use for Luna bow is to save some zeny right after become ranger. Everybody has them so your not going to sell them for anything other then cert making items.

#11 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Supply and demand. MVPs are so easy, the population is too low and nothing breaks anymore due to Certs and HD Ores, so prices keep dropping and dropping and dropping.

Double Drops only speeds up the process. Fact is, the amount of Certs in this game has killed the market.

Heres a hint, it isn't the certs. It's lack of new player influx, as established players build up a gear base ( and breaking only slows this down marginally - many players left equips at safe levels ) there will be less and less demand. Add into that how easy it is to farm most equips and you get a diminishing market regardless of if stuff breaks or not. If you already have the equips in "good enough" condition there is no reason to buy more, leading to price drops. Period.

The only hting certs did is allow people who wouldn't have upgraded past safe / higher than what they had a chance at having higher tier gears without losing what they had already. If they wouldn't have upgraded without the certs the gear would not have broken anyways - making the certs argument moot.

#12 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:35 AM

Ya know I noticed the price of people buying WPE Skyrocketed from 35m > 60m. I'd say that at least is related to the incoming lucky boxes but certain items have been getting cheaper... I've even seen Valk flowers dropping to 17 mil when I remember they used to be 50-80m

#13 RennaSaintsworth

RennaSaintsworth

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1908 posts
  • LocationScarlet Devil Mansion
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Even my Bottle Grenade and Acid Bottle business are ruined. Grenade went down from 30k to 15k (lowest) now and Acid went from 5k to 3k each T.T

Edited by RennaSaintsworth, 12 June 2012 - 09:41 AM.

#14 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

Even my Bottle Grenade and Acid Bottle business are ruined. Grenade went down from 30k to 15k (lowest) now and Acid went from 5k to 3k each T.T

I'd say the Kafra Shop is partially responsible for that since you can buy flame/acid bombs for 200KP for a box of 50 ea...

#15 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:46 AM

Heres a hint, it isn't the certs.  It's lack of new player influx, as established players build up a gear base ( and breaking only slows this down marginally - many players left equips at safe levels ) there will be less and less demand.  Add into that how easy it is to farm most equips and you get a diminishing market regardless of if stuff breaks or not.  If you already have the equips in "good enough" condition there is no reason to buy more,  leading to price drops. Period.

The only hting certs did is allow people who wouldn't have upgraded past safe / higher than what they had a chance at having higher tier gears without losing what they had already. If they wouldn't have upgraded without the certs the gear would not have broken anyways - making the certs argument moot.

Exactly, that's my point too. Certs didn't ruin the market, they just sped it up a little bit.

Strange, thought demand for bomb materials would go up during double exp week. Unless you are talking a change over the last few months.

#16 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

we have double drops right now??

#17 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:04 AM

We've had double drops since the mini-maint on Thursday

#18 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:06 AM

We really need a break from the deluge of certs....

#19 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

We really need a break from the deluge of certs....

You mean we need a break from being spoiled too much. :p_sick:

#20 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:14 AM

I demand +14 Safe Certs everytime I spend 1 KP !!!!!

Oh & can I haz cheeseburger?

#21 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

People only needing one set of equips for all their characters ruined the market. I don't buy anything because I don't need anything.
One set of armor all my characters can share do to renewal making defense irrelevant. One top tier weapon for each character. 3 top tier hats well carded.

There was a time when it took months to acquire everything you could want or need just waiting for it to appear in the market. Now, everyone's wish list is a lot shorter.

#22 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:35 AM

Enriched Hammer was the last nail in the coffin. HD upgrading was actually a good zeny sink because their rates are pretty -_-ty and you would probably spend around 10mil from +7-+9 from the zeny upgrade fees.

#23 MotherOneDog

MotherOneDog

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2093 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 June 2012 - 10:59 AM

I'd say the Kafra Shop is partially responsible for that since you can buy flame/acid bombs for 200KP for a box of 50 ea...

Only a retard would buy AB mats from the IM. Lol.

50 Bottle Grenades = 50 x 15,000z = 750,000z
50 Acid Bottles = 50 x 3,000z = 150,000z
Total = 900,000z

200KP = 2 x 3,000,000z = 6,000,000z

Difference = 5,100,000z

Not a smart move, imo.

#24 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:34 AM

As we mentioned already, people seem to be blaming certs for all the market problems but it's not the main cause. Population / new population is the main thing.

I won't be familiar with YGG and Ymir's markets, but I will assume they are similar or will reach the same point.

Variants are especially interesting because nobody will ever upgrade them. They are "the best" all around boots in the game. As soon as everyone has a pair, its value will drop because people may be finding a couple pairs a week (at ET or at the MVP location) but I know there we aren't getting several permanent long term players a week. There are rich people who may be lazy enough to buy one pair for each of their characters, but I somehow doubt that, and they may have a pair of sleips already.

Upgradeable gear would have broken without certs, but that only slows down the dropping value slightly. People may choose to just keep all their gear at +4, especially armors where the DEF difference is barely noticeable. Even if +7 is the standard, eventually gears will reach a point where all the long term players already have it and there just isn't anyone to sell to.

The above is only assuming monster/MVP drops though. Kafra gears are a bit different because they are limited and their numbers can be controlled by GMs. Too much of it will cause semi-permanent price drops like observers, four leaf clover, mini glasses (though those can't be upgraded). Maybe just take something like Garuda Hat as an example then.

Upgrading past +7 has always been "safe" ever since HDs were around so anything beyond +7 is just a matter of how much WPE you or whoever you buy boxes from spends.

I don't really have a solution for this myself and nobody is going to give their old semi-expensive gear to eat-gear mimic for sure. But "getting rid of certs" isn't going to solve anything in the long run.

Edited by kasshin, 12 June 2012 - 11:35 AM.

#25 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 12 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

Only a retard would buy AB mats from the IM. Lol.

50 Bottle Grenades = 50 x 15,000z = 750,000z
50 Acid Bottles = 50 x 3,000z = 150,000z
Total = 900,000z

200KP = 2 x 3,000,000z = 6,000,000z

Difference = 5,100,000z

Not a smart move, imo.

Time is valuable. I guess the KP cost makes up for the time you would spend(waste) hunting mats for the 50 bottle grenade/50 acid bottles.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users