June 12 Maintenance - Page 11 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

June 12 Maintenance

• Please log in to reply
273 replies to this topic

#251 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

The Fallen Angel Wings will most likely not be able to be hidden enchantable as that'll make the garment way too strong with its current base effects. enchants will be made available at a later date when iRO receives the necessary updates from kRO. (sometime this year but don't quote me on this)

#252 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:17 PM

*There was a typo on the website description on the lucky box. If you had received the 4x BMx3s or Adventurer pack yesterday instead of the advertised 5x Bmx3 or Party Hard pack before 6am today (6/13)you can write in to the GM Team to get an extra BM3 or Adventuerer pack exchange.

Wait this line has me confused reading it now. Are we supposed to get 5x BMx3 or 4x BMx3 and the website said it wrong? Think i got 4x BMx3 but pretty sure i opened mine like 9 AM so i'm confused heh.

worst item of the lot has o be the orange in mouth... even things like romantic leaf has some purpose... orange in mouth has nothing... why would i choose this over any other mouth gear?

to show off :hmm:

Heh. I was wondering about this, There should be an effect on this. Was thinking maybe 5% HP/SP recovery or is 5% is too high for that slot can go to 2% HP/SP recovery increase Would fit as eatting an orange that drops recovers a little hp and sp heh.

true

What's the point of the Transformation Scroll (Deviruchi) & the Transformation Scroll (Poring)?

Well no idea really, though annoyingly the website has it typo as transformation scroll Deviling and not Deviruchi.

Edited by ValheruWolf, 13 June 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#253 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:51 PM

I hope we get VIPx2 event soon :/

#254 celestience

celestience

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1080 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2012 - 11:53 PM

The Fallen Angel Wings will most likely not be able to be hidden enchantable as that'll make the garment way too strong with its current base effects. enchants will be made available at a later date when iRO receives the necessary updates from kRO. (sometime this year but don't quote me on this)

sorry for quoting :P but would it be that strong? the enchants are completely random ...

#255 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:24 AM

Well no idea really, though annoyingly the website has it typo as transformation scroll Deviling and not Deviruchi.

It's deviruchi? You mean I could have been lurking in geffen dungeon as a devi sniping Dopples all day? WTF.

#256 Carp

Carp

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 01:19 AM

I'll be seeing poring recallers with poring pets this coming WOEs. :p_swt:

#257 Hiban

Hiban

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 88 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:43 PM

Man. These boxes... Terrible. I feel ripped off. If there is going to be useless gear just for the show of it, at least make it presentable. Most of these gears are ugly or useless or both. I don't really feel happy about boxter either. What's that gonna do? OH TRADE IN 10$ (or more?) WORTH OF LUCKY BOX ITEMS SO THAT I CAN GET ANOTHER 5$ CHANCE TO GET CRAP AGAIN! YAY! I'M SO EXCITED!

#258 Longinus

Longinus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 236 posts
  • Twitter:itsLONGINUS
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

^ LOL. That's what I'm saying, Hiban.

#259 ShadowAsh

ShadowAsh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:15 PM

Another alternative is to save your brownie points for when a lucky box you do like comes along?

#260 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:35 AM

Man. These boxes... Terrible. I feel ripped off. If there is going to be useless gear just for the show of it, at least make it presentable. Most of these gears are ugly or useless or both. I don't really feel happy about boxter either. What's that gonna do? OH TRADE IN 10$ (or more?) WORTH OF LUCKY BOX ITEMS SO THAT I CAN GET ANOTHER 5$ CHANCE TO GET CRAP AGAIN! YAY! I'M SO EXCITED!

I don't understand how or why you would feel ripped off.

There is nothing that says you have to buy any of the Lucky Boxes each month or that you have to use Boxter. In fact Boxter was added because we asked for a way to be able to recycle items we didn't want. If you don't like it, it's simple don't use it.

No one is holding a gun to your head & making you purchase Lucky Boxes or use Boxter so you have no business feeling ripped off.

Don't buy what you don't like or want in the future would be my suggestion.

P.S. You can always see what the items look like & do before you purchase them also if you look at the website.

(reply was carefully thought out before posting)

Edited by Razzez, 15 June 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#261 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:13 AM

There is nothing that says you have to buy any of the Lucky Boxes each month or that you have to use Boxter. In fact Boxter was added because we asked for a way to be able to recycle items we didn't want. If you don't like it, it's simple don't use it.

No one is holding a gun to your head & making you purchase Lucky Boxes or use Boxter so you have no business feeling ripped off.

P.S. You can always see what the items look like & do before you purchase them also if you look at the website.

^ In addition to this, Lucky Boxes are a risk/reward thing. No one is to be blamed but yourself for gambling and getting angry over what you didnt get.

#262 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:25 AM

Razzez, have you tried opening some boxes? They aren't really worth 5 dollars each, IMO. It's just too expensive. I know it's a risky situation that could be rewarding, but bad RNG is bad; the riskiness isn't worth the money. You can always read what's inside the box, but then again, has anyone got Indian Feather Headband (CMIIW on this one)?

I have learned my lesson after 7 boxes. Repeats? 4 Scrolls? They are in there. I've let it go and moved on.

Edited by xFireize, 15 June 2012 - 07:34 AM.

#263 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:41 PM

Razzez, have you tried opening some boxes? They aren't really worth 5 dollars each, IMO. It's just too expensive. I know it's a risky situation that could be rewarding, but bad RNG is bad; the riskiness isn't worth the money. You can always read what's inside the box, but then again, has anyone got Indian Feather Headband (CMIIW on this one)?

I have learned my lesson after 7 boxes. Repeats? 4 Scrolls? They are in there. I've let it go and moved on.

Yes I have. I didn't pay $5 for them though. First of all I buy the creates. Second I used Kafra Points that were transferred over where I got an extra 35% Points .

Regardless of that if you think the items in the box aren't worth it then don't buy them instead of complaining. Do you go to the store & buy things that are more expensive then you think they are worth then complain to the store about their prices? I seriously doubt it.

I don't understand why you & other people bother to buy the boxes when you don't want what's in them. How can you not expect to get the same item more then once. It would be unusual if you didn't. Everything is set in terms of odds of getting that item. The best items aren't the easiest to get. If you are trying to get a specific item then buy it from someone else selling it instead.

You do realize there are 25 different items in this box so if you were after a specific item & only bought 7 boxes the chances of even coming close to getting it were slim to none.

#264 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:25 PM

I don't care how you got your boxes. A lot of elites got the boxes from buying WPEs from other players anyway.

I wasn't not complaining that I didn't get what I wanted, I was talking about bad RNG, Random Number Generator. I opened 7 boxes purely for fun, wasn't really aiming for anything.

Everyone knows what possible items they can get from the box, but the chance to get the worthy items is just too small for the amount of filler items and the price of the box. Each of those 25 items (you said 25) has different chance to pop up, and I believe those chance ratios are the thing that people have been complaining about. No one knows the chance ratio until they opened some.

I mean, have you seen the market flooded by items that no one wants to buy? We are talking about tradable items that affect the market. The chance ratio of each item should have been thought more thoroughly.

People are just basically saying the box is not worth $5. If you think that it is worth $5, then sure. Just let people express what they think about the box. Maybe they see real money as something that is worthier than how you see it. If the boxes make them happy, they would express it too.

Regardless of that if you think the items in the box aren't worth it then don't buy them instead of complaining. Do you go to the store & buy things that are more expensive then you think they are worth then complain to the store about their prices? I seriously doubt it.

We are talking about a box that gives you a random item. You might wanna reconsider your comparison. :hmm:

You do realize there are 25 different items in this box so if you were after a specific item & only bought 7 boxes the chances of even coming close to getting it were slim to none.

So 7 boxes, they cost me around $25. And you're saying the chance of getting worthy items is slim to none. If I used that money to sell WPE, I could have got around 150m zeny and that's what BDM (the most worthy item in the box) costs. I would have done this if I was really aiming for something worthy.

Edited by xFireize, 15 June 2012 - 07:05 PM.

#265 BoxyBrown

BoxyBrown

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:39 PM

I don't know if this has been brought up yet because, I'm not about to look through 11 pages but, on the link for what's in the lucky box it says you can get an Indian Feather Hat but, the in game description does not include this headgear and I have yet to see one on Ygg server. Can anyone confirm getting one?

#266 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:41 PM

Yes I have. I didn't pay $5 for them though. First of all I buy the creates. Second I used Kafra Points that were transferred over where I got an extra 35% Points .

I don't understand why you & other people bother to buy the boxes when you don't want what's in them. How can you not expect to get the same item more then once. It would be unusual if you didn't. Everything is set in terms of odds of getting that item. The best items aren't the easiest to get. If you are trying to get a specific item then buy it from someone else selling it instead.

It's called customer feedback.
The GMs appreciate it.

#267 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:55 AM

I don't care how you got your boxes. A lot of elites got the boxes from buying WPEs from other players anyway.

I wasn't not complaining that I didn't get what I wanted, I was talking about bad RNG, Random Number Generator. I opened 7 boxes purely for fun, wasn't really aiming for anything.

Everyone knows what possible items they can get from the box, but the chance to get the worthy items is just too small for the amount of filler items and the price of the box. Each of those 25 items (you said 25) has different chance to pop up, and I believe those chance ratios are the thing that people have been complaining about. No one knows the chance ratio until they opened some.

I mean, have you seen the market flooded by items that no one wants to buy? We are talking about tradable items that affect the market. The chance ratio of each item should have been thought more thoroughly.

People are just basically saying the box is not worth $5. If you think that it is worth $5, then sure. Just let people express what they think about the box. Maybe they see real money as something that is worthier than how you see it. If the boxes make them happy, they would express it too.

We are talking about a box that gives you a random item. You might wanna reconsider your comparison. :hmm:

So 7 boxes, they cost me around $25. And you're saying the chance of getting worthy items is slim to none. If I used that money to sell WPE, I could have got around 150m zeny and that's what BDM (the most worthy item in the box) costs. I would have done this if I was really aiming for something worthy.

I think I understand why you are confused. It's not simply a RNG where all 25 items have the same equal odds. For instance you are more likely to keep getting Gryphon Hat then you will a HBP. The better & more expensive items have lower odds set just like the ones you opened for "Fun" & got repeats of are most likely set with higher odds & chances of getting them.

One person before you said they felt ripped off after purchasing the boxes. All I said is no one is forcing them to buy them.

I haven't tried nor do I have the power to stop anyone from expressing what that think about the box. It doesn't matter to me what anyone else says. It doesn't effect me.

#268 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:57 AM

It's called customer feedback.
The GMs appreciate it.

^

#269 razirazo

razirazo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 717 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

whats wrong with nid TI keep crashing my client :/

#270 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:40 AM

actually.... they are supposed to be even odds. downsides is your lucky meter isn't always so great. But heim tested them and said he used 40 boxes and got 1 of every thing... in respose toa thread where someone got unlucky. RO is just a fickle game with luck. If you got a lot of scrolls someone else out there got HBP and BDM back to back out of the 4 boxes they bought so ouch. One sec while I go find heim post and link to that and qoute it.

WTF. I opened 40 and literally pulled everything with only 15 repeats total.

The next 60 were also very random. If that is true write into the GM team. Until then I'm going to call this a false report or exceptional bad luck. Either way, we will be doing a boxter next week based on what it is players don't want. Likely the scrolls and sleeper hats.

from http://forums.warppo...s-are-a-ripoff/

Edited by ValheruWolf, 16 June 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#271 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:56 AM

actually.... they are supposed to be even odds. downsides is your lucky meter isn't always so great. But heim tested them and said he used 40 boxes and got 1 of every thing... in respose toa thread where someone got unlucky. RO is just a fickle game with luck. If you got a lot of scrolls someone else out there got HBP and BDM back to back out of the 4 boxes they bought so ouch. One sec while I go find heim post and link to that and qoute it.

from http://forums.warppo...s-are-a-ripoff/

They aren't even odds. If they were that would defeat the whole purpose of the box system & end up flooding the market with too many of the good items which would in turn kill the market value on them.

Heim or Oda can correct me if I'm wrong but if you remember back to one months box the prizes were even broken down into about 4 different classes depending on the value of the items & the odds of getting those items. There was like an A class, B class, etc... So obviously not all items were on the same level & had the same odds.

The best comparison I tried to us is Dally. I've gotten the same item 5 days in a row yet each day you are supposed to get a better prize but it's based on odds. In the beginning I was getting a Grand Prize once a week or more then they changed something because now it takes over a month to get on. On top of that the OCA's disappeared. About the only Grand Prize I have seen is the BB yet they said those were supped to get better the longer you kept getting prizes. Anything & everything is all in the odds & the only odds that are equal are those on equal value items. For example a Imp Hat & a Sleeper Hat but a HBP is in no way equal to a Gryphon Hat. I think we all know that nor is the Fallen Angel Wing.

I hope this helps out.

#272 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:30 AM

Then what is the problem of bad items and good items having the same odds, instead of bad items having higher odds than good items? Everybody would be complaining anyways.

#273 ValheruWolf

ValheruWolf

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 411 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

If they weren't even odds they would have been listed as the mutliple classes, the fact that heim said he used 40 boxes got 1 of everything and only the 15 repeats you get since there are only 25 headears tells us they were supposed to be more or less pretty even. The reason the market isn;t being hugely flooded and why even odds works in this box is quite simply due to the amount of items in the box which just my itlsef makes the odds worse then if they did the different class systems. You have a 4% chance for any item rather then 5 or 10% chance for the single S rank item... which is higher then the 4%... hm. lol

#274 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 19 June 2012 - 05:51 AM

OK your right they're even odds. That's why people are getting as many HBP's as they are Gryphon Hats.

I give up.

Edited by Razzez, 19 June 2012 - 05:52 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users