Suggestion to implement a $1 fee to leave Novice training grounds on the pre-renewal server - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 6 votes

Suggestion to implement a $1 fee to leave Novice training grounds on the pre-renewal server

• Please log in to reply
67 replies to this topic

#1 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Classic

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:50 AM

There was a great suggestion in the Classic server thread that I want Gravity to take notice of and at least please consider.

Basically the idea is to implement an NPC in the novice training gounds that sells some kind of item(a key maybe) that lets you leave the training grounds to access the rest of the world. It doesn't have to be a large fee, a fee like $1 or $2 should be more than enough.

Let's look at this idea from a business perspective. If a person isn't willing to invest $1 to play this game, they most likely won't buy anything in the kafra shop anyway. It might keep some players from trying this game/server, but I'm willing to bet that it's a way lower number than potential customers who won't play the game because they don't want a bot paradise like on Valkyrie.

So here's my proposal, a suggestion based on the ideas of several people: Sell a $1 kafra item key in the novice training grounds that gives you access to the game, and when you leave the training grounds you get 3 battle manuals and 3 bubble gum as a bonus, making it very well spent money.

So please Heimdallr consider this idea and bring it up to the team!

Edited by Zodiac89, 13 June 2012 - 01:55 AM.

#2 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:52 AM

The idea to use reset stones for this is also good. Anything works, really. Anything is far better than nothing.

#3 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:53 AM

petitions are against the rules on the forum

suggestion forums are that way -->

Edited by Helios0, 13 June 2012 - 01:53 AM.

#4 mocadnet

mocadnet

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

+1

#5 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:55 AM

There was a great suggestion in the Classic server thread that I want Gravity to take notice of and at least please consider.

Basically the idea is to implement an NPC in the novice training gounds that sells some kind of item(a key maybe) that lets you leave the training grounds to access the rest of the world. It doesn't have to be a large fee, a fee like $1 or $2 should be more than enough.

Let's look at this idea from a business perspective. If a person isn't willing to invest $1 to play this game, they most likely won't buy anything in the kafra shop anyway. It might keep some players from trying this game/server, but I'm willing to bet that it's a way lower number than potential customers who won't play the game because they don't want a bot paradise like on Valkyrie.

So here's my proposal, a suggestion based on the ideas of several people: Sell a $1 kafra item key in the novice training grounds that gives you access to the game, and when you leave the training grounds you get 3 battle manuals and 3 bubble gum as a bonus, making it very well spent money.

I'll tally up votes for anyone who posts here. Tell me if you think it's a good idea or not: Yes or No.

Edit:

Yes: 2 (me, Breeg)
No: 0

they said they will run GMs to hunt bots...this is unnecessary...so its a no
i personally dont mind it..i have 300 kp or so left overs i cud use xD

#6 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:56 AM

I'll tally up votes for anyone who posts here. Tell me if you think it's a good idea or not: Yes or No.

Edit:

Yes: 2 (me, Breeg)

No: 0

you dunno how much $1 mean to some ppl, a dollar can buy me a meal.

#7 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:58 AM

they said they will run GMs to hunt bots...this is unnecessary...so its a no
i personally dont mind it..i have 300 kp or so left overs i cud use xD

You do realize the bothunting suggestion is about as pathetic and naive as it can ever get? They aren't going to have 20 people in day/night shifts looking for bots, reading and reacting to reports etc. There is absolutely no way they would ever make it work.

#8 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:59 AM

they said they will run GMs to hunt bots...this is unnecessary...

Lol, and what makes you believe they will succeed? Look at Valkyrie.

Edited by Zodiac89, 13 June 2012 - 02:01 AM.

#9 cybernetic

cybernetic

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2300 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

you dunno how much $1 mean to some ppl, a dollar can buy me a meal.

better stop paying for the net then man, dunno how you can afford that

#10 EvilLoynis

EvilLoynis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1652 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

Sadly I have to vote NO.

VIP to create should be enough to keep it bot free, or perhaps something like a 3/7 day limit on all chars created unless VIP is purchased, if not the char is "locked" and you can't log on that char.

#11 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:01 AM

Lol, and what makes you believe they will succeed? Look at Valkyrie.

If you don't have $1 to spend on a game, you've got a lot bigger problems to take care of and you shouldn't be playing RO.

they dont have GMs running around in valk
and also i see this thread locked and deleted within one hour

#12 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

Sadly I have to vote NO.

VIP to create should be enough to keep it bot free, or perhaps something like a 3/7 day limit on all chars created unless VIP is purchased, if not the char is "locked" and you can't log on that char.

Heim said VIP may never be possible. That is why we are suggesting alternative solutions.

#13 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

VIP is apparently not compatable with the Classic server. Thus, I am with this suggestion. Paying one dollar to keep bots out is worth it. To think different is insane.

#14 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:03 AM

Sadly I have to vote NO.

Heim has said that they most likely won't be able to implement VIP, and it will NOT, I repeat, it will NOT be available for release.

So I think this idea is a good compromise to keep botters away. I don't mind playing on a completely F2P server being dependent on kafra shop items as long as there's some way to take care of bots.

This is a great compromise and it shouldn't keep anyone who's willing to buy kafra items away anyway.

#15 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

Heim has said that they most likely won't be able to implement VIP, and it will NOT, I repeat, it will NOT be available for release.

So I think this idea is a good compromise to keep botters away. I don't mind playing on a completely F2P server being dependent on kafra shop items as long as there's some way to take care of bots.

This is a great compromise and it shouldn't keep anyone who's willing to buy kafra items away anyway.

did u juz close the yes and no part cuz more ppl said no?
haha this is hilarious

#16 Breeg

Breeg

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 300 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:06 AM

haha this is hilarious

Close what yes/no part? You are hilarious.

#17 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:07 AM

haha this is hilarious

I did it because petitions are against the forum rules apparently.

#18 Heart

Heart

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2871 posts
  • LocationSofa so good

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:08 AM

Close what yes/no part? You are hilarious.

his main post had part were he showed how many said yes and how many said no
since more said no and he was losing in his own thread he removed the part

Edit:

I did it because petitions are against the forum rules apparently.

then you shud close this thread and post in suggestions and proposals section its not allowed in general chat

Edited by Heart, 13 June 2012 - 02:09 AM.

#19 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:11 AM

petition to stfu... anymore suggestions while we're here that would completely destroy the server before it even goes live?

#20 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:20 AM

petition to stfu... anymore suggestions while we're here that would completely destroy the server before it even goes live?

How would this ruin the server?

#21 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 02:30 AM

better stop paying for the net then man, dunno how you can afford that

I am leeching the net off of someone else

#22 Bascojiin

Bascojiin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 730 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:43 AM

Make it 1$ aka 1 Reset Stone in order to leave Novice Ground for the FIRST TIME!. Every Char created after this can leave the Novice Ground without any restrictions or fee.

Whoever cant afford 1$ wont go to get other stuff from Kafra Shop, which means he wont make any revenue anyways - so why bother?

Other Option:

Welcome to your Journey Package @ Kafra Shop
Contains:
1 Reset Stone
100 White Pots (Special WPots which are not Tradeable/ dropable/ storageable and only weight 1)
40 FlyWings
20 Butterugly Wings
2 Battle Manuals (Not Tradeable/ dropable/ storageable)
Price: 150 Kafra Points
Notice: Can only be obtained via Special Shop NPC at Novice Ground and can only be opened via special NPC at Novice Ground. Take it with you to the real world will result in you QQing!

-------
Having you doing nothing to stop Bots from leaving Trainingsground results in Valkyrie2 which results in BotHeaven2 which is going to result in closing of the Server cause no one but bots and a few Hardcore guys playing it. Amen!

Edited by Bascojiin, 13 June 2012 - 05:45 AM.

#23 TrashBag

TrashBag

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 376 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:47 AM

Make it 1$ aka 1 Reset Stone in order to leave Novice Ground for the FIRST TIME!. Every Char created after this can leave the Novice Ground without any restrictions or fee.

Whoever cant afford 1$ wont go to get other stuff from Kafra Shop, which means he wont make any revenue anyways - so why bother?

Other Option:

Welcome to your Journey Package @ Kafra Shop
Contains:
1 Reset Stone
100 White Pots (Special WPots which are not Tradeable/ dropable/ storageable and only weight 1)
40 FlyWings
20 Butterugly Wings
2 Battle Manuals (Not Tradeable/ dropable/ storageable)
Price: 150 Kafra Points
Notice: Can only be obtained via Special Shop NPC at Novice Ground and can only be opened via special NPC at Novice Ground. Take it with you to the real world will result in you QQing!

-------
Having you doing nothing to stop Bots from leaving Trainingsground results in Valkyrie2 which results in BotHeaven2 which is going to result in closing of the Server cause no one but bots and a few Hardcore guys playing it. Amen!

how about making a series of random generated quests like kill specific monster, and collect specific stuff b4 u can leave training ground

#24 tavern

tavern

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:52 AM

Agree with the paywall of $1, $2 max per char, or even per account. Makes sense if they do end up implementing something like this.

#25 Akshaysanwal

Akshaysanwal

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 709 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 05:53 AM

Can they keep something like paying in WPE?
Since one can buy that from other players too.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users