Noob Struggling to lvl up. Help Please - Swordsman Class - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Noob Struggling to lvl up. Help Please

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mozza96

mozza96

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts
  • LocationLiverpool FTW
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 14 June 2012 - 12:45 PM

Hey all, i am a new character to iro (actually used to play years ago but treating myself as a noob due to renewal, also was never really any good!!!)

So i decided to create a Swordy, who is now a Knight, hoping to be a Rune Knight very soon ! I am currently lvl 90/50 and everything i am killing is only giving me 0.2 exp max, and this is SLOW. I am really struggling on lvling up at the moment and would appreciate any help.
I am doing a couple of the Eden Group quests, but again the 3 hour timer resets a bit of a pain.

So here is my stats and skills : - (boosted with berserk potion)

Str : 96+12
Agi : 71+5
Vit : 1+11
Int : 1+1
Dex : 40+7
Luk : 1+4

10 Spear Mastery }
10 Pierce } } ----These are the only ones im listing due to laziness, also these are my Main skills i use
10 Brandish Spear }

I havnt got Mega bucks, just enough to buy whites etc. I have a Hellfire and VVS Fire Lance which i regret buying due to my Hellfire being alot more effective.
PLEASE dont reply saying "you need a reset" or anything along these lines, im not going to do a reset, i like my character the way it is going, i just need a little help on what to kill. I dont mind mobbing either but due to low Vit obviously cant do this on very strong creatures.

Any advice would be VERY helpful. Thank you very much
Danny

#2 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 14 June 2012 - 04:36 PM

0.2% isn't that slow. I would probably be mobbing with brandish, given that setup. Post-renewal leveling is all about the bodycount.

I'm not very familiar with leveling pre-third job... but I want to give you one very important warning. Do NOT change to RK when you hit 99. Transcend first, and go through lord knight. Changing to third direct from non-trans really really seriously gimps your char. It deprives you of one of the most important skills in your skill tree (Spear Dynamo), as well as 25% hp and SP (which means your DB will be gimped) - You will not be able to participate successfully in endgame content if you change to RK from knight without going through lord knight.

#3 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

Your build is kind of strange. Normally people who go high AGI will go with two handed swords or sword related skills (bowling bash, two hand quicken). Spear builds tend to go high VIT and kill mobs with brandish for high exp, or pierce. You can still level with pierce right now I guess, but it will be a bit slow.

If you can, just join the gramps turn ins and you'll level up a lot faster. There are also sometimes nogg parties once you are 92 or higher. Once you rebirth (yes you MUST rebirth if you are doing anything serious with your character) you can choose another build and do not need to use reset stones or anything.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:23 AM

Yes, his build is sub-optimal - I'm honestly surprised that dex is cutting it, more than anything else. The agi vs vit hurts, because it makes mobbing harder, but that's why god made potions, with IHPR and knight HP, the low vit doesn't take mobbing out of the question. And he's still non-trans, and this is renewal, so he should be able to grit and bear it through to 99, and build it for greater effectiveness as High Swordie -> LK -> RK (presumably as Pierce/BB/CS SVDi LK, which would play much like he should be playing now, only with more durability)

Edited by DrAzzy, 15 June 2012 - 08:24 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users