• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Pallier

Pallier

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:57 AM

some of the stats and class skills need some changes...

wisdom should reduce the cost of your skills the higher your get the rank like every 2 points in wisdom does a 5% reduction in cost.... the regeneration is too slow in combat and healers that use it to boost heals more than any other stat is made to heal a party and after about 10 heals they are out of mana and need to spam potions which makes them carry a full bag of potions and leaves no room for drops or quest items.

agility should also increase movement speed and attack speed. a more agile person after all does move quicker.

critical hits should restor some mana based on the skill used (if it takes like 50 mana and the skill crits you should get 150 mana back a 3X return) which includes heals as well.

strength should improve armor

skill changes are needed as follows

cleric -
the heal with a casting timer should NOT have a cooldown.
slow healing from the buff shouldn't draw threat or it makes healing pointless without a tank that has some sort of aoe taunt.
a debuff they can cast that allows any player that hits the target to slightly regen some health based on the damage delt to that target.

archer-
the focus shot should have a longer range
archers need a pet of some sort (wolf, cat, some sort of wild animal) to draw threat and keep them from dying since they have no fear, stun, or slow effect.
the invisibility should give a % bonus to the first attack they do

mage-
mages need some sort of quick attack. most all their attacks are slow to cast and aren't really that good for fighting since anything with a stun, sleep, confuse, or fear can interupt and keep them from attacking.
a curse that stays on a monster for 30 seconds that if they die with the curse heals you for 2% of your total health... this way they won't die instantly when they go to use their aoe attacks on a large number of monsters so fast.

warriors-
should be able to use a ranged weapon to pull or attack from a distance even if it doesn't have skills to boost the attack
a buff they can place on others that makes all the threat that person causes to the warrior instead.

these are just from the first 20 levels of observation that I see that is needed.

#2 twotails12

twotails12

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 656 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

rangers have a movement reduce attack.

cleric heals should bring in thread (in alot of games its that way)

other than that i think this is really good >_.> cause right now the stats are like wtf

#3 Pallier

Pallier

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:47 AM

rangers have a movement reduce attack.

cleric heals should bring in thread (in alot of games its that way)

other than that i think this is really good >_.> cause right now the stats are like wtf

rangers movement slowing attack is a 30% chance at working not 100% and have a casting time to fire its not instant by the time you fire it off the enemy is on top of you because you can't move while firing it... your dead before it shoots so you have no way to slow the enemy to kite or get away.

cleric mini heals draw just as much threat as the big heals... the bigger the heal the more the threat so in other words the instant small heal shouldn't generate instant threat like a taunt that was my point.

Edited by Pallier, 15 June 2012 - 10:49 AM.

#4 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:44 PM

some of the stats and class skills need some changes...

wisdom should reduce the cost of your skills the higher your get the rank like every 2 points in wisdom does a 5% reduction in cost.... the regeneration is too slow in combat and healers that use it to boost heals more than any other stat is made to heal a party and after about 10 heals they are out of mana and need to spam potions which makes them carry a full bag of potions and leaves no room for drops or quest items.

agility should also increase movement speed and attack speed. a more agile person after all does move quicker.

critical hits should restor some mana based on the skill used (if it takes like 50 mana and the skill crits you should get 150 mana back a 3X return) which includes heals as well.

strength should improve armor

Where to begin, oh yeah, at the top. Wisdom shouldn't reduce cost, but should add more of a mana bonus than it does. Not sure how much mana heals cost, but it seems watching mid-high level Clerics they don't run into so many problems with auto-potions and mana.

In theory, agility should not increase attack speed even if this were the case. It would be strength. Being nimble doesn't make you quick at the arms. Strength affects your efficiency and ease in handling and moving heavy objects such as weapons or drawing the string of a bow. This is where most games go wrong. Agility is quickness of movement, yes, but without proper strength you cannot in reality move a weapon any faster. Anyway, if any stat were to increase attack speed, mages would be out of business, and you'd end up with characters straight agility attacking at insane speeds. Some weapons and gears I have seen thus far DO increase attack speed by a percentage, though they are not easy to find. Agility should stick to dodge rating. Another stat should be added (*Cough*LUCK*Cough) to affect critical rating with melee and ranged attacks so rangers don't end up with only 1 stat to focus on. Every class and build should have 2 focus points on stats. This would open another opportunity for a type of game play for warriors as well to go crit builds. I have no idea where the term KT comes from, but it's completely stupid. Call it critical. Seriously.

Critical hits restoring mana wouldn't be needed via first suggestion. Use auto-potions. Straight wisdom builds for Clerics shouldn't be having that many issues.

Strength improving defense is definitely viable, yet so far Vitality only has 1 use. HP increase. Defense should be improved by vitality, or vitality needs an added bonus seeing as it doesn't do so much for tanks as it should. Agility should NOT increase defense. It's ridiculously absurd and leaves tanking warrior classes 3 status points to focus on.

#5 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:47 PM

Also, I'd like to add, Clerics have a high threat for a reason. To give tanks a job. The common conception is that in PVP, you take the healer out first to make the rest of the party a cake walk. In PVE/PVM (whichever you choose to call it), if you have no other character to generate more threat (TANK [hence the term TANK]) you should be the first to go. If you're running a party and dying without a tank, that's your own mistake. It's common sense.

#6 Galinka

Galinka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:Dalphi

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:14 PM

As far as clerics go please do not touch how much they heal, To me they seem really powerful PvE wise, The mana front is kinda weird but its good enough to live! They do pull alot of aggro... Still my Cleric is sitting pretty, I can pretty much tank anything..

#7 TheOnlyTruth

TheOnlyTruth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:24 PM

As far as clerics go please do not touch how much they heal, To me they seem really powerful PvE wise, The mana front is kinda weird but its good enough to live! They do pull alot of aggro... Still my Cleric is sitting pretty, I can pretty much tank anything..

Thanks for a good comment, I've seen very few people complaining about it so it can't be that horrible.

#8 Galinka

Galinka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Yes, It seems pretty strong as far as classes go, You have to be fast to react and know your limits when your playing Clerics.. I can easily tank 10 mobs with ease, Sometimes i die quickly, I believe i could be a tank, That's my dream :p_idea:

#9 Wolfbaine

Wolfbaine

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:25 PM

Would be nice if the make the tree come down to like lvl 10 and each class can pick a element to forge their spells in

#10 Wolfbaine

Wolfbaine

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:35 PM

Would be nice if the make the tree come down to like lvl 10 and each class can pick a element to forge their spells in. Also would be nice for cleric to have a armor buff and or damage buff of some kind for expert dungeons

Edited by Wolfbaine, 16 June 2012 - 04:36 PM.

#11 Galinka

Galinka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:28 PM

Wolf check the Talent tree, On the bottom there is a spell that gives over 1k defence as a buff also M.atk and P.atk, Always check the talent tree for extra skills!

#12 Wolfbaine

Wolfbaine

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:39 PM

ya but you run 2 dungeons before you get talent tree

#13 Galinka

Galinka

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 186 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

Dungeons are meant for groups though.. I can solo them easily now.. I don't really have problems with anything, The talent trees are good, Atleast now.. Other classes probably have a tough time in dungeons, A warrior maybe.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users