Third Class skills compared to Trans Skills - Renewal Testing - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Third Class skills compared to Trans Skills

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 September 2010 - 01:14 PM

I've seen many people arguing that third class skills are bad because they're weaker than certain trans skills like Clashing.

If you take the time to think about it though, Third Class is not a set-in-stone post-trans class.

The skill progression is actually supposed to be, in my opinion:
First Class -> Second Class -> Third Class

We're just viewing them as a post-trans class because most all of us have multiple trans classes and the access to means of leveling that makes trans a necessity.

To me it stands to reason that someone who goes to 99 twice before going to third class has the right of access to powerful skills like Clashing, whereas someone who skips trans does not, even though they may have access to the same third class skills.

So, in my opinion, stop considering third classes to be more powerful than transcendent class character, but rather consider transcendence a powerful augmentation for third class characters.

#2 Astraeos

Astraeos

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 666 posts
  • LocationMars

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:48 PM

Some 3rd skills you cant use effectively if dont trans as well as there just isnt enough room for all the points... that on top of the +30% hp/sp theirs really no reason to not trans for 3rd class

Edit: In terms of DPS 3rd skills do considerable more dmg... some trans class skills do pretty considerable dmg... either way no reason to complain when levelin is supposed to be easier in renewal

Edited by Astraeos, 19 September 2010 - 03:57 PM.

#3 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 September 2010 - 03:57 PM

I understand that people should go trans before they go third class, but what I'm trying to point out is people are whining about the third class skills being weaker than transcendent skills, when this isn't necessarily a good thing to be complaining about.

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:08 PM

Illogical RO makes player reasoning illogical in turn.

#5 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 04:59 PM

All of the GX skills are superior to sin/sinx skills.

CI > linked SB
poison weapon > enchant poison (can use both if you want though)
cloaking exceed > cloaking

Everything i've tried on RG is superior to pally skills.
I'm not sure if EB and MR can be active at same time (i know they dont stack) like cast EB, cast MR first hit does EB damage subsequent hits do MR damage.

Same goes for SC.

I think on the whole 3rd job skills are stronger than 2nd job (trans or no) except for Gfist/bomb and now clashing spiral i think. Also a lot of trans skills get a boost from other 3rd job skills to make a more rounded char.

Edited by Hrothmund, 19 September 2010 - 05:00 PM.

#6 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:04 AM

Just remember trans is optional and it makes a lot more sense. Trans is still "reborn" mode and should be important.

#7 KriztanAlizun

KriztanAlizun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:10 AM

Cart Boost

#8 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 September 2010 - 06:24 AM

The skill progression is actually supposed to be, in my opinion:
First Class -> Second Class -> Third Class

I don't think that this is an opinion, so much as it is the truth of the matter.

The reward for Transcending is added HP/SP, more stat points, and access to a few specialty skills that fit the class, but fall outside of the class progression.

I would only be concerned if the prereqs for 3rd class skills were Trans skills (100 Spear having a prereq of Clashing, for example).

That's kinda why I don't like the requirement to use a bow for Severe Rainstorm. It doesn't fit for a class where the majority of their skills requires an instrement/whip.

Edited by Akin, 20 September 2010 - 06:26 AM.

#9 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:45 PM

My GX requires more than 49 2nd job skill points, so although i'd do it anyway for EDP etc, I have to be trans even if i wasnt going to use SD/MA/EDP.

#10 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 21 September 2010 - 06:22 AM

The way I see it, it is:

0-tier Job = Novice
1st Job = Thief