Returning for Pre-Renewal Server (Need some advice!) - Page 4 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Returning for Pre-Renewal Server (Need some advice!)

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#76 KayT

KayT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

Btw. If i recall correctly atk and matk had ^2 bonus for each 5 in str/int like matk=int+floor((int/5))^2 ( i was using mainly wizz whole preR so dont remember much about atk). So, while planning builds its important to remember about it. Its main difference between R and preR. Thats why maxed 99 stats builds were popular.

Edited by KayT, 27 June 2012 - 05:47 AM.

#77 M22T

M22T

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

Hi all! I heard about the Pre-Renewal server and I got all kinds of excited to play some RO. I never had the chance to get into RO as much as I would have liked back in the day (and renewal doesn't appeal to me), so this seems like a perfect time to get back into the game. This summer I can play a lot :)

I need some advice though - I never really got to "end-game" before. Leveling characters up pre-renewal is quite a grind - I'm completely okay with that, I just don't want to grind up a character only to find it's not fun. I don't have much end-game RO experience, so I am looking for some advice on which job I should play!

I want to play a job that...

• Ranged class (EDIT!)
  • Can level good solo (from scratch, obviously - no crazy items, no zeny, etc)
  • Useful for grouping
  • Effective in WoE (aka, not useless) (EDIT!)
  • Decent for MVP
  • Doesn't need a ton of crazy gear/cards to be good
I'm thinking about playing an archer/hunter. From what I remember, they were pretty good at leveling. I was thinking just a AGI/DEX build, because it's simple. I don't know how they are end game though - is hunter/sniper fun to play end game? I'd love to hear about your thoughts on the archer/hunter for this pre-renewal server, as well as any other suggestions.

What jobs did you guys play pre-renewal? What did you like about your job? pros/cons?

biochemist is a good choice for you though you will have to wait till its released and alchemist is.....

#78 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 09:05 AM

I didn't realize bard was 2-2 for Archer; that's interesting. It looks like they get a lot of very useful abilities, but I read:

• they don't receive the benefits of their own songs?
  • they move very slow while playing songs?
  • you can't use other skills while playing songs? Only Melody Strike, IF you are the song starter ( only applies to ensambles like Classical Pluck - you should be able to use melody strike all the time with say magic strings.
I can't even begin to imagine why a bard wouldn't receive benefits from their own songs. Is that true? Could someone explain the bard mechanics for me please?

Honestly, if bard had archer abilities and is able to do some solid damage, I would consider playing one. But from what I have read, sound like more of a second character / AFK bot kind of thing. I have some weird hours, and I don't want to have to rely 100% on leveling in parties.

Bard is an uncommon choice for a main character. I kinda laughed when I saw "bard" but when I applied it to the criteria the OP listed, I couldn't help but nod in agreement. Bard is certainly a solid choice with the same speedy start that hunters enjoy, without the steep falloff when party time comes along.

If you like to be the one doing the killing, I wouldn't recommend bard. Bards are generally scolded for stopping the music in order to deal damage. But if you like supporting others, everybody will love you for it.

Like I said melody strike, properly set up it does about equivalent damage to DS.

#79 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2012 - 10:38 AM

I remember when it was a big deal when a mischievous performer entered PvP.
Bard are really amazing when you have some guidance on how to play one.
I will be making one as one of my first characters for sure. Yah for multiple RO accounts.

#80 meoryou2

meoryou2

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1176 posts
  • LocationAFK in Ymir pront
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 27 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I remember when it was a big deal when a mischievous performer entered PvP.
Bard are really amazing when you have some guidance on how to play one.
I will be making one as one of my first characters for sure. Yah for multiple RO accounts.

It was amusing having a high INT / DEX bard and getting electric guitar and JT-ing wizzies / high wizzies to death in WoE :heh:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users