~*~ Ms ROSE 2012 Official Rules and Standards ~*~ - Page 24 - ROSE Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * - - 9 votes

~*~ Ms ROSE 2012 Official Rules and Standards ~*~

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
632 replies to this topic

#576 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:15 AM

Voting has ended and the winner will be announced on Tuesday (8.7.12). Thank you all for your votes and the fun fun drama.

#577 CamiLove

CamiLove

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 481 posts
  • Locationnowhere
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:44 AM

Goodluck to everyone :waddle:

Posted Image

#578 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:13 AM

Actually I can't decide who is sexier in their picture. Matt in his sunglasses or Sam. Tough decision. Thank you both again <3

#579 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:41 AM

as long some event is based on forum votes there will alway be room for unfair play

1. most votes will be based on popularity/friendship and not the quality of actual event subject
2. some might make "fake accounts" to get extra votes
3. some might force friends to finaly create forum accounts which would lead to suspition and questioning legality of votes
4. some might make "fake accounts" to vote for competition in hope he/she gets disqualified
5. if voting is taken from players hands and given to let's say GM/CM/DEV - people will be unhappy because their taste/opinion will not be heard AND some might even be suspicious of possible bribe or favorism

so... "safest" option would be not to do events... which is NOT what everyone wants

even if results of some event ARE based on "buying" votes, popularity etc, loosing hurts of course, but there is always a chance to win next year?

I would suggest making next event voting thing "live" - selected commitee/judges giving out their opinions live :)
using some kind of voice chat or ingame voting/judging event - more roleplaying!!!
at least it would be more fun hearing some ruthless harsh comments (that's one of resons why people watch Idol shows)

I would definitely love to watch/read/listen to something like this:

:p_hi:

PS - I am not accusing anyone - I just stated generic problems in such event types which usualy lead to rage/accusations/trolling/flaming/etc leaving everyone (organizers, contestants and voters) with bad "aftertaste"

Edited by Xenobite, 03 August 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#580 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:26 PM

This is intense!

#581 Akayo

Akayo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationLand of Confusion

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:38 PM

Rose Online is srs bzns.

#582 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:22 PM

Rose Online is srs bzns.

So true. ^_^

On the other hand, however, congratulations are in order. Despite the controversy, I congratulate each of the three finalists. It isn't easy to make it to the top three...

#583 UziDude

UziDude

Bourgeois Representative

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Co. USA

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:14 PM

Ummmm, I dun care when the "official announcement" is, MOM WON! *does happy dance :p_idea:

#584 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:22 PM

Honestly, I don't really get why everyone who read my earlier post took it so damn seriously lol.

I have no biased reasons to do it, as the contestant I wished would win didn't make it to the finals.

The real question is, would you guys prefer for your friend to win in a not so legit way or do you want a fair competition? I personally go for the fair competition, and as part of the community I felt like digging into the voters' lists to understand what was going on. And I was a little (just a little) bored so I did that. But it seems like playing the honest part gets you flamed and insulted around here, weird isn't it?

The contestants themselves would feel even happier knowing they won in a legit way, and I am not accusing anyone of anything with this, in my opinion if people made double accounts to vote for them its their own fault, because I doubt any of the contestants would go around and ask people to do that.

Anyway, may the best contestant win, and hopefully may the votes be counted fairly.

@borgahutt, this whole thread is full of posts accusing the whole poll thing to be unfair since first round, I don't get this particular anger towards me, I know bendersmom is your friend, and I'm fine with her or any of the 2 others winning just as much. Just wanted to point out something not really honest was going on, that's it.

nodramameng

#585 CoffeeMuse

CoffeeMuse

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1097 posts
  • LocationRose Forum Mod 2006-2011

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:33 PM

#586 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:49 PM

sumomi: the thing you said above about congrats or whatever, i cant view it right now, but to me youve shown that your happy for anyone to win. yes bendersmom is a friend, so i voted for her; and tbh never spoke to you, but youve shown what ms'rose should be. unlike some people you always seem to pick out the possitives and not the negatives as i spose its just a game. if bendersmom wasnt in the final i would of voted for you just for the way you acted about this situation.

Thanks you seem nice too :)

Note; I've cuddled with a cat I couldn't resist (it's just a kitten alright) and I'm allergic, so I happen to end up in bed during rest of my day :( however I feel like everyone tried as much as they could and I still remember entries from the first round , good job' (^___^')y

Another thing to think about; People aren't stupid or have invalid arguments just cause they spell wrong or lack English, (not pointing fingers), but rose is after all multicultural.

#587 BossDee

BossDee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 07:38 PM

Congrats mom.

#588 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:leonis

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:43 AM

To everyone thinking mom won yet : She hasn't. Or at least not yet. All the unbiased votes haven't been added and they count for 50% of the votes :

We have a certain amount of ROSE users who we feel are unbiased to be voting for 50% of the votes.

Nothing is certain about the winner.

#589 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:27 AM

To everyone thinking mom won yet : She hasn't. Or at least not yet. All the unbiased votes haven't been added and they count for 50% of the votes :

Nothing is certain about the winner.

Well then I guess my vote won't count, cause I was most certainly biased, as well as probably more than like 95% of the votes cast were. We all know we voted for friends, relatives, or whatever. So, because mom is my friend, my vote won't count? Then why bother to even do this? Bias is not a legitimate reason to nullify a vote. Now, if an account is a duplicate, that is a reason to nullify a vote. Either way, mom won unofficially, and we at 2Swords, are extremely proud of her accomplishment, and laud her. Now if you don't mind, while you try to rain on our parade, I am going to go do the happy dance with Uzidude.

#590 NamirBarades

NamirBarades

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1664 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:41 AM

Well then I guess my vote won't count, cause I was most certainly biased, as well as probably more than like 95% of the votes cast were. We all know we voted for friends, relatives, or whatever. So, because mom is my friend, my vote won't count? Then why bother to even do this? Bias is not a legitimate reason to nullify a vote. Now, if an account is a duplicate, that is a reason to nullify a vote. Either way, mom won unofficially, and we at 2Swords, are extremely proud of her accomplishment, and laud her. Now if you don't mind, while you try to rain on our parade, I am going to go do the happy dance with Uzidude.

That's not what she meant. There is another half to the voting. So Lets say its ranked in the order of bendersmom, blue, sumomi by the community--thats not necessarily how the other 50% of the votes will go. It could be ranked by this other voting group as sumomi, blue, bendersmom

There's two parts to the voting--The community vote and the vote by a smaller group. It was the same last round, I think thats how Bendersmom made it to the last round(I think she was fourth in votes for the second round--but I could be wrong). So, no, she has not won yet.

#591 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:27 AM

The competition was great, so many good entries. I feel very lucky and amazed at the support I received. The community vote means a lot to me and I thank you all that voted. My 2Swords family are the best group of people and I feel honored to be a part of them. So win or lose, in the words of the US Olympic winners, "I feel totally Awesome!" and I thank you.

All of the entries from the beginning have been creative and fun to see. That was the purpose of the contest and in that regard it was great.

Please no more arguing, flaming, etc. let this go as it will go. Nothing can be changed at this point. We will see what happens.

#592 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

We interupt your regular programming, to perform an emergency maintenance on this Topic.
Grab a cup of Coffee/cup of Tea, or whatever funky liquid refreshment you so fancy and we shall return soon

Edit: Topic cleaned up a little Folks, putting drama/insults/flaming aside.
Moving on....Posts containing messages of support for a Contestant, or who you think is going to win....welcome here. Everything and anything else...not welcome.

Edited by Naughty, 04 August 2012 - 10:47 AM.

#593 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:47 PM

Thank you much Naughty.

You gals and guys should be on Pins and Needles!

This one was super duper close!

#594 DigitalKitten

DigitalKitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4996 posts
  • Server:Leonis, Draconis

Posted 04 August 2012 - 01:52 PM

Interesting....

Can't wait O_O

Posted Image

#595 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:03 PM

I want to thank the One Forum user that voted for me in Round 1.
Didn't know until it was too late, that i could view who had voted for me.
Anyhooo I thank ye kindly and aslong as you are not of a stalking nature, hope I recieve a vote from you, on many more an occasion.

I would also like to thank my Mother, who without, this would never have been possible.
...and also to Dad. His scribbled love note, was deliberately passed onto the wrong woman (by his Friends) in 1964 and the rest as they say is History.

If i am to guess which one of the final three, i think i will throw my guess on Mom.

#596 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:12 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Naughty. All 3 of us deserve the title as well as some of the others that entered before the final too. We will have to wait and see!

#597 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:39 PM

Thanks for the vote of confidence Naughty. All 3 of us deserve the title as well as some of the others that entered before the final too. We will have to wait and see!

It has been very hard to choose. The three of you are very different and unique in your own ways.
As for the other rounds. There are a few Ladies that entered, that i would have loved to see win something.
Alas, thats not the way this goes, oh well, i wish you all the best of British aka luck from the Naughty Corner.

#598 Xenobite

Xenobite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:02 AM

...There are a few Ladies that entered, that i would have loved to see win something...

shouldn't they at least get flowers?
(at least top 10)

-------------------------------

some ideas for next years Ms Rose 2013

- ingame sponsored rewards (money sink) - there would be some special unique rewards that would be given out to winners only if certain amount of zulie is collected (donated) - (for example unique car, unique hair style, some jewelry (Im talking about VISIBLE jewelry) etc - feel free to come up with ideas)
those who donate most will get special credits on Facebook, Youtube, etc promotional material

- make things live/ingame - Gravity showed they are capable of hosting live video streaming, although they didn't use any announcer
there could be a selected commitee made from CM/GM/DEV/players which will do their judging LIVE
that way as I mentioned in few earlier posts we can at least have some good laughs with harsh comments and jokes made on contestants and their applications
they can use vent/teamspeak or such with strong punishment for bad language, although I'm sure if judges vere selected properly there will be no risk of it

- talent show part - because it is super hard to judge between drawings vs movies vs music vs other stuff AND to make it more entertaining - there should be few categories that all contestants have to go through no matter how horrible their skills are
- LIVE singing, submitted drawings /videos - they would not be displayed in public, instead those would be PMed to organizer (for example CM Shazamo) and only made visible during judging event
* all males would have to roleplay in squeaky fake girly voices for more fun :D

- more advertizing/promotion - promotional videos on youtube, on MAIN website, on loading screens, not just limited to Rose comunity - fun events from all WP games should have more cross-brand-comunity promotion - this can bring attention from more players from other WP titles to Rose and some rose players interested in other games - the bigger comunity is the more fun things are

-ingame event announcements - besides some GM announcements there should be some kind of billboards in game which will display promotonal picture (which can be changed weekly) so players who don't care about forums can see current and upcoming events
again, promoting events from other games would be nice too
I am not talking about "IM discounts" although you can promote those too on another board :D

back to ms rose:

- girly questions - those are always fun

- some /finals or such/ parts if event should be done in some special place ingame (for example dancing map) where there will be judges, contestants AND limited amount of audience which would have to buy super expensive tickets! let the rich people show their welth by having a chance to watch super rare events live at the right spot cheering for their loved ones or just showing off their rich presence there
* all abuse and misbehaviour would be strictly punished

** some mix of faction house and ballroom could be used for such events because faction house maps have galleries for audience
- maybe adding some simple models inside to limit audience movements etc

if anyone has some other ideas please feel free to fill in or if you like/hate some of these ideas feel free to comment them ;)

oops I forgot important thing!!!!

voting should be done not with 1 vote per person but instead giving some amounts of points (so called positional voting system- http://en.wikipedia....l_voting_system)

1 x 5 points
1 x 3 points
1 x 2 points
1 x 1 points

or so

with such voting system results will be more realistic

Edited by Xenobite, 05 August 2012 - 06:43 AM.

#599 Naughty

Naughty

Too Legit To Quit

• ROSE Moderators
  • 2657 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 12:00 PM

shouldn't they at least get flowers?
(at least top 10)

-------------------------------

some ideas for next years Ms Rose 2013

I really like your idea's Xenobite.

#600 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 06 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

There has been clammer about a Mr. ROSE 2012 and I'm all for it but I won't want to create it or run it at all. If you guys would like to do a Mr. ROSE 2012, please send me a PM of your idea of how it would go, prizes, contests, and all that jazz.

I'll be announcing the winner of Ms. ROSE 2012 Tomorrow (Hopefully)!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users