What is the point go back to classic? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * - - - 6 votes

What is the point go back to classic?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:15 AM

As i saw classic server and open novice account.at lvl 7 i quit.this is going to be hard time wasting hours lvlving again like what i had before up to now.what exactly we are doing here? what about my ymir account which is from classic RO sinced 2006?.what is the goal?.what will happen to ymir?

#2 PudinPuddy

PudinPuddy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 208 posts
  • Locationjumping out a window
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin + Chaos

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Classic for those "old school" gamers of Ragnarok that wanted pre-renewal back. I guess if youre not hardcore enough you'll quit. Ymir population will definitely decrease if pre-renewal goes well.

#3 nein

nein

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 267 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

a game designed for 10000 played by only 1000
what do you think will happen?

what will happen to ymir?

haha

#4 Blueflight

Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:45 AM

Nostalgia, which helps oldschool players that have quit come back to the game and spend money.

#5 balong

balong

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 277 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

with this kind of idea to go back again what i had so much hard times before.this is it.enough.

#6 JennieLemon

JennieLemon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:52 AM

Well, I never got into Renewal and missed Classic for quite awhile( sometimes change is just TOO MUCH TO HANDLE), I think most players the preservered through renewal have ended up really enjoying it, and a lot of people who just started playing RO wont understand the nostalgia of classic RO. It probably wont amount to anything, and Ymir and all the renewal servers are still there. Some people probably just prefer playing the old way.

#7 morphine

morphine

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1123 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 08:53 AM

Sounds like you should just stick with Renewal. Pre-Re isn't for everyone. >:)

Edited by morphine, 30 June 2012 - 08:54 AM.

#8 Himeyasha

Himeyasha

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 903 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

I quit about 1 month after renewal. I just couldn't enjoy it. I like my grinding.

#9 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

with this kind of idea to go back again what i had so much hard times before.this is it.enough.

Then do not play classic server. Lots of other players feel exactly like this about renewal: "I don't like this, I liked more the old mechanics, leveling system, woe, whatever".

For players who like preRe, play classic server. For players who prefer renewal, play Valk-ygg-ymir. ;)

#10 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:18 AM

50+ hours of grinding to 98->99 a non-trans Sage? **** that, I'm not doing that a 3rd time. :p_swt:

Now if I hadn't stopped being competitive in RO, then the pre-renewal server might have some calling.

#11 Symm

Symm

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 814 posts
  • LocationProntera Pub.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:19 AM

Im loving it so far. It reminds me of my Loki <3

#12 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:20 AM

I actually like the old mechanics, like the DEF, ASPD and stuff. But I don't have time for it anymore. I tried pre-renewal but got bored at lv 9. Grinding low level monsters isn't as fun as I did it when I was 13 years old.

But if you are planning to play in pre-renewal, right now is the best time to start. Like we all know, the game barely has a zeny sink. I do like the account bound item feature tho.

what will happen to ymir?

Either Ymir or Ygg will get shut down. They knew it was coming anyway.

Edited by xFireize, 30 June 2012 - 09:25 AM.

#13 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:31 AM

proverb: a dead horse attracts more flies than a living one

i will say though, i did at least make characters and started playing pre-renewal, and did spend a few kafra points instead of just continuing to ignore RO and play Tera and Pokemon Conquest. It's what I remember, know, and consider to be Ragnarok. While I may not devote nearly as much time to it as I did when I was younger, I plan on making an effort to at least play it, which is more than I can really say for renewal.

Edited by Sera, 30 June 2012 - 09:34 AM.

#14 Blueflight

Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 30 June 2012 - 09:38 AM

I tried pre-renewal but got bored at lv 9. Grinding low level monsters isn't as fun as I did it when I was 13 years old.

This prettymuch sums up my experience with Classic.

#15 Ryuudou

Ryuudou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLogic error.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:13 AM

This prettymuch sums up my experience with Classic.

You weren't meant to anyways then. Honestly the rest of the community does not care about your 9-5 job devotion or waning interest.

We do not feel the same way! Keep it to yourselves. We will enjoy the game without you. RO will continue without you.

#16 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:23 AM

You weren't meant to anyways then. Honestly the rest of the community does not care about your 9-5 job devotion or waning interest.

We do not feel the same way! Keep it to yourselves. We will enjoy the game without you. RO will continue without you.

Lol take a chill pill, kid.
He was keeping it to himself and merely stating his opinion. No need to start flaming coz it's really not a new discussion. Like you said, we do not feel the same way, so keep it to yourself. Logic error?

Edited by xFireize, 30 June 2012 - 10:25 AM.

#17 Ryuudou

Ryuudou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLogic error.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:30 AM

He was keeping it to himself

merely stating his opinion.

l2logic.

Nobody is flaming. On the contrary you're name-calling and this shows I must've hit a critical spot. You sound mad that I called you out on your public whining. Once again: keep it to yourself.

Nobody cares that you don't enjoy RO anymore. We don't want to hear it nor do we care. I know this hurts your feelings, but you're going to have to let that sink in. RO will go on without you, and we will have fun without you. I know this hurts. :heh:

Edited by Ryuudou, 30 June 2012 - 10:37 AM.

#18 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

Try harder. It's not funny yet. :yawn:

Edited by xFireize, 30 June 2012 - 10:34 AM.

#19 Ryuudou

Ryuudou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts
  • LocationLogic error.

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:36 AM

Waahh waaah. Somebody call the waaaahbulance. :yawn:

#20 Dmentd

Dmentd

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn over my head
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:41 AM

As i saw classic server and open novice account.at lvl 7 i quit.this is going to be hard time wasting hours lvlving again like what i had before up to now.what exactly we are doing here? what about my ymir account which is from classic RO sinced 2006?.what is the goal?.what will happen to ymir?

If you have to ask, you won't understand the answer.

#21 Valkayre

Valkayre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew World, S Texas District
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin Ch.15 ~ Alberta

Posted 30 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

If you have to ask, you won't understand the answer.

I totally agree with you.

Edited by Valkayre, 30 June 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#22 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:15 AM

Back to life, back to reality
back to the here and now yeah
show me how decide what you want from me
tell me maybe i could be there for you
how ever do you want me
back to life back to the present time
back from a fantasy

#23 omg1kas

omg1kas

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationCandyland
  • Server:Iris <3

Posted 30 June 2012 - 11:19 AM

I quit after 1 -2 months after renewal and after I got my genetic lvl 150. It was not the same or as fun ): Balanced my butt! I kno they changed a lot of the skills so they were not "OP" later on , but I just didn't like what they did to the game ): My whole alliance quit. Now that this server is going up; i'm getting texts and IMs from people i haven't tlkd to since then. It is very exciting for the oldskool kids! I'm not going to start playing until all these bugs are fixed though lol

I just hope evennnnnnnnnnntttttttttually I can transfer my characters I had since Iris and never 3rd classed them. Probably be a year or two before that though lol

Edited by omg1kas, 30 June 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#24 ensignfluke

ensignfluke

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

I tried this out today too only to realize again that there are just some things you can't go back to. It doesn't help that they went too far back in the time machine and to an alternate RO universe where what seems like a pre-Amatsu Midgard has the new Payon with misplaced old Payon portals and comes with a Kafra shop and Eden group. Ultimately confusing and not fun. Also there just isn't that wonder in exploring the game and finding all these new places and monsters after you've leveled in the same places and killed the same monsters over and over for countless hours...I do like the amount of people out and about in low level areas though. That makes me smile. And the undestroyed Morroc and it's music is always lovely.

Haven't played renewal either in a while and tried that too, only to remember how they ruined my super fun Shadow Chaser way before I ever got anywhere close to 150. Was the most fun I've had leveling with a character in RO, at least before the trap nerf.

I love this game for many reasons, but I hate what they've done to it.

Edited by ensignfluke, 30 June 2012 - 02:56 PM.

#25 idonothaveanname

idonothaveanname

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 775 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:55 PM

Its really not that bad. I am a level 40 after starting last night. Its not like renewal where you can rebirth after one or two days, because there is no rebirth on this server lol.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users