Blueflight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 226 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 02 July 2012 - 09:41 AM

Oh, thanks for pointing that out. My bad!

I believe the reason is that upgrades work differently in the formula. The upgrade atk boost seems to ignore def or something, I can't remember tbh.

Novice Battle Axe is 100 ATK, even though the description says it only gives 80. Normal Battle Axes (the level 1 equivalent) only give 80 ATK unupgraded. So for Merchants your advice about upgrading doesn't really apply unless I'm missing something.

#52 Anko

Anko

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 804 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

So after farming alarms for like 20 hours straight, and finally job changed to Wizard, I have one tip for all the mages out there; Don't Die.

I know it sounds stupidly obvious, but I initially didn't mind dying until I realize how much exp I'm losing.

I litterally died over 100 times in clocks tower and that means I could easily be at least 3 levels higher than I am now.

So don't be greedy; if there is any chance of dying, fly away asap. Especially once you hit jlv 45+ where every death is worth like 5-6 alarm kills.

My worst streak was 4 deaths in a row and I had to spend the next half an hour to get it back. I almost closed the game right there and then.

I die non stop. :D That said why do you do alarms instead of clocks when still mage. Unless you have tstorm to aoe them is it not better to kill clocks singly than alarms singly?

Just a question are all boxes sold on Kafra shops tradable?

The rental boxes cannot be traded and explicitly say that. Consumables like tokens were tradeable.

#53 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 02 July 2012 - 06:14 PM

Don't forget to do the Nile Rose quest for 1m+ exp and a slotted accessory.

#54 Sacriel

Sacriel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 334 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Classic

Posted 03 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

This is one of the reasons I thought I'd make this thread. The reason why Wolves, Mukas, Spores, Orc Warriors and Yoyos are superior exp is that their stats were boosted with the 11.1(I think that was rachel?) update. They don't hit hard, they have low hp but give multiple times the exp of other mobs on the same maps.

We unfortunately don't have any better options between Muka/Wolf/Yoyo/Orcs and...whatever comes next, Orc Dungeon 2, Toy Factory 2 etc. I would suggest just staying in one place until you can fight stronger mobs. Bybalan Island 2 is worth checking out since it's full of Vadons and Thara Frogs. Plenty of good cards to be found there!

Shhhhhh... You'll ruin my monopoly on all the great cards in Byalan! <_<. >_>

Edited by Sacriel, 03 July 2012 - 04:32 AM.

#55 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

In Prontera and Geffen, there are NPCs named "Merchant" who will trade you Red Potions in exchange for your loot. There are probably similar NPCs in other towns, too. The NPC in Prontera wants either 10 Jellopy, 10 Fluff, or 5 Shell per Red Potion. The NPC in Geffen wants either 10 Jellopy, 5 Shell, or 6 Chrysalis per Red Potion.

We can save some zeny by simply holding onto these particular loots and exchanging them when we're in the area. The savings are modest, but so are our wallets. Here are some examples:

1 Red Potion = 50z
10 Jellopy = 30z
5 Shell = 35z
6 Chrysalis = 24z
10 Fluff = 40z

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another great way to save money is to consider alternative healing items. When it comes to healing items, there are three things to consider: how much they heal, how much they cost, and how much they weigh. Weight becomes more important later in the game when it's time to compete in War of Emperium or when we want to stay on a certain map for several hours (or days) at a time. But for now, our concern will be heal and cost. We want the most bang for our zeny.
Here are some healing items and their zeny to health ratios. This will compare how much the item costs (with Discount 10) to how much it heals for (with 1+0 vit). Keep in mind that even without Discount or Haggle, the list would remain in the same order from best to worst.

(zeny : health)
Meat 1:1.89
Carrot 1:1.64
Monster's Feed 1:1.6
Red Potion 1:1.22
Orange Potion 1:0.7
Fresh Fish 1:0.53
Yellow Potion 1:0.42

This pre-renewal database may be helpful to find the NPC who sells what you're looking for. http://db.irowiki.org/olddb/

Edited by Nymmastal, 03 July 2012 - 10:22 AM.

#56 krossfire

krossfire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:35 AM

potion tip: great way to get cheap red potions is to go to cultverts or ant hell and farm worm peelings then exchange them for red pots in alde. 1 worm peeling = 1 red potion.

#57 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 03 July 2012 - 10:37 AM

sold mines for zeny... :( dang

had like 100... that would have been more helpfull than the zeny it got me... to buy potion .. guhh

#58 tunafist

tunafist

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Classic Chaos

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:34 AM

Another thing for those planning on being an archer, farm a bit on level 2 of the training grounds on Willows to get those trunks for an easy job change! :D

#59 idkDave123

idkDave123

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Does anyone know where I can get a sword mace?

Edited by idkDave123, 04 July 2012 - 07:41 PM.

#60 Joshiji

Joshiji

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 735 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:39 PM

Where would an archer go after myst cases?

#61 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 04:49 PM

After Myst Cases you can try clock tower, grand pecos, glast heim, high orcs. Honestly I feel when you reach a certain point that priests become invaluable.

#62 B3LLe09

B3LLe09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:38 AM

Uhm can anyone specify which map can i find the monsters for leveling from lvl 40 and up. I am an acolyte :thx:

#63 B3LLe09

B3LLe09

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:classic

Posted 12 July 2012 - 03:41 AM

Oh I am sorry I didn't notice the link to a page with a map xD

#64 TheAzureLight

TheAzureLight

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 110 posts
  • LocationThe Abbys~

Posted 15 July 2012 - 07:41 PM

No tips for Acolytes?

#65 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:23 AM

No tips for Acolytes?

Go to Amatsu, do Amatsu dungeon quest.

1.Kill firelocks
2. level up
3. Find card?
4.????/
5.PROFIT!

#66 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

When making carded weapons, remember to use different cads:

Quad Smashing (Orc Lady x4) vs High Orcs is +120%
Triple Smashing Bloody (Orc Lady x3, Hydra x1) vs High Orcs is +128%
Double Smashing Flammable Bloody (Orc Lady x2, Vadon x1, Hydra x1) vs High Orcs is +130%

For PVP, Quad bloody is +80% dmg. Double Bloody Double Boned (2x Hydra 2x Skel Worker) is +82% and +10 atk from the Skel worker Cards
Endow or convert for even more damage (:

#67 Bahamut2

Bahamut2

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationSpain
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 16 July 2012 - 01:47 PM

HArd combinations, im not a pro :(

#68 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:04 PM

When making carded weapons, remember to use different cads:

Quad Smashing (Orc Lady x4) vs High Orcs is +120%
Triple Smashing Bloody (Orc Lady x3, Hydra x1) vs High Orcs is +128%
Double Smashing Flammable Bloody (Orc Lady x2, Vadon x1, Hydra x1) vs High Orcs is +130%

For PVP, Quad bloody is +80% dmg. Double Bloody Double Boned (2x Hydra 2x Skel Worker) is +82% and +10 atk from the Skel worker Cards
Endow or convert for even more damage (:

Derp Derp

Edited by Tetsamaru, 16 July 2012 - 10:34 PM.

#69 asayuu

asayuu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2762 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 04:44 PM

To piggy back off of this. When going for status effects off of gear/cards in general, if you have a specific monster in mind, then it's better to go for different effects over stackign the same effect over and over again.

Stacking the same effect is only additional.
Example: Armor that reduces Neutral damage by 25% and a garment that reduces Neutral damage by 25%, this will equal 50% neutral resistance. 1000 neutral damage reduced to 500.

Stacking different effects is multiplicative if a monster meets all the requirements.
Example: Armor reduces neutral damage by 25% and a garment that reduces damage from large monsters by 25%. If you plan to use this combo for attacking Large monsters. Then when a large monster attacks you, this will equal 62.5 resistance total. 1000 neutral damage reduced to 375 instead.

Ofcourse this does mean your particular combo of eqiupment will only be good for monsters that meet all the requirements. So if you need something more evened out, you can just go for additional effects.

Wait what?

For defense, it's the opposite. You have to stack more of the same.

25% neutral + 25% neutral = 50% neutral, 1000 lowers to 500.

25% neutral = 1000 lowers to 750.
25% large = 750 lowers to 562.5.

----

Hmm... Is there any place I can finish my archer (-> dancer) jobs, considering Hodes are too low-rewarding and Stings are too hard?

#70 Tetsamaru

Tetsamaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1458 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:32 PM

Ah my bad, re-read my post again. I was totally mashing up my regular defence and card bonus's together in some weird formula. Not sure what was going through my head at that time.

#71 Easly

Easly

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1716 posts
  • Server:ymir/valk

Posted 19 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

Does anyone know where I can get a sword mace?

npc bottom left morroc

#72 RunningWild

RunningWild

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 225 posts
  • LocationUpstate NY

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:39 AM

So any Archer tips? I'm level 14 and I'm having a hard time since I have no armor besides a jacket, basic Bow and I have little money for arrows (or cheap healing items, butterfly wings, etc). I attack way too slow and deal too little damage to reliably hunt monsters for my level without getting damaged, and at the pace I'm going I'm gonna be broke from arrow useage, and I'm trying to save up for at least a composite bow

Also wondering if there is a site out there with a world map with monster listings. I know there used to be one years ago, but it's long gone now.

Edited by RunningWild, 25 July 2012 - 07:40 AM.

#73 Gunkar

Gunkar

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 327 posts
  • LocationLes Écureuils
  • Server:Ygg, Valk, CLASSIC

Posted 26 July 2012 - 04:31 AM

equip a knife and go break some eggs... ?

#74 Zodiac89

Zodiac89

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 326 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:51 AM

So any Archer tips? I'm level 14 and I'm having a hard time since I have no armor besides a jacket, basic Bow and I have little money for arrows (or cheap healing items, butterfly wings, etc). I attack way too slow and deal too little damage to reliably hunt monsters for my level without getting damaged, and at the pace I'm going I'm gonna be broke from arrow useage, and I'm trying to save up for at least a composite bow

Also wondering if there is a site out there with a world map with monster listings. I know there used to be one years ago, but it's long gone now.

Get fire arrows if you can afford it from the Sunken Ship npc, there's a boat ride from Alberta there on the top right side of the map. Then go to mandragoras, one east and one north of Prontera, you can snipe them without getting hit since their range is short and they're immobile. When you get to level 20-25 you can go to floras and do the same thing, they're one west and three north of Prontera, just be wary of the argoses(aggressive spiders) and don't walk into the floras because they hurt when they can reach you.

This map has mostly accurate spawns, except for the recent changes that you can find in the Classic patch notes section: http://rode-r.doddle.../worldmap_ep5/#

Edited by Zodiac89, 26 July 2012 - 06:33 AM.

#75 xGab

xGab

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts
  • Location/where
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 27 July 2012 - 04:12 PM

Kinda late but....saw this for Training Grounds.....easy to level 9/7

Edited by xGab, 27 July 2012 - 04:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users