4 replies to this topic

#1 Adrianofernandes

Adrianofernandes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 11:04 AM

Hey everyone.

So, I'm back to RO after a considerable time hiatus (not playing since Satan Morroc...). My favorite class has always been Sage/Professor, and now that Sorcerer has got Diamond Dust/Psychic Wave/Tornado/Arrullo, I'm blindly in love again with the class. So, I made an adpatation of my Professor build i had before I quit to adapt it to my future Sorcerer. There it goes:

Stats (considering equips, and bonuses):

STR - 26+4 (just for weigth/WoE);
AGI - 46+4 (stat resistance for WoE/PvP);
VIT - 99+6 (HP)
INT - 120+20 (I'm uping my own way... And I'll be a part caster, as I said)
DEX - 99+21 (After the renewal, I was surprised to see how cast time has been severely changed. I don't see any reason to max Dex minslessly to 110-120 just to get a -3% cast reduction)
LUK - 6 + 4

Should I slow down a bit of my Int over Dex? I'm seeing that the "new post-renewal school" appreciates int over dex a bit more than we from the "old omg-150-dex-instantcast school"... hahaha

Secondary Stats:

Max HP: 31008 / Max SP: 2069 / MDEF: 222+15 / HIT: 448/ FLEE: 302 / MATK: 274+170 / HP Regen: 162 / SP Regen: 62

Equips (considering a WoE situation):

Eraser (rod); Orlean's Server w/ Thara Frog; Crown of Deceit w/ Isilla; Robo Eye + Ninja Scroll; Valk Armor w/ Peco Peco; Nydhoggr Shadow Garb w/ Raydric; Diabolus Boots w/ Fallen Bishop (DREAM!); 2x Orlean Gloves w/ Zerom

According to the calc I used, I'd be hitting an avg. 35k Psychic Wave (w/o Deep Sleep status; 1.3 sec cast and w/o buffs) on Bio3 monsters, which I used as a proxy for avg PvP/WoE players

Overall comments:

You know, I'm uping this char all by myself... I know full agi/int sage builds up way faster with Kaahi + Spirit of Sage than casters, but I have always played as a caster, and that is my destiny, even when it comes down to get to 99 as a sage/scholar (wish me luck...) xD

And I don't know how the hell I'm gonna get money for those expensive equips, but that is an endgame build, so dreaming is allowed.

Well, thanks for the help ;)
Hope to see you guys at Valk

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:04 PM

The stat allocation is fail. NEVER EVER put on STR for Weights on a mage character unless they are a Battle Sorcerer build (heck, even I know battle sorc builds that have 1 STR because they rely more on AGI)..... It's a complete waste of points.

#3 Adrianofernandes

Adrianofernandes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

Right... So, any other comments besides the STR error?

#4 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

Stats
-What are you aiming for damage or support/disable skills?
-Most sorcs have some luck because luck is useful in renewal mechanics. That str you got=luck.
-Also you may as well get 100 vit/100dex
-Sorc HP got nerfed, okay? We lost some survivability because of it.
-Unless you are a FS/soldier sorc, int 120 always.Why? Sorc skill formulas love int more than matk.

Gears
-First of all magic damage is nerfed in renewal so don't expect to be killing droves of people in WoE.
-That said, your guild would generally like to you focus on staying alive/supporting/disabling, I prefer combat knife.
-Shield you want a Valk or Immune.
-Garment-Immune/Deviant Heroic Backpack if you can afford otherwise Anti sniping Nyd.
-Headgear is fine just change the card to Katheryn Keyon and you're good.
-Orleans gloves? what exactly do you hope to accomplish? Spells have fixed cast times now. Stacking variable reductions has limited use because of it. Diablous Ring/Glorious Ring/Carefree Accessory is what you want.
-Mid head gear -Black frame glasses[1]

Gear For leveling (pwave/kaahi BS)
-+10 Thorn staff of destruction/Skull Cap/Orleans Gown/+9 Heroic Backpack/Varient shoes
-Change shield as needed (or not)

Skills
-Aurrilo got nerfed to hell, don't get it. extreme Vacuum is for the WoE sorc.
-So is Warmer, thaws bishes out of frozen and heals a bit too.

Eh, lazy...gonna go back and play classic now.

#5 Adrianofernandes

Adrianofernandes

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

K, thanks ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users