[HELP] keep popping up Ragnarok Setup window - Renewal Technical Support / Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

[HELP] keep popping up Ragnarok Setup window

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 skll

skll

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:36 AM

Hi, i've encountered some issue when i tried to login to classic RO by clicking the icon named ClassicRO in the Gravity>Ragnarok Online it will pop up the classic ro window howver when i clicked on the Start buttion it popped up the Setup window.I've tried to stop this window at the task manager however it was not work. As such i have to force shut down my pc then the Setup window only will disappear.

Everytime i tried on this ClassicRO it gave me the same issue. When i restart the pc, i've faced another issue which is my desktop is disappear i cant see anything at all.

Need your assistance please.

#2 TheUraharaShop

TheUraharaShop

Awarded #1 Troll

• RO Fungineering
  • 962 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:My Dreams + Loki

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:41 AM

Run Classic RO as administrator, click click on it and near the top you should see "Run as Administrator"

Hope that helps

#3 Valkayre

Valkayre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 167 posts
  • LocationNew World, S Texas District
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin Ch.15 ~ Alberta

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

you need
DirectX
http://www.microsoft...ails.aspx?id=35

more than likely

EDIT:

Either that or what TheUraharaShop says

i got that problem a few days ago in a netbook.

Edited by Valkayre, 05 July 2012 - 10:43 AM.

#4 Krispin

Krispin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 787 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

Yeah you have to run the game and the setup tool in administrator mode or it just does that.
A strange problem.

The first time the game runs it automatically opens the setup program, but without administrator mode it can't save the settings so it has a cow and just keeps popping up the setup program every time its closed.

Edited by Krispin, 05 July 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#5 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:08 PM

Yeah you have to run the game and the setup tool in administrator mode or it just does that.
A strange problem.

The first time the game runs it automatically opens the setup program, but without administrator mode it can't save the settings so it has a cow and just keeps popping up the setup program every time its closed.

The issue happens when the game is (correctly) running as admin, but the setup program that it's launching ISN'T being run as admin.

The logic is that the game looks for settings, and if it doesn't find settings, it runs the setup program. Since the setup program gets launched as non-admin, it isn't able to save the settings. So you exit it, and the game tries to run again, and then it finds no settings (since they weren't saved correctly due to UAC), so it starts the setup program again

Solution is to run setup as admin and choose the appropriate settings.

#6 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2012 - 04:49 AM

The issue happens when the game is (correctly) running as admin, but the setup program that it's launching ISN'T being run as admin.

The logic is that the game looks for settings, and if it doesn't find settings, it runs the setup program. Since the setup program gets launched as non-admin, it isn't able to save the settings. So you exit it, and the game tries to run again, and then it finds no settings (since they weren't saved correctly due to UAC), so it starts the setup program again

I don't understand why Setup.exe's attempts to access the registry aren't virtualised. Isn't that exactly what is supposed to happen?

UAC's virtualisation "feature" seems like yet another signature Microsoft catastrophe to me.

#7 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

Do you happen to know what file the settings are saved to when classic RO is opened as admin?

I'm trying to bypass having RO opened as admin as I am running classic for the first time (renewal works fine). However, likewise, the setup window keeps opening.

#8 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 09 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

Do you happen to know what file the settings are saved to when classic RO is opened as admin?

I'm trying to bypass having RO opened as admin as I am running classic for the first time (renewal works fine). However, likewise, the setup window keeps opening.

The Classic client's configuration is stored in the registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Gravity Soft\Ragnarok. I think the Renewal client also saves some of its settings in the same key. Granting the Users group full access to this key in Registry Editor may resolve the problem you're experiencing.

Warning: Making any errors while editing your registry could break your Windows installation. You should therefore always backup your registry using System Restore before making any changes to it.

Edited by Axylus, 09 August 2012 - 11:24 PM.

#9 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:59 PM

Oh, thanks. What I have been trying to do is use Classic RO on an external hard drive. However, when I do open classic RO, it forces me into setup which I cannot avoid without administrative rights to run as. But, on the other hand, renewal RO works perfectly fine from the external hard drive.

I used a friend's laptop to run classic RO from the external hard drive and it worked on her laptop passing through setup. Transferring it back to another computer, though, it does not work and continues to be stuck at setup which keeps popping up.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

#10 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 12:32 PM

Nevermind, I fixed it. If anyone wants to run RO with an external hard drive, can't get past administrative rights (aka run as adminstrator), and want to play on a school library computer and can't get past the settings constantly popping up, open task manager, find the classic ro client, click on "uac virtualization" and the client will bypass the settings and run normally (: Pretty much the result of frantically playing with random options out of desperation #notcomputersaavyatall

#11 skll

skll

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 12:08 AM

This issue was resolved after i had uninstall and reinstall it, how ever it pop another issue after recent update. and i cant play it again.

#12 Kirito625

Kirito625

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:21 AM

I got this too. Any idea on how to get back into the RO Setup window to change resolutions? I can't find the setting to do so after saving it the first time around

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 29 November 2012 - 11:27 AM

Run RO as administrator to deal with setup popping up repeatedly. Ideally, set the RO shortcut to always run as admin - things work better that way.

To change settings after setting it up the first time, open the RO folder and run Setup (must be run as admin on Vista/7/8 ). For classic server setup, run Classic Setup instead. Some people report that they need to use Classic Setup to change settings for renewal client too. I have not experienced this.

#14 Trixdee

Trixdee

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1647 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Renewal: Chaos

Posted 29 November 2012 - 01:12 PM

I'm getting Error No Clientinfo file when I try to start the client

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users