Dual-boxing and alternative accounts in iRO. - New Player Zone and General Guides - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Dual-boxing and alternative accounts in iRO.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Laliluleloo

Laliluleloo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

I was wondering, if Dual boxing ( playing to accounts at the same time ) means getting banned, and by this i mean playing two without ANY third party program, and this question also makes me wonder is the use of alternative accounts is also bannable? even if you play them at the same time or in separate instances.

Sorry for my bad english.

EDIT # 1

Also, in case anybody asks, i already searched the forums and i found "Dual client" in the Terms and abbreviations post but i found nothing about if it is illegal.

Edited by Laliluleloo, 05 July 2012 - 05:47 PM.

#2 Atha

Atha

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1254 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

Dual clienting is legal, and is enabled in the Renewal client.

It is not yet enabled in the Classic client, but they are working on adding it.

#3 Laliluleloo

Laliluleloo

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Awesome, that means alternative accounts is ok too, thanks for the fast answer, later.

#4 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 05 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Yes. Go for it, everyone has multiple accounts. I have 6, and when I was more active, I'd often have 4-5 of them logged in at once.

You should have all your alternate accounts bound to the same warpportal account as your main account (so, log into your current warpportal account, and create a new game account). That way you can more easily manage the accounts, and it also makes clear to the GMs that you own both accounts (occasionally this is beneficial, if you end up having to get GM help with something).

Edited by DrAzzy, 05 July 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#5 DatchaRO

DatchaRO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationNear Detroit,MI
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:NightFlyte/Lum/Elwing

Posted 05 July 2012 - 08:43 PM

curious...what type of box can really run the 5 clients? Maybe multi-core'ing I guess. and maybe its' just due to me having older PC (plain pentium M.. 2ghz and can still notice some sluggishness running 2 :) heck, I get occasional stutters with 1 client and 1 idle warpportal forum window in chrome...(seems to refresh at times then stutters the system including RO)

#6 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 July 2012 - 09:19 PM

It's a 6-core Phenom 2 with 16GB of ram (never seen it using more than 8GB though, coulda saved some money on memory)

Generally speaking, on a dual core computer, 2 RO clients will run comfortably. On 4 and 6 core systems, if you try to open one client per core, the last one ends up responding slowly (hence, 3 clients running comfortably on quad core, 5 on 6-core, etc).

You're experiencing poor performance upon browser refreshes because you don't have a multicore processor.

#7 markllie

markllie

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:00 AM

how to use it? i tried opening two dual client there is an error

#8 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:21 AM

Click OK and then click Play...

#9 markllie

markllie

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 02:23 AM

suppose i can't log in bcoz of the maintenance or the error log in might try it later

#10 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2013 - 07:42 AM

Remember that in order to open a second client, the first one must be minimized.  :p_idea:

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 December 2013 - 11:19 AM

You get a failed to write error now on patching if there is another client open. Disregard it, abs click play to start another client.

If your are getting a different error, post what it is.

I have never heard of anyone being to minimize ro clients to dual client, what happens if you don't?

#12 Erydanos

Erydanos

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1159 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 15 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

I have never heard of anyone being to minimize ro clients to dual client, what happens if you don't?

Mmm...just checked...nothing bad happened.  :questionmark:

I remember that when I was searching info about multi-clienting I happened by a thread that said you had to do that...I don't remember well...or maybe it was that you had to been already logged into an acount on the first client, before attempting to open a second? :p_swt:

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 15 December 2013 - 01:25 PM

There was a bug that effected some people a while back, where you had to be tricky to make the second client open, but I don't think that still happens. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users