How to report bots... -effectively- - Page 10 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to report bots... -effectively-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
294 replies to this topic

#226 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 01 November 2013 - 11:56 PM

How about reporting them together with a recorded video as prove of their botting action/behavior, will this ensure the GM to do their job and ban the botter? (any recommend program that can record the game play?)

Banning them is the only way to prevent this happen, if GM fail to maintain the fairness of the game and created the situation I mention above, probably i will leave Ragnarok once and forever. I really love this game and GM please do your job banning them before they ruined the IRO like what they done to fRO.

there is a record function built in to the client itself. you can attach those rrf files to tickets and it'll help GMs better than just regular screenshots.

also, iRO has recently hired someone whose sole job is to ban bots. of course there will still be bots and zeny sellers, but i would hope they are not as rampant as on fRO

#227 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 November 2013 - 05:34 AM

I have a question about bots. From what I understand, bot programs are able to react to the existance of players, like teleporting and stuff, right? And if you PM them, then they can be programmed to D/C to avoid accusations and to avoid being online when the GMs come to take a look. Well, can they also react to a player with a specific headgear?

Here's my idea, if someone reports a bot, and the bot is banned, the person reporting the bot can recieve a useless, but distinctive aura or headgear signifying that they're kind of like a "bounty hunter" or "possee" kind of deal. If this becomes popular enough, then the programmers who make the bots will implement an option in the bot program that will D/C, wing or take some other measures that will avoid such characters. But if the bots constantly encounter players wearing that headgear or displying the aura, then they'll always D/C, so there won't be a need to worry about them. For those that disable that option, then they run the risk of being reported.

And another thing. Is it possible to sift through the logs to see what an accused bot has been doing? For example, trades? If I was to use a bot, I certainly wouldn't want to use my main account. If my account gets banned, ALL that time, zenny, money, items, etc would get deleted. So I'd make a second account for that, and then trade/transfer that stuff to my main account. How do you think these bots that get banned still have novices in towns promoting sites that have "20 bil"? Because your cutting off the tail when you ban a farming bot. The tail can grow back. If you can check to see what account the bot is transfering money/items to, then you can ban the main account, resulting in the "website" losing all their money. No money means no sales for them. They go out of business. Might be a temporary solution, but then if everyone was vigilant on the bots, then it'd take forever for those sites to regain their "20 bil zenny". And as for those bot accounts being VIP, this would definitly be a money maker. When the main account gets banned, they lose their VIP status. Then they sign up for a new "main" account and sub accounts to bot with again. If they give their new main account VIP, that's more money due to those "websites" buying VIP status for a second time in one month.

Also, I saw some posts here where some people suggested giving "banning" powers to the people. Well, I don't like that idea at all, but I do like the idea of at least one person, like one of the "volenteers" on these forums getting the power to teleport people. If you give a responsible player the power to teleport, you can teleport a bot to a specific map, then gauge their reaction. For example, I've seen some bots on the field east of Payon, there's one specific character that will go after one of the Jaxx that carries the organic Pumpkins. EVERY time he encounters one, he attacks and dies. When he warps back to town, he goes right back to the same field. I'm thinking that if an accused bot is teleported to a nearby town, they'll just walk back to the same field to continue hunting. If he does, then it's a confirmed bot. If it's a bot, then the bot can get "jailed" by being teleported to a map with no exits and no monsters until a GM can ban them. That's one of the "jobs" of a player in another game I used to play. If someone reported to them the existance of a bot, they'd investigate them, then if it was deemed that the character was in fact a bot, they'd get "jailed" and possibly banned.

And sorry for mispells and jumping topics and stuff. I'm tired as hell and am just typing random ideas. lol But one more question, is there a way to view videos that I've taken? I have a few videos (especially a hilarious one of a bot trying to hunt a rocker that was stuck behind a portal, and the bot kept changing maps trying to get to it. lol) that I'd like to use to report, but I wish to be able to look at them to be sure which videos are which.

#228 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:07 AM

the replay button on the patcher can play those rrf files for you :P

#229 belld1711

belld1711

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1730 posts
  • LocationWhere ever you want me to be.

Posted 02 November 2013 - 06:39 AM

...so THAT'S what that was for... /swt I never really paid attention. Thanks.

#230 itsyaboyitsyaboy

itsyaboyitsyaboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:23 AM

I have a question about bots. From what I understand, bot programs are able to react to the existance of players, like teleporting and stuff, right? And if you PM them, then they can be programmed to D/C to avoid accusations and to avoid being online when the GMs come to take a look. Well, can they also react to a player with a specific headgear?

Here's my idea, if someone reports a bot, and the bot is banned, the person reporting the bot can recieve a useless, but distinctive aura or headgear signifying that they're kind of like a "bounty hunter" or "possee" kind of deal. If this becomes popular enough, then the programmers who make the bots will implement an option in the bot program that will D/C, wing or take some other measures that will avoid such characters. But if the bots constantly encounter players wearing that headgear or displying the aura, then they'll always D/C, so there won't be a need to worry about them. For those that disable that option, then they run the risk of being reported.

And another thing. Is it possible to sift through the logs to see what an accused bot has been doing? For example, trades? If I was to use a bot, I certainly wouldn't want to use my main account. If my account gets banned, ALL that time, zenny, money, items, etc would get deleted. So I'd make a second account for that, and then trade/transfer that stuff to my main account. How do you think these bots that get banned still have novices in towns promoting sites that have "20 bil"? Because your cutting off the tail when you ban a farming bot. The tail can grow back. If you can check to see what account the bot is transfering money/items to, then you can ban the main account, resulting in the "website" losing all their money. No money means no sales for them. They go out of business. Might be a temporary solution, but then if everyone was vigilant on the bots, then it'd take forever for those sites to regain their "20 bil zenny". And as for those bot accounts being VIP, this would definitly be a money maker. When the main account gets banned, they lose their VIP status. Then they sign up for a new "main" account and sub accounts to bot with again. If they give their new main account VIP, that's more money due to those "websites" buying VIP status for a second time in one month.

Also, I saw some posts here where some people suggested giving "banning" powers to the people. Well, I don't like that idea at all, but I do like the idea of at least one person, like one of the "volenteers" on these forums getting the power to teleport people. If you give a responsible player the power to teleport, you can teleport a bot to a specific map, then gauge their reaction. For example, I've seen some bots on the field east of Payon, there's one specific character that will go after one of the Jaxx that carries the organic Pumpkins. EVERY time he encounters one, he attacks and dies. When he warps back to town, he goes right back to the same field. I'm thinking that if an accused bot is teleported to a nearby town, they'll just walk back to the same field to continue hunting. If he does, then it's a confirmed bot. If it's a bot, then the bot can get "jailed" by being teleported to a map with no exits and no monsters until a GM can ban them. That's one of the "jobs" of a player in another game I used to play. If someone reported to them the existance of a bot, they'd investigate them, then if it was deemed that the character was in fact a bot, they'd get "jailed" and possibly banned.

And sorry for mispells and jumping topics and stuff. I'm tired as hell and am just typing random ideas. lol But one more question, is there a way to view videos that I've taken? I have a few videos (especially a hilarious one of a bot trying to hunt a rocker that was stuck behind a portal, and the bot kept changing maps trying to get to it. lol) that I'd like to use to report, but I wish to be able to look at them to be sure which videos are which.

lol

#231 Aids2010

Aids2010

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationShillong, India
  • Server:Classic (Mostly), Renewal

Posted 28 November 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm sorry to be doing exactly what has been said NOT to do, but I have absolutely no other option.

WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH THE SUPPORT/TICKET SYSTEM?!?!? I've been trying for DAYS to send in tickets to u guys to no effect! FIX YOUR DAMN SUPPORT!

I tried 1st with Mozilla but it kept giving me the "Unable to load page" web browser error. And only ONCE did it show me the error as the image below. After a couple of days of trying, I tried submitting a ticket through Internet Explorer, and on every occassion I got the same error message as shown in the image below.

28i1.jpg

Now, on to the heading of this topic, there is a sinX named "Green Ranger." (excluding the " ") that's been botting for DAYS on end without being removed/banned. I've tried like..what...15+ times now, to send a ticket through the support ticket system to no effect. This bot KSes as well, which makes it all the more worse. Do check into it and kindly do the needful (permanent ban). Anyway, thats all. Ty in advance and sorry for reporting the bot this way, but like I said, I have no other option. The guy will prolly see this post and stop botting on that char, but there is no other way. Sorry.

Here are the links to the screenies...

1. http://imageshack.us...3/7057/zkw6.jpg

2. http://imageshack.us...0/2742/xdnf.jpg

3. http://imageshack.us...3/6973/c95e.jpg

4. http://imageshack.us...0/5152/w9tp.jpg

5. http://imageshack.us...8/5382/vam2.jpg

P.S.: Mister Green Ranger., you can take these screenies and shove it up your whatever. Have a nice day. :p_smile:

#232 ShabuShabu

ShabuShabu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 01:15 AM

I just lure a mob of aggro monsters to them and watch them fly away...

Edited by ShabuShabu, 29 November 2013 - 01:22 AM.

#233 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 29 November 2013 - 05:46 AM

You should PM that information to a staff member, do not use forums or other public mediums to try to report botters, all you do is warn them that a GM might be coming!

#234 Azuraken

Azuraken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 29 November 2013 - 06:58 AM

I hope they hire a few more people to fight against botters, I see wayyyyyyy too many when I play and it discourages me from playing this game, as it is unfair that they could farm and loot with no penalty.

Notable zones are Baylan Dungeon (Phens), Payon Dungeon level 2 (archer skele/soldierskele cards), Spores/Boa (strawberries), Comodo Dungeon(TharaFrog card), Alligators/Flora(i have no idea? maneater flowers?)

I think iRO has to check the transactions from the bots to see who they Trade "give" their farmed items to and ban the root source of it. Since it's free to play, new accounts can be made :(

*edit* holy -_-, i just went to geffen dungeon to kill some deviurchies, omfg the poisonspore/hunterflies are filled with 50+ bots rogues farming hunterflies for their cards.

Edited by Azuraken, 29 November 2013 - 11:51 AM.

#235 SSkeith

SSkeith

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • Server:Chaos Server

Posted 30 November 2013 - 07:50 AM

I hope they hire a few more people to fight against botters, I see wayyyyyyy too many when I play and it discourages me from playing this game, as it is unfair that they could farm and loot with no penalty.

Notable zones are Baylan Dungeon (Phens), Payon Dungeon level 2 (archer skele/soldierskele cards), Spores/Boa (strawberries), Comodo Dungeon(TharaFrog card), Alligators/Flora(i have no idea? maneater flowers?)

I think iRO has to check the transactions from the bots to see who they Trade "give" their farmed items to and ban the root source of it. Since it's free to play, new accounts can be made :(

*edit* holy -_-, i just went to geffen dungeon to kill some deviurchies, omfg the poisonspore/hunterflies are filled with 50+ bots rogues farming hunterflies for their cards.

I have sent many tickets to report the bot armies of that dungeon, they did ban them, but another new batch of bot armies will just dispatch to the dungeon again within few hours to continue the hunting. WP need to find a way to break out this endless loop, else someday this game surely will meet its end..

#236 Azuraken

Azuraken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:04 PM

IP ban them so they can't make a new account

#237 CatMuto

CatMuto

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 01 December 2013 - 12:49 PM

I just lure a mob of aggro monsters to them and watch them fly away...

That could be seen as griefing and backfire in your direction, because for all you know, you could be sending aggro monsters onto a player that is simply not talking or has a personal "pattern" on doing things when grinding or farming for something.

Take me for example. When I go to grind somewhere, I generally do not talk. I do my things. If I click on a monster, but before I get there I see that someone is already attacking it, I quickly click onto the next empty area I see. And that may look like a Bot walking his "paths" but it isn't.

So yeah. Be careful with that.

As for that entire thing with the getting away from monsters, I saw that a lot on the Alligator map. I wasn't sure if those were bots, but I do know that when I suspected them of botting, my thought was "Well it's nice that they go away from monsters I'm attacking right now."
I haven't reported anyone yet because I haven't seen enough "proof" on a single person yet. Heck, I could report practically EVERYONE at the Spore map and we might get some bots. But we may also get some "legit" players.

C-A

#238 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts
  • Server:Orlean's

Posted 02 December 2013 - 01:43 AM

Sharing my info...

Notable botting area I know of: Grove field, Alligator field (often filled with thief / rogue parties that TP as soon as they come near a mutant dragon), Geffen dungeon 1st floor, "Strawberry" field, Stapo field, Roween field, and Magmaring field. Most duo with priest seem to be bots by their behavior.

EDIT: lvl 99 rogues that seem to be bots are rampant at gef_fild08

Edited by 5682131101022310683, 02 December 2013 - 03:03 AM.

#239 Janjan0726

Janjan0726

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 December 2013 - 03:40 AM

Thanks for the tip, but they just keep on coming. :(

#240 duck35

duck35

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:04 AM

Someone mentioned this is another thread but can we report a map other then just reporting player by player?

Edited by duck35, 11 December 2013 - 11:04 AM.

#241 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 11 December 2013 - 11:09 AM

They have said that you can report maps and not just players (the thread they said it in got buried).

Edited by Ambur, 11 December 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#242 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 01:13 PM

theres alot of high level bots in the raydric maps...

#243 akca

akca

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 December 2013 - 10:36 PM

just check a few map and it will be fine. payon map. tones of bots are try to get some strawberry, and morroc city and rayric map.

The GM's know how to make some stupid event. But they cant blocked(really) if u cant block go play farmvill and let some1 do more clever than you.

and second topic is gold spammer. PLS MAKE THEM BANNED OR SOMETHİNG. Are the gm getting commission of them????

soz bout my bad english

#244 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 13 December 2013 - 03:13 AM

I'm seeing a lot of "asdfghjk" named thief (probably bots) at pyramid level 2 right now.

AND a lot of rogues at the level 3 area. This is probably run by a single person lol.

Edited by 5682131101022310683, 13 December 2013 - 03:16 AM.

#245 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 04:36 PM

i think i see a GX bot in scaraba dun1
are they going to start invading that area as well?
ruining the price of scaraba cards.
and making the place that i spend most my time crowded with bots? :sob:
maps like magmaring and stapo made me feel really nauseous when i was leveling there as a wiz and high wiz.

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 15 December 2013 - 04:41 PM.

#246 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 24 December 2013 - 12:12 PM

i think i see a GX bot in scaraba dun1
are they going to start invading that area as well?

Bots have always been going to tougher areas.  It doesn't matter if they die repeatedly because they have a feature of unlimited time plus a "skill" called patience which real players only have a limited amount. 

Some bots are run by clever players.  Thus, their botting scripts or plugins are better written.  I remember one solo sniper bot long ago centered at morroc (around year 2005) that went out to kill MVP.  Each time it killed an MVP, it went back to Morroc, had a short time delay to reload a new MVP-specific script, and then went to hunt that MVP.  I knew it went MVP'ing since I walked into the warps its warp acolyte cast.  Way back then I wondered why it had that long pause at Morroc which required it to logout and come back, so I googled and went to various other forums to read up.  That bot basically loaded a different script for each MVP it went after. 

Fast forward to today, the problem is in Endless Tower with teams of cookie cutter geneticists backed by support bots.  It's an instanced map that bot hunters cannot go to since obviously a bot hunter cannot join parties run by the botters.  So, it's totally up to the GMs to inspect the parties there.  But with this GM approach of waiting for reports before going after botters, it means there's profit in botting ET and then paypalling some of the better items.  After all, there's no players to report those bots.

Why do botters keep botting?   Because their TRUE MAIN ACCOUNT is not banned.  As others have said in past pots, cutting the tail off the lizard fails when it grows a new one in 2 days plus it already had 20 pre-leveled "tails" waiting in other accounts to be used.  GMs need to use a new technique like real-life homeland security tribunals use - convict the criminal but let the criminal continue a bit to expose more of the item/zeny laundering tree.  Once enough of the tree is exposed, ban the whole tree along with ALL the chars utilized by that player.   The problem is that the banned then complain that it was their 11-year old twice-removed cousin or a visitor to their house or their cat that was doing the botting.  By doing this, botters claim that they should not be required to have personal responsibility for their accounts.  Either Gravity USA gets tough on crime, or the rampant crime continues because the penalty is negligible; banning a bot account is neglible harm to the botting player whose main accounts and god gears are untouched and unbanned.

Another complaint people benefitting from their bots use is that deleting items and zeny is unfair because there is no proof that they knew it was botted material.  In real life, that excuse fails because illegal property is illegal property.  Caveat Emptor (buyer beware) is part of real life in the USA.  If you buy illegal property, that property can be taken from you without recompense. 

If you skillfully create counterfeit money and buy stuff at Costco, Wal-Mart, or Neiman-Marcus, you've created jobs and benefits for others (not just yourself), so it hurt no one and made more good available and sold in the markeplace.  Thus, counterfeiting money should be legalized just like how botting helps the marketplace economy....

#247 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:16 AM

Funny, I just saw a whole lot of novices emerging from the starting point in izlude (ship), probably onward to Prontera. No wonder the number of bot spammers wouldn't diminish.

#248 Farzywarzy

Farzywarzy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 25 December 2013 - 05:17 AM

And there was this "sgdfjdf" bot at the center of the ship (the area where your newly created character is at before arriving to izlude) that kept on saying 436548956956 numbers... I'm guessing those bunch of numbers are account numbers?

Edited by 5682131101022310683, 25 December 2013 - 05:18 AM.

#249 EinZweiDrei

EinZweiDrei

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 660 posts

Posted 04 January 2014 - 02:53 PM

the bots have finally invaded scaraba dun1.
saw a warlock, mech and gx botting there.
i dont want my main source of income to lower in price.
i earn zeny off of imperial spear and scaraba cards. :sob:
and some of these botters are even in guilds making it more tricky until you observe their actions.

Edited by EinZweiDrei, 04 January 2014 - 02:54 PM.

#250 spikexp

spikexp

Too Legit To Quit

• Banned
  • 2181 posts
  • Server:Chaotic

Posted 08 January 2014 - 12:07 AM

while reporting bots doesn't worth my time, i do enjoy healing bots when some narrow places got bb'ed, like byalan entrance just now.

they keep spawning in the spawning point. i'd heal them so they can continue their adventure :ani_shy: shame that they don't have to see how their exp drops to 0%.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users