How to report bots... -effectively- - Page 2 - Guides and Quests - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

How to report bots... -effectively-

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
294 replies to this topic

#26 stoenr

stoenr

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 789 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir + Loki

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:24 AM

Who has actually been successful at getting a bot banned and does a screenshot even help out?

It would take 1 one yes ONE person to check the whole server. This game isn't like wow or any of those mmorpgs with over 50000+ players/bots on at any given time so for the GMs to say its too much work I don't know what to say. There are obvious bots and there is nothing done about it (spam bots in town are u kidding me?). But the key here is separate the flywingers/telebots (the gm's must assume that people like playing battle acos...) to people leveling.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can help out here. What is the max resolution that a bot can see? Because sometimes to catch a telebot you have to raise your resolution to the max or you can miss them at the edge of the screen. So is there a GM walking around at 640x480 resolution enjoying their starbucks not seeing-_- or what?

Edited by stoenr, 16 July 2012 - 07:25 AM.

#27 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts
  • LocationWaterfall of the Nine Heavens
  • Server:All

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:05 AM

Who has actually been successful at getting a bot banned and does a screenshot even help out?

It would take 1 one yes ONE person to check the whole server. This game isn't like wow or any of those mmorpgs with over 50000+ players/bots on at any given time so for the GMs to say its too much work I don't know what to say. There are obvious bots and there is nothing done about it (spam bots in town are u kidding me?). But the key here is separate the flywingers/telebots (the gm's must assume that people like playing battle acos...) to people leveling.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can help out here. What is the max resolution that a bot can see? Because sometimes to catch a telebot you have to raise your resolution to the max or you can miss them at the edge of the screen. So is there a GM walking around at 640x480 resolution enjoying their starbucks not seeing-_- or what?

I have been getting tons banned from day to day. 1 person for the whole server is more tedious than you think, trust me. Those spam bots shouldn't even be an issue for you, configure your nospam with the guide in my siggie.

#28 zantanzuken

zantanzuken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in california.
  • Server:kindofallofthem

Posted 16 July 2012 - 06:00 PM

i've reported plenty of bots, and still see them on a day to day basis.

... then again your also a moderator, volunteer or not.

#29 JIGSAW

JIGSAW

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2081 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 07:46 PM

How do you report auto-potting btw

#30 Mencret

Mencret

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:08 PM

its really effective? why bot population getting bigger and bigger then? Inubashiri? :questionmark:

#31 Wiggles

Wiggles

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 844 posts
  • Server:Ymir (Retired)

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:21 PM

I've got many banned. Video Proof.
But the GM's methods of banning are.. strange. Once I found a priest/knight combo botting. Reported both, only the knight was banned.

It would take 1 one yes ONE person to check the whole server.

In another thread, I calculated that with current employment laws, to have a human physically watching the servers will cost over $140k/year - really not feasible.

They don't have a resolution. Even at max resolution, the game loads things just off screen so that things don't just appear. They can see you before you see them.

#32 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

its really effective? why bot population getting bigger and bigger then? Inubashiri? :questionmark:

This will change, believe me.

They don't have a resolution. Even at max resolution, the game loads things just off screen so that things don't just appear. They can see you before you see them.

Most of them don't teleport from what I've seen, even still, I got a solution for that ;)

#33 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Bot Behavior =

***sitting player, Heal them, they stand instantly and walk away
***walking right up to the mob (like right next to it then stopping) before attacking
***bots sometimes follow the exact same pattern after death (i noticed this once when i went afk in comodo tool shop after releasing some BB's in the stalagmite golem cave :D). 2-3 players would come in take like 2 seconds to buy stuff from the vendor then head out. and be back like every 4 min repeatedly doing the same thing

#34 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:16 PM

oh come on, argue about the nuances of bot prevention measures in a new thread, lets this one remain useful

#35 Mencret

Mencret

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 09:35 PM

Most of them don't teleport from what I've seen, even still, I got a solution for that ;)

Inubashiri, i appreciate this so much, and this is all we need... :p_laugh:
thank's. hope this new system will be implement soon... before classic server explodes cause of bots.

#36 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:46 AM

There's 10% less bots at wolves, so something is going right. Still a bunch of KS bots running around though

#37 Mencret

Mencret

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

There's 10% less bots at wolves, so something is going right. Still a bunch of KS bots running around though

hmm...how do u know something right is going? how if its the time to move higher level monster?
coz classic have 2500 players now...seems legit to u?
at least we have 50% bot right now (exclude vending bot). and we still wait for the "anti-bot program" u talking about Inubashiri..

#38 Trinida

Trinida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Locationu now..a cave..
  • Server:chaos loki r.o2

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

this is funny<3!

[mod] Zrorieu edit: Please do not post incriminating screenshots, regardless of whether the names have been crossed out or not. [/mod]

Edited by zr0rieu, 19 July 2012 - 04:32 PM.

#39 zantanzuken

zantanzuken

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in california.
  • Server:kindofallofthem

Posted 19 July 2012 - 11:25 PM

alright so.. that one bot... that i've reported 3 times now... is still sitting outside prontera. has been for 3 days.

some bot control right guys?

#40 Mencret

Mencret

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

i reported 4 BOTS yesterday, and now they still alive and still at the same map!!
GM's?? are u there?

#41 Saikoro

Saikoro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:34 AM

I really feel harassed by all those bots swarming around me at all times.
Why does it have to be like this? This is no fun.

Sometimes i think about reporting them, but i don't know. As has been mentioned, even if i reported them all (though i think it's kinda hard to use a screenshot to proof that someone is botting, as someone picking up loot or someone walking or attacking a monster doesn't show the person is botting, but the way the person moves is), could the GMs manually take care of all of them?
They would need to look at all of the screenshots, note all of the names, then look for them and convince themselves that every single one of them is actually botting, then ban them.

#42 LordVader

LordVader

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1129 posts
  • LocationMemphis, TN
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:38 PM

Are you serious? A bot reporting guide? I came to relax and play the game not take up a part time job. Isn't this something the GM's should be focused on, not the paying customers?

#43 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Are you serious? A bot reporting guide? I came to relax and play the game not take up a part time job. Isn't this something the GM's should be focused on, not the paying customers?

didn't you know they expect us to bot hunt for them cause they are too busy with other things, since it takes them 4 weeks + to fix a still broken instance.

#44 Oda

Oda

Overseas

• Community Managers
  • 10261 posts
  • Twitter:@Oda_CM
  • LocationAmatsu

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

You haven't been on the boards for a while so I understand if you haven't seen the replies that have already been made about it.

The GMs have more to do than just ban bots, it is a high priority to be sure, but there are VAS services account related issues, hack investigations and all the other ticket issues for all the games that the GMs have to work on as well.

It's not a part time job, it's more like a neighborhood watch. If it doesn't bother you feel free to not report.

#45 KingOfBabylon

KingOfBabylon

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 900 posts
  • Server:Renewal/Transce

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:37 PM

Archer bots will just sit there following the same enemy when they run out of ammo. I'm looking at one right now in game

Edited by KingOfBabylon, 21 July 2012 - 03:08 PM.

#46 chronicbreak

chronicbreak

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

So I was wandering around byalan testing out the new rental gladius (which is useless without an endow... ok it helps a little wee bit but isnt worth 250 pts) and noticed behavior that is not common with normal players like hitting a cornutus for "1" dmg until it dies. Then I blinked my eyes maybe once or twice and noticed a little more strange behavior EVERYWHERE. Its aleady looking useless to report BOTS because it seems the GMs already lost this war.

#47 chronicbreak

chronicbreak

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:09 PM

The good ones that were on Chaos pre-RE and into RE did teleport what are you guys talking about. The reason these bots don't teleport is whoever is running these don't care.

#48 Inubashiri

Inubashiri

Loyal White Wolf

• Members
  • 7646 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

The good ones that were on Chaos pre-RE and into RE did teleport what are you guys talking about. The reason these bots don't teleport is whoever is running these don't care.

I may be confused but, isn't this the same as what I said?

#49 Naida

Naida

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 356 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Classic

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:44 AM

Bayalan, level 2. I don't even....I don't even wanna look at it. "oh, a bot, I should repor- REPOR -WOAH WHY ARE THERE SO MANY HOLY MOTHER OF SPAGHETTI WTF..."

We've lost till we find a better way to squash these things. No one liked my idea I guess :<

#50 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 22 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

Just report the map

0 user(s) are reading this topic