Classic WoE Suggestion - Classic Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Classic WoE Suggestion

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

Poll: Classic WoE (87 member(s) have cast votes)

Which kind of Emp do you prefer for Classic WoE?

1. Pre-Renewal EMP. This is Classic after all! (76 votes [87.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 87.36%

2. Renewal EMP. No more last minute solo EDP'd SinX breaking! (11 votes [12.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 12.64%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:37 PM

WoE is yet to be implemented in Classic but I know a lot of us are excited for it (I know I am). But having experienced both Renewal and Pre-RE WoE, I'd prefer the Emp to have the Renewal Properties.
You know, the Plant Type defense where it only gets 1-damage-per-hit with non-regenerative 700hp.
IMO, it will make Classic WoE more Team Strategy-Driven rather than having a single EDP'd SinX breaking it last min.

What do you guys think?

#2 Morlord

Morlord

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • LocationOver There-->
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Play on the renewal server if you want renewal stuff.

#3 iCandy

iCandy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts
  • LocationNorth Pole, beside Santa's House
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 07 July 2012 - 12:51 PM

It's not that, I do love Classic server and Pre-RE mechanics, but my suggestion is what i prefer for the WoE emp. and as far as i can remember some people suggested this even way before renewal was implemented. But Pre-RE emp is what you want, you are free to vote! :no1:

#4 Zaqar

Zaqar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 61 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:57 PM

They need to do more than that like actualy regulate woe1 god items so we don't end up like it is on ymir with more god items in guild than members.
They are obtained through woe a guild effort and should never be transphered to a single person.

#5 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

Thought the plan was to put a 365 day timer on god items on classic to prevent the problems ymir has in the face of a merge

#6 Ferr

Ferr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 July 2012 - 07:37 PM

You have just made a lot of sinxs nervous... The renewal emp sux though

#7 qqeddie

qqeddie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 76 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

well if they didnt open all castles at once, it'd be different

oh and +1

Edited by qqeddie, 07 July 2012 - 08:31 PM.

#8 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:12 PM

This is reeally hard.
I like the emp being plant type but i don't like being unable to heal the emperium.

#9 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:18 AM

Can someone explain the major differences between the two emps, I couldn't vote because I don't understand the difference.

#10 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:38 PM

Can someone explain the major differences between the two emps, I couldn't vote because I don't understand the difference.

pre-renewal you had the ability to heal emperiums that had attacks made on them by an enemy guild after you wiped the enemy guild from your emp room. In Renewal you can't heal the emperium so it remains with the same health after you peel an enemy off your emperium.

#11 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:54 PM

I like you actually having to protect the emp. (and watch for stray sinx) ... its not that hard to stop us.

#12 cbgenoseven

cbgenoseven

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSacramento, California
  • Server:Classic

Posted 11 July 2012 - 07:55 PM

Guilds in the past were still able to defend against EDP Sinx's. It just took good coordination and teamwork. I dont see any need to change the EMP. When I first saw this thread I was curious if the EMP was going to be holy or not because in the old day if you had someone on your EMP you would just aspersio the attacker and start to use sanctuary to heal the EMP. At that point all of the preists would focus on that instance till the attacker was killed. The fix was for the attacker to switch weapons which would lose the holy and the EDP enhancements.

#13 loveSummer

loveSummer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:02 PM

l2defend

rename topic to "how2makesinxsuselessinwoe"

#14 MySassyAssy

MySassyAssy

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2012 - 09:14 PM

All you need is one good priest with some bgems and you'll do fine against a lone sinx on emp.

#15 UnknownGod

UnknownGod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:17 PM

what if every week the emp changed property. We all know classic emp is holy and every breaker class makes an anti holy weapon for emp. What if every week the emp changed property. so gravity made an emp with all the same stats but it was randomly fire, or ice, or neutral. That way ppl could use a general weapon, or send in people with a bunch of weapons and let them figure out the property each week. This would allow people to heal and defend their emps, while still preventing a Sinx or w/e from sneaking in last second with perfectly tailored gear and wrecking it.

Guilds could still find the element and equip their breakers with the proper enchants and gear, but it would require a bit of trial and error to figure it out.

#16 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:19 PM

That sounds quite unnecessary =(

#17 TooLowForZero

TooLowForZero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:23 PM

How would you figure the damage being dealt to the emp? There's no combat log on Classic, and damage numbers don't show up during WoE.

#18 UnknownGod

UnknownGod

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:25 PM

good point, forgot about that. Perhaps if people make it in the Emp room, there could be a flag denoting the element of the emp for the week. obviously just thought this idea up, trying to find a way to make both sides happy.

#19 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:34 PM

How would you figure the damage being dealt to the emp? There's no combat log on Classic, and damage numbers don't show up during WoE.

Merc sense works on pre-re emp.

Or just take a note of break time.

#20 TooLowForZero

TooLowForZero

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 166 posts
  • LocationBay Area

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:54 PM

Merc sense works on pre-re emp.

Or just take a note of break time.

So you're planning on having only one breaker and no competition on the stone? Good luck with that.

#21 Sabaton

Sabaton

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:Classic & Valkyrie

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:11 AM

what if every week the emp changed property. We all know classic emp is holy and every breaker class makes an anti holy weapon for emp. What if every week the emp changed property. so gravity made an emp with all the same stats but it was randomly fire, or ice, or neutral. That way ppl could use a general weapon, or send in people with a bunch of weapons and let them figure out the property each week. This would allow people to heal and defend their emps, while still preventing a Sinx or w/e from sneaking in last second with perfectly tailored gear and wrecking it.

Guilds could still find the element and equip their breakers with the proper enchants and gear, but it would require a bit of trial and error to figure it out.

It will just give an incentive for players(guilds?) to hex their client to see WoE damages. Guilds which doesn't will be forced to follow in the cheat race and we all know where it leads.
Nice WoE in perspective.

Edited by Sabaton, 18 July 2012 - 12:12 AM.

#22 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 18 July 2012 - 12:12 AM

So you're planning on having only one breaker and no competition on the stone? Good luck with that.

You find a fort at the beginning of Woe and test crap, it's not that hard.

I can probably guess the emp props from the break time with 2~3 other people on it with me. I know emperiums very well!

#23 loveSummer

loveSummer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

bad idea

#24 Riakuta

Riakuta

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4153 posts
  • LocationNeed to Know
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

There is a problem when comparing a Renewal Emperium to a Pre-Renewal Emperium that comes into play.

The problem is Attack Speed! Pre-Renewal the max Attack Speed was 190; whereas, the Renewal max Attack Speed is 193. With 193 Attack Speed it should take around 2 minutes for a single player to break an Emperium in Renewal. There are also gears the give Maximum Attack Speed in Renewal mechanics to help make breaking an Emperium possible.

Pre-Renewal such gears did not exist or were near impossible to obtain and as such if Renewal Emperiums were added to the Classic server it would make holding a castle easier than breaking a castle as it would take too long for a single player or a group of players to break it before their enemy has a chance to react. This means that fights could possibly last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more over one castle.

Sorry if this is a lot to read, but understand that Attack Speed takes precedence when an Emperium discussion comes into play.

Edited by Riakuta, 18 July 2012 - 01:13 AM.

#25 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 18 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

There is a problem when comparing a Renewal Emperium to a Pre-Renewal Emperium that comes into play.

The problem is Attack Speed! Pre-Renewal the max Attack Speed was 190; whereas, the Renewal max Attack Speed is 193. With 193 Attack Speed it should take around 2 minutes for a single player to break an Emperium in Renewal. There are also gears the give Maximum Attack Speed in Renewal mechanics to help make breaking an Emperium possible.

Pre-Renewal such gears did not exist or were near impossible to obtain and as such if Renewal Emperiums were added to the Classic server it would make holding a castle easier than breaking a castle as it would take too long for a single player or a group of players to break it before their enemy has a chance to react. This means that fights could possibly last anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour or more over one castle.

Sorry if this is a lot to read, but understand that Attack Speed takes precedence when an Emperium discussion comes into play.

But Epic fights are fun...maybe we can ask GMs if we can experiment with both. Both emp styles have their pros and cons
Anything that makes the fights more group strategy oriented is good.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users