Tips and Tricks to jLvl 50? [Classic] - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Tips and Tricks to jLvl 50? [Classic]

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 lucascoura

lucascoura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:47 AM

Hey guys,
So I know I may get quite a bit of flaming on this thread, so I ask now- please take it easy.

A lot of the Ragnarok playerbase has no trouble job changing as soon as they are able to- Right at job level 40. This thread is not for you guys.
Job leveling gets extremely slow around job level 30- and it's all a downhill slope from there. I read in a forum today that it takes over 4 times the experience to get your last ten job levels than it took to get the first 40 combined. Pretty daunting. So daunting that lots of players just quit around that area- as the game doesn't really get interesting again until the job change.
I've browsed all over the internet for several different classes- and I've yet to find a comprehensive guide on how to reach job level 50 on your first job. Now I've found a couple of leveling guides- but they all fail to really discuss that all-important gap.

So to those of you who made it all the way to job level 50 before changing: How'd you do it? Any tips? Best leveling spots? Go for high risk leveling or stay in a spot where you die less and kill consistently? Tell us all about it :3

#2 Shanedude

Shanedude

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:56 AM

Go where the money is for Classic. Screw leveling :P Get the gears to get you further.

I'd say make a pure PvM character in which most of it's gears can transfer over to your other pvp/woe character. At least that's what I'm doing.

Also take advantage of vending overnight for zeny. Aswell as Max DC/OC.

For the job 40-50 part I'm at job45 right now and it's all about the grind. Find at least 2 maps which are near the same(exp/drop-wise) and switch back and fourth to avoid getting too bored.

Too bad there's no Job Bm's for sale or i'd be taking a box :P

#3 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

This all depends on the job...

As an Acolyte from Job 40-50 I went to Stings with an Archer as much as I could.

As a Mage you can get job 35~50 in Clock Tower just killing clocks.

Edited by Senkasa, 08 July 2012 - 10:58 AM.

#4 lucascoura

lucascoura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 10:58 AM

The BMs help job too!
Thanks, this is good stuff. Keep it coming :)

#5 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

The other classes dont really go job 50 as it's completely unnecessary but optional. Only Acolyte and Mage are HIGHLY Recommended/Almost Required for Job level 50

#6 lucascoura

lucascoura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:07 AM

I feel it always helps. Especially annoying are the prereqs for second job skills.

#7 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

All the close-range classes dont really have a high risk option for job 50 like Stings compared to Archers and Mages. They'd have to stick with toy factory or attempt hodes til then.

#8 xCupcakex

xCupcakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLunaris Temple
  • Server:Loki / Classic Loki

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:10 AM

Aco's won't have it so bad once Amatsu is released. Even battle acos can level there if they get pneuma. However, I'm sure the place will be very crowded the first few weeks its released, and once again when trans patch comes in.

Mages will also have it easier once Einbroch is released, since a very good Geographer map will be released. A lot of people will be leeching off archers and mages on this map to job 50 as well.

Best I've found right now is to leech myself in stings/prisons. I'm going a little slower than other people, but at the same time I have 3 second class characters instead of 1 by leeching two characters to job 50 off of a sage I've already job changed.

#9 Qani

Qani

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1032 posts
  • LocationEden floor 2
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2012 - 11:16 AM

I got a j50 job changed archer and mage, and I can tell you that there is no trick. Just mindless, repetitive farming for many many hours.

I went for a high risk high reward leveling route with mage solo alarms. Even though it wasn't boring, it certainly was frustrating as I die all the time and in the end it might not have been worth while..

So for archer I went for the safer route going from hode to toy factory. The main benefit of farming in a safe spot is that you can multitask as you play, eg. watching TV while playing etc..

Lastly, don't get too excited for job change. Chances are, you will stay where you were before the job change and continue leveling there for the next few levels. Overall I feel like there just isn't enough leveling locations for high lvls at this particular patch. I'd imagine leveling will be much easier once more areas are open up on the map. Until then, make it safe and steady. GL

#10 lucascoura

lucascoura

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

As a thought for Swordies/Merch Classes,
Not on any leveling guides for some reason, but Pyramid 3 is the greatest thing that ever happened to me. First time since the beginning since I've been getting 1%+ exp for job. So good!

#11 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

As a thief I did the following:
Spores -> Wolves -> Myst/Skel Workers (alt: Toy Factory but its too crowded there.. no one at Skel workers :D) -> Kobolds

About to turn Job 50.

#12 KitanaWalker

KitanaWalker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 426 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

Wow people are lazy, there are a ton of places to level. In general there's Orc Village, Orc Dungeon 1&2, Hodes, Sandmen, Toy Factory 2, Sohees, Comodo Shore

In addition to those, Mages and Archers get Clock Tower which is a MASSIVE advantage that melee characters don't have.

Acos get glast heim

Don't just go by where everyone is, go out into the world, if you think there's only 1 map to level on that means you haven't even tried other places.

#13 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 09 July 2012 - 12:13 AM

I have been mob leveling at sandmens, it truly is an endless grind fest, watching anime helps hehe. I'm about job 45, with all pre req for knight, so damn tempting to change now.

#14 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:10 AM

I pretty much solo'd my way to job 50 on my swordie. Didn't *really* need to but I did it anyways so I can stare down in dissapointment to all those that didnt go all the way. I have no problem burning supplies, so with a whole lot of meat or orange pots, I went to west Orc village solo or if I had a half decent aco/priest that didn't mind having his/her sp drained constantly, I'd hit cthos. Bashed my way to job 50, poking at things when I needed sp. You would do better in a party with a wiz killer but personally I can't stand pulling for wizzies or being in a group larger than 2-4.

#15 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 July 2012 - 01:43 AM

haha. ya, im not really a party person. also if i get 10+ mobs rental CK gives me the sp back i used for mag break, and the loot covers my meat and wings cost and I farmed 200+ blue herbs for leveling.

#16 Crazystoner

Crazystoner

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 05:47 AM

Unless ur stacking full rental gears i would advise against job 50
High orcs partys are some of the best exp. Grinding on low level monster is just not feasible unless your a high dps class such as mage/archer... maybe even a aco if your ballzie.

#17 Nymmastal

Nymmastal

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

I'm going job 50 swordy as well. I'm not using rentals or manuals or anything like that so I've been limited to places like OD2 and Desert Wolves. I'm currently job 47 and beginning to feel the pain. I'll make it to 50 though. Always do somehow.

#18 Kenichi

Kenichi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 512 posts
  • LocationSouth Africa

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:26 AM

I would have loved to try HO, but they are fire. so id end up having to bash my way through. Definitely going there once I get Bowling Bash!.
ya, i just need more patience too.

#19 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:09 AM

Keni get in my parties at CTHO's :) orc archers = great job exp .

#20 MrBudd

MrBudd

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2280 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 07:28 AM

I would have loved to try HO, but they are fire. so id end up having to bash my way through. Definitely going there once I get Bowling Bash!.
ya, i just need more patience too.

It's what I did.

#21 bubbleball1

bubbleball1

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationScotland

Posted 12 May 2014 - 03:33 AM

For Archers/High Archers or other distance fighters Greatest Generals are good on the map below the elder willows to the right of payon with Savages or Savage and Maneater Blossoms.

Manuks and Boguns are good but if like me you are trying to lvl an archer with crappy hp and little to no weight you need to keep running back and forth for pots unless your willing to sit and wait for hp/sp renewal while hoping no monsters appear Better Exp than Sohees

#22 Gn1ydnu

Gn1ydnu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2077 posts
  • LocationBoston
  • Server:Classic

Posted 12 May 2014 - 04:41 AM

This got necro'd lol. If you can get a fencer level 10 use your free 3x bm from VIP service and go Anubis. You'll get job 50. Figured if anybody read this necro'd thread they might want the current quick answer

#23 4853121207141913140

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 897 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:59 AM

asking someone to help tank can be useful. as well as using ygg leaves for resu killing anubis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users