harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 08 July 2012 - 04:36 PM

Hi,

How does stasis work? Is it only for players? does it work for mvp and monsters as well?

and does it stop a spell already cast (e.g. MS, sg)? Or does it stop the cast only if it hadn't started? And does the area of effect move around with caster? Or is the aoe the original area where the caster casted stasis?

And i'm guessing skills mean any skill right like acid bomb, bowling bash, AS, double strafe etc...

Thanks

#2 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL
  • Server:Yggdrasil, Ymir

Posted 08 July 2012 - 09:48 PM

Some skills are excluded from Stasis like Bowling Bash and Monk combos... (makes sense because they are not "spells" but "physical attacks")

The area of effect of stasis is from where the Warlock is standing when it was casted. If enemies are offscreen and they enter your screen after you casted Stasis, they can still use spells. Make sure you are close to the targets you want to stasis if you want to shut them down.

In general, if it has a cast bar or has a casting circle, it will get affected by Stasis.

Some skills don't look like "spells" but may be stasis'ed like Potion Creation, Dragon Breath, and Gate of Hell. You'll just have to experiment with many skills to find out.....

It will stop existing castings and will prevent casting until the duration. For example, if a Warlock is casting Lord of Vermillion, and you Stasis'ed him, he will fail when his cast bar reaches the end.

I have not used it in PvM, but I'm 99% sure it WILL NOT work on Bosses. I really don't see a use of it in PvM/MvPing.... It's a double edged sword skill and will be more annoying to yourself and your party members than on monsters..... With that note, DO NOT USE THIS SKILL IN TOWNS because it is considered skill abuse.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 08 July 2012 - 09:51 PM.

#3 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:13 PM

Some skills are excluded from Stasis like Bowling Bash and Monk combos... (makes sense because they are not "spells" but "physical attacks")

The area of effect of stasis is from where the Warlock is standing when it was casted. If enemies are offscreen and they enter your screen after you casted Stasis, they can still use spells. Make sure you are close to the targets you want to stasis if you want to shut them down.

In general, if it has a cast bar or has a casting circle, it will get affected by Stasis.

Some skills don't look like "spells" but may be stasis'ed like Potion Creation, Dragon Breath, and Gate of Hell. You'll just have to experiment with many skills to find out.....

It will stop existing castings and will prevent casting until the duration. For example, if a Warlock is casting Lord of Vermillion, and you Stasis'ed him, he will fail when his cast bar reaches the end.

I have not used it in PvM, but I'm 99% sure it WILL NOT work on Bosses. I really don't see a use of it in PvM/MvPing.... It's a double edged sword skill and will be more annoying to yourself and your party members than on monsters..... With that note, DO NOT USE THIS SKILL IN TOWNS because it is considered skill abuse.

Thanks for you're thorough explanation.

What prompt me to ask this was seeing a hominculus s dieter use volcanic ash on the valkry mvp making him unable to use his skill. The gene killed him in no time with acid bomb. So I thought if a homoculus skill work on bosses, surely a wl skill would work too.

i'm sure you'd know this, Telstra vortex, what's the cool down time? I was rather disappointed when I first used it two days ago. I thought we would be able to spam it but the cool down was so long that I still couldn't use it after re-summoning the 4 spheres and amping my attack. T_T.

Why are the good wl skills always so troublesome. And I can't max cr just to max tv! ! ....sigh.......

#4 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:03 PM

Tetra Vortex is really powerful if you got the right gears and know how to MATK stack (PM Wizard here in the forums for tips). Also note that you don't have to use different summon balls to use Tetra, you can use the same 4 summon balls and you can still use it. This will save you a lot more time.

Also note that AGI is a really great stat to invest in a Tetra build since the cast animation for Summon balls can be reduced by ASPD.

It's good if you are targetting a frozen or stone target. Summon Lightning Ball x4 > Tetra Vortex on Frozen and Summon Fireball x4 > Tetra Vortex on Stoned will surely do a lot of damage, even more than what Gates of Hell or Crush Strike can do.

#5 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Tetra Vortex is really powerful if you got the right gears and know how to MATK stack (PM Wizard here in the forums for tips). Also note that you don't have to use different summon balls to use Tetra, you can use the same 4 summon balls and you can still use it. This will save you a lot more time.

Also note that AGI is a really great stat to invest in a Tetra build since the cast animation for Summon balls can be reduced by ASPD.

It's good if you are targetting a frozen or stone target. Summon Lightning Ball x4 > Tetra Vortex on Frozen and Summon Fireball x4 > Tetra Vortex on Stoned will surely do a lot of damage, even more than what Gates of Hell or Crush Strike can do.

Really? Agi makes casting faster for tv? Ummmmm, don't have that much points left though.

tried tv in ET, absolute disaster damage on mvp.....

you told me to ask wizard about tips on tv, but I can't pm him! It says he can't receive any more messages. T_T.

I want my tv to be more useful, right now it's......so slow. That cool down can't be negated by release? ? omg..

Edited by harlokjai, 12 July 2012 - 06:29 PM.

#6 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:19 PM

Really? Agi makes casting faster for tv? Ummmmm, don't have that much points left though.

tried tv in ET, absolute disaster damage on mvp.....

you told me to ask wizard about tips on tv, but I can't pm him! It says he can't receive any more messages. T_T.

I want my tv to be more useful, right now it's......so slow. That cool down can't be negated by release? ? omg..

It doesn't make the casting fast. AGI is good for summon balls. With faster ASPD, your casting "animation" where you raise your hands to summon a ball and cast a spell are much faster.

Wizard's inbox is probably full.... lol You can leave a comment on his youtube channel or something. Link: http://www.youtube.c...Hasseo/featured

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 July 2012 - 07:19 PM.

#7 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:28 PM

It doesn't make the casting fast. AGI is good for summon balls. With faster ASPD, your casting "animation" where you raise your hands to summon a ball and cast a spell are much faster.

Wizard's inbox is probably full.... lol You can leave a comment on his youtube channel or something. Link: http://www.youtube.c...Hasseo/featured

Oh I get what you mean. So for CR, after I cast, the fire balls would come down faster ? Cause right now, they're kind of slow...lol

#8 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 07:44 PM

Oh I get what you mean. So for CR, after I cast, the fire balls would come down faster ? Cause right now, they're kind of slow...lol

Nope.... This is what I meant.

Posted Image

Higher Agi (ASPD), means she will raise those hands quicker and unleash the spells somewhat faster.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 July 2012 - 07:45 PM.

#9 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:47 PM

Nope.... This is what I meant.

Posted Image

Higher Agi (ASPD), means she will raise those hands quicker and unleash the spells somewhat faster.

Totally get it now. What I don't get is how does that help tv? Cause as I said, I can easily re summon the 4 balls and re amp before i'm able to cast tv again.

Why is it so weird, after using tv once, I can cast other spells, so that means there is very little after cast delay. but there is a long cool down. But release is suppose to bypass the cooldown like ES and comet? Why doesn't it work for tv?

#10 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 12 July 2012 - 08:58 PM

Not sure what you meant, but every TV cast requires 4 summon balls, so while you're waiting for the delay, why not summon more balls and read another spellbook? Tetra's not suppose to be a spammable skill anyway due to how powerful it can be especially in PvP.

TV sucks on MVPs because all MVPs have a load of MDEF. Warlock IS NOT an MVP class.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 12 July 2012 - 08:59 PM.

#11 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 01:18 AM

Not sure what you meant, but every TV cast requires 4 summon balls, so while you're waiting for the delay, why not summon more balls and read another spellbook? Tetra's not suppose to be a spammable skill anyway due to how powerful it can be especially in PvP.

TV sucks on MVPs because all MVPs have a load of MDEF. Warlock IS NOT an MVP class.

What I mean is, the cast delay or cool down is so long, I have to wait a long time after re casting all my balls, amp and reading spell book. So the agi doesn't really help, cause if I cast my balls even faster than now, I'll just be standing there waiting for longer? .

What I don't get is, does tv have a cast delay or cool down? Cause that is confusing me. I can use other skills right after tv, doesn't that mean tv have a long cool down and not an after cast delay? But then release doesn't negate the cool down though...i'm so confused

#12 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 13 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Oh, I always thought you can summon balls immediately after casting Tetra. I never played it for a while now so I wasn't too sure. It's not like that for Comet though.

I guess you can think of the delay just as similar as the 10 second no SP delay for G-Fist so you can't spam Tetra every 3 seconds.

Edited by CeruleanGamer, 13 July 2012 - 04:02 AM.

#13 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 12:20 AM

Oh, I always thought you can summon balls immediately after casting Tetra. I never played it for a while now so I wasn't too sure. It's not like that for Comet though.

I guess you can think of the delay just as similar as the 10 second no SP delay for G-Fist so you can't spam Tetra every 3 seconds.

What i mean is, you can summon the balls, but even if you have the 4 balls, you can't cast TV until the delay is over.

#14 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Cerulean has the right idea about AGI reducing the animation delay, but it's not applied properly.
Increasing AGI, thus increasing ASPD on a warlock, will reduce the animation delay that your character goes through when casting every single skill in the game. By reducing the animation delay, you are able to "spam" skills at a faster rate if the aftercast delay of the skill is reduced low enough (through Magic Strings, Kiel D-08 cards etc). Reducing animation delay (having high ASPD) also allows Chain Lightning to chain at higher speed.

P.S. You used to be able to chain release spells through reading spellbook really fast before a 1 sec cooldown timer was placed on "release" spell.

#15 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:04 PM

Cerulean has the right idea about AGI reducing the animation delay, but it's not applied properly.
Increasing AGI, thus increasing ASPD on a warlock, will reduce the animation delay that your character goes through when casting every single skill in the game. By reducing the animation delay, you are able to "spam" skills at a faster rate if the aftercast delay of the skill is reduced low enough (through Magic Strings, Kiel D-08 cards etc). Reducing animation delay (having high ASPD) also allows Chain Lightning to chain at higher speed.

P.S. You used to be able to chain release spells through reading spellbook really fast before a 1 sec cooldown timer was placed on "release" spell.

thanks for you reply.

Can you also answer this? Is the delay that tv have a cool down or after cast delay? Cause it didn't fit either description?

I can use other skills after tv so it shouldn't be after cast delay. But I can't bypass it with release either, so it can't be cool down!

#16 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 10:54 PM

Tetra vortex has 2 second aftercast delay and 15 second skill re-use delay.

You can by-pass the skill re-use delay by using reading spell book and releasing the skill. You are still required to summon 4 balls each time you cast/release tetra vortex.

Oh and releasing Tetra vortex will refresh the re-use delay.

Edited by zr0rieu, 15 July 2012 - 10:56 PM.

#17 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 July 2012 - 03:00 AM

Stasis works on MvPs.

#18 harlokjai

harlokjai

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 851 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 05:05 AM

Tetra vortex has 2 second aftercast delay and 15 second skill re-use delay.

You can by-pass the skill re-use delay by using reading spell book and releasing the skill. You are still required to summon 4 balls each time you cast/release tetra vortex.

Oh and releasing Tetra vortex will refresh the re-use delay.

That's the thing, i. can't bypass the delay even if I use the release skill. Have to wait so long to use it a second time!

#19 CeruleanGamer

CeruleanGamer

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7685 posts
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Working as intended then?

#20 Wizard

Wizard

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3957 posts
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 20 July 2012 - 12:52 PM

Didn't know my inbox was full... damn too many PM's =S

ASPD is good but you will get better results by adding DEX to it... even if cast animation is faster, there's not much point to it if you still have a cast time bar on top of your head.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users