Patch Notes v. 424 - You should have checked.. Twice. - Page 2 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes v. 424 - You should have checked.. Twice.

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#26 starswithwings

starswithwings

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:02 PM

the bunny hat is adorable!!

if you really wanna make the halls of oblivion harder, might as well make everyone kill all the small monsters first to make the boss appear. =p

just saying, but you don't need to do it. xD!!

#27 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:13 PM

the bunny hat is adorable!!

if you really wanna make the halls of oblivion harder, might as well make everyone kill all the small monsters first to make the boss appear. =p

just saying, but you don't need to do it. xD!!

I agree. You can even reward people for doing so. Like, 10 kills could net you 1 VP using a kill threshold like in CD. It should be offered to support clerics as well, since tanking a mob is a pain even with all the instant potions and restorables in-game.

Or you could put an invisible barrier shielding the lairs of the sub-bosses/bosses, until all monsters of the first room have been defeated.

I also miss the experience gained from killing during a raid, but I suppose if people are opposed to it...

Does hardmode have a wipe threshold?

#28 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:19 PM

Second time through the hard version went so much better, just seemed to be the way my team was filled in the first time. Pretty easy, just have to have people with some pvm gear.. I guess Genisis was on my team for the first attempt before the servers were restarted, poor mage was muted the entire time.

Edited by coalchamberloco, 10 July 2012 - 05:21 PM.

#29 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:23 PM

Hmmmm... very nice.

#30 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts
  • LocationDepends on the day

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:33 PM

hmm christmas cart frame, wheels and the spare's icon's are broken.

gg how you broke that when its not even near what you were editing is beyond me.

#31 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:49 PM

gg how you broke that when its not even near what you were editing is beyond me.

Go ahead and fix it. Since your are knowledgeable and it is "beyond you" on how it happened. Go ahead and fix it..... didn't think so. What makes it not "near" what they were working on? Maybe they did some work on carts without talking about it in patch notes because it wasn't needed to be put in patch notes, and it affected the christmas cart. You think coding has anything to do with what time of year it is? LOL.

"Hey guys, how did you mess up the christmas coding, you know christmas stuff is a whole other part of coding that has nothing to do with this seasons stuff". Coding doesn't recognize what the image actually is, it just does what the code says to do, so how is it which I'm assuming because it is a "christmas item" that got messed up, does that have ANYTHING to do with how it did or didn't get messed up? lol. Such simple minded people.

Things happen, and randomly happen in the worst ways sometimes. Get over it.

#32 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Gotcha we confirmed the frame and wheels, we'll be working on that.

#33 DestinyDeoxys

DestinyDeoxys

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 1588 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

Why is the turak king level changed? It's like Lv.200+ now and he's not doing any skill at all just pure melee...

#34 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:05 PM

Go ahead and fix it. Since your are knowledgeable and it is "beyond you" on how it happened. Go ahead and fix it..... didn't think so. What makes it not "near" what they were working on? Maybe they did some work on carts without talking about it in patch notes because it wasn't needed to be put in patch notes, and it affected the christmas cart. You think coding has anything to do with what time of year it is? LOL.

"Hey guys, how did you mess up the christmas coding, you know christmas stuff is a whole other part of coding that has nothing to do with this seasons stuff". Coding doesn't recognize what the image actually is, it just does what the code says to do, so how is it which I'm assuming because it is a "christmas item" that got messed up, does that have ANYTHING to do with how it did or didn't get messed up? lol. Such simple minded people.

looks like u getting more and more defensive towards the rose team....
he is just an example of what normal user will react, do u need to be so angry about it?
are u trying to say we are not suppose to feedback/complain anymore?
we as a customer don't just accept thing as is it and get over it.
If you can get over it, that's your problem. don't force your mentality to others!

back to the topic.... i am not sure your knowledge about coding or what is called SDLC and project management...
please do get yourself some knowledge on it before trying to defend something.

back to rose development team, it is proven over and over again... they do mess up things and apparently something is not right with their internal development process.
a proper project management and SDLC would have minimize a lot of errors which we see constantly in almost all patches.

#35 K0rey

K0rey

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:13 PM

The moldies outside of Junon are saying vulgar language. Can we fix this?

#36 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:15 PM

Go ahead and fix it. Since your (you're*) are knowledgeable and it is "beyond you" on how it happened. Go ahead and fix it..... didn't think so. What makes it not "near" what they were working on? Maybe they did some work on carts without talking about it in patch notes because it wasn't needed to be put in patch notes, and it affected the christmas cart. You think coding has anything to do with what time of year it is? LOL.

"Hey guys, how did you mess up the christmas coding, you know christmas stuff is a whole other part of coding that has nothing to do with this seasons stuff". Coding doesn't recognize what the image actually is, it just does what the code says to do, so how is it which I'm assuming because it is a "christmas item" that got messed up, does that have ANYTHING to do with how it did or didn't get messed up? (Great run on sentence here, you've impressed me with your ignorance and sealed it with your own misguided words.) lol. Such simple minded people. (You really shouldn't try insulting people when you've already provided the opposition with enough information to prove you to be the simpler mind.)

I guess since you think you know everything.. You would think you could realize the Christmas cart frame, wheels, and spare tire icons are not just part of the Christmas season since a lot of people have this cart, and have it colored in different themes and I'd guess some people probably have multiple frame colors which could cause some minor inconveniences for those people, customer service is key to their business. Those icons are probably in an item mall section of the programming -- Makes complete sense to keep your coding organized so you can edit it and modify it quicker and more efficiently.. Someone probably just commented it out on accident but it isn't a big deal.

Perhaps you can notice the sarcasm in my previous statements? -- Appears you completely missed it.

#37 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:28 PM

I don't think I know everything. They were dealing with item mall section as you must bring the item mall up to bring up the lucky spin area, which they did an update to. Thing is, I know just as much as you do. Like I said maybe they were updating things we don't know about, not everything is needed to be told to the public. If they did some coding reworking or something that wouldn't appeal to even the people doing the work, or it wouldn't show any affect on the game visually per say or affect your gameplay... why would they put it in the notes?

The only reason I replied to you is because it gets really annoying hearing people complain constantly when they don't know what is actually going on, I used to do this a lot. I was an idiot who thought I knew everything and just rambled on, fact is ever since I've been more positive and tried suggesting rather than bickering,.. its' not only made for a more fun experience, but I've noticed better feedback and actually got answers rather than being known as a jerk and ignored. Maybe I took what you said too far as well and like you said didn't notice your sarcasm, but I just think sometimes things get to be too much.

The devs put up with a lot, if it was me bad career move for them or not, I would've kicked everyone off these forums(including the old me), shut this game down and said F it. This community doesn't care about the bigger picture anymore, all they want to do is pick out every little thing this company does wrong. It is easy to jump on the lets hate bandwagon, it usually even makes for a better time cause you get 9+ cronies behind you +1'ing your posts and agreeing with the assumptions and bull crap people say. But instead of doing that, why don't we start suggesting things, for instance maybe instead of sarcasm or bickering... suggest them to organize things if you think that is the problem if you think it is becoming quite an issue.

#38 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

looks like u getting more and more defensive towards the rose team....
he is just an example of what normal user will react, do u need to be so angry about it?
are u trying to say we are not suppose to feedback/complain anymore?
we as a customer don't just accept thing as is it and get over it.
If you can get over it, that's your problem. don't force your mentality to others!

I'm not defending them, but like I said to Justin... negativity only gets you ignored. Trust me I know first hand. Look at old posts, I complained all the time. I'm still trying to not be that person I was because it gets you nowhere... no matter what kind of mentality you have. Feedback and constructive criticism is fine, but complaining is flat out annoying.

We as a customer... I am a customer. I'm not saying we should just "accept" it. I'm saying we should accept it, but whining about it does nothing.

You are telling me that it is SUCH A HUGE DEAL that some items visually aren't showing that you must bicker about it? What does that do for anyone? I know what kids do on here.... I did it. This is exactly it right here: "I'm gonna rage reply with these very intellectual reasons why this company is doing a horrible job, and make them feel stupid about themselves.... to get my way". << THAT, NEVER, WORKS! lol. Trust me. More than likely will only get you ignored.

#39 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

I'm not defending them, but like I said to Justin... negativity only gets you ignored. Trust me I know first hand. Look at old posts, I complained all the time. I'm still trying to not be that person I was because it gets you nowhere... no matter what kind of mentality you have. Feedback and constructive criticism is fine, but complaining is flat out annoying.

We as a customer... I am a customer. I'm not saying we should just "accept" it. I'm saying we should accept it, but whining about it does nothing.

You are telling me that it is SUCH A HUGE DEAL that some items visually aren't showing that you must bicker about it? What does that do for anyone? I know what kids do on here.... I did it. This is exactly it right here: "I'm gonna rage reply with these very intellectual reasons why this company is doing a horrible job, and make them feel stupid about themselves.... to get my way". << THAT, NEVER, WORKS! lol. Trust me. More than likely will only get you ignored.

this is the result after his post. way off from what u said being ignored.

Gotcha we confirmed the frame and wheels, we'll be working on that.

#40 JustinHaze

JustinHaze

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 635 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:42 PM

No need to single me out next time cause you have poor people skills.

The development team does not read the forum, period. Genesis does from time to time and attempts to help. You have your content in game. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be so civil about them messing up your toilet paper hut. - This is all moot. Joey you can stop trying to prove something to everyone, we simply do not care.

#41 maldini

maldini

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1675 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:45 PM

The development team does not read the forum, period. Genesis does from time to time and attempts to help. You have your content in game. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't be so civil about them messing up your toilet paper hut. - This is all moot. Joey you can stop trying to prove something to everyone, we simply do not care.

worst still.. he is trying to force everyone believe that his way is the best and everyone should follow it. acting smart and arrogant act...

#42 Nelko

Nelko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationPhilippines, Earth
  • Server:Arua

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:49 PM

Hard Mode. What a moniker. This is "Hard Mode" in a nutshell (because someone forgot to include all the details in the Patch Notes):
  • You can attempt a raid once (1) per day.
  • If you're Premium, you get three (3) more chances.
  • You get 15 minutes to clear a raid. If the timer hits 0, the entire raid wipes.
  • You get 5 more minutes added to your raid time if you slay a Guardian and Keeper in time.
  • Bosses now speak, especially when casting skills. And they cast skills unrelentingly. It's a completely effective tactic to hide their actual health level, thus disguising the urgency of just how much more work you have to put in to kill them.
  • Bosses now spam mute with every skill they have. Melee attack, and a mute. Spell, and a mute. AOE, and a mute.
  • You cannot use restorables, just the crafted potions that apply instant effects.
It felt like even with decked out PvM gear, the bosses could cut through us like a lightsaber through Swiss cheese. First boss wiped the team in under 45 seconds, simply by running in between our two halves and casting skills like there's no tomorrow. We didn't even realise it until 75% of the team was dead. Full HP one second, dead or dying the next.

The second one ground us to a halt twice. The excessive mutes stopped us from getting anything done quickly.

Of course, there are Premiums out there that might have more insight (as well as actual experience) as to how difficult the bosses are now.

Also I don't like the direction Gravity is taking with their definition of "hard." They're encouraging people to clear a dungeon in a manner which leans toward impatience and greed.

Can anyone vouch as to how more valuable the rewards are for "Hard Mode"?

#43 ibyang

ibyang

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 51 posts
  • Locationph
  • Server:draconis/leonis

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:50 PM

Disguise Box is really giving us hardtime to get what we really want >.<

#44 whattafaceee

whattafaceee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

im gonna play again to get that teepee and the bunny hat. go ebk! lol

#45 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:05 PM

I have poor people skills? I run a restaurant kid, I spend my life working with people and socializing and making sure my customers are happy. Please enlighten me on how I have poor people skills because I do not look up to or care what you really have to say. Most of the things you say get ignored because you are rude and come off as a 15yr. old running his mouth like a know it all, when in fact you never base anything off of facts or reality... you just complain and base things off what you want. You are just another "give me what i want or i will whine" type of kid. Get out of here with that lame crap kid, you know nothing about "people skills". You think being a dingbat with 99% of what you say and acting as if you are the biggest and baddest thing to "come back" to ROSE, as if anyone here gives a crap... you are dreaming child.

My "content" in game has nothing to do with this conversation. My toilet paper hut lol << there goes that 15yr. old chatter again lol. I was cool whether they were gonna put it in the game or not, I even told them that. I was happy and appreciative that they put it in the game. I've been trying to be more positive of a person WAAYYY before I even had this "content" of mine submitted. So don't use something you have no idea (AGAIN!) what you are talking about to use against me.

I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone, other than being negative does nothing.

Maldini, I'm not trying to push any of my beliefs on anything or "force" anyone to do anything. I'm simply stating how negativity does NOTHING. Where has it gotten you? Let's once again base things off of fact here, we can discuss multiple things being positive has gotten me... cause I guarantee not one good thing has happened for you in this game, that came directly or even indirectly from you being negative.

Both of you can go take your childish trash talk somewhere else. Nobody wants to hear it here. Bring something to the table or complain to someone else, nobody cares anymore about whiners. We get it, you like to pick out every little thing the devs do wrong.... you are so freakin' cool for that! LOL smh. (btw: when you guys both reply to this, don't forget to +1 each others replies. lol)

Funniest line so far "the devs does not read the forum, period".

Oh and stop trying to talk for the entire community. When you say things like "nobody cares", just because you have 3-5cronies behind you agreeing with you, doesn't make up for the entirety of the rose community. :)

Edited by SirSlayer, 10 July 2012 - 07:25 PM.

#46 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:09 PM

I have poor people skills? I run a restaurant kid, I spend my life working with people and socializing and making sure my customers are happy.

Funniest line so far "the devs does not read the forum, period".

What's the name of your restaurant and where is it located? Just curious.

#47 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Better yet... I'll pm the restaurant name. If anyone would like to know feel free to PM me.

Edited by SirSlayer, 10 July 2012 - 07:47 PM.

#48 coalchamberloco

coalchamberloco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 170 posts
  • Server:leo

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:11 PM

Vanishing buff glitch is back with a vengeance

#49 lafamilia00

lafamilia00

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 154 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:14 PM

Ciros Italian Bistro in Pennsylvania :) Look it up if you must :)

Cool. I might have to stop there one time and check it out when I'm in Philly. Should be like a 2 hour drive from there. I like trying out new restaurants :)

#50 SirSlayer

SirSlayer

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1638 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 July 2012 - 07:15 PM

Please do :) Yeah it's not too far from Philly. Only 1 1/2 if there isn't too much traffic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users