[Classic] Patch Notes for Classic: Loki - Page 2 - Loki Classic Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

[Classic] Patch Notes for Classic: Loki

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
418 replies to this topic

#26 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

I'm kind of disappointed by the fact that the dragon tail map on the payon fields wasn't added... Once we have all of the maps in are there any plans to update maps to the actual episode 13.2 spawns? I feel like in some cases the map changes you guys are making are good, but in several cases they are dissapointing, like in the case of Chiv having no instant spawn abysmal knights currently, and the lack of a field map with dragon/nine tails on it, and a few other things I can't think of off hand.

One of the best maps that's missing X_X

#27 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

I really like the icewall nerf, it will make for much more interesting comp at least.

#28 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:54 PM

I really like the icewall nerf, it will make for much more interesting comp at least.

First of all this is not going to do anything to change the comp. Secondly its a really dumb change just for the simple fact that sometimes you want to use ice wall for things other than MVPing. I good solution might have been to reduce the health of Ice wall if they wanted to make it more challenging, but the fact that I wont be able to use ice wall at all in bio 3, and couple of other maps just sucks.

#29 YamaBR

YamaBR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:11 PM

First of all this is not going to do anything to change the comp. Secondly its a really dumb change just for the simple fact that sometimes you want to use ice wall for things other than MVPing. I good solution might have been to reduce the health of Ice wall if they wanted to make it more challenging, but the fact that I wont be able to use ice wall at all in bio 3, and couple of other maps just sucks.

yes I agree, they are changing the game more than they should and this will certainly ruin my wizz now that I am already leveling up Ice Wall, and those changes are like a renewal, but with other kind of changes (because they are changing everything: maps, skills...)

#30 Freezythree

Freezythree

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:27 PM

Theres nothing worse than someone arriving to an orc hero late, sensing, realizing that they have no chance. And them icewall porting just so they can do whatever at all costs to get the loot. Without convexes it makes it impossible to find because they had 3 extra people turn up to find it. I think the change is needed, but I can see problems for biolabs if icewall limitation does indeed stay in for that map specifically.

#31 Tolrin

Tolrin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 351 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:31 PM

Honestly I'd rather have the MvPs spam EQ or something on rude attack rather than have icewall disabled on maps. Although there are abusive ways to use it, there are plenty of legitimate uses of icewall for protecting a party and keeping a monster immobile in a bad situation.

I think the real reason that icewall is disabled is that the GMs don't think that you should be able to tank an MvP in it and have the MvP go idle if your killer dies, which is the common strategy for stuff like valk and morroc, and similar stuff, but as a player I don't really see the problem with it.

#32 Pres

Pres

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1427 posts
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 02 August 2012 - 02:33 PM

Yeah IW is extremely useful for some mvps (especially later on). I have comp'ed other wizards who had to abuse the IW to teleport mvps, but that can be reported like it should.

#33 aying24

aying24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 03:57 PM

wondering if heim can fix sign quest NPC serin?! m still stuck and serin won't warp me still....: (

#34 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 04:14 PM

Did you send in a ticket through the support website?

#35 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:07 PM

icewall wasnt a renewal change lol.

If you're referring to icewall being disabled on mvp maps, it was.

Last (?) Ifrit on pre-renewal:

Posted Image

First (?) Ifrit on renewal:

Posted Image

Then some time later they nerfed it.

And finally, unrelated but just for nostalgia's sake, first Ifrit on iRO:

Spoiler

#36 renouille

renouille

Too Legit To Quit

• Public Security Section 9
  • 2448 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Server:retired

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:19 PM

Serious question for a second, what did Ice Wall accomplish (other than icewall bugging the MVPs) that fiberlock couldn't? It seems to me that ice wall just makes it so you don't have to fight the MVP to kill it, and I imagine that is exactly what the change is supposed to stop.

Of course, I've never killed the bio3 mvp Pre-RE (and for the record I am also against the change lol), but I'm curious what could make it so useful other than bugging the MVP?

I don't know what you mean by "icewall bugging." The two icewall bugs I'm aware of only affect players.

Icewall keeps the mvp trapped on one cell forever, for free. (You do have to keep casting it, but it lasts a good long time--44 seconds at level 10.) Fiber lock is expensive, lasts for only a few seconds, and doesn't stop boss monsters' "idle random walk" routine, so they will still be moving around.

Icewall isn't necessary by any means, but it's immensely useful and made it so easy that we killed the bio3 mvp hundreds of times in 2-3 person parties.

Like so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOrf3eArKYk

#37 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:21 PM

no, it was disabled on some specific maps due to drama/abuse. It was something distinctly seperate of renewal.

either way : it wasn't a change put in because of renewal, it was put in because of the community.

Edited by Xellie, 02 August 2012 - 05:22 PM.

#38 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

AFAIK there are/were no problems with Ice Wall on the Classic server. Totally unnecessary change.

#39 aying24

aying24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:36 PM

Did you send in a ticket through the support website?

yes i did twice but no solution...serin doesn't wanna warp me into her room. soon my 2nd ticket will close again and it's not gonna be solve again.

#40 zr0rieu

zr0rieu

Universal Translator

• Members
  • 3475 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:40 PM

Try making a post under the technical support section on the forums and use the irowiki page to describe which option you took.

#41 aying24

aying24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 06:49 PM

Try making a post under the technical support section on the forums and use the irowiki page to describe which option you took.

Part 6b: Serin the Pleasant-Featured Lady

1. If you chose Pleasant-Featured Lady, Serin, go find Serin and she explains that the witch is going to summon Dark Lord which will devastate the world, instead, to pass her the Symbol of the Nine Realms to stop the witch. She'll send you directly to her room.
2. In the room listen to her reasons for using the Symbol of the Nine Realms. Serin has tricked you and she was the one who wanted to summon Dark Lord and so you must "Stop her". After talking to her, Dark Lord will appear. Talk to him and 1 Dark Illusion is summoned to attack you. There is a 10 minute time limit on this battle. Every time you are kicked from the room due to a loss or a time out, there is a chance that you will fail the quest.
3. Once you beat the Dark Illusion, Serin will reappear. She'll tell you she's happy that she met you and she'll give up her dream and live peacefully in Nifflheim. Later on she'll send you back to the Witch's room.

PS. this is the option i chose and serin didn't even warp me : (
and i did state them on my 1st ticket, then the 2nd one is that i'm complaining coz it's still not working.

#42 aying24

aying24

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 07:20 PM

ok now she's working! after that short restart i went then she warped me and fought dark illusion..tnx again for doing it gave me motivation to lvl again...tnx

#43 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:36 AM

AFAIK there are/were no problems with Ice Wall on the Classic server. Totally unnecessary change.

I know at least 5 people who were planning icewall in their build purely for bugging MVPs.

Necessary change.

#44 Habee

Habee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:01 PM

I know at least 5 people who were planning icewall in their build purely for bugging MVPs.

Necessary change.

As pointed out by others .. there are definitely better ways out there to fix this problem ... removing ice wall completely from most maps that matter doesn't seem like the right solution. I am hoping that it is at least available in bio 3 (and whatever other map it is needed in).

I would really appreciate some official word on this.

#45 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

With regards to louyang being implemented, would the spawn of mi gaos be increased due to server population and people actually leveling ect as there's a whole bunch of ksing going on right now >_>

#46 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • LocationValhalla

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:49 AM

Icewall is ONLY needed in bio3.

#47 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm curious about what better solution there is for Ice Wall. The options that I saw available were only 2 and admittedly both not "good" but at least would work.

1. Make specific maps restrict ice wall (this is what happened)
2. Remove Ice wall from the game. Readjust Wizard skill tree and refund Skill points appropriately.

Icewall is invincible to monsters (playes can beat it down) but monsters litterally treat it as an invincible block of "no walk zone". We experimented for 3 weeks with Valkyrie Randgris trying to get her to avoid, break or otherwise bypass Icewalls. And nothing worked, even grimtooth (direct damage) Earth Quake, Heaven's Drive etc don't actually damage. Nor can we make the MVPs jump over, snap back slide or otherwise skip the Icewall, this is due to their "no knockback" property that boss monsters have. And worse we can't get the MVP to even detect IW being casted as it isn't targetted at the MVP nor have an area effect going down on them. I think making the MVPs not boss property would open up way more exploits like status ailments and stealing which would make everything problematic more so than removing Ice Wall.

We did discuss changing Ice Wall with development team, and it wasn't seen as feasible/worth while as only our community uses it as a turn MVPs inert skill. With all these variables here we didn't have too many other options remaining but to either let chump killing the bleeding punching bags that the MVPs were, or limit an option.

I love IW when its use was to protect the party, IE create a barrier. But that barrier idea all too often became a "screw up the monster AI thing" or worse lets force tele the monster to annoy the other group. Neither of these things are a challenge, neither is actually fighting the MVP, it is just farming a monster at that point. Plus the amount of reports we get of the MVP losers IW all over the MVP drops so the other group can't pick up was a lot ridiculous. I suppose I could set MVPs than when idle to just continually send people away every .1 seconds that way the party could never approach it when it is Idle (meaning you can't hide behind IW or risk it going idle). We did this with Valk by making her JT, and Spear boom when she wasn't otherwise engaged, but it didn't help very much she still died like a punk.

#48 Iinker

Iinker

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

If mvp is idle let it cast vampire gift level 10 every 10-30 seconds. Pretty sure the damage done to icewall with vampire gift heals the mvp. Or you could make it unusable in a 3x3 area around monsters/players like hunter traps.

Edited by Iinker, 07 August 2012 - 07:16 PM.

#49 jas8907

jas8907

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:40 PM

If ice wall is never going to be allowed on MVP maps again, then might as well just remove it from the skill tree and issue resets for those who got the skill. Part of the reason people use ice wall on MVPs is that their skills can be way too overpowering (like high-tier MVP). Yes, it's supposed to be a challenge, but at the same time many of them shouldn't require 12+ people to kill. Eventually, the people with GTB/GR/DR are going to monopolize those MVP anyway because they will be the only ones who can "efficiently" kill. I'm pretty sure most of them will not "play friendly" either. Removing powerup seems good enough, and maybe even hells judgement at this point too. I'm going to take a guess that Dark Lord and Baphomet are the two least killed MVPs on the server.

#50 Dragonhope

Dragonhope

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:47 PM

So...just because a skill is disabled for MVP maps, it's completely useless?

In that case, why not remove Cloak and Hide and all the skills that are disabled for WoE and PVP and stuff? Using the same logic you're going by, they're also completely useless right?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users