Something Something Something Classic, What about Renewal servers!? - Page 3 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Something Something Something Classic, What about Renewal servers!?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
192 replies to this topic

#51 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

Ymir server really can't be merged due to the major difference in items, there is a different update that has to be done to mitigate the god item craziness first before any merger plan could occur.

that bit is a bit scary. Yes Ymir does have a much higher god item/mvp card count compared to other servers, because it holds ~4-8 years worth of 4 servers worth of items.

Aside from recent times a lot of it wasnt easy mode either.

#52 D111

D111

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4543 posts
  • LocationOrlando
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 July 2012 - 05:51 PM

Merge all renewal servers into one.

+1

#53 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

Really doeee? Why da phaq, would and should the servers all merge? For one, Ymir has all their god items and MVP cards from god knows how long, for TWO, Im sure Ygg loves being their small server with no Mess and -_-, and for three Valkyrie server is full of bots, merging will only stop people from playing more than one of the renewal Servers. IF you want more people to play renewal servers, then you should seriously, Reset all the certs -_-. Everyone stop playing Renewal due to the fact that gravity been greedy for mula, and made all these Kafra shop gears to spoil people. =____= Like -_-. Just have another BALANCE PATCH and make sure it REALLY IS B-A-L-A-N-C-E-D because, I'm sure when things are balanced, people will get back to RO, and be happy that theres NO OP -_- that people use just to one shot. There has been a OVERFLOW of kvms. Its so sad. All i see now a days, are people with +9 gears and UP killing people with their gears. No strategy what so ever. Its real sad to say but, most people i know, quitted Renewal SERVERS because of the OP skills, CLASSES, and gears. X___X. Get da OP -_- out. Point Blank. =___= and learn how to really Balance classes.
Seriously, I literally think, Wanderers are dying out. All i do is stand there and look kawaii. =____= Like kawaii is gonna save me from dying....I think one of the things needed to be added to the Balance Patch is that, the chorus skills don't require another performer. Let it be solo usage. =) The only 3rd class skill i use is....Sirens,Swing Dance, and MAYBE song of despair, but oh wait, its useless because SURAS can just Snap THRU, shadow chasers can JUST BACKSLIDE OUT, and ABS can move the status =___=;. I Don't see ManWhole or Cursed Circle being able to get healed...-___- OP bull -_-. Whatever doeeee.
#Realtalk

#54 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

There will be an update (supposedly) that will take care of the God Items prior to the merge.

#55 yaguhLOLOL

yaguhLOLOL

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1076 posts
  • LocationiRO Valkyrie
  • Server:AWOL

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:56 PM

Oh yay. =____= Get rid of the god items so no one can play "Im to good for you" Sadly they don't know they only to good for you with their god item. Lmfao.

#56 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 14 July 2012 - 02:48 AM

I stopped doin cross server woes too -ygg and ymir- for awhile coz I needed to do important businesses in valk, even classic came out and I do know ppl mostly move/play there now coz of obvious reasons, but the fact that server wont get any updates and ppl someday will be just mostly logging their 99s to woe, I also did my same short term goals there to make one woe char and go back playing in renewal servers, since I still main Valk and Ymir, Im always into helping anti-god monopoly (not sayin I do big time woes, but to participate still in renewal woes because of these upcoming kagero oboro/bellums and new woe updates -I did disliked reading the translations but Ill try it a shot) but well, for my gaming tastes; and since my grinding years are already over a decade ago from Pre-R, Id still main Renewal also because of my investments and thats all for me.

And as what some ppl posted, Renewal got more ruined because of the stupid certificates/upgrade events, hope we never have this again ever in Renewal.

Edit: And I say NO to merge issues, Ymir has tons of Gods/MVP stuffs (thinking how woes will be with lots of FB/Taos/GTBs) and dont wana make 1 renewal server and get infested with bots, my place of peace and thats only Ymir :(

Maybe all that we can do is think of how can we make the dead servers alive again, and I do love that Ymir copy-my-classic try-out thing, hope theres more of these events.

Edited by HayrohsLegacy, 14 July 2012 - 02:57 AM.

#57 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:45 AM

Merging the servers isn't going to solve all the problems of the renewal servers.

I honestly was getting very bored with leveling and playing. once you hit a certain point with leveling, it's hard to solo, or even do 2-3 man parties. Or even finding smaller parties period. They don't exist anymore.
Leveling on renewal servers has turned into TIs. and if you don't get into a party you are technically screwed. And if you do get into a party you are waiting for up to 2 hours to get going to kill.
Skills are broken, and classes are not equal. And when something was working, it's revamped and is no longer working.

Shadow Chasers for one used to use fire trap, now it's Arrow Storm. though it's not even that impressive. Why can't a class have access to both build options? I'm sick of seeing only one way to do characters.
Same with some of the Suras, Lightning ride used to be great, then it's dead and isn't worth it. Why do we always have to break still to a point where they are -_- ass.

Take the poor wanderer. She is of no use with her 3rd class skills in woe. her arrow Sever Rainstorm used to be something to be useful with. Not the damage isn't worth as much of the effort. Maestros are still a bit in demand but mostly only because of strings. But again still, what's the point of 3rd class skills if they do nothing of great worth?

I'm sick of playing characters that are always messed with and chopped down to nothing.

Ecen my AB who is 150, i'm glad i didn't have to play her so much now since after the update, I find the sp drain from using the group buffs crazy. I thought they where supposed to help the class support larger groups easier, but when the priest is being drained so badly, even with 2 or 3 in the 12 man party, it hurts.

Right now Ymir or any of the renewal servers have no appeal to me. I do miss my characters and the things have build up, but honestly I was just plain bored and frustrated.

If it wasn't for classic and the challenge of starting over, i probably wouldn't be playing at all right now. I think that can be said for quite a few people on classic.

#58 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 14 July 2012 - 04:02 AM

Posted Image

#59 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

Posted Image

i killed his family when i palyed iris!!

#60 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:21 AM

There will be an update (supposedly) that will take care of the God Items prior to the merge.

Would be interested to see what that is, without alienating everyone who currently owns god items.

#61 Zinja

Zinja

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2348 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 14 July 2012 - 06:43 AM

Would be interested to see what that is, without alienating everyone who currently owns god items.

^
details of the update?

#62 mintypudding

mintypudding

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1306 posts
  • Server:Your Mom

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:21 AM

So... what happened to all the people whining like goddamn babies about the potential Ygg merge? Seems like most people want one now. :p_conf: Not that I care at this point, haha.

#63 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

I remember a bunch of people legitimately not happy with the decision, I don't recall any "whining goddamn babies" though. Also I still know people who don't want the merge, myself included? Also the head GM says its untenable presently? So what exactly are you talking about.

#64 Lynex

Lynex

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 802 posts
  • LocationOhio
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

I remember a bunch of people legitimately not happy with the decision, I don't recall any "whining goddamn babies" though. Also I still know people who don't want the merge, myself included? Also the head GM says its untenable presently? So what exactly are you talking about.

South Pront.

#65 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 14 July 2012 - 11:32 AM

I remember people actively voicing their disagreement with a forced merger with an inequitably equipped aging unbalanced server that would kill off the remaining playerbase within 6 months of a merge just like it did to the total populations of Loki, Chaos, Iris-- all at an unnecessary cost of sacrificing a bigger server than ymir when they already had enough spare hardware to make a classic server without displacing people. I don't remember any baby whining though. Unless you mean yourself? Cause yeah, I do see a QQer up in this hizzie.

Edited by Jaye, 14 July 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#66 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2012 - 12:30 PM

So... what happened to all the people whining like goddamn babies about the potential Ygg merge? Seems like most people want one now. :p_conf: Not that I care at this point, haha.

First everyone was crying about merge...now mostly just Ymir.
The last few active members of the Ymir community jumped ship when classic opened.
The last hold outs are mostly people that are attached to their equips.
i personally think active community > equips so I have 15 well geared very abandoned characters now.

#67 Chorvaqueen

Chorvaqueen

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1098 posts
  • LocationMiddle Earth
  • Server:Teyvat

Posted 14 July 2012 - 03:20 PM

Gosh, I haven't logged in Ymir for a week now. :c

#68 Helios0

Helios0

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2425 posts
  • Server:Chaos (Yggdrasil☻RIP)

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:36 PM

-nuke both ygg and ymir
-create new server
-let people from Ymir and Ygg xfer 1-2 char (3-5 if VIP) to new server (no mvp cards or god items)
-chars not xfered to new server get dumped on valk

set it up like 4 months in advance
people have to reserve what char they xfer before hand
no char transfer reservations 1 month prior to move
make server VIP only char creation for a month or 2 then open it up to public but with inflated VIP benfits and with the Magic Stone Restrictions

Edited by Helios0, 14 July 2012 - 05:37 PM.

#69 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 14 July 2012 - 05:48 PM

while were at it can we make a new forum for classic and renewal... its getting to the point where one or the others topics/threads get muddled and buried by the other... since they are basically 2 different game the should have their own forums... keeps confusion down as to which version theyre talking about

#70 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:37 PM

First everyone was crying about merge...now mostly just Ymir.
The last few active members of the Ymir community jumped ship when classic opened.
The last hold outs are mostly people that are attached to their equips.
i personally think active community > equips so I have 15 well geared very abandoned characters now.

In a game where getting max level takes about 5-10 days, but getting max level equips takes several years (god items/mvp cards) people do tend to be more attached to their equips than the actual chars.

A merger isnt going to result in a (noticably) higher population. It will result in a noticably higher concentration of god items/mvp cards though as seen with the sakray merge then later the premium merge.

@Zinja no idea, other than the last couple lines of the OP post. I'm assuming such an update doesnt actually exist right now and that its just a "well something has to be done" idea pre-merger at this point.

The ideal solution is probably to have god items outdated just like any other type of equipment. It works for mvp cards, and wouldnt result in current god item holders quitting.

#71 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 14 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

i think they should make god items break down over time... have them good for like 3 months or so and then break down into pieces all over again... making them outdated would be a bad idea although at the rate were going they either need to get buffed or they will ultimatly become outdated

#72 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 05:10 AM

do you have any idea how hard it is to (re)make a god item if your not in the current majority alliance? Most of the people i see ask for that option dont own god items. Thats an extremely harsh penalty. Imagine if all your current gear did the same thing? if your +12-14 kvm/valk/diablos gear vanished every 3 months? we have problems with oversupply of just about everything.

Edited by Hrothmund, 15 July 2012 - 05:11 AM.

#73 MekoBilly

MekoBilly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 06:52 AM

do you have any idea how hard it is to (re)make a god item if your not in the current majority alliance? Most of the people i see ask for that option dont own god items. Thats an extremely harsh penalty. Imagine if all your current gear did the same thing? if your +12-14 kvm/valk/diablos gear vanished every 3 months? we have problems with oversupply of just about everything.

^+1
I am not sure players, writing about server merge with "no mvp cards or god items", and things like god item disintegrations, know what they just suggested. Imagine how those players, who spared every pieces of zeny lets say for 6-8 years to own their god items; or fighted against monsters and comps for years to have their wished MVP card, feel if these things happened! Might as well asked for a general monthly inventory sweep, just to make the remaining playerbase even in every regards.

I would have only one question - what would be the point playing this game for those, who are not here to PVP/Woe, in case of loosing the most precious things the game could offer for them?

I liked Greek mithology, but the example of Sisyphus is not the one I would like to experience in a game (or in life in general)...

#74 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

If we really want to balance all the servers on a merge, break all god items into pieces and make it super hard to remake. Disable all mvp cards until 5000 of the mvp are killed by that player, like a kill count quest. And return all kvm gears to +0 and remove certs/safe upgrading. That'd be the best thing overall.

Honestly MVP cards and kvm gears are more OP than god items anyway. Anyone who thinks otherwise either doesn't have any of them or doesn't understand renewal's mechanics at all.

#75 MekoBilly

MekoBilly

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts

Posted 15 July 2012 - 09:51 AM

If we really want to balance all the servers on a merge, break all god items into pieces and make it super hard to remake. Disable all mvp cards until 5000 of the mvp are killed by that player, like a kill count quest. And return all kvm gears to +0 and remove certs/safe upgrading. That'd be the best thing overall.

Honestly MVP cards and kvm gears are more OP than god items anyway. Anyone who thinks otherwise either doesn't have any of them or doesn't understand renewal's mechanics at all.

I do not know whether you are serious, or just trolling, but your post made me think. So if someone spent real money on Kafra Points and millions and millions of z to get pots, buffs etc., killed 4-5000 MVP in thousands of playing hours concentrating on this game, and finally got an MVP card as a desired result for his insane amount of work, has an unfair advantage compared to others, who did nothing in the game compared to the ardent player. He/she should spend another 4-5 years /or more depending on his/her luck/ again, to use the card again. Hmm:
1. Why would anyone invest his/her life again in this game knowing someone could think, say in 2014, (assuming the world will not end at the and of the year:)), that droprate is too high, reduce it to 1:500.000, and the "kill count" you mentioned is too few, raise it to 20.000 kill?
2. What made you think this kind of rules would be enticing for "long time IRO-players"?
3. Would you compensate everyone, who managed to get god items/MVP cards, and would be "penalized" just because they acquired something with hard work and do not have the time/chance to do this all over again?

Ragnarok is a game. As in real life, those who care about it, expect to get more results for more efforts. Without the real chance to achieve something extraordinary (owning god items, finding an MVP card), and living with the fear, someday all of their invested work will vanish (item disintegration, ban), why bother with it? I live in a country where leaders just change things after they dreamed about something "cool" for them, and do not care about the consequences among ppl, who made them leaders /let the game roll/. No offense, but I hope, seriously hope, reasons are more important in this game than bold ideas that could ruin lots of peoples fun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users