• This topic is locked This topic is locked
42 replies to this topic

#26 kiiwi

kiiwi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

And yet you need to buy VIP to play? Yeah it is pay2play.

To make a character, not to play. You can play all you like without vip.

#27 loliko

loliko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationSan Francisco
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valk > Ygg

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

To make a character, not to play. You can play all you like without vip.

Hmm, I wonder how someone that is not VIP can play without a character.

#28 ItsMoonie

ItsMoonie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 502 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:18 AM

Hmm, I wonder how someone that is not VIP can play without a character.

That's why we have free servers, so people can "try" the game.
Presumably if they like the game and continue to play they will buy VIP at some time and not freeload forever, at which point they could create characters on every server to play at their leisure.

#29 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

As many people have mentioned before, the problem is once the user is ready to pay for VIP and feels it's worth it, they are already at a high level and don't want to restart, or may have made friends and have joined a guild already. Nobody is going to want to suddenly start over in Ymir at that point. If Ygg remained a "quick start" and "made to merge" server that would make more sense but the GMs waited way too long to do a merger. Maybe one idea could be to to allow free character transfer (perhaps only into Ymir) on the first VIP activation, but that might take a bit of extra implementation.

#30 Kuropi

Kuropi

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 841 posts
  • LocationRight behind you.
  • Server:Valkyrie, Classic

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

You'll have to excuse some of the rage against classic. Some of the renewal players are just mad that all their friends quit renewal entirely, and went to classic, and will never come back to renewal :D

#31 KashiwaReysol

KashiwaReysol

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:42 AM

You'll have to excuse some of the rage against classic. Some of the renewal players are just mad that all their friends quit renewal entirely, and went to classic, and will never come back to renewal :D

and they will end up moving to classic as well.

:rofl:

#32 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:46 AM

play classic if you wanna play classic... play renewal if you wanna play renewal... two different games... nobodies PREFERENCE is right...

#33 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:51 AM

Removing the vip requirement for making charas on Ymir would be good or bad. On one hand, new players who skip over Ymir due to the vip requirement might go to Ymir and thus boost the population. On the other hand though, the bots would undoubtedly come and cause the people who chose Ymir due to botlessness to rage quit.

#34 Niji

Niji

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2701 posts
  • Locationhell
  • Server:classic!!

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:52 AM

And yet you need to buy VIP to play? Yeah it is pay2play.

no you don't you only need vip to create chars that's a one time charge for no bots gee guess were stupid.

#35 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

the thing about hopping servers to ymir is the god items and mvp cards already there... they could merge the current renewal servers together and open a new renewal server for the current classic players to copy to to keep going as a kinda optional server... but i dont know how many people on the current renewal servers or the classic server would want to transfer to a player unbalanced server...

#36 Ultimate

Ultimate

Ultimate Event Inventor

• Members
  • 2915 posts
  • LocationValhalla Dwarf NPC

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:57 AM

It hurts to login to Ymir, and I'm really sad that more people seem to be leaving with no news of a merge. There's a promise of population going back up but here's the thing -- even if you whip out new woe content or a new area it probably won't help. We've received new areas like the place with the toucan enemies, and the comodo dragon volcano. These are entirely new towns and they were practically empty on the release day.

"Unbalanced" or dead, you choose. P.s. when I started playing there were tons of god items on Loki, it's not like you just call it quits because someone else has nice gear. You work for it. If anything, merging with increase anyone's chance of getting a god item rather than reducing it. It's frustrating how much people worry about balance/unbalance.

The fire is already burning...just keep waiting and maybe there'll be something left after it burns itself out >_>"

Edited by Ultimate, 17 July 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#37 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

those were minor updates with not much to them... they need to release things like that in a group... like 3 different islands at a time... otherwise theyre too small to excite the player base... the upcoming updates are going to bring alot more changes to the game as a whole... more than just a map or two... for the better or the worse... well that remains to be seen...

#38 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Would like to point out its not renewal that prevents your server from growing, it is the pay to play, valk has a huge population of latin american players as well as other international communities where not all of their friends can afford the pay to play block. Hence they would never join a server that their friends find prohibitive. Pay to play is THE reason ymir does not grow. Need proof take a good look at valk the number of people who run around town. Renewal is not the problem, the valk server is a case in point. You need to remove your paywall but it may already be too late, who wants to join a already dead server?

Edited by Alicesaurus, 17 July 2012 - 12:11 PM.

#39 TheSquishy

TheSquishy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1871 posts
  • LocationHawaii
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2012 - 12:15 PM

those were minor updates with not much to them... they need to release things like that in a group... like 3 different islands at a time... otherwise theyre too small to excite the player base... the upcoming updates are going to bring alot more changes to the game as a whole... more than just a map or two... for the better or the worse... well that remains to be seen...

The problem with the update isn't the amount but their failure to improve anything.
The real improvements needed never come: class rebalancing, skill debugging, monster xp rescaling.

#40 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9781 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:03 PM

i totally agree with the class rebalancing skill fixing and monster xp rescaling i really would have liked prerenewal to continue into the renewal content.. without the need for turn ins or eden group... those are the things about renewal that bug me... the fact that there are like 2 builds per class now and leveling is forced down one path... but alot of other things about renewal i enjoy as well like costume gears some of the skills that were fixed the mount system... unfortunatly as we all know its all about what kRO chooses to do...

#41 Magefist

Magefist

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 953 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:Classic

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

no you don't you only need vip to create chars that's a one time charge for no bots gee guess were stupid.

sentence structure is wrong but I get it. LOL "were" ----- "we're"

#42 XIII_Eraser

XIII_Eraser

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1448 posts
  • LocationBehind You
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 17 July 2012 - 02:22 PM

Ugh so any GMs wanna respond about the perma 2x VIP?

#43 Channa

Channa

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 459 posts
  • LocationOn, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

i totally agree with the class rebalancing skill fixing and monster xp rescaling i really would have liked prerenewal to continue into the renewal content.. without the need for turn ins or eden group... those are the things about renewal that bug me... the fact that there are like 2 builds per class now and leveling is forced down one path... but alot of other things about renewal i enjoy as well like costume gears some of the skills that were fixed the mount system... unfortunatly as we all know its all about what kRO chooses to do...

Agree with you there. That is the biggest thing that bugs me about renewal right now. it's the leveling and the skills. Balancing didn't fix muich, cuz it's broke 70% of most skills and then fixed 30% of the others.

I do miss some things of renewal, but at this time it's not worth or even enjoyable to play.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users