Brindizer

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 444 posts
  • LocationDuluth
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:10 AM

With 30,000 HP, healing yourself for 2900 doesn't really suffice. Casting a skill on yourself that doesn't even recover 10% of your own HP seems to be a problem. The idea is that Highness Heal would make up for that, but it really doesn't. You still only heal yourself for a third, and even then it has a long delay.

It just seems so difficult to heal off damage in PVP, making it almost pointless to do so. Is there anything that can be done to make heal more effective in PVP areas?

#2 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:15 AM

It just seems so difficult to heal off damage in PVP, making it almost pointless to do so.

sounds like its working as intended to me . . .

#3 Freedom

Freedom

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1630 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:16 AM

I agree with you on this, the healing is not good. They need to nerf it so you can heal mor ein the 5k range.

#4 Talvis

Talvis

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1985 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Midwest
  • Server:Renewal Chaos

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:40 AM

It just seems so difficult to heal off damage in PVP, making it almost pointless to do so. Is there anything that can be done to make heal more effective in PVP areas?

OMG, I have to actually rely on skill and gear in pvp and not just having a fast heal b----.

#5 Doddler

Doddler

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1035 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 September 2010 - 11:47 AM

They seem to be leaning more towards encouraging use of heal over time skills. Stack sanctuary, epiclesis, and warmer together and you have a lean mean healing machine that can quickly recover party HP without active monitoring. It also makes your party a blur of lights and colors, but I guess that's the penalty. Toss in some coluceo heal and renovatio for added effect, and high heal for bust healing.

Edited by Doddler, 23 September 2010 - 11:48 AM.

#6 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:27 PM

you can get a higher heal with equip prob can get to 3.5k with the right gears and besides no harm in holding pots on you incase you need to heal faster >___<

#7 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 03:34 PM

I dont see a problem. Your not meant to be healing 30k back in a few seconds. One of the largest problems pre-RE was that if you couldnt one-shot someone in pvp/woe, you couldnt kill them fullstop until they run out of pots.

The basic heal spell restores a bit less than it used to, however there are a lot of new healing skills and items added.

PVM damage has been reduced substantially, so its a lot easier to keep up with damage there unless your doing something dumb.

#8 joanne

joanne

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 572 posts

Posted 23 September 2010 - 06:48 PM

Im fine with the heal as is not much diff than how it is on ymir atm i can pretty much get the same heal as my hp has atm >__< and atleast now my hp when turned arch bishop can survive longer in places like thors v lol i was there killing even solo with rune knight before that was fun ^___^

#9 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:19 AM

My one gripe with Healing in RO is how Pots>Heal in almost all situations. This is the reverse trend on some other MMOs where Healing is actually the main source of getting your health back and potting is just something to supplement Healing if it is not enough.

#10 Miyuki

Miyuki

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 598 posts
  • LocationUnderground

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:28 AM

My one gripe with Healing in RO is how Pots>Heal in almost all situations. This is the reverse trend on some other MMOs where Healing is actually the main source of getting your health back and potting is just something to supplement Healing if it is not enough.

Let's not push Grav toward the direction that they're gonna throw in a cool down time on all pots. >_>

#11 Prodigy

Prodigy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1340 posts
  • LocationTX
  • Server:Transcendence

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:56 AM

I've already stated my views on RO pots in another thread. tl;dr version of it is, the game is already designed largely around how our current pots work, and I think that if they touch that system, they're gonna have practically another renewal scale project on their hands.

With that said, buff Heal!

#12 Kadelia

Kadelia

Rainbow Sparkle, Go!

• Members
  • 14312 posts
  • LocationVirginia, USA
  • Server:Chaos/Renewal

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:20 AM

pot system was also largely designed around the max hp our characters had. With higher max HP, higher damage values can be considered fair, and the effectiveness of the old pots drops. Not much different than the effectiveness of heal going down as well.

#13 Akin

Akin

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 827 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 24 September 2010 - 11:51 AM

This does leave room for better pots, and new gear that can increase the potency of heal. I'm sure it will all be Kafra based...Posted Image

#14 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 01:55 PM

Let's not push Grav toward the direction that they're gonna throw in a cool down time on all pots. >_>

cooldown on pots would be one of THE most balancing things in pvp/woe. Would make swordmans HP recovery skill count for something and people wont just run macros to use 20 pots/sec.

Heal recovery rates have gone through the roof in renewal though. Renevato heals ~1k-1.5k per tick, that tree thing heals 2.5k/tick heal itself was 2200 on my naked AB, then there is also sanctuary (still 777 i think) an AOE heal, a large emergency heal and the standard heal.

Oh and pots that increase your HP recovery rate and max HP by 3000. Arent there also foods (previously considered meh - useless) that heal 10% of HP?

#15 Axylus

Axylus

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2383 posts
  • LocationEngland, United Kingdom

Posted 24 September 2010 - 03:23 PM

According to a post on the iRO Wiki forum, arch bishops on KRO have access to an exclusive accessory that reduces the reuse delay of High Heal by 3 seconds. Equipping one of these accessories would allow you to use level 1 High Heal once every second, and equipping two would allow you to use level 2 High Heal once every second.

Edited by richard, 12 February 2012 - 06:10 AM.

#16 Hrothmund

Hrothmund

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2168 posts

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:41 AM

Is it confirmed that they stack? or is it like fixed reductions where only the highest reduction thing functions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users