Maintenance 7/19 [Return of the summoner] - Page 3 - Ragnarok: Patch History - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Maintenance 7/19 [Return of the summoner]

• Please log in to reply
126 replies to this topic

#51 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

Funny thing, not as many people in Ygg really care about Ymir's items as you think.

There's gonna be a problem of something being overabundant if a merge happens, whether it's botted goods or rares from an old server. Deleting items is a horrible idea that leads to people quitting. You know that I hope.

What's the problem with giving lower-tier players a chance to get higher-tier items, huh? In case you didn't realize, a lot of the MVPs that are worth-while are permanently camped by better-geared players pulling out more DPS than you ever will. Should someone just say "well I'll try to join them for profit", or "well I can't compete. guess I'll never get to hunt it"?

You don't GET it. It's not ME that you need to convince, of course I want to keep my stuff.

It's the GMs that need convincing. There are a lot of practical business reasons as to why Ymir sucks for them that sucks for us. I'm sure other game devs would be looking at RO and shaking their heads sadly, crying inside a little for the future of the game.

Sucks for us. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

edit: some background on me ... I joined the ~serious~ scene long after everyone else. I never had as good gear, I never had mvp cards, I never had god items. I battled from the bottom to catch up with them. Eventually I did.

Anyone can do it, so long as the items are over saturated. Anything a newbie can use, an older player can use 10x more.

Edited by Xellie, 19 July 2012 - 03:51 PM.

#52 Beata

Beata

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1493 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Would be better if it was 4 merit + a unique item of that MvP. Currently it seems too given imo. Valk MvP should have never been in the list too. The loot will flood the market where it is better to keep them at minimum for value. That includes the other big MvPs like Satan and beelz, those should never show up in the future list.

#53 Kitten

Kitten

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3077 posts

What is the "fix" for the CD thing, anyway? Was the proc rate changed?

#54 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

Funny thing, not as many people in Ygg really care about Ymir's items as you think.

There's gonna be a problem of something being overabundant if a merge happens, whether it's botted goods or rares from an old server. Deleting items is a horrible idea that leads to people quitting. You know that I hope.

What's the problem with giving lower-tier players a chance to get higher-tier items, huh? In case you didn't realize, a lot of the MVPs that are worth-while are permanently camped by better-geared players pulling out more DPS than you ever will. Should someone just say "well I'll try to join them for profit", or "well I can't compete. guess I'll never get to hunt it"?

Like the campers for Valk Randgris doing 500k per bomb? Lol. No way I'm ever going to be able to compete with that.

#55 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

Wipe all servers... start again. just give anyone with 1 max toon a max toon with no gear lol.

too high right now lol.

I camped thousands of mvps over the 9 years i played... you'll never guess how much zeny i made... then lost it all opening ocas lol.

#56 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:lol

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:54 PM

You don't GET it. It's not ME that you need to convince, of course I want to keep my stuff.

It's the GMs that need convincing. There are a lot of practical business reasons as to why Ymir sucks for them that sucks for us. I'm sure other game devs would be looking at RO and shaking their heads sadly, crying inside a little for the future of the game.

Sucks for us. Hindsight is 20/20 and all that.

You ignored 90% of my post completely, so I assume you're done?

When you were dead set on getting my Merge topic closed you always ignored the suggestion to disable MVP cards/God Items in WoE for a period until Ygg gets used to how Ymir people play, and a chance for them to potentially obtain some, etc. It was a well-liked suggestion from Ymir players, too.

Hmm...

#57 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Would be better if it was 4 merit + a unique item of that MvP. Currently it seems too given imo. Valk MvP should have never been in the list too. The loot will flood the market where it is better to keep them at minimum for value. That includes the other big MvPs like Satan and beelz, those should never show up in the future list.

I'd be seriously pissed... i had over 5k pocket watched npcs when i came back @_@

#58 TheLastExile

TheLastExile

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 407 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

Ok ^^ looking forward to summoner being back, also Synchronized Lip licking Castel is back biks

#59 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9322 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

Ok ^^ looking forward to summoner being back, also Synchronized Lip licking Castel is back biks

Agh!! They aren't in sync. They are ever so slightly off.

#60 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

What is the "fix" for the CD thing, anyway? Was the proc rate changed?

it was fixed so that it expired after the 5 seconds and wasn't a constant buff from what the patch notes say.

#61 Pril

Pril

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 562 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 03:59 PM

Unless you've created some new effect, Saharic Hypnotist's Staff is probably going to be worse than any other rod. Race damage cards apply only to physical attacks, not magic, so unless someone is whacking with auto attacks, they will not benefit from the saharic effect. If you did however, make it 40% more damage with magic, that's just downright overpowered due to how matk works.

#62 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

Here's a great example of why the CD in Mouth needed to be fixed. With the right bolts going off, it was actually siginifcantly stronger than Shadow Spell.

#63 Xellie

Xellie

Valkyrie

• RO Fungineering
  • 18610 posts
  • Twitter:@nekoxellie
  • LocationValhalla
  • Server:Europe ban!

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

You ignored 90% of my post completely, so I assume you're done?

When you were dead set on getting my Merge topic closed you always ignored the suggestion to disable MVP cards/God Items in WoE for a period until Ygg gets used to how Ymir people play, and a chance for them to potentially obtain some, etc. It was a well-liked suggestion from Ymir players, too.

Hmm...

Go read your own topic, I addressed it in the fact that a few months isnt enough time to catch up to 30 years worth of crap.

As for the rest, I'm not going to bother, because your guild will come swarm the forums attacking me. Y'all want competition but you want private mvps. This makes no sense. Yoink don't even try that hard at valk, me and hrishi ez them any time we please. So at the guy saying I'm throwing a tantrum, it kinda a bad move toward people that camp MVPs (read your own guildies?!) or have worked hard to earn the ability to do so.

Why so willing to make all my work amount to nothing, but defend your own?

#64 rivermans

rivermans

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationProntera in the World of Rune Midgard
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:05 PM

Go read your own topic, I addressed it in the fact that a few months isnt enough time to catch up to 30 years worth of crap.

As for the rest, I'm not going to bother, because your guild will come swarm the forums attacking me. Y'all want competition but you want private mvps. This makes no sense. Yoink don't even try that hard at valk, me and hrishi ez them any time we please. So at the guy saying I'm throwing a tantrum, it kinda a bad move toward people that camp MVPs (read your own guildies?!) or have worked hard to earn the ability to do so.

Xellie just ignore them!!
At least you play the game fairly and don't feel the need to cheat to win as many of them.

#65 IcedCafeMocha

IcedCafeMocha

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 285 posts
  • LocationEngland

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hooray for uncamped mvps /snortgiggle

#66 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Quoted from the CD thread:

Alright so it's fixed now and I have been testing it. I have a question: Is the proc chance really 6% now? Seems like it has the same chance as me proc-ing Gfist using my RoFL combo. Maybe I was just lucky with the Gfist, but pls answer that. :p_smile:

#67 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts
  • LocationHayward, California, United States of America

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:15 PM

Is it just me or is the summoner either bugged or there are some hidden requirements the NPC doesn't tell you about? I don't see the "warp wisp" and I never got teleported to any waiting room, even though it took my 4 badges.

#68 CheddarJack

CheddarJack

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1972 posts
  • LocationNJ
  • Server:Valk

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:21 PM

curious...how do you make a party join you in the summoner? i dont see any wisp anywhere. Im scared to lose my EMB and not have my guildies join me

#69 xCupcakex

xCupcakex

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts
  • LocationLunaris Temple
  • Server:Loki / Classic Loki

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

So the weapons was all that was added for Classic? What happened to adding Louyang?

#70 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

I wouldn't try it, it sounds like its not working based on all the people by the NPC I'm talking to. Don't waste your badges.

#71 bored

bored

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 268 posts
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:23 PM

i saw some people from same party going in so there must be some way

#72 Hrishi

Hrishi

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2365 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:26 PM

Does the rental saharic Staff do anything for magic users? Or is it useless?

#73 StStephen

StStephen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 310 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:29 PM

If it requires a certain type of party or something like that they should tell us on here and so should the NPC.

#74 xFireize

xFireize

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 777 posts

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

If you wanna fix the CD, please fix it correctly, FFS.

#75 MrTyranitar

MrTyranitar

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2298 posts
  • Server:lol

Posted 19 July 2012 - 04:32 PM

You make it sound like I'm part of the mafia and you're a scared person who ratted on us, or something.

Besides, according to you, you run iRO. You make everything happen, no one else, no matter how much something is suggested. So what would "my guild" in this case do to you? Cause you further internet rage than what you already have?

MVP cards weren't worthless when the summoner was around for tons of months previously. Why would it change now? You don't play. Or did that change for the four-billionth time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users