Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 20 July 2012 - 02:56 AM

Hi you!

As the topic says this will hopefully be a deep discussion about the Pvp mage.
After being in love with the profession since I started playing rose over at ROSE Online I finally thought I make one. So I did, and I'm about lvl 200 now as you read this. SO I just have to take the very last lvls and farm for gear now (Please give farm tips, Map/spot/char/gear needed Etc etc).
I was really thrilled with this champ until I was told and I also got to get the real picture my self of Pvp Mages, They are glass cannons.. Hurt like hell but can't take more than 1 or 2 hits.
Now what I need is YOUR Expertise to make up a build that will make mages Decent in pvp!

I have several questions that I want answered and 2 suggestions to start things off and I will divide them into numbered sections.

Questions:
  • Does T7 gems generate more AP (attack) then D7 gems?
  • I've read that Mage have bad accuracy, is this true and do you need loads of con to even it out? If so is StarAgates a better choice?
  • Which class and in what situations is a mage stong and where are they weak?
  • Is there anyone that can Scrn shot and link me a good skill build?
  • Does M-def lower the chance of people landing a stun on you?
Suggestions

These are build suggestions that I think might work better than the original AP build. Since what's the point of having 8 K AP when a champ or raider for example can kill you in a few hits.
  • The first build is sort of a tanky mage. Since they have such great passives for AP boost I think they will get a decent amount of damage to get some kills with without the Lava set and 5 D7's. The gear I think of here is to boost my Defense as much as possible. And it Would be the following: Chiv Orleans (15) for dmg and def, Epic 200 wep for dmg, Orlean backsheild (15) for even more defense, 3 PinkOpal 7 and 2 Topaz 7 (IF topaz give more AP than D7's and gives less stun success for the opponent) or 3 PO7 with 2 SA7 or just 5 PO7 for even more def, as for jewelry Idk if there is a 140+ set that gives defense if not Ring of the Sea might be nice for Max hp and dodge or you go Lava set for some AP and AC. This build would make you somewhat tanky, question is if you will have a good combination of survivability and damage with this set up. You wont have high movement speed at all here so you will have to stay put, tank,stun and do dmg. Hopefully this will work somewhat and bring the mage back in action.
  • The Second Build is the Squishy movement speed build, I dont think I will have to go so deep into this, it's just movement speed stat on all gear and then T7's or D7's depending on what gives the most AP. SA7 might be a viable choice if mages have bad accuracy. And ofc the Epic wep. Just land as much spell on range as you can, when they get close you run. Question is if this works any good against Bourgs with high Ms or scouts.

Well there you have it all, I will fill in more questions and suggestions once I come up with them. But I need your expertise to find out what the best and strongest build would be for a pvp mage.
So response to my thoughts with all you got!
Thanks in Advance!
~Swink

#2 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England
  • Server:Draconics

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:11 AM

Questions:

• Does T7 gems generate more AP (attack) then D7 gems? No, D7's give Pure AP, overall giving more AP
  • I've read that Mage have bad accuracy, is this true and do you need loads of con to even it out? If so is StarAgates a better choice? You don't need High Con as Magic attacks ( especially the AOE's ) rarely Miss
  • Which class and in what situations is a mage stong and where are they weak? It all depends on the Build, however, take this as good information "if your being attacked by more than 1 person...Run"
  • Is there anyone that can Scrn shot and link me a good skill build? No one will do this, however, I can link you to a good calculator to use to make a virtual build, I'll post the links below.
  • Does M-def lower the chance of people landing a stun on you? Nope. It's level based, i.e a lvl 220 has a higher chance of stunning a lvl 200 compared to a lvl 200 trying to stun a lvl 220.

Links for calculators:
Skill Calculator Good for making Virtual Builds.
Stat calculator Rescudo's, well known, used by many.
Stat calculator Shows AP gained from certain stat allocations.

Edited by ShadowF0X, 20 July 2012 - 03:11 AM.

#3 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:leonis

Posted 20 July 2012 - 03:43 AM

Questions:

• Does T7 gems generate more AP (attack) then D7 gems? Yes they do, and will also increase your mdef and heals.
  • I've read that Mage have bad accuracy, is this true and do you need loads of con to even it out? If so is StarAgates a better choice? Accuracy is indeed needed when it goes to pvp, especially against raiders. Around 2300-2500acc should be good.
  • Which class and in what situations is a mage stong and where are they weak? For 1v1, mage are extremly good against champs and melee tanks, against xbow tanks it will be a bit more hard and you will need the fight to be with food (although it's possible without, but harder). So mage are very powerful against the soldier class (low mdef).
    Then they are also pretty good against dealers (second lowest mdef).
    Against muse class they are fair (mute skills help a lot).
    Finally hawkers. It will be the hardest class to take down, especially raiders. You will be able to take down scouts with a proper build, but raiders will be much harder.
  • Is there anyone that can Scrn shot and link me a good skill build? Take hellfire and all stuns, you will also use the aoes (hurricane,tempest, wind storm) and soul doubt.
  • Does M-def lower the chance of people landing a stun on you? Nope
Suggestions

These are build suggestions that I think might work better than the original AP build. Since what's the point of having 8 K AP when a champ or raider for example can kill you in a few hits.
  • The first build is sort of a tanky mage. Since they have such great passives for AP boost I think they will get a decent amount of damage to get some kills with without the Lava set and 5 D7's. The gear I think of here is to boost my Defense as much as possible. And it Would be the following: Chiv Orleans (15) for dmg and def, Epic 200 wep for dmg, Orlean backsheild (15) for even more defense, 3 PinkOpal 7 and 2 Topaz 7 (IF topaz give more AP than D7's and gives less stun success for the opponent) or 3 PO7 with 2 SA7 or just 5 PO7 for even more def, as for jewelry Idk if there is a 140+ set that gives defense if not Ring of the Sea might be nice for Max hp and dodge or you go Lava set for some AP and AC. This build would make you somewhat tanky, question is if you will have a good combination of survivability and damage with this set up. You wont have high movement speed at all here so you will have to stay put, tank,stun and do dmg. Hopefully this will work somewhat and bring the mage back in action. That's somewhat the build I have, although i have fair mouvement speed since i buffset it. Regarding clothes don't forget to check the pvp resitance and offensive % on all honor gear and you will quickly find a better build than chiv ;).
  • The Second Build is the Squishy movement speed build, I dont think I will have to go so deep into this, it's just movement speed stat on all gear and then T7's or D7's depending on what gives the most AP. SA7 might be a viable choice if mages have bad accuracy. And ofc the Epic wep. Just land as much spell on range as you can, when they get close you run. Question is if this works any good against Bourgs with high Ms or scouts. Some have this build, but well hit and run is quite lame. Plus scouts or range people will easily take you down.

~Swink

#4 Swiink

Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Ty for your replay. Well if not chiv for the more tanky build, what then? And will I hurt enough with OP7 and Lava set? How tanky am I if you compare with a Raider or Champ.

And the most important question, Are we still weak? or are we in the fight with somewhat close benefits as a raider or Scout?

#5 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

¤

Edited by luciolle, 26 July 2012 - 07:41 AM.

#6 Swiink

Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:06 PM

Thank you so much for taking time to this topic!
I hope you will give me the feedback, you are so helpful!!

Are those stats buffed or unbuffed, if buffed are they with buff set?

Anyways with those stats and I assume unbuffed since you did not say anything about buffs it's a good balance between Defence and damage. Considering ppl have lower m-def we dont need that 8 K ap to do amazing dmg, I think 5 K will be enough since we do magic damage most of the time.
But I really like that build, you have something good going there!
Can I take you'r in game name to bounce of some Ideas and maybe see you in action since we are on the save server? Or would that be too much of a burden? :P My clerics name is Swiink, I'm almost always online on it.

Thanks once again, keep posting here please!

Edited by Swiink, 27 July 2012 - 01:39 AM.

#7 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 21 July 2012 - 11:43 PM

Since when did D7's become less valuable for PURE AP then any other Gem?

some calcs I have done ( all based on base AP )
x1 D7 = AP+20 +8%
x1 T7 = INT+10 +8%
x1 INT = 0.6 AP
T7 Example.
400 INT x 0.6 = 240 Base AP
+ x1 T7 ( INT +10 ) + 8% ( calc from base stat ) = 442 total INT
442 INT x 0.6 ( from Staff )
= 265.2 Total AP gain
D7 Example
+ x1 D7 ( AP +20 ) + 8% ( calc from base stat ) = 400 total INT
D7 % Calc = 8% of 240 ( base AP ) = 19.2 AP
400 INT x 0.6 ( from staff ) = 240 + 20 AP ( D7 ) = 260 + 19.2 AP ( 8% )
= 279.2 Total AP gain.

So as you can see, just from simple math, the calculations show that you do obtain more AP from a D7 then a T7.

#8 Swiink

Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

x1 D7 = AP+20 +8%
x1 T7 = INT+10 +8%
x1 INT = 0.6 AP
T7 Example.
= 265.2 Total AP gain
D7 Example
= 279.2 Total AP gain.

So as you can see, just from simple math, the calculations show that you do obtain more AP from a D7 then a T7.

well if i'm not wrong there is a passiv skill that's been ganged so that T7 generate more AP than D7's

#9 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:02 AM

Which passive is this?

Are you talking about the new skills that are set for release? If so, Remember, nothing is set in stone and this guide is meant for now not for the next few weeks.

#10 Swiink

Swiink

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:45 AM

Which passive is this?

Are you talking about the new skills that are set for release? If so, Remember, nothing is set in stone and this guide is meant for now not for the next few weeks.

Idk tbh but it has been confirmed in here and also in other mage related topics recently that T7's are better atm, browse some topics and you'll find out.

#11 luciolle

luciolle

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 375 posts
  • LocationFrance

Posted 22 July 2012 - 01:46 AM

x1 D7 = AP+20 +8%
x1 T7 = INT+10 +8%
x1 INT = 0.6 AP
T7 Example.
= 265.2 Total AP gain
D7 Example
= 279.2 Total AP gain.

I couldn't personally tell you why you are wrong but it changed few months ago, Phish/PickUp will be able to tell you for sure.

#12 ShadowF0X

ShadowF0X

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 330 posts
  • LocationSunny England

Posted 22 July 2012 - 05:58 AM

It changed? Dayum, I guess they should delete the stat calculators and skill calculators that are in the forums o.o

This is just what I got from doing those calculations using those tools and the Bonus's you get for each class and the weapons.

Sources:
http://forums.warppo...at-bonus-chart/
http://forums.warppo...tat-calculator/
http://forums.warppo...or-version-103/
http://rosena-wiki.org/wiki/Main_Page

#13 OtelDouDou

OtelDouDou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:28 AM

Hi,

I'm making a mage right now, and would be very interested if you got nice results in your investigations :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users