(Version 3)Next years Pirate Event quest - Quest Submissions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

(Version 3)Next years Pirate Event quest

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Forums

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:25 PM

So we all know how lame it was this year... So now I make a suggestion for the next years Pirate Event! :unsure:
I post it in the quest submissions section, because it's basically a quest.

The event starts at Judy the event girl in Zant... (of course, where else it would start...)

The event starts with a Treasure Map! Judy gives a Treasure Map to the players... which leads them to a hidden area in Kenji Beach. Where they find nothin', but a Message in a Bottle!

The message in the bottle:

This is a very old letter... and as it is "Talk like a pirate event"... the letter is written in pirate language!

"Dear ol' Captain Ruven...

I be writin' this letter to ye, because of an urgent trouble.
We ben sailin' in th' South Sea when we be attacked by pirates! Pirates! Our very own kind be attackin' us!

This betrayal must not be tolerated, we must act!

-Captain Bruise"

The letter was written very long time ago when Dread Captain Bruise and Ruven weren't enemies and Bruise didn't have the Blinding Mist yet. Anyway, the letter has to be shown to Ruven!

(While we are it... I think Captain Ruven should get a new model... a model that looks more like a pirate... Yarrgh!!)

The second part of the event starts at Captain Ruven... that pirate bastard in Junon Polis!

He says something like this: (Pirate talk translator is EPIC!) xD

"Errr... This be written by that son of a biscuit eater Bruise! I be glad he port Junon an' sailed' t' Orlo wi' his rusty airship...

What be this? Sea dogs? This must be about them lily livered Kenji Sea dogs! Arrghh!

They gave us a lot o' troubles lately an' I`d be glad t' be rid o' them!"

Anyway... Captain Ruven gives a quest to go to Kenji Beach and hunt down the Kenji Pirates (event NPC's). The player must return to Ruven with 15 Kenji Hooks!
The player receives a box of Pirate Hooks from Ruven as reward. (which contains various pirate hooks)

The third part of the event is also started by Ruven. The spies of Ruven reported that a number of Kenji Pirates hide on the Dolphin Island!

Ruven says it this way!

"My spies be tellin' me that some o' th' Kenji Pirates hide on th' Dolphin Isle, arrr.

Will ye go thar an' hunt them traitors? I`d be happy if ye brought aft some o' the'r precious hats!"

So the task is given! The hidout of them traitors is known! The players has to go to Dolphin Island and return with 15 Kenji Pirate Hats!
The reward for completing this part of the quest is a box of Pirate Hats. (which contains various pirate hats)

The fourth part of the event leads back to where it all began... The Adventurer's Plains! The hideout of the Vicous Captain of the Kenji Pirates has been found!

Ruven says:
"One more thin' be left. Captain Jack th' captain o' th' Kenji Pirates be hidin' in th' Adventurer`s Plains!

If he be dead our troubles with him an' his crew be gone fer ever!"

The captain's last known location is in the Adventurer's Plains... Captain Ruven wants his pirate patch!
The reward for this quest is a box of Pirate Patches. (which contains Pirate Patch of various colors)

After completing all three quests given by Captain Ruven, the player has to go back to Judy in Zant.
When this part of the quest is completed a repeatable quest becomes available from Judy.

This repeatable quest sends the player to Sunshine Coast which apparently was invaded by the remaining Kenji Pirates. The player has to kill 50 of them, then return to Judy.
The reward for the repeatable quest is a Pirate Treasure Box (the one dropped by the bugs in the last event). Which contains either Pirate Hat, Pirate Hook, or Pirate Patch and maybe some other interesting treasure... Who knows?
Or maybe not the Pirate Treasure Chests. (See it in the Updates)

UPDATE 1:
Considering that the pirate event items were very rare in the past events, I would like to change the repeatable quest idea to not destroy this raritiy completely with the following addition to my suggestion:

Sunshine Coast Pirate Invasion
Captain Jack was not the only trouble maker on the seas of Junon. Dread Admiral Whitebeard and his crew invaded the peaceful Sunshine Coast.
Judy has started to recruit visitors to help in the defense of the Sunshine Coast! Admiral Whitebeard and his crew must not reach Zant!

Admiral Whitebeard should be the EVENT BOSSof this event. He should spawn on the beach after killing a certain amount of Pirates.
He is very tough, so many visitors will be needed to defeat him! Upon death, he drops the Pirate Treasure Chests and many other shiny stuff!

UPDATE 2:
Kaminichuan gave me another idea. Perhaps the boss I mentioned in the previous update could be in a party instance.
The instance could be a giant Pirate Ship where players have to defeat some pirates and the Admiral, the Admiral should only be defeated by a full party!
The difficulty of the admiral should be based on the level of the party.

In order to get to the pirate ship the players first have to collect some Teleport Stones from the invaders in Sunshine Coast.
After getting enough Teleport Stones the party has to talk to the event girl Judy, and she will teleport the party to the Ship.

Keep the ideas coming!

Edited by PickUp, 24 September 2010 - 11:03 PM.

#2 Kittiz

Kittiz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 674 posts
  • LocationSC, USA
  • Server:Both

Posted 23 September 2010 - 01:56 PM

Yes. +1.

I didn't even participate in this event this past time...so lame. x.x It just seemed like it was too much of a waste of time for me.

#3 Eylisia

Eylisia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts
  • Locationin your closet

Posted 23 September 2010 - 05:59 PM

Yeah am not a fan of the camping, this sounds like it would be fun tho :unsure:

#4 Blitzkrieg

Blitzkrieg

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 515 posts
  • LocationIndia-Mumbai

Posted 23 September 2010 - 10:18 PM

+1
how about killin hooks to get pirate hook LOL

#5 Galexy

Galexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationTexas, Usa
  • Server:Leonis.

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:35 AM

After two years of events where it had been really hard to get the pirate items, I think this would make attaining all the items way too easy.

I like the idea that it is a real event with NPCS and all of that...but collecting events are all done out. All the other events they have had so far are these kinds of events.
What made the Talk Like a Pirate Event so much fun the first time around was that it included GMs in the game, it required a massive amount of people to gather around and scream nonsense at each other all day long. Granted, having the GMs personally pass out pirate items to each player was time consuming and not the best way to hand out items, I do not want to see the :"gathering" part of this event to be thrown to the wayside. Nor do I want to see a million of these items clogging up the markets. I'd rather see this event be a zulie sink like the Winter/Summer Game Events than a collecting event, and neither one of these is preferable if given a choice.

I do like that you've incorporated Dread Captain Bruise into the mix and used the all-but-abandoned Dolphin Island Map, but I would like to see a more challenging quest to attain the rewards so challengingly gained by players in the last two years. Something along the lines of the Rags to Riches quest...or something even more challenging. Events that will last longer than a day, basically..

#6 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 24 September 2010 - 07:57 AM

After two years of events where it had been really hard to get the pirate items, I think this would make attaining all the items way too easy.

I like the idea that it is a real event with NPCS and all of that...but collecting events are all done out. All the other events they have had so far are these kinds of events.
What made the Talk Like a Pirate Event so much fun the first time around was that it included GMs in the game, it required a massive amount of people to gather around and scream nonsense at each other all day long. Granted, having the GMs personally pass out pirate items to each player was time consuming and not the best way to hand out items, I do not want to see the :"gathering" part of this event to be thrown to the wayside. Nor do I want to see a million of these items clogging up the markets. I'd rather see this event be a zulie sink like the Winter/Summer Game Events than a collecting event, and neither one of these is preferable if given a choice.

I do like that you've incorporated Dread Captain Bruise into the mix and used the all-but-abandoned Dolphin Island Map, but I would like to see a more challenging quest to attain the rewards so challengingly gained by players in the last two years. Something along the lines of the Rags to Riches quest...or something even more challenging. Events that will last longer than a day, basically..

First of all, thank you for your feedback!

The rewards for the quest chain and the repeatable quests are not written in stone. They can be modified. Though the quest chain can only be done once per character, so the rarity of those items are more or less still there if we change the reward for the repeatable quest to something else. Perhaps they could come up with new items as rewards for the quest chain.

What would you think if we spiced the Sunshine Coast Invasion part with a Pirate Boss monster that "talks like a pirate"?
The Pirate Boss would spawn after killing a certain amount of Pirates on the beach and would drop the Pirate Treasure Chests along with other shiny stuff. The boss should be very tough and should hit hard so a lot of people would be needed to defeat him. I'm sure many people would want his Treasure Chest so it would bring the community together!
I haven't seen an interesting boss battle in ROSE since the beginning of evo, perhaps it would also bring back some good ol' memories!

In addition, my submission can also be extended/modified, because more or less we have 1 year till next year's Pirate Event. During that time I will try to extend this suggestion to make it as good as possible.

Edited by PickUp, 24 September 2010 - 07:58 AM.

#7 kaminichuan

kaminichuan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 499 posts
  • LocationAustralia
  • Server:leonis

Posted 24 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

exactly my thoughts :(
its nice keeping a set of gear rare and hard to earn.. partly luck based
oh and those winter zulie events weren't much fun for new and poor players :unsure:

edit---
maybe the boss battle could be a party instance like cave of ulverick (difficulty depends on party level? and party exp share needs to be on?)
or to make it even harder you could make the final enemy a team of pirates xD so fighting multiple bosses at the same time

hmm ingame GM involvement for an event would be really interesting..

Edited by kaminichuan, 24 September 2010 - 09:16 PM.

#8 PickUp

PickUp

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1774 posts
  • LocationNowhereland

Posted 24 September 2010 - 10:53 PM

exactly my thoughts :(
its nice keeping a set of gear rare and hard to earn.. partly luck based
oh and those winter zulie events weren't much fun for new and poor players :unsure:

edit---
maybe the boss battle could be a party instance like cave of ulverick (difficulty depends on party level? and party exp share needs to be on?)
or to make it even harder you could make the final enemy a team of pirates xD so fighting multiple bosses at the same time

The party instance is also a very interesting idea. Perhaps the instance could be on a giant Pirate Ship where the players have to fight some very tough pirates and the boss.
Perhaps before a party could enter the Pirate Ship they should have to collect some items that lets them teleport to the ship.

I'll add this to my suggestion.

#9 princesspop

princesspop

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 43 posts
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 25 September 2010 - 02:10 AM

#10 yamz

yamz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 953 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 25 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

+1,

This years Pirate event is so boring

#11 Lybis

Lybis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 636 posts
  • LocationFloating Around Somewhere!

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:00 AM

I love your quest idea's! This would be so much more fun!
Can't wait for orlo to see what quests of yours they have used! :unsure:

+9000 btw :(

Edited by Lybis, 26 September 2010 - 08:01 AM.

#12 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 26 September 2010 - 08:06 AM

Captain:yar!! are ye ready kids!!
Lil pirates:ayay!! captain!!
Captain:UhhH!! i cant here ye!!
Lil pirates: AYAY!! CAPTAIN!! :unsure:

#13 Rawrr

Rawrr

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 September 2010 - 12:07 AM

Captain:yar!! are ye ready kids!!
Lil pirates:ayay!! captain!!
Captain:UhhH!! i cant here ye!!
Lil pirates: AYAY!! CAPTAIN!! :p_err:

. . .

#14 paLDube

paLDube

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 696 posts
  • Locationheaven

Posted 27 September 2010 - 02:45 AM

. . .

what the matter? :p_err:

#15 Galexy

Galexy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 314 posts
  • LocationTexas, Usa
  • Server:Leonis.

Posted 28 September 2010 - 06:30 AM

I like both update suggestions. =) Party instances are fun, but there never seemed to be enough of them when they were all first rolled out. took forever to get into those in the OT when it first opened. I don't have any chars to try out the Cave of U, but, from what I hear, its the same there. Popularity of these may abate after the first few days of the event, so it miht not be too bad, but it will be difficult at first. Especially with only one channel to connect from for either update.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users