What. (possible update) - Dragon Saga Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

What. (possible update)

• Please log in to reply
104 replies to this topic

#1 Slayze

Slayze

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 209 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:26 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AoyUgqBm4Bw

via 4Gamer

An update, "DSA X RAG Shockwave", that introduces contents from "Ragnarok Online" into "Dragon Saga", an action RPG developed by Gravity Games, a subsidiary of Gravity, will be implemented in the Korea version on 25th July.
* Gravity acquired Dragonica's original developers, Barunson Interactive, in September 2010. Barunson Interactive changed its company name to Gravity Games in April 2011.

This update is a collabaration, rare in Korea, between "fellow large-scale online games". Towns, dungeons, monsters, NPCs, pets, costumes and such from RO will be brought into Dragon Saga, with the intent to create a new original world. The town, "Geffen", the popular hunting area, "Orc Field", dungeon, "Glast Heim", and such will be implemented, and it's even possible to obtain detailed stuff like monster cards.

A representive from Gravity commented, "The DSA X RAG Shockwave update this time was a project prepared before the launch of Dragon Saga, an expansion through an union between our company's game IPs. With the good parts from both games combined, Dragon Saga should be able to become even more interesting."

---

...Well, that was unexpected.
Especially implementing an entire town for a reason like this.
The models look pretty decent though.
Wonder if the attack patterns for the new monsters would be clones as usual, though.

#2 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:31 PM

Oh god. I want the tough MVPs and fly wings and ranger pet.

#3 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 20 July 2012 - 10:58 PM

Wonder if some tougher Ragnarok things will be implemented as possible extra endgame things. Like the higher scale monsters and such. Because now I wanna see who'd win in a fight between Elga and Satan Morroc.

#4 Dongkeykong

Dongkeykong

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

nothing interesting.
just some new maps, monsters, costumes, mounts

#5 drago9321

drago9321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in The World :P
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:26 PM

To continue this thread

Dragon Saga "The first thing is that you can feel the Ragnarok 'Capra employees' and 'poring' is the advent of. 'Capra' in the Ragnarok Teleport NPC that provides the functionality, the "Dragon Saga 'which leads to the Ragnarok world plays a role. "Capra staff tailing 'a' wind harbor town located on the east side, other dimensions of Ragnarok the world tells you about the existence of the world. The 'tailing' next to the cute little monsters that represent the Ragnarok 'poring' existed Ragnarok boosts expectations about the world. Ragnarok dimensions in order to enter the world overcome the resistance to wear a set of novice to Ragnarok, shirts, shorts, shoes , the gloves of the Wind 'port' of the village can be gained from quests and backpack 'Geffen' village on the quest, you can acquire.

Tailing Capra employees' come over to the world through a dimensional' Geffen town, greets first.'Geffen' a 'Frontera' morokeu 'peyiyon' and one of the major cities of the kingdom of Ragnarok runmideugacheu magic place called Sierra. "Geffen town 'characteristic of the mystical atmosphere of light Behold the" Dragon Saga "as in dwaeteumyeo implementation, 2D Dot cute characters of Ragnarok, transformed into a 3D offers a different play. In addition, "Geffen village 'Another look at the' Capra employees 'of' diporeute 'and' binit 'High Priest' job 'ahyiel' and can meet Ragnarok NPC.

'Geffen village' Ragnarok the two popular is the advent of hunting. Filled with an oak monster "Oak field, 'and another known as a challenging dungeon' geulraeseuteuheim 'is From the entry level 40 dungeon equipment available these Enchant 100% of items that by increasing the 'Monster Card' costumes and costume Ragnarok, Ragnarok items such as pet can be acquired. 'Oak Field' A 'Orc Warrior,' 'High Oak 'Hammer Goblin' Goblin ax 'enjelring' poring 'etc. Ragnarok is the emergence of popular monsters. In particular, bosses 'Oak Hero' when attacking Ragnarok costume costumes craft can be. Two costume costume 'Lord Knight' 'High Priest' 'Assassin Cross' Whitesmith 'had the appearance and abilities, and the "geulraeseuteuheim' items are required for entry to.

'Geulraeseuteuheim' normal dungeons and dungeons Claire, consists of Heroic and powerful monsters like Ragnarok and where compensation is followed. The 'geulraeseuteuheim' a 'Ariel' NPC gives a direct move, 'zombie' to burn '' Dark Illusion '' Evil Druid 'Wraith' 'Mimic', and monsters will appear.Above all, geulraeseuteuheim "When you clear the dungeon, Dragon Saga 'first dedicated PVP option added' Valkyrie set 'equipment items can be obtained. 'Valkyrie Set' helmets, shirts, shoulders, shorts, shoes, gloves, cape consists magazine, "Critical Defense" "chimyeongtajeohangyul 'bangeogugwantongyul' curse resistivity 'literacy' as the option is attached.

In this update, a symbol of cuteness petdo Ragnarok appeared. Ragnarok pet boarding brother, "Peco Peco 'and' poring 'two species, and these' Oak Field 'and' geulraeseuteuheim 'This to drop the" golden box "opening can be obtained.

In particular, 'poring' appearance variations possible with pet hair dye 'deuroppeuseu' poporing 'etc. can be transformed to.

addition 'Geffen village' and 'Oak Fields' geulraeseuteuheim' loading screen is shown when you move to a separate production a "Dragon Saga" and "Ragnarok" content of the composite image viewing pleasure jegongdwae adds

Jo, Sang - Hyeon reporter neulpeum@fomos.co.kr

[games & gametoday.co.kr all all rights reserved]

stupid google translate......

Edited by drago9321, 20 July 2012 - 11:29 PM.

#6 drago9321

drago9321

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in The World :P
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 20 July 2012 - 11:32 PM

nothing interesting.
just some new maps, monsters, costumes, mounts

u forgot sets ...... :Emo_18:

#7 Execrate

Execrate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 01:33 AM

"Our 'Legendary' update was a failure, what do we do now...?"
"Take content from one game, and put it in the other!"
"Wow, minimal effort! Just what we're known for!"
"Yeah, we'll just copy paste all of the code over so we can release it with every dialogue having several translation errors, if it's even translated at all!"
"Maybe, just maybe, this will distract from the lack of actual content past lv 60, when the cap is 80"

Edited by Execrate, 21 July 2012 - 01:36 AM.

#8 HolySu

HolySu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 July 2012 - 06:45 AM

awesome

#9 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:16 AM

I really hope its all 60+ content or else they might as well revert cap to 60 and remove everything past bone dragon.

#10 zabmaru

zabmaru

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1403 posts
  • LocationSome rural craphole

Posted 21 July 2012 - 07:40 AM

Mixboard sets
Reskin monsters
60 content

Prove me wrong, WP.

#11 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 09:16 AM

I really hope its all 60+ content or else they might as well revert cap to 60 and remove everything past bone dragon.

TBH I'm starting to agree at this point. If they replace the weapons and sets properly tho. TBH 60 or 70 will work.

Mixboard sets
Reskin monsters
60 content

Prove me wrong, WP.

Forgot to list that among new pets would probably be some IM exclusive pets.

#12 Biskit

Biskit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

It would seem all hope is lost in this game now. All I ever see is complaining and sarcasm whenever something new is introduced. I wonder why some of you are still here if you're not expecting anything good in future updates.

#13 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:12 PM

It would seem all hope is lost in this game now. All I ever see is complaining and sarcasm whenever something new is introduced. I wonder why some of you are still here if you're not expecting anything good in future updates.

Because deep down we all love this game really really hope the devs will prove us wrong in all our complaints about new content.

#14 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

Aughhhhh...

The concept is interesting and all, especially since the company is the same and both games are known for their cutesy style. Honestly, if it's all level 80+ (With a new cap) content I'd be more than satisfied. However, it seems highly unlikely for any of the core problems it to be resolved with this, such as cash shop dependency. New content is always nice, but more garbage for level 40 is incredibly unmotivating.

As Slayze said, at least the models are cute.

Edited by Kazu731, 21 July 2012 - 03:30 PM.

#15 Biskit

Biskit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:26 PM

Because deep down we all love this game really really hope the devs will prove us wrong in all our complaints about new content.

I feel the same way. However, the negativity and all doesn't really help the problem. It'll just turn new players away seeing that all the current community does is complain and be negative about whats to come. Just a really depressing sight to see I guess. For me anyway.

#16 Miname

Miname

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2187 posts
  • LocationDefinitely in my zone
  • Server:Spamonica

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:43 PM

Ragnarok is gay.

#17 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 03:55 PM

I feel the same way. However, the negativity and all doesn't really help the problem. It'll just turn new players away seeing that all the current community does is complain and be negative about whats to come. Just a really depressing sight to see I guess. For me anyway.

All the complaining is about end game and how much its cash dependent, made by people who like to lvl to cap then have stuff to do. Anyone pre 65ish will have a wonderful time with all the content and events for them. The problem is they will most likely never see most the content since F7 is the way to level instead of questing/dungeon grinding in other games that makes players explore and use all the content given to them.

#18 Biskit

Biskit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:16 PM

All the complaining is about end game and how much its cash dependent, made by people who like to lvl to cap then have stuff to do. Anyone pre 65ish will have a wonderful time with all the content and events for them. The problem is they will most likely never see most the content since F7 is the way to level instead of questing/dungeon grinding in other games that makes players explore and use all the content given to them.

Oh, I know what the complaining is about. And I completely understand why everyone does. It just annoys me a bit that I see a majority of players complaining, but not giving any feedback and just continuously post nothing but negativity instead of contributing. I agree with you though. If the devs were to get rid of F7, have better dungeons, and have quests give a ton of more EXP + a bountiful of helpful items such as weapon/armor dust and stronger pots, it might help the game a bit. Those are the kinds of things I've seen in other mmos and it gives me a reason to do those quests and have motivation to level. Of course there needs to be plenty more important changes than what I've mentioned. Also, aren't most f2p mmos cash dependent? This one a little more than others though.

Edited by Biskit, 21 July 2012 - 04:24 PM.

#19 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 04:43 PM

Oh, I know what the complaining is about. And I completely understand why everyone does. It just annoys me a bit that I see a majority of players complaining, but not giving any feedback and just continuously post nothing but negativity instead of contributing. I agree with you though. If the devs were to get rid of F7, have better dungeons, and have quests give a ton of more EXP + a bountiful of helpful items such as weapon/armor dust and stronger pots, it might help the game a bit. Those are the kinds of things I've seen in other mmos and it gives me a reason to do those quests and have motivation to level. Of course there needs to be plenty more important changes than what I've mentioned. Also, aren't most f2p mmos cash dependent? This one a little more than others though.

amazingly this one isn't as cash dependent as other games but the way the they have ds set up makes you spend tons of IM for end game to do anything instead of subtly making you need it for content such as a damage boost to make soloing end game easier, or major status boosts for X amount of time in pve stuff like that. Instead we got SPEND HUNDREDS ON WEAPON AND ARMOUR AND PROCEED TO BE USELESS ENDGAME unless you're a ninja of course.

#20 Biskit

Biskit

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 183 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

amazingly this one isn't as cash dependent as other games but the way the they have ds set up makes you spend tons of IM for end game to do anything instead of subtly making you need it for content such as a damage boost to make soloing end game easier, or major status boosts for X amount of time in pve stuff like that. Instead we got SPEND HUNDREDS ON WEAPON AND ARMOUR AND PROCEED TO BE USELESS ENDGAME unless you're a ninja of course.

Oh. I thought with all the "Enchant X item to a certain enchant level and win a Legend +20 Darkness Wing of Black Dragon Lord" events, it'd be considered more cash dependent most mmos. Anyway, I know where you're coming from. Spending money for your gear should definetly be more worthwhile in the end-game content for all classes.

#21 IreKire

IreKire

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:06 PM

we have also offered plenty of feedback, even the legend feedback has 76 replies in 20 days,
unfortunately im guessing we are ignored by the developers.......

back on topic, is this update for real - seen the post yesterday, but no word from warp about the rumors....

#22 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

TBH I'd love if the developers actually listened to us. Imagine all the servers got together and did a game balance summit and sent the approved ideas to developers. And it gets ignored sadly. Which is what I hate. But to be honest WarpPortals staff and support are way more reliable than IGG but I aint gonna rant about why they're bad.

If F7 was removed and we leveled the old fashioned way @ F6. It'd be wayy better for the community. First off unlike F7 where you change maps every 15 levels which makes you skip most of the missions and hero quests except for the ones needed for F7's, F6 maps you change off of more often. Along the lines of every 5 levels give or take. So to get these new map F6's you need to Hero quest alot more. (For instance: Rokko is good till 44ish, then you can go Burnaun F6 till 50ish then go Bubobubo F6 till 55ish, then Arkah till 60. Promote then newer map F6's as you go up.) Increasing the exp will help for this. Not to mention it promotes ring farming and even muffler building if you really want a good Blizzard Muffler as F6 was the best way to grind materials for it. Since you need more hero quests. They gotta go through more of the world to get to the new maps and now it aint just F7 speed leveling. No afking either (Despite a good team only needs 2 people active at most sometimes depending on classes.).

But I doubt F7 will get removed.

#23 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 12:57 AM

F6 and f7 were both terrible ideas as a main way for leveling. It should've been quests and dungeons give the most exp while f6 and f7 should be for boss items. The devs have implemented player ideas before( purification stones,2x amp cap, double aim acc) and as for a balance summit each of the main servers did one(WP, IAH Thai, Jp Drag) and they all called for pretty much the same things, block nerf, lower defense for the mage classes(since they can heal) fixed damage for overlords ands and sentinels, etc etc, but so far it seems the devs refuse to listen to players about major balance issues(probably has to do with "we didn't think of this so they can't have it cause it makes us look bad" kind of thing.

Edited by StormHaven, 22 July 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#24 Michael123

Michael123

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts
  • LocationDrakos First floor/Dragon Valley/Libra

Posted 22 July 2012 - 07:08 AM

F6 and f7 were both terrible ideas as a main way for leveling. It should've been quests and dungeons give the most exp while f6 and f7 should be for boss items. The devs have implemented player ideas before( purification stones,2x amp cap, double aim acc) and as for a balance summit each of the main servers did one(WP, IAH Thai, Jp Drag) and they all called for pretty much the same things, block nerf, lower defense for the mage classes(since they can heal) fixed damage for overlords ands and sentinels, etc etc, but so far it seems the devs refuse to listen to players about major balance issues(probably has to do with "we didn't think of this so they can't have it cause it makes us look bad" kind of thing.

I want the oldsies back :(....

#25 Kazu731

Kazu731

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3347 posts
  • LocationSky Garden
  • Server:Sky Garden

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:10 PM

Well, the reasoning here is pretty obvious. The company (WarpPortal definitely has a hand in it) has one goal in mind: more players. People are going to take this in many ways, like "more people, more money," and other such things. To a degree, I think this is probably true.

The idea that this has been in the works for a "long" time is absolutely false. This is very clearly a last ditch effort to, instead of trying to make the game stand up on its own and appeal to people, draw upon the (rather large) already-established fanbase that is Ragnarok. I have nothing against this idea, really, or against Ragnarok. The thing that bothers me is that they clearly gave up hope on the game and its own merits ages ago and, instead of taking feedback for the things that matter, they again try one of these "Wow, look at what Dragon Saga is doing!" approaches. As for the content itself, I obviously can't comment because I haven't seen it.

In other words, this idea has such a gigantic implication behind it that, if it isn't up to par, it's going to be a gigantic insult and I would even say a symbolic funeral of sorts for the game. I don't mean to be overdramatic or apocalyptic, but they have clearly banked all their stakes on the name of an already-successful game, and made us the vehicle for it. By being up to par, I mean exactly what Storm said. If it's all garbage below level 60 and not a cap raise/huge content implementation, then it's just another sham set up to draw new people in with zero regard for the current players.

I'm rambling a bit, but let me try to sum myself up for my own sake. It sounds like another attempt at drawing in new players, whose audience they have decided to be the Ragnarok community. If it is not a solid patch with actual content, and is instead a lot of bells and whistles just to draw new players in and not offer much to the high level/capped player, it's a ridiculous show of absolute lack of competence in the developers.

Edited by Kazu731, 22 July 2012 - 04:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users